Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Sewing and Quilting: Trying to finish a few things.........

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 14, Views: 98
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

August 6, 2011
5:46 PM

Post #8740840

During July I drug out some cross stitch and one crewel project that had been hiding in a drawer and finished them by making quilted wall hangings of them. If you enjoy these you might check out the needle craft forum and see what else I've been up to. I embroidered these pots a LONG time ago and never did anything with them until now. They fit right in with my Santa Fe style house.

Thumbnail by morknotmindy
Click the image for an enlarged view.

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

August 6, 2011
5:48 PM

Post #8740843

I thought this one was so darn cute. I have a little bone shaped button that I'm going to add. I just happened to have the right fabric to set it off.

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

August 6, 2011
5:54 PM

Post #8740847

I am a real sucker for anything with a cat... I had a beautiful calico but the neighborhood bobcat got her about six weeks ago... I have a friend that has a calico named Jasmine that looks so much like this little kitty that I've named her Jasmine.

Fish_knees

Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ

August 6, 2011
6:30 PM

Post #8740884

Where on earth do you get the time? Those are so cute :)

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 8, 2011
10:29 PM

Post #8745799

very nice...you do great work!!! I have always liked that dog saying!!!!, and I love the pawprint

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 9, 2011
5:06 AM

Post #8746050

Gloria, I'm so happy to see you getting these Xstitch projects completed. You have given me ideas for how to finish off the several ones I have stored in a box. I love what you have done...

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

August 10, 2011
3:21 PM

Post #8749245

Fishy, I did the needle work on these years ago and decided I'd better get them finished. Turning 70 in January has inspired me to finish up things while I can still see!! And get them out where I can enjoy them. barefoot, thanks. I had a dog that I liked better than I did most people when I did that one. She has been long gone but is still in my heart. I've used fabric from my stash to finish these projects and was very happy when I found the paw print. And thanks to Barb also. It is a nice feeling to finally finish something and enjoy it.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 11, 2011
5:10 AM

Post #8749957

Way to go Gloria...
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

August 11, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8750158

Ohmigosh, you do such nice work! I have two cross-stitch pieces that I really need to get out and finish. But my work is not nearly as neat and smooth as yours. Beautiful! :)
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 11, 2011
10:00 AM

Post #8750329

Gloris what wonderful ideas you are giving me. I have some pieces I will pull out and see what I can do .

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

August 11, 2011
1:05 PM

Post #8750610

Thank you Elizabeth. I'm sure your work is just fine. housse, glad I can be an instigator!! It was lots of fun to finish these projects. I'm also finishing a couple of tatting projects. I'll be posting them on the Needle Craft forum when they are done. I have a few there already if you'd like to check them out.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 11, 2011
1:07 PM

Post #8750614

Oh Gloria I looked at directions for tatting. no way I can follow that . Too much for me. But the pieces you have done are just amazing.
Thank you for sharing.

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

August 11, 2011
1:13 PM

Post #8750621

Thank you, housse. I have looked at directions on how to tat and I would never be able to learn from them either!!! My grandmother taught me. I think you have to see someone tatting to even have a clue.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 11, 2011
1:50 PM

Post #8750675

My mom taught me. my daughter and her son. Daughter still does quite a bit of tatting. I never cared much for it, not enough patience. My mom used to tat the lace for vintage style dresses I made for grand daughters, and for a couple christening gowns. She used the thinnest, finest thread she could find, it looked like spider silk. I have only a tiny piece left.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 11, 2011
6:53 PM

Post #8751232

That would be soooooo cool Karen (silio). I used to have some lavender my grandmother did. I have three of her quilts and some of her pillowcase embroidery work etc...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America