-
AuthorContent
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 11, 2011
3:45 PM

Post #8750862

Just finished these little crows, well the whole peice is 24" tall so I guess they are so little. These are dedicated to the crow that I saved last week that was stuck with its head between the slates of the fence. They are mounted on a conk that is a fungus that grows out of old growth pines. I have a logger friend that brings them to me. They make great bases for my creations.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 11, 2011
5:30 PM

Post #8751062

Wonderful job Jan. I'm so in awe of what you create. I just love your work...
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 11, 2011
7:54 PM

Post #8751334

Thanks so much Barb, out of all the things I have made or can make I have never made a quilt.
Your work is awesome and I love all of the things you do. I wish that I had time to quilt but I have to make a choice of what to do and quilting isn't on the list. I will leave that to you and those that can do it. Maybe we should do a trade. HUM?
Jan

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 12, 2011
7:09 AM

Post #8751885

That would certainly work for me!!! Would you like a quilt, a wall hanging, a table runner, placemats????? Just name it!!

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

August 12, 2011
1:33 PM

Post #8752488

gourd, I am always amazed at your creations. Are you still doing your gourd work?
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 13, 2011
8:49 PM

Post #8754997

A quilt in fall colors would work for me. I love the primitives, fabrics and design. If you are serious I would love to do a trade. Show me what you have in mind and we can work something out. These are my colors sort of.
If your were to ask me my color scheme in my home and life it would be this all year long. I lean to the reds and golds and greens.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 14, 2011
7:34 AM

Post #8755577

I'm getting ready to go on vacation next week so give me until Sept to find something I think you would like. I'd be happy to make a quilt for you...
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 18, 2011
9:25 PM

Post #8764003

Barb, I changed my mind. I have decided that I would rather have two place mats or a nice square tablecloth. My kitchen is the same colors as the rest of my house is is also along the primitive decor. Old kitchen utensils a lot of wood Well, here is a picture.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 18, 2011
9:27 PM

Post #8764008

This is my basic color scheme in the kitchen which is where the table is.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 18, 2011
9:29 PM

Post #8764010

the cupboards are going to be painted a barn red too.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2011
5:51 AM

Post #8764305

I detect a Southwest influence here. Is that the look you had or want? I have a great idea now though...I'm sure it will work!!!!
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 19, 2011
8:08 AM

Post #8764593

NO NO NO !!! I don't want SW as we just left AZ about 6 years ago and I am trying to slowly eliminate that decor but my husband has certain pieces that he is attached to so I am trying to blend them into the primitive decor. Where did you... awe, I know from the rugs heh? Those did come from AZ but I am waiting for new flooring in the kitchen as those are make do for now rugs. Hehe. I can see where you got that impression now. Look more at this and that is where I am headed but with my color scheme that I have shown you.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2011
9:13 AM

Post #8764689

I got it . I'm still all set with I'm doing for you ---NO Southwest okay????

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America