Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Funny Weeds For Funny Games: But you don't mention....

Communities > Forums > Article: Funny Weeds For Funny Games
bookmark
Forum: Article: Funny Weeds For Funny GamesReplies: 1, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
usasouth
Canton, GA

July 26, 2011
3:12 AM

Post #8715703

What about searching for "good luck" 4-leaf clovers? Picking daisies and splitting the long stem from the bottom to just underneath the flower and tying it on our wrist for a flower bracelet...when it wilted and we tired of it, we pulled the petals off one by one with the "loves me"..."loves me not"...such simple pleasures! Mom would take us three kids for walks in the woods and pasture down to the spring; she would tell us stories of her childhood, identify wildflowers, sweet shrubs (allspice), and native azaleas. We were learning without realizing it. When I see wild ginger growing in the woods, I remember her telling us how the flowers hidden underneath the leaves looked like "little pigs"... Remember the doodle bugs and their funnel shaped houses?...we didn't realize they were just waiting patiently for some small insect to fall in so they could have their dinner...lol. We tied strings onto the legs of June bugs and had great fun as they flew around...June bugs don't sting, but they sure made your hands smell awful...you don't pay much attention to that when you're a kid. The lightening bugs didn't smell too good either, but sure were neat when several lit up their jar on a dark night. I can close my eyes and remember how the new mowed grass smelled on a warm summer night; I can almost hear the crickets and frogs, too...what has happened to all the lightening bugs? But I have seen several praying mantis this summer. USASOUTH

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 26, 2011
10:23 PM

Post #8717676

Thanks for sharing, Usasouth! My son is playing this game of searching a four leaves clover in our lawn and he seems to be lucky!LOL We're lucky to live in the countryside and still have crickets.

Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Funny Weeds For Funny Games Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Now that you mention it Kelli 24 Aug 9, 2011 4:30 AM
Enjoyed this article! Thanks! annhelen 1 Jul 26, 2011 10:56 PM
brings back memories Becca24 1 Jul 26, 2011 12:44 AM
What a wonderful childhood you had. moonrose777 1 Aug 5, 2011 2:32 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America