AuthorContent

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 14, 2011
4:56 AM

Post #8755373

This thread is now FULL. We have a true bakers dozen. Yeah!

How it works: Each person on the list will send out Nine 5" x 5" blocks to each person on the list and receive Nine blocks back. When the swap is done you will have 117 blocks (nine from each person listed). Use 100% cotton fabric only please. Each block should be different unless the member states that duplicates are alright.

Deadline: October 31, 2011 ****NEW**** extended it just a tad hope no one minds.

1) SewSassee (Bev): Fall, Halloween, Christmas, Novelty (prefer novelty prints to colors)
2) BarefootT (Thunder): Pinks, Greens & Purples (the brighter the better, any in those tones) *duplicates ok*
3) Psychw2 (Pat): Halloween,Thanksgiving, Tractors, Chickens or Novelty *duplicates ok*
4) Abbisgranma (Marion): Fall,Thanksgiving *duplicates ok*
5) ElaineAnn1 (Elaine): Winter, Christmas
6) Canadastrid (Astrid): Everything
7) Quilter5bdsr (Barb): Fall (e.g. reds, oranges, golds, browns, etc)
8) Thea1962 (Thea): Everything *duplicates ok*
9) Kizmo (Kathy): Halloween, Thanksgiving, Fall
10) MorknotMindy (Gloria M): Christmas, Winter
11) BettyPauze (Betty): Halloween or Christmas
12) Housse301 (Laura): Christmas *duplicates ok*
13) Mittsy: Christmas or 30's reproductions

This message was edited Aug 26, 2011 5:16 AM

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 14, 2011
5:02 AM

Post #8755380

Fall novelty prints please.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 14, 2011
7:51 AM

Post #8755600

sign me up.

got to think about what I want ...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 14, 2011
8:18 AM

Post #8755642

Sign me up too please! If you have Halloween or Thanksgiving novelty stuff that would be my first choice.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 14, 2011
9:13 AM

Post #8755727

Put me on the list please. Duplicates are fine.

Fall/Thanksgiving for me.

Where is Elaine, Barb?

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 14, 2011
11:39 AM

Post #8755962

So happy to see some familiar faces here.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 14, 2011
1:43 PM

Post #8756165

She lives about 1.5 miles from me Marion and is a sweetheart but kinda shy until she gets to know ya... She will be here soon I'm sure...
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 14, 2011
2:09 PM

Post #8756201

I would love to be in this swap. I would love anything winter vs xmas

This message was edited Aug 14, 2011 4:12 PM

This message was edited Aug 14, 2011 4:17 PM
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 14, 2011
3:31 PM

Post #8756328

Wahoo, there she is!!! Sure didn't want you to miss this one Elaine, go glad you signed up. Welcome to the beginning of life never, ever being normal (was it ever) again. Not to mention the greatest group you will ever be involved with. Now where is Stu?
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 14, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8756447

Thanks, Marion...I appreciate the welcome. Barb's been talking about all of you so much, I just HAD to join in.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 14, 2011
5:17 PM

Post #8756494

I forgot to mention duplicates are fine. I PREFER "things" like leaves, squirrel, turkey, ghost, spider, etc. Something I can incorporate into an I-Spy quilt. PLEASE do not purchase something special, that will not be necessary.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 14, 2011
5:26 PM

Post #8756518

Elaine - did you hear that??? I spy!!! Sound familiar?????

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 15, 2011
5:38 PM

Post #8758282

Barb, your charm blocks from the other swap are sooo cute!! And I appreciate the heart fabric, it is really pretty. I made a book cover from a wonky Valentine block that Mittsy sent me by adding more on all 4 sides. I have enough Valentine prints (and enough variety) to get the first quilt top done now I think. I have a couple more projects ahead of it though! My dreams and "plans" always outstrip my time constraints.

My niece is expecting Nov 1 and I'd like to get a crib size quilt or two made and mailed off soon. They know they are having a boy. I've asked her if she likes the rag quilts and have not heard back yet. (I send some links of some so she can see them if she is unfamiliar with them). I don't know if I should make a "regular quilt" and a rag quilt. I found some Owl prints she would like. They seem to be very popular right now and I know she has a thing for Owls.

