All call - Begonia Dororthy Behrens

College Park, GA(Zone 7b)

Does anyone have B. Dorothy Behrens? I have lost this one in my collection. Also, with so many begonias changing names. Someone may have it but call it something else. Is there anyone with a true picture? It is a medium size leaf. I have seen it at least 4-6 inches across. It is a black, hairy leaf, and rhizo. type plant. If you like black leaf begonias it's beautiful. This is a good challenge if you can find it. I am willing to purchase it. Thank you.

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

Ross Bollwell's site has a good photo for reference
Slightly different spelling with it as 'Dorothy Behrends'

http://114.111.129.203/iBegonias/browserecord.php?-action=browse&-recid=1920&p=photo&-recnum=6

Yes, that is it. Also, I stand corrected on the name too. I will attempt to touch base with Ross, if there is any chance on finding it to purchase.

Thank you so much begoniacrazii.

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

He's in Australia and not likely to be able to send plants due to their strict export laws.
Good luck in your quest. It's a pretty Begonia.

Have you tried Taylor Greenhouse ?

I recently ordered something else, didn't see anything similar to it. If I ever get my hands on another one, I will make plenty insurance of the next one. You can believe that.

Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

Taylor's often has begonias that are not listed on their site. Also, she just updated and added lots of new ones. She said she was avoiding the 110 degree greenhouse.

Hmmmmmmmmm!! I will check Taylor's out again. Thank you all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.