-
AuthorContent
jboehm
Mill Plain, WA

July 29, 2011
2:44 PM

Post #8723752

Hi,

My local newspaper is holding a contest and giving away family packs of tickets to our county fair. To enter we were asked our 3 favorite things to do, with our family, at the fair. My number one favorite thing to do with the family was "Hang out with the beekeeper at sunset." I didn't pre-plan this, with this post in mind. It really is our favorite thing to do.

At sunset, we are all a little tired from a long full day and the beekeepers building is a quiet place on the west side of the fair grounds. Its amazing to watch the bees huddle towards the setting sun. The beekeeper is always really nice and answers our kids questions. Its a great place and time to be.

So, here is were you can help. If you appreciate the shout out and the sentiment. Please follow this link, use the FIND feature and search for 'beekeeper' and give me your vote. UPDATE: Someone actually copied my responses. Odd, mine is the first 'beekeeper' in the list and my name is Jon.-- Thanks

http://www2.columbian.com/faircontest/
Ends 7/31

Thank you, thank you!!!
From me and the family

This message was edited Jul 30, 2011 9:24 PM
jboehm
Mill Plain, WA

July 31, 2011
9:54 AM

Post #8727379

UPDATE: Thank you all so very very much. I made a big jump overnight and I have beekeepers to thank for it!!! For my part I want to run in a clean and fun contest. Please make sure every vote is legal. I contacted the newspaper earlier in the week when things looked a bit wonky. They said "We have safeguards in place now. If someone's cheating, we'll know, and we'll be able to disqualify them."

Thank you beekeepers for doing all you do!!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beekeeping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
To catch a honey bee... WUVIE 10 Mar 25, 2007 11:18 PM
Dead Bees countryfarms 17 Oct 7, 2010 11:42 AM
New Beekeepers SwarmCatcher 10 Sep 12, 2009 3:51 PM
Bee sting - bee stinger mygardens 27 Nov 12, 2008 4:04 PM
Bees in the ground starlight1153 45 Sep 9, 2009 9:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America