I'm afraid the rag quilts are a "fad" and will fall out of favor. Anyone else feel that way?

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 15, 2011
5:50 PM

Post #8758305

NO..big NO...I think rag quilts are here to stay !!!! they are so yummy, cozy !!!! Do you know if she will have a bassinet?? you could do a very small quilt for that, and a bigger one for the crib??? If I were to do a rag quilt for a child...I would wait till he is a little bigger, maybe a good 1 yr birthday present ??? just my opinion. even if you do only two layers they are kinda "heavy"
might not want to use for wee little one...would be very good for a little older and throw on the floor "belly time" quilt...again JMHO...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 15, 2011
5:54 PM

Post #8758311

Yes, I think the rag quilts make great belly time and to the park etc... Of course I LOVE denim quilts so... My other niece has asked for a KING size denim quilt. I asked her if she had ANY idea how heavy that would be and she & her husband assured me that is WHY they want it! They LOVE the twin size one I made for her back when she was 18.
Canadastrid
Saskatoon
Canada

August 15, 2011
6:58 PM

Post #8758425

I would love to join...everything will be fine..I have more Christmas fabric then fall though, but I'm sure I can make a nice mix
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 15, 2011
7:49 PM

Post #8758526

Yes, I did. I made a great I SPY quilt for my grandson a few years ago. He loved it. I put dinosaurs (his favorite) on the back and he told his mom he had to put it on his bed backwards with the head of the quilt at his feet so when he gets up he is looking at it the right way up. He switches it over.every once in a while so he can see the dinosaurs when he wakes up.
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 15, 2011
7:51 PM

Post #8758533

Thanks for including me in this swap, everyone!!!!!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 16, 2011
5:27 AM

Post #8759107

I've been holding back but can't any longer. Count me in too!!! I'd like anything Fall...reds, oranges, golds, browns etc...

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2011
5:42 AM

Post #8759136

Hi there Astrid!! long time no see!!!! how are you???

Elaine, sew very glad you joined us :-) got a picture of that I spy?? we REALLY like pictures!!!

Do I have to do a holiday??? can I just say anything in pinks, greens, purples????
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 16, 2011
6:28 AM

Post #8759193

"...and lead me not into temptation but deliver..." OK count me in!!! lol
YAY I am excited for my first swap!!
For me...any Holiday is fine and any colour and duplicates are great as well.

Just a few questions...
- do all the fabrics have to be prewashed? (I never prewash)
- could maybe someone post a link of what you consider "novelty" fall fabric? I found a lot of the novelty prints around here are very "flimsy", one wash and it looks so "limp" and see through...lol

Thea
Canadastrid
Saskatoon
Canada

August 16, 2011
7:36 AM

Post #8759298

Hi, I'm doing good, summers are busy so haven't been online much.
I try to keep up with reading, but sure missed a few good swaps.

Glad I'm getting a bit more time,now the baby goats are on their own..and my garden almost harvest..freezer is filling up quickly now.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 16, 2011
7:45 AM

Post #8759317

So happy to see both of you back here. You have been missed.
A novelty print is one with a theme to it. It can be of certain friuts, veggies , animals, birds, fish, holidays, cartoon characters etc. The charm packs sent to Melody in the last swap are novelty ones. It could also be an unusal design or some stripes. If someone were asking me for winter novelty, I'd look for snow scenes, snowmen, Skis, sleds etc. Hope you get my meaning...
Happy to see you Astrid. Are you using the placemats at all? Duh, not until winter right???? They were snowmen!!!
See you soon Thea!!!! 5 and counting...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 16, 2011
8:37 AM

Post #8759401

Barb, I didn't think you could resist! LOL
Welcome Thea, this will be a "ton" of fun .
Astrid, you made me exhausted just reading about your summer. Love the freezer filling up.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2011
9:55 AM

Post #8759507

So nice for me to see new faces, since I am new, hee hee. Looks like this swap idea of mine was a hit, I think I like it because all I need to do is cut, ha. I feel like my dad, so many projects, half started, unfinished, etc... I need to get them done.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2011
10:00 AM

Post #8759513

Hey Thunder, no pastels right? I labeled you as rainbow, lol.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 16, 2011
7:16 PM

Post #8760341

Ya, you know Thunder, the brighter the better. If it doesn't cause retina burning it probably isn't bright enough for her!

