Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Poultry and Livestock: Last Post:

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 27, Views: 381
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Haystack
Ferndale, WA

August 11, 2011
10:17 PM

Post #8751533

I have the rest of this month to get everything ready. Karen and I will be leaving the first of Sept for a two month stay in France. We will be staying with a host couple in Nancy, France. Just four miles from where I was stationed in the early fifties. It's a trip we always wanted to take but was never sure it would take place. Our host couple will tour France and much of Europe with us.

We will return the first week of December. My membership is up at the end of December and I probably won't renew as the first of April we will be leaving for Alaska.

It is really impossible for me to say how I feel about leaving the forum and all the wonderful friends I have made here. Let me just say I will be forever greatful for the good times, loads of laughs, and lessons learned from all of you. May God always protect, and hold each one of you close...Good luck, God speed...Haystack
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

August 12, 2011
4:07 AM

Post #8751642

I wondered where you were for the last few days,getting ready for that awsome trip.So glad for you and Karen.I will sure miss you,you have helped me so many times with my chickens and I will be forever gratefull.It won`t be the same around here,I always looked forward to reading your posts.If you get a chance to get on a computor while you are traveling give us an update on what you two are doing.God bless you and Karen as you start this new journey in your life.
catmad
Pelzer, SC
(Zone 7b)

August 12, 2011
4:44 AM

Post #8751683

Please don't forget to come back, it won't be the same...

Have a wonderful time, I am wishing you the very best, always...
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

August 12, 2011
5:20 AM

Post #8751722

Uh, excuse me. I believe they have internet in France and Europe. Now, you could be nice and start a thread, off topic, about these trips. Send us some pictures and a bit on where you are and where you are going. That would be so awesome, I'd love to see it.

Of course if you don't have the time or inclination I understand, but I think we would all appreciate the fun of it and knowing how you are. You are no doubt a special man with a great heart.

Either way, you have a great trip. Wish we could all go with you.

Karen
Texas

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

August 12, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8751762

A gal from Canada that does a lot of traveling always sends pictures of the sites. Kind of nice for us that will never get there.
Bernie
porkpal
Richmond, TX

August 12, 2011
6:30 AM

Post #8751796

No-o-o-o! Don't leave us! (But do have a great trip!)
jylgaskin
Williamsburg, MI
(Zone 4b)

August 12, 2011
9:33 AM

Post #8752097

But we NEED you!
titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 12, 2011
9:58 AM

Post #8752131

Haystack -
You and your advise/wisdom will be sorely missed. You have a great time overseas! If you have a way during your trip please pop in and say hi and upload pictures too if you can. I am jealous that you are getting a chance to go see something as wonderful as another country and its culture. I'm sure it has changed tremendously since you were last there, but it will be good for you to see it anew and make new memories of it with your wife. Good luck and Godspeed!

Danielle
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 12, 2011
3:49 PM

Post #8752702

Howie I hope you both have the trip of a lifetime. I am sad to hear you are leaving Daves but happy you are able to make these trips
ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 12, 2011
6:15 PM

Post #8752841

I agree with L_F_J That's why they call it the WORLD WIDE WEB... I didn't leave when I went trucking.. Why would you have to leave? So you don't post near as often, but you could just leave us without any future of knowing where or how you are? I don't think so!! I'm sure you will find a computer every now and then to drop in and let us know you are okay..

I'm thrilled you are getting to go and have such a grand vacation. It warms my heart to know you are enjoying life so.
greykyttyn
Joplin, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 12, 2011
7:38 PM

Post #8752948

I am happy you are getting to take this trip. It will be a wonderful vacation for you both. Enjoy your time in Europe. Gives me hope that its not an impossible trip to hope for. As for the rest I know I've been kinda only lurking on here for awhile but i will miss you very very much. I"d missed talking to you of late & was just thinking about writing to tell you hello. You were a wonderful person with great advice many times over the last two years. Thank you so much for giving me hope when i had none. *sniff, sniff* will miss you very much!

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

August 13, 2011
4:19 AM

Post #8753275

Wow, Haystack, that's a wonderful trip you've got planned! Where in France will you be, and how did you hook up with your traveling partners? I really envy you the two-month timetable; we never get to spend more than seventeen-or-so days there when we go.

