Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Shrubby Hydrangea for Northern Gardeners: a question about aluminum sulfate

Communities > Forums > Article: Shrubby Hydrangea for Northern Gardeners
bookmark
Forum: Article: Shrubby Hydrangea for Northern GardenersReplies: 0, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pastapicker
Columbus, OH

August 8, 2011
9:05 AM

Post #8744123

First of all, thanks, Todd for mentioning that it is toxic to Rhodies. Now I know why mine have been languishing! I had used some a few years ago to try to make the soil more acidic for them--oops!

But, I am wondering now, about the wisdom of adding aluminum to soil in any case. Is it something that we will be considering a pollutant in years to come? Is there any scientific evidence or concern about its use in the landscape?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Shrubby Hydrangea for Northern Gardeners Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you, Todd pirl 14 Dec 14, 2008 1:25 PM
H. macrocephala? plantfreak78 2 Dec 8, 2008 5:43 PM
Annabelle Hydrangea oldmandan 3 Dec 8, 2008 11:01 PM
Great info geraldine87 0 Dec 8, 2008 1:23 PM
My lovelies from zone 3 lynnann50 2 Dec 8, 2008 10:35 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America