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 16, 2011
9:02 PM

Post #8760575

ok, I'm in if you need another person...Halloween or Thanksgiving/Fall prints

(Lady M, what would I do without you???? LOL)

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2011
9:04 PM

Post #8760580

yes please..or is that no thank you ?? bright is good no pastels
TOT's good prints good duplicates are fine.
gonna go into something for my grand daughter she likes pink and purple and butterflies !!! I like green, and figure green will go good with the pinks and purples... oh yea she likes monkeys too!!!

and Marion, she likes "your" pirate !!!! LOL

this is at her birthday party, calling her Daddy on skype, so he could watch her blow out her candles!! see the outfit she has on!! and look at the walls!!!

Thumbnail by barefootT
Click the image for an enlarged view.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 17, 2011
4:16 AM

Post #8760792

Kizmo - I'm sorry but I'm fairly new too what is your name??. And Thunder, nice pics of my great niece. Allison is a pirate fan too.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 17, 2011
5:45 AM

Post #8760898

SS, I've been called lots of things, but Kathy will work LOL
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 17, 2011
6:23 PM

Post #8762025

Thunder, I'll be glad to send pics of that I SPY if I can find it...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 17, 2011
7:25 PM

Post #8762110

Babysat my granddaughter all day so just getting online.

Glad to see you here Kathy!!!

Thunder, that is a young lady after me own heart! Love the posters on the wall. Nothing like starting to appreciate good "eye candy" at a young age! LOL Okay, I maybe old but I ain't dead...my story and I continue to stick with it.

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

August 17, 2011
7:27 PM

Post #8762115

Well, I guess you can count me in also. Christmas/winter prints would be welcome.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 18, 2011
3:58 AM

Post #8762433

morknotmindy, I'm sorry I am still fairly new, what is your name please? Thanks. Bev

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 18, 2011
4:05 AM

Post #8762441

Just two more people to go. This is going great.
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 18, 2011
2:03 PM

Post #8763401

Barb...could I bring yours and Elaine's Charms with me when we meet on sunday (3 more daysssssssss...YAY)?

Also wanted to ask the people that make the i-spy quilts (or anyone else), if they would like some squares of tractors,chicken and cows (can you tell I am living in farm country...as that is the extend of novelty fabrics...lol)...also have two different types of butterfly fabrics. I have to go to the city to see if they have halloween/fall novelty fabrics there and then I am all set for my first swap!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 18, 2011
5:21 PM

Post #8763651

Dropping in with a quick high..best you count me in. Lol

Thea left a trail for me to find!
Halloween or Christmas for me please...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 18, 2011
5:21 PM

Post #8763652

Thea, of course you can have me deliver your squares. And if it is cheaper for you, just get them ALL into little plastic baggies with the names. I'll mail from here in the states and tell you how much it was. According to Betty, it is much cheaper that way and I'd be more than happy to do it. Don't seal anything and I'll put mine in with yours!!! We can split the postage...Only two more nights and we hit the road. We packed all the clothes tonight and now we are chillin"...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 18, 2011
5:46 PM

Post #8763671

Ohhhhhhh tractors and chickens... OHHhhh YES!!! ALL novelty is good for me!
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 18, 2011
7:45 PM

Post #8763874

Barb and THea, have a great time together. Barb's been talking about this for a while...
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 18, 2011
8:01 PM

Post #8763907

Hey, everyone, I found the picture of the I SPY quilt I made my grandson! WHat do you think????

Thumbnail by ElaineAnn1

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 18, 2011
9:02 PM

Post #8763977

I think...I love it :-)

Thea, I would love chickens...if it is only chickens...not with cows...got a sister who loves chickens, but not cows..!!??!! and butterflies would be AWESOME, My GD loves them :)

No rainbow...just pinks, greens, purples, please...butttttt anything in these colors is good, prints, TOT, flowers...butterflies...brighter colors are better...not pastels...thank you...and duplicates ok

morknotmindy is Gloria M. cause there is another Gloria

Marion, I just knew you would like that photo ♥♥♥ "I may be married, and very happily at that !! but dang I can still look"...and that is my story...and I am stickin to it!!!!
Canadastrid
Saskatoon
Canada

August 18, 2011
10:47 PM

Post #8764074

ElaineAnn1 I LOVE your quilt...first time I see one in such a pattern...Beautiful
Barefoot if your sister would met my cow...she would change her mind.
Here she is.