Do keep in touch while you're there and send pictures. How can you deprive us of your experiences???
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

August 13, 2011
5:03 PM

Post #8754499

I guess he really ment it when he said this was his last post
ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 13, 2011
9:34 PM

Post #8755053

That is sad... it is so quiet in here!
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

August 14, 2011
4:05 AM

Post #8755295

I agree he will be sadly missed
smedgekles
Conroe, TX

August 14, 2011
8:28 AM

Post #8755660

Sniff sniff, do you hear the tears? You will be missed Haystack. Enjoy your travels but come back as soon as you can, there will be a hole in this forum when you arn't here.

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

August 15, 2011
5:41 AM

Post #8757158

Talk about Withdrawal ... I just got back from North Carolina for a week without internet and here I am to find that Howie and Karen are going to be going to France!!!!
Wow! Have a great time guys but you will be sorely missed. DG definitely will not be the same without you but we will wait anxiously for your return and some good stories from you. Oh How I envy the trip to Alaska ...Oh well.. do take plenty of photos and remember you will have all the love from each and every one of us here going with you!

Oh my, looks like we are going to have to keep the homefires burning and liven up the place!! With all these great DG'ers here we need to really get on the ball and get some good laughs and new threads going! How about some funny Chicken antics photos! We will make you proud Haystack..come back to us soon!!
AnnieBBB

(Zone 5b)

August 16, 2011
8:43 AM

Post #8759415

This was hard to read. On one hand I am thrilled that Hay and his lovely wife will be off having great adventures and enjoying life. The other, well, I'll just plain old miss Hay being here.

(hint hint) There are computers in every library and coffee shop these days. When you have time please let us know how you're doing. Are you planning to enter some ball room dance contests while on vacation? I wish you both a WONDERFUL vacation. You will be so missed.
Imagesoart
Los Gatos, CA

August 20, 2011
8:22 AM

Post #8766123

God Speed to you too, Haystack...
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 20, 2011
7:27 PM

Post #8767583

I am so sad. I am just now seeing this post. I am so happy that Hay and his beautiful wife will enjoy such a great opportunity but I will miss his posts and his wisdom. I have relied on him for so much. I so hope we do not lose contact with him altogether. That would never do!!!!
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

August 20, 2011
7:36 PM

Post #8767600

Yep, poof and he was gone. Think he was feeling dissatisfied with life where he was. Maybe when he gets home he'll feel more content. Pray his home and property are safe and secure while he is away.

Maybe he'll bring back some chickens or eggs from Europe.

I really don't think he can stay off here forever. He'll be back when he's finished playing. :)
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 21, 2011
1:47 PM

Post #8769121

This forum would just not be the same without Hay.
Loon
AuGres, MI
(Zone 5b)

August 25, 2011
7:55 AM

Post #8775954

Enjoy your adventures and travel as much as you can while you're physically able. There will be lots of time down the road to play on the internet forums. Good luck to you both!
cndydavis
Brookville, PA
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2011
11:44 AM

Post #8781339

oh Haystack, sure hope you see all these wonderful posts from all your friends..we are truly going to miss you and all your helpful advice! i know you have given me so much support over the last couple years and i am really going to miss that..
i pray that you and karen have a wonderful trip and enjoy all that life and europe has to offer..
please dont forget us and try to post some pics occasionally so that we all know that you are well and enjoyng yourself..
you are loved greatly and will be truly missed
love and hugs
cindy
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 28, 2011
6:30 PM

Post #8781970

Hay, even if you don't subscribe again, the homestead forum is free so you can let us know how you are doing.
moxies_garden
Batesburg, SC
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2011
3:51 AM

Post #8798704

Somebody...quick!! Lets buy haystack another membership!! We need all the help we can get...well...I do ...lol
Have a great trip haystack..and Mrs Haystack.
MissJestr
Kingman, AZ
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2011
3:22 PM

Post #8801086

Do you think he gets snail mail??
porkpal
Richmond, TX

September 9, 2011
3:37 PM

Post #8801117

Do we know where he is?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America