Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Lilies: Any ideas on an ID?

Communities > Forums > Lilies
bookmark
Forum: LiliesReplies: 3, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Shelly221
Denver, CO
(Zone 5b)

July 27, 2011
6:36 PM

Post #8719737

This was purchased a couple years ago (from a big box store I believe) as a Stargazer lily. It doesn't look like the stargazers in the images I see online.
It does have a VERY strong scent, this one bloom I could smell from about 15 feet away. I actually had to search for it in my butterfly weed, I smelled it before I saw it. It is about 18 inches tall, but it was hidden. I will give it an A for effort.. it really wanted to bloom :-) I had given up on any coming up because of the aggressiveness of the butterfly weed.
Any help would be appreciated. If it should need to be forever labelled as a NOID, so be it. :-) It will get moved into the lily bed, and I will appreciate the look (and effort) of the NOID.

Thumbnail by Shelly221
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Moby
Lincoln, NE
(Zone 5b)

July 29, 2011
9:50 AM

Post #8723086

She's a lovely noid, nevertheless.
Shelly221
Denver, CO
(Zone 5b)

August 1, 2011
11:35 AM

Post #8729811

Thank you Moby! It has earned a spot for sure in the lily bed!
Moby
Lincoln, NE
(Zone 5b)

August 1, 2011
11:57 AM

Post #8729846

And keep her available for sniffing. ;)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Lilies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
lilium White Henryi lincolnitess 55 Jan 1, 2008 4:30 PM
The sickness continues... ivory 268 Oct 23, 2007 9:34 PM
Lily Germination Leftwood 8 Apr 21, 2007 7:20 PM
Fasciated Lilys menkids 108 Dec 6, 2007 2:20 PM
my Lilium seeds germinated bloomoon 10 May 8, 2008 3:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America