Thumbnail by Canadastrid

Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2011
4:42 AM

Post #8764234

Elaine your I-Spy quilt is beautiful and I am sure your grandson will treasure it for years to come.

Astrid I loveeee your cow and what a great hat on her!!! Is she a Jersey?

Barb I will try and finish Elaine, Betty and your charms. Not sure if I have time to finish them all, but thanks for the offer. 2 more days!!!

Thunder...the chickens are by themselves...no cows intermingled with them...lol...both butterfly fabrics I think will fit in with your colours.

Pat...will include the novelties with your charms

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 19, 2011
5:22 AM

Post #8764269

Updated all the information. BettyPauze, are you Betty? I am still learning everyone's names, sorry. Thunder thanks for the update on the name for MorknotMindy.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2011
6:00 AM

Post #8764383

Astrid I just love your cow. And her name is?????

And it's nearly impossible now to believe that "I Spy" quilt was one of Elaine's first attempts at quiltiing. She really worked so hard on it.
You must ask her to show you the painting in her kitchen and how she made a table quilt to match!!!! Wonderful job!!! We've only been friends for a few years now but she truly is a dear one...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 19, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8764538

So laughing Thunder. I agree, being happily married doesn't mean you can't have "eye candy"...Ross and I both did. We both said when we were to old to look and enjoy then life would be over!

Astrid, I love the picture of your cow! Like Barb asked...her name? Now your cow and Charley the mule would make some picture with the hats.

Elaine, very nice job on the quilt.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 19, 2011
7:53 AM

Post #8764571

I had a Girl Scout leader who used to say "I'm married, I"m not DEAD!" She was such a dear woman who sacrificed to give us a leader and scout troop who did things. AWESOME woman!

Thanks for the offer of the novelty stuff Thea! I'm looking forward to them.

WHAT a great way to put the I-spy together! Much better than what I've thinking...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 19, 2011
7:55 AM

Post #8764575

Loved photo of the quilt!!!

Yes, my name is Betty...

Thea, now if we can get Barb and Norm to go back same route once they spend the week at my house then I'd send your with them...ooohhh no can do, Debbie would be so disappointed..

Will get yours done once holidays are over and ship..will be making another trip to USA shortly so will mail all others from your side of the border!

This message was edited Aug 19, 2011 9:56 AM

This message was edited Aug 19, 2011 9:57 AM

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 19, 2011
9:15 AM

Post #8764692

Astrid, I love your cow!! what is her name??
there were three of us sisters for some time, and the oldest has always loved birds, now as an adult she has many bird houses, and feeders in her yard..stained glass birds in her windows. and after visiting me, and meeting one of my parrots...she went home and bought one!! so now she also has a bird in her dining room :)

the next, has always loved chickens, now as an adult she has chickens all over her kitchen, rugs, plates, figurines...etc, and she raises them ! even hatches her own eggs!!! Has one of the rooms in her house set up with an incubator, and shelves with little cubbies in them for the wee babies!!!

I have always loved cows!! at one time my kitchen was covered in cows, rugs, curtains, table cloth many figurines!!! I still try to find a cow calendar every year. I have a few very nice cow pictures hanging, and do have some figurines above my cabinets !! my favorite cow is in my sewing room...it is a "Boyd bear" cow, standing on hind legs, wearing "farmers jeans" my three sons bought it for me for Christmas one year, when the oldest son was working at a gift shop for the Christmas season!!! I am sure he bought it, then INSISTED the others give him some monies!!! or else he made them "work it off" LOL ( I love birds too, I have two parrots, and love to see the birds outside)

