Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

NEW Christmas /or WINTER theme block swap PART 4

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

REMINDER!!! The deadline is FAST approaching!

MAILING DEADLINE: August 20, 2011. Post LOTS of pics if you can!!! For those that just like to "lurk" and follow along, pics are especially important. Besides that's how we "hook" in lurkers to become participants!

Time for a new thread Quilters... (over 200 posts)
1 Psychw2 (Pat) Winter theme(or floral) , hunter greens and burgundys/pinks... (or Red/WHITE/Blue ... or Pink & Black!)
2 Qulter5dbsr (Barb) Winter anycolor
3 FluStu (Stuart) Winter or civil War, scrappy... use your stash
4 Bettypauze - (Betty) Christmas
5 Helenethequeen - (Helene )Christmas Traditional colors
6 Taters55 -(Linda) Christmas, Red, Green & Gold.
7 LadybugNH (Gloria) Winter theme with blue and white and any other winter colors.
8 Housse301 (Laura) NO Christmas, scrappy
9 Jumper2 (Lucy ) Either, Christmas or winter
10. Mystery (NO name) AND wants NO blocks... LOL, just wants to sew!
11 BarefootT (Thunder) Christmas/Winter...reds, greens, blues..Lights, ornaments, snowflakes...SNOWMEN!!!
12 Mittsy (Mittsy!) Christmas in traditional colors BLING??
13 Cheriffic (Cher) Christmas in traditional colors.
14. Silioegma - (Karen) Winter theme
15 Syrumani (Nicole) TREES!!! Love Christmas trees.
16 Ladydragon5 (Janice) Christmas colors, red, forest green, gold.

This message was edited Jul 28, 2011 2:28 AM

This message was edited Aug 9, 2011 2:11 AM

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

Hey... First. Reposting Laura's block.

Thumbnail by FLStu
Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

And one of the blocks from Karen now that the flash is working on the camera to be better able to see it.

Thumbnail by FLStu
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Wonderful blocks Stu!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Very nice!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

I got block from Laura too...I have to go to work , so I will post photo later.. thanks I Love it!!!

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

Thank you Laura - beautiful- arrived today - Christmas in july

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

Pat, I got your blocks today! Thank you so much! Pictures tomorrow.

If Linda got hers the rest of you will be getting your's shortly too. Thunder will likely get her's last since it was a "package". Please look INSIDE the block, I sent you one and "Mystery" sent you all one, I put names on seam allowance. Mystery mailed to me and I mailed her's out with mine!!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I got mine from Laura too. It is so pretty - I just love it.

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

pretty red cardinals with your blue, VERY winter!

All very nice.....butttttt I like mine better LOL I got one from Laura too :)

it has loverly snow people, and even a doggie on ice skates!!

Thumbnail by barefootT

And It is Red, White, and Blue !!! thanks Laura

this one is from the Mystery person??? very pretty :)

Thumbnail by barefootT

and this little loverly is from the Doc ^_^ Snow people!!! she designed it just for me!!!

every one has bee sew awesome to be sending me snow people and birds!!! you are all fantastic !!

this is going to be a very special "mine / for me" quilt !!! ^_^ mine mine mine all mine !!!! LOL

Thumbnail by barefootT

I do not NOT want to go to work !!!! I want to stay home and make a Christmas quilt !!!!

ohhh but it will need some borders?? and some backing??!!! guess I better go to work ....sew I can make some money....sew I can buy some fabric....make a truck payment: got to be able to get to the store.......pay the electric bill: got to be able to run the sewing machine!! yup guess I got to go to work ...... ahhhh shucks !!! and phoey ^_^

Hope Y'all are having a Great day !!

Lexington Park, MD

Thunder so glad you like your block.
I just love the block Pat made it is sooooooo cute.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I got Pat's and Mystery's blocks today.

Lexington Park, MD

I got Pats and Mystery block today also. Love them and will take pics.

this from Pat today - thank you sooo much beautiful
and special thanks for the 5" charms

this today!
Thank you Mystery person - I actually love the berry fabric, have it in green, beige and 5 yards of the red - have used it for the past 2 years. beautiful block. Will we ever know who the mystery is? Such generousity should be told.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Great blocks..omg we should have a bet to. See who makes their quilt first...

