CLOSED: 4th Annual 3-B House Swap

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi my name is Cindy (aka purpbutfly) and I am hosting a 3 B House Swap

Bats, Birds and Butterfly House

I am opening it August 1st, and will take names until August 14th, then posts your buddy name and address on the August 15th. All houses should be mailed out by Sept 7th If you are not in the address exchange please dmail me your addy.

It does not have to be home made, it can be bought. If you want to make a homemade one it can be made out of ANYTHING,( old cowyboots, cowboy hats, cans, gourds, you name it.) If a bird can get in it, it's a house, but bat houses and butterfly houses are a special type of house. I posted some links, that tell about bat and butterfly houses. Pictures alone do not qualify, but if you want to decorate with pictures that will work.

Anything goes so long as there is either Bat, Bird or Butterfly with a House, inside decoration or outside decoration. Here are some links to give you some ideas for your houses.

When signing up please specify what type of house you want

http://www.landsteward.org/page.cfm/10613

http://www.butterfly-gifts.com/bird-house.html

http://www.batconservation.org/content/Bathouseimportance.ht...

http://www.allfreecrafts.com/nature/birdhouse.shtml

1)deejay9/Susie..........Birdhouse or Butterfly House^_^ from roserairie
2)tatters55/Linda aka LK..............Birdhouse ^_^from deejay9/Susie
3)rouxcrew/Joy............Bird or Bat House ^_^ from ClanCampbell/Chris
4)Cville_Gardener.........Butterfly^_^ from FruitoftheVine/Sue
5)irisluvr0252.............Butterfly ^_^ from taters 55/Linda Kay
6)purpbutfly/Cindy...........Birdhouse ^_^ from dispatcher1/Lou
7)ClanCampbell/Chris...............Birdhouse ^_^
8)roserairie/Rose........anything ^_^ from purpbutfly/Cindy
9)ridesredmule/Charleen............anything ^_^ from Cville_Gardner/Carole
10)dispatcher1/Lou................anything ^_^ from ridesredmule/Charleen
11)FruitoftheVine/Sue......outside Birdhouse ^_^ from rouxcrew/Joy

This message was edited Sep 6, 2011 5:46 AM

This message was edited Sep 13, 2011 8:12 PM

This message was edited Sep 13, 2011 8:16 PM

This message was edited Sep 13, 2011 8:19 PM

This message was edited Oct 6, 2011 6:33 AM

This message was edited Oct 8, 2011 5:52 AM

Thumbnail by purpbutfly
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Well i Now have a great place to put a
BIRD HOUSE since my beautyful tree is no longer there I had them leave it high so that cats cannot get to
them , & I just hope i won't have to high a fireman to come put it up for me :) But then that might not be a bad Idea :)

So Birdhouse for me , or a Cool BOOT HOUSE would be great :) But I Also Have many butterflies
around here & no place for them to get in out of the rain .

SO For whom ever Gets Me I Will love what ever.

Thumbnail by deejay9
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Add my name too Cindy! Bird house please?

Hello Ladies,
Sorry I've been MIA, been busy with tons of yard work.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

I wanna join!!!! This is my fourth attempt, it will not send it through. Either bird or bat would be nice.

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I would like to join your 3-B swap, please.

I would like a Butterfly house. ^_^

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Ok, I've thought about it long enough.....butterfly house for me please!

Hi Ladies!!! Glad to see you join. I am making mine this year. A friend helped me cut it out.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Cool! ^_^

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I guess you better sign me up Cindy :) I was out shopping for stuff and found a cute birdhouse, so I bought it thinking I could send it along with whatever else I decide to send to my swap buddy.

It wasn't till I was almost to the car, that I realized that I hadn't signed up for this one LOL ^_^

LOL gotcha Chris

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Cindy, please sign me up. Would like anything. Not sure if I could mount a bat house -- do you need a tall tree?
Rose

This message was edited Aug 7, 2011 5:49 PM

I think you can put bat houses just about anywhere. I put mine on the back of my house just under the eaves.

Not sure i would want them to close to the house maybe out at the barn would be ok :)))) maybe I would share mine & put it on the neighbors house so she can climb into it :) HEHE "LOVE THY NEIGHBOR "NOT"
Good night all

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

LOL, Susie. You're too funny! But I know the situation isn't funny. ^_^

Think I will just stay with a BIRDHouse or The BUTTERFLY House I Have Hundred of Butterflies this summer:)
well off to play outside ya all have a great day .

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Just wanted to let you all know that I will be kinda MIA for a couple of weeks......packing this week to fly to Arizona on Saturday for vacation in Flagstaff to see the Grand Canyon, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest and will even drive over to Vegas for a couple of days! Very excited as my DD and DGS will be going with us! We fly back on the 20th and will get home around midnight. I will try to check in on the 15th to see who my buddy is (I may find something really cool) while we are gone but our days are going to be quite filled so who knows!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

That sounds like a wonderful vacation - have fun!

I have a butterfly house but no residents. Plenty of butterflies around the garden. How do I get them to move in?

Rose here is a link telling you about butterfly houses and how to attract butterflies

http://www.ehow.com/how_2341882_find-best-place-butterfly-house.html

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I would still like a butterfly house, but if that is too difficult for my buddy to find, a birdhouse will be just fine. ^_^

Come on Ladies tell your buddies to get in this swap only a few more days to go. I would like to have at least 12 or 14 but if not "Oh Well" :(

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Let me see if I can make a B house of some kind. i already have a Birdhouse and Ill Try to make other two. Just let me know. I'm in if you need me....

Oh thanks Charleen

Anytime, Girl. Thank you....

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I'd like to join this also. I will send the informantion by D-mail. I would enjoy receiving any of the houses. Lou

Me too, Cindy. anything is fine...

ME THREE :)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Slipped in under the wire. A Bird House for me please. Thanks, Cindy :)

Ladies I want ya all to be aware that I may be drawing names with a hangover come Sunday, lol. So if I screw up some way or another let me know. Going to HUGE biker (125 of us) b-day party tomorrow and it's a full moon! HOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! lol This party is taking place at a bar on the Sacramento River, it's called Swabbie's on the River. Live bands, good friends and lots of dancing whooo hoooo :( I'll pay for it Sunday for sure.

Thanks for joining Ladies

As Long as you Play safe & Have a SOBER Driver to take you Home , Have Fun .

Yes, Indeed. have Fun, Be safe....

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Thanks for concerns Ladies. For sure we will be careful and Doug doesn't drink that much maybe 1 or 2 but always makes sure several hours have passed after consuming. Plus we drink lots of water it gets rather warm and muggy where we are going to be. Sure would like to get at one more person to sign up. Bug your friends ladies PLEASE ^_^

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I will be happy with a butterfly or bird house. Just sayin'. ^_^

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

You deserve to have a good time, Cindy, and hope you had a fun week-end!

Can't wait to get my bud's name :)

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Shhhhhh, not too loud, she has a hangover, I mean headache!

LOL, no hangover but sore muscles from too much dancing. Had such a good time, met and made new friends. There were at least 200 of us all together.

Dropping names in the hat now.........................................

Here's a link to the party last night

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae182/purpbutfly/

Everyone should have their buddies name. Now time to get to work on mine. ^_^

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Got mine ... thanks!

Where are you in the picture oh sorry guess your the one behind the camera :) HEHE off to the great outdoors today to ponder on the type of critter box to get for my partner the Garden is where i can do my best thinking :)))
have a great day all .
susie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.