I have one very special cow, one very special teddy bear (sailor), and one very special Raggedy Andy (((( hugs Barb)))) in my sewing room to give me love and keep me company...when I am in there!!!! almost forgot..even have a cow pin cushion!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8764698

Isn't it amazing, the things we keep company with??? I have a shelf over my computer with little "doodads" that my friends here have sent. Each and every one is so special. Glad to hear Andy keeps you smilin" Thunder...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 19, 2011
9:33 AM

Post #8764726

Oh I am glad to see those post! I have favorite things like that..mostly ladybugs and cats. Funny just looking at them brings friends and family closer.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 19, 2011
4:32 PM

Post #8765345

My husband collects Star Wars and Other Sci-Fi things. I collect Doctor Who, Charmed, Tokidoki and lots of art work by Jasmine Becket-Griffith. She has a site: http://www.strangeling.com/ She lives local and so we see her every year at one of our conventions that we go to. We also have lots and lots of signatures from movie stars. So, I have a ton of inspiring things around me and my sewing area. One of my favorite art work is three fairies sewing, it's called The Three Fates and you can view it here: http://www.strangeling.com/thethreefates.html it is awesome especially in my sewing room of course, hee hee. I meant to ask her when I saw her if she made that just for me, since last year I was bugging her to do some crafty things. Below is a picture of me and Jasmine. She is the one with the dark hair.

Thumbnail by SewSassee

Canadastrid
Saskatoon
Canada

August 20, 2011
11:50 PM

Post #8767962

Thank you for liking my cow..I love her, she is so sweet and follows me like a puppy, halterbroke, I can even walk her like a doggy hahaha.

Yes she is a Jersey and her name is Nelly. (after my mom, since I don't have daughters LOL yes she knows LOL)

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 21, 2011
8:00 AM

Post #8768392

Hi Astrid! Glad to see you back! My Gpa had a Jersey Guernsey mix named Susie. She would let us ride her from the barn gate to the stall, because she knew we'd slip her some extra corn and feed... She gave so much milk, Gpa had to give it to the neighbors or his work friends. Gma let us crank the butter churn to make butter, was very rich.

Great pic, Bev!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 21, 2011
9:09 AM

Post #8768489

Raining here so makes for a quiet day! Anxiously waiting Thea's post to see how Barb/Norm' boat ride went..she was meeting them at 9am..so hope they have sunshine.

She mentioned yesterday she had been on the hunt for her charms and that Barb would receive them today..know Barb will be thrilled!

Anxiously waiting for tomorrow to come as it will be my turn..barb and Norm will be staying with me for the week..besides gabbing about quilting I've loads of craft kits sitting waiting so I can teach her how to do them..poor Norm, he might have to do a few himself!! That's what you get when when you hang out with crafters...lol
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 22, 2011
5:13 PM

Post #8771746

Glad you guys liked my I SPY quilt. I have been trying to post a message for about a week now and it keeps getting bumped out...GEESH

I am also trying to send you the pic of the quilted table cloth I made based on a watercolor painting my frfiend in Ohio made for me.

Thumbnail by ElaineAnn1

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 22, 2011
6:00 PM

Post #8771824

Love the table cloth and the painting Elaine. Just be very careful if I ever get to visit...it might disappear! LOL

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

August 22, 2011
7:13 PM

Post #8771971

Well aren't you just so ever clever.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 22, 2011
7:15 PM

Post #8771977

Elaine, what a great idea, turned out very nice!
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2011
6:51 AM

Post #8772602

Elaine that table clothes is beautiful and it is the exact match to the painting!!! What a treasure!!
I gave Barb your charms and she will hand deliever them to you Elaine!! Hope you like them.

Well I just had the most wonderful visit on Sunday with Barb and Norm!!! The time was just way too short because I am sure we could have talked for days on end without stopping or getting bored!!! What a sweet and wonderful couple those to are.

This is Barb and I at Tim Hortons enjoying a good cup of coffee.

She is now enjoying her stay at Bettys and I miss them!!

