Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Introduction to Puyas, terrestrial bromeliads with spectacular flowers: The Blue Puya

Communities > Forums > Article: Introduction to Puyas, terrestrial bromeliads with spectacular flowers
bookmark
Forum: Article: Introduction to Puyas, terrestrial bromeliads with spectacular flowersReplies: 1, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
puya
Broadmoor, CA

August 13, 2011
4:09 PM

Post #8754385

What do I do with the plants after the blooms have dies? Do I cut off the stalk?
What about the leaves? My plant is about 10 years old and 2 years ago I had only one flower. This year I have 8 beautiful flower stalks. The flowers have dies on 2 of the stalks and 1 is yet to fully bloom. I heard that each plant only blooms once. Is that correst

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

August 14, 2011
10:39 AM

Post #8755872

Cut off stems... if rosette dies, too, remove it, but it may split and form another rosette that may flower in the future.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Puyas, terrestrial bromeliads with spectacular flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great Pictures Kelli 6 Jun 17, 2009 4:59 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America