Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Frugal Gardener: Money Saving Projects and Tips; How to Make a Planter From an Old Chair: Clever re-use!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Frugal Gardener: Money Saving Projects and Tips; How to Make a Planter From an Old Chair
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Frugal Gardener: Money Saving Projects and Tips; How to Make a Planter From an Old ChairReplies: 2, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 6, 2011
5:36 AM

Post #8739805

Very neat! I love things like that and hope you will post follow up photos as it develops.

Charming assistant you have. She will be hooked on plants also.

Did you plant any vines to wind around the back of the chair by any chance?

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 6, 2011
5:48 AM

Post #8739810

Thanks!

Cassidy had a blast doing this, but she'll be headed back to college shortly (languages are her strong suit) We've got a few 'frugal' projects photographed and she'll star in a few other installments before Christmas.

We just have the succulents in this chair and since the chair isn't in its permanent spot, there aren't any vines, but it has two 'sisters' sitting in the back yard just waiting for a project, so who knows what I'll come up with for them!
sherrymarie
Weatherford, TX
(Zone 7b)

August 6, 2011
1:34 PM

Post #8740517

Very nice. I've often seen chairs that I love, but I already have 10 lawn chairs in our backyard and we only sit out there when we have company. This gives me the push I need to buy the next one I see. Thanks.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Frugal Gardener: Money Saving Projects and Tips; How to Make a Planter From an Old Chair Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Very Nice rampbrat 8 Jan 7, 2012 2:38 PM
Love the shabby chic chair moonrose777 1 Aug 8, 2011 5:33 AM
Ideas needed! mayabeez 3 Aug 22, 2011 10:56 AM
This article is great! orangegrovegirl 3 Sep 24, 2012 5:56 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America