Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Frugal water...

Batesburg, SC(Zone 8a)

Well, being in a drought has forced us to go very frugal with our well water consumption. It has went low/dried up already this year. No rain to speak of here in Midlands SC.
So, I have taken to re-capture gray water for garden use.....kitchen, washing, and bath. It is the only water my veggies(some), herbs (some), and flowers(less) will get till we get some rain. Yesterday, I tried the handwashing of the dirty laundry outside in my 5 gal bucket collection. I only used the washer to spin dry them to hang on the line. It worked pretty good. And, as my gardens will only get recaptured graywater right now. Alot of our gardens, get nothing. There is no way to get them all water. We just have to watch them all dry up.

This thread has 33 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!