Helene, I thought the block was a lot better looking in person than it was in the photo!! I had to enlarge it to see if it really was my block the colors were so distored! LOL

YES, I think "Mystery" should step up too but I will always honor her request. I'm sure she is grinning from ear to ear reading all your praise for her beautiful blocks!

Pat! No ? the block is beautiful will post a pic with all the others - it fits right in.
Today A bit busy with DD here.....

Re mystery: checked the size of your stitches - a bit different the mystery block. Then one other comes to mind but she always uses grey thread....so still mystery????

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

My sister, Patty got me connected to the internet and I was able to get my camera driver downloaded so I am gradually getting back to my computing. Haven't solved the email problem yet but working on it. It is a pain to have to go to the library to get your mail. I did buy a new Sony Vaio computer, sent it home with my grandson. He had brought his two year old HP with Windows XP. I just couldn't get used to the Windows 7 and have a low frustration level for all things electronic, so with his dad's blessing, we swapped. Our son, Rob has taken my old computer home to KY to recover my files and photos. I should get it back in November when we get together for Thanksgiving. I have purchased two 4 G flash drives and with back up my photos and files on them so this doesn't happen again. I wanted to share my pictures of the blocks that I have received since the computer crashed.
This is my block from Pat. Thank you Pat. It will be sewn into a row this week. Going to add sashing of white tone on tone. I want to thank everyone for that added bit of bling. My granddaughter Taylor is going to love this quilt. She turns 16 in August. Pat also included my block from the "Mystery" quilter, gotta love this group!

Thumbnail by mittsy

Myster quilter, whoever you are, thank you so much. Love the fairy frost fabric you used for the background.

Thumbnail by mittsy

I received this one with charm squares from Bev (SewSassie). She embellished it with gold metallic thread. Very nice, thanks so much.

Thumbnail by mittsy

From Laura (House301) I received this crisp traditional block. Thank you. It will really pop when framed with sashing.

I've also received some blocks from the "Different" swap, and I'll photograph them and try to get them posted, too. I also "found" the fabric for Stu that I got at Keepsake. Can you belioeve it I actually had put it in a safe place, suitcase pocket, knowing my suitcase would be going to Florida. I'm taking no chances, going to mail it out while I have it in sight.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

I got blocks from Pat, Barb, and Laura plus the mystery one. I had totally forgotten about this swap and was so glad to be reminded. Unfortunately I haven't been keeping track the way I usually so with a swap so I have NO IDEA who I have sent to nor who I have received from. Can't you all help me out?
I thought I was done with all of my commitments but want to be sure.

I got yours Janice ^_^

I have not sent any of these out yet...all are cut out and I am sewing them, today and tomorrow, and maybe one more day will be needed. then I will be mailing next pay check...I will send charms, with the ones in both swaps....

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

Janice, I have the one yhou sent me as well. It's going to go in a Holiday runner that I'm putting together for the dining room.

Lexington Park, MD

Janice I have recieved my block. Sitting here looking at all blocks and will make something just not sure what yet.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Pat, received my very lovely winter blocks from you and "mystery". They are so pretty, I just love them. I'll post as soon as we settle in and I find my camera. We are nomads until around the 24th of this month.

OK, I finally have a few minutes. Here are the blocks I received from Laura...

Thumbnail by taters55

From Pat...

Thumbnail by taters55

And from "MYSTERY"

They are all very pretty!

Thumbnail by taters55

Linda you should have received mine too. They were finished and mailed on 7/12. On 7/15 you posted the picture of the block I sent. I did sign the back before I mailed them...Can you check and if you have misplaced it, I'll make another.....

This message was edited Aug 1, 2011 8:08 AM

Barb, I did get yours on the 15th! I posted the picture then.

I got a bit concerned when you only listed the three above. I'm so glad you have it....

Just trying to post as I receive them. I got yours on the 15th, and posted your block. They are all going to be so pretty when put together!

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

Taters. Had to look back to see what I had sent you. LOL. I think that with my next block received, I'm going to do a grouping of the blocks to this point as well as some of you have shared.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.