Scarecrow

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Here's the scarecrow I made today, Luau Larry, all ready to hit the links. Oh no, looks like our intrepid hero is already on the course and in the rough. Go back to gardening Larry, your golf game is horrible!

Thumbnail by frogymon
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

here's the pvc armature

Thumbnail by frogymon
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Here's the body being filled out with foam.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Southern California, CA

I love scarecrows! Nice work!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Luau Larry is a cool looking dude! If he is good at gardening and cleaning up pine needles I'll hire him for a few days, or maybe end up making my own. LOL

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Here's Larry @ dusk, ever vigilant.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX(Zone 8b)

Way Cute nice TUT thanks

Always on the job, great guy!!!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Pretty cool!! I love luau Larry. Will you change his clothes with the season? I see little statues on people's front lawns here, and they change the clothes and scenery to match the seasons and holiday. For easter, one lady dresses her dog statue up in an easter bunny outfit and make an easter egg tree and a basket of eggs. For summer, she sets the dog in a little kiddie pool, put shorts and a tropical shirt on it and a snorkel and sunglasses. It's fun to drive by and see what new outfit the dog will wear from week to week.

Did you know that you can make stiff clothes by dipping them in Elmer's glue? They'll last longer in the weather too. You can buy the glue in gallon jugs even.

That Elmer's glue really comes in handy. Gallons of glue, wow could I get in trouble. My mother used to decoupage with Elmer's glue mixed with water, don't think she ever did buy any Modge Podge.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

BC,

I have a blog @ http://mrbsgarden.blogspot.com/ where you can keep up to date on what Larry is up to, as he will definitely be dressing for the season, as well as for major holidays. Larry's a tightwad and buys all his clothes @ thrift stores for $3 or less, so weathering isn't an issue.

I must keep up with Larry. He's my kind of man, thrift store clothes can be a great thing. Prices of clothing is just too high for my budget. LOL

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Thrift stores are just a continuation of "hand me downs" from when we were kids, unless of course you were lucky enough to be the oldest.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I love Larry. Would he be interested in meeting Bubbles? I have her posted here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1187818/ LMK in advance 'cause she'll need a day at the spa and a new outfit.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Larry likes him a plus size gal!!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

She just canceled her gym membership.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!!!

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

It's now September and while my thoughts are turning to my winter garden full of veggies and blooms, Larry, like many men from coast to coast, is preparing for a different ritual of Fall. No not football, but tracking elusive prey in the great outdoors. That's right, it's American Sportsman Larry, out in the field looking for game. Chuck's decided the safest perch is on top of Larry's head, and it also gives him a front row seat to the action.

Thumbnail by frogymon

Looking good!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Luau Larry has taken scarecrows to an entirely new level !
Great job. Very creative.

Cave Creek, AZ(Zone 9b)

Sheriff Joe know about the firearm in the backyard ;)

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

It's in the front yard and if he comes, he better bring the media so they can catch the look on his face when he finds out it's a fake.

North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

LOL! This guy looks familiar! You did a great job on him!

~~ Sue

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Larry spent the day harvesting the bounty of the garden and here he is showing off the results of his hard labor. Not sure how he managed to grow Jack 'o Lanterns, but the proof is in his basket.

To see Larry's cousin Henry or to find out what other projects I'm working on, visit my blog @ www.mrbsgarden.blogspot.com.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Too cool! We will have to make one for next year's garden.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Larry's all decked out for Halloween and ready to scare a lot more than birds.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

Larry is a very complex sc, isn't he????

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes, and he's a fairly high maintenance guy.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Here's Larry in his salute to America's Armed forces.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Love it!

Manassas, VA

Too cute! What an adorable idea to honor our men and women in uniform! :)

Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX(Zone 8b)

frogymon,,, great job on Larry !!!

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Love a man in uniform! lol, or a gal...

Shawnee Mission, KS(Zone 6a)

Our halloween scarecrow

Thumbnail by SusanKC
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Here's Pilgrim Larry, bringing home Thanksgiving dinner.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Lorena, TX

love all your "Larrys'......my DH's name also!!!! can't wait to show him your latest!!!

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

kanuallc

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback but would do Larry even without it, as I have so much fun with him. Have you visited my blog www.mrbsgarden.blogspot.com? All of Larry's doings are posted there, as well as many of my other projects.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I still can't seem to post on your blog and even the little boxes that I have checked do not appear....but I do get your blog delivered to my google homepage and I do read it - you are not just posting to the wind☺ I really like Larry and I think that someday when I get a yard again, we will be doing something like that, too.

Decatur, GA

Larry is the greatest! Does he have a Facebook page yet?
Helen

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Juney, I think you need to have a gmail account to post to my blog.

Helen, no, hadn't thought of that, but he is featured on my gardening (mostly) blog @ www.mrbsgarden.blogspot.com.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images