Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Did not know how tall Brugs could get until I saw several here in Ventura that are over 20 feet tall. Saw this pink on growing over the top of a 8 foot tall fence. There was another one but I don't think they are being taken care of because the other one is in really bad shape.

Thumbnail by marti001
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

yes... I've seen them 20 ft and taller in Panama... if that's an 8 ft tall fence... they only look to be about 12 or 14 ft there in your picture.. some 4 ft above the fence..
ths one is about 10 ft.. maybe 12... I'll measure it.. this is Georgia Peach... but I have to move it inside every winter..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Good mornin, gosh Gordon it has been a long time since I have seen you, guess because I have n ot been on here much.
That is a beautiful Brug, how do you manage to lug that in over the winter, I use to have a lot of them but not any more but would like to start again, will you have any cuttings to spare.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

doris,,, sure.. I'd be happy to send you more... did you kill all the others I sent... ...OH...not to worry... I'm sure I've killed more than you in that time..
I'm sending you some...AMA... you understand... Aganst Medical Advice...
just take it easy there..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm trying to get a picture of the 20ft tall brug, but it's in someones back yard and I can just see it from the freeway as I go by. I sure wish I had my Canon with the 1000 zoom lens. I sure do miss it. Anyway from were I can see the brug it is taller than the roof of the house. Will continue to try for a picture

Your Georgia Peach is fantastic

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Gordon no I did not kill them, I was in hospital last year and they did not think I would make it, and my daughter not being interested in plants gave them all away, now I need some back to keep me company in the winter LOL

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

OH Baby... that was close... glad to have you back with us... like I said.. I'd be happy to send you some... the other day I saw you post that your Dr. said you were to do nothing.. .. but I'd send you some anyway... you can decide if and how much.. for the work

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Gordon, you are always such a sweetheart!

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank you Gordon, bet you know how it is, Drs. say take it easy, do nothing, that will kill me faster than working with my plants, I need something to care for.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful brugs...When you cut then back for the winter please put me on your wish list..The flooding and long standing water this spring rotted most I had planted in the ground...I had a few in pots I had brought in for the winter so I am still enjoying them, but I just hate to see plants waste away like that...We went from the flood to drought conditions (the winter was actually very dry for us too)...Just crazy weather now days...

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Honey... yes.. I'll send out some to you... but I'll come check up on my lovlies when I next get by to Doe's Eat Place for dnner..
my favorte delta eats.. in case you hadn't heard.. it was voted the second best steak house n all the country... voted by Bon Appetit magazine.. .. the gourmets love it too..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Gordon, would you have a double pink that you'd have cuttings for when you cut back? I'd love one or two..........a spare, you know, just in case..........

Mine have done wonderfully this year. Another bloom flush this week; have a bajillion buds just waiting to open.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I know why they love! Simply the best steak around for miles...I love it too. I especially love that the building remains unchanged and the food is not what you would expect to come from a place with that outer decore on the shadier side of town..The first time I went there I thought we were at the wrong place,till we went inside and that wonderful aroma takes your breath..This is a picture of the brug Isabella planted up near the porch, it was spared the water the plants drowned in up front..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

GordonHawk, pleaseeeeeeee, a cutting of your beautiful "Georgia Peach"
Thanks, Faye

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Yes... Honey... Doe's is the best Steak around Greenvlle for 1270 miles to be exact... acording to the ratings... it being in the seeder part of town is OK... there's the front attentant out on the street... with his western style 44 straped to his hip.. no problem there...
dahtzu.. well... it wll be somewhat later for cuttings... we'll let you know when it is..
Texas Pink @ about 10 ft

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

It is awesome. I've never seen anything like it. Anytime I could get a cutting would be the right time! , gosh gee, please.
Faye

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Gordon are you still planning to send me cutting, I hope so. *S*

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Gordon, I have pretty much given up on Brugs, too short of a season, but I always enjoy seeing yours. Thanks for posting. Jeanette

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

This picture is about 5 years old. I have since cut her down to make room for new cultivars but this Isabella was growing way over my 8 foot wooden fence and bloomed for many years like this

Thumbnail by xeriscape8321
Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Isn't she a beauty. I will have some cuttings of isabella and a noid yellow to share a little later on

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Isabella in bloom

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

All so beautiful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.