Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Red-twig Dogwoods: a Shrub for All Seasons: combo of different redtwig dogwoods

Communities > Forums > Article: Red-twig Dogwoods: a Shrub for All Seasons
bookmark
Forum: Article: Red-twig Dogwoods: a Shrub for All SeasonsReplies: 0, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
laflizard56
Portland, ME

August 12, 2011
6:28 AM

Post #8751792

Todd,

I believe I have a great strip for a line of redtwigs. Does it do okay in clay soil? I can easily amend if necessary, but if I don't have to...

Also, I love the different varieties. In all my research if is often suggested that the combination of the different types would look good but I only find pictures of a single color. I think the one color looks great and makes a significant statement. I am thinking that the mixture might diminish the impact. My strip can be up to 60 feet, but the entire strip is not visible when looking at it perpendicularly. It would be split up into a 10 ft strip, a 40 ft strip, and a 10 foot strip. What do you think about splitting the different varieties in that way? Or do you think it would be better equally split? Finally, do you know of any photos of such a combination. Even if I did go with a combination, I will have a hard time deciding which ones. (Originally I was thinking green, red, orange-red.)

I would appreciate your input.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Red-twig Dogwoods: a Shrub for All Seasons Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great article Jan23 5 Aug 3, 2008 7:47 PM
pruning? mythmkr 1 Aug 4, 2008 10:26 PM
Thanks! CompostR 0 Aug 4, 2008 4:29 PM
Leaf Spot on Roses MickeyDee 1 Aug 9, 2008 6:12 PM
Re-Twig Dogwood article/questio eljay1 1 Mar 3, 2009 12:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America