Photo by Melody

PlantFiles Pictures: Golden Creeping Jenny, Gold Moneywort 'Aurea' (Lysimachia nummularia)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 3, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

growin

growin
Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

August 7, 2011
12:50 PM

Post #8742277

Golden Creeping Jenny, Gold Moneywort 'Aurea'
Lysimachia nummularia

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/58136/

Thumbnail by growin
Click the image for an enlarged view.

alday
Center, TX

August 17, 2012
8:36 AM

Post #9244552

How to root creeping jenny Thanks alda

growin

growin
Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

August 17, 2012
11:17 AM

Post #9244683

Put a little dirt over a stem on the ground.
coriaceous
ROSLINDALE, MA

February 3, 2014
7:51 AM

Post #9761335

Before it was prohibited here (Massachusetts), I bought two plants for use in containers. The client planted them in the beds without telling me, and it took only a few months to become an ineradicable weed, both in the borders and also in the lawn. (This is a no-herbicide garden.)

This plant creeps quickly along the ground and roots at every node. In our heavy soil, the roots are stronger than the stems, and if I pull, the stem snaps above the nearest rooted node. That makes it as hard to remove from the lawn as ground ivy (Glechoma hederacea), which has a similar habit and is also a problem in this garden.

I find that plantings of gold-leafed cultivars need to be monitored for green reversions/seedlings.

This species is native to Europe and widely naturalized throughout the US. There is widespread concern about its invasion of natural habitat, especially in sensitive wetlands.

It can be controlled with 2% glyphosate herbicide.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America