Thumbnail by Thea1962

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 23, 2011
7:26 AM

Post #8772655

Oh my a cup of Tim Horton coffee but Thea, where is the butter tart? Great picture!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2011
4:24 PM

Post #8773505

Not until I got to Betty's and I loved every bite of it. Oh my what a delight!!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2011
4:25 PM

Post #8773509

The blocks from Thea are so pretty. It was plain to see she really thought about fall colors for me. I just love them and will post a picture when I get home...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 23, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8773511

barb and Norm ate them all...Lorry can't take Norm anywhere that he doesn't find a tim hortons..you've created a monster..lol

Omg I absolutely love both the watercolor and the matching quilt..you've mastered the art of quilting Elaine!!

Heirloom pieces for sure!
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 24, 2011
5:40 PM

Post #8775223

Thanks everyone...I LOVE a challenge so I decided after only 1 or 2 projects to attempt this.

Thea, looks like you and Barb are having a great time.

Barb come back to me soon, I miss you!!!!!!

Can't wait to see my charms!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 24, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8775318

I will be needed some addresses: Thea and Elaine. Could you please dmail me.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 24, 2011
7:47 PM

Post #8775448

Yes, I will too need addresses, thanks.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 24, 2011
7:48 PM

Post #8775452

Ditto, addresses please!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 24, 2011
9:22 PM

Post #8775566

Sew ...Elaine...your friend painted the picture??!! and you made the quilt!!! :-) that is TOTALLY AWESOME :-) love them both...

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2011
3:07 AM

Post #8775677

On a totally different subject, before I forget. Are there any people in our exchange that are like Elen where they mail the stuff to the leader of the thread and the leader mails it out, etc? And does any one know of one other person who might want to join in our group?
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 25, 2011
3:38 AM

Post #8775688

Ok sign me up. I want Chritmas and duplicates will be fine.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2011
5:06 AM

Post #8775740

Wonderful Laura!!! An even dozen now or are we going for a Baker's dozen? LOL

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2011
5:56 AM

Post #8775793

Hurray! Thanks Laura! =)

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 25, 2011
7:39 AM

Post #8775907

Bev, in answer to your question, Elen because she lives in France is the only one. If she had other members from other countries we likely would do the same but she's our only one for now.

Every so often some our Canada members cross the border or send their stuff with a friend because of the difference in cost of postage but the Hostess rarely gets involved it that. I hope that answered your questions.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

August 25, 2011
8:03 AM

Post #8775968

I'd like to join but only if you might give me an extra week to get my squares mailed out as I can't purchase more fabric when I have a perfectly good stash awaiting me in Fl. In the meantime I will cut those I can until iIcan get to my novelty and Halloween fabrics. No problem if you don't want to extend the time.

Thinking of you, Barb, got 6 loaves of homemade bread rising about to go in the oven. I'm sure the tomato sammies made on the onion dill bread are going to be great. Of course we'd be looking at the lake while eating them.
Mittsy
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2011
8:27 AM

Post #8776020

Oh Mittsy, does you bread ever sound good---especially tomato sammies on the onion dill bread! Coming as fast as my short, fat legs will carry me. LOL
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 25, 2011
9:59 AM

Post #8776190

Oh Mittsy that bread just sounds wonderful!!! Eat a slice or two...heck make it three for me!!! Your place sounds wonderful...overlooking the lake!!!
I love to bake bread, but right now it is way to humid and hot here, I don`t think our AC could keep up with the heat...lol Would you mind sharing the recipe?
What kind of charms would you like Mittsy?

LOL Marion...oh you are so funny...count me in on that race too...another set of short and fat legs running to Mittsy's place.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2011
10:40 AM

Post #8776241

Awesome a bakers dozen, yeah ... I will update the list in just a second. And Mittsy, no worries I don't think any one here will mind if you are off a week, glad you can join us. =)
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2011
10:40 AM

Post #8776242

...shall we see who gets there first Thea?

Not related to quilting but as I was having my lunch today, I noticed a huge mass in the top of one of the many trees in my backyard. It turned out to be the biggest most colorful hawk, I think, sitting in the tree. The thing that makes me unsure is the coloring...a really pretty golden breast and head. It might also be a falcon as we do have some in the area. He was larger than I have ever seen. Something in the lake caught his attention and the last I saw he was swooping down over the water.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2011
10:41 AM

Post #8776244

Nope not here...glad to have Mittsy on board