Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!: 2 pineapples

Communities > Forums > Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!Replies: 1, Views: 3
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FairyCreature
Northfield, MN

August 7, 2011
8:30 AM

Post #8741737

My pineapples don't seem to want to root, but maybe I'm expecting too much rooting. I do have some brown roots but I figure they'd get bigger. I'll probably just plant them and see what happens.
Every time I eat a fruit now I think about growing it. I have a bunch of Bing cherries and random tasty apple seeds. I tried to grow an avocado but I don't think it liked me.
I found this website to be the best for instructions..comes from a weird place.
http://www.rickswoodshopcreations.com/Pineapple/pineapple.htm
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 22, 2011
12:24 PM

Post #8771191

Pineapples, being bromeliads, don't have a very extensive root system - generally just enough roots to hold them into the soil. I've found it helps to strip off about 5 - 10 whorls of small bottom leaves before planting the pineapple. Enough to find and expose the primordia roots that are sometimes found under these bottom leaves.

Enjoy!

Jeremy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
growing pineapples ringbearer31 11 Dec 31, 2010 7:46 AM
Golden gardening opportunities... podster 8 Oct 8, 2007 11:33 PM
Pot size? imapigeon 3 Oct 15, 2007 1:49 AM
Pineapples billowen 0 Oct 8, 2007 8:37 PM
My pineapple pic Islandshari 9 Oct 12, 2007 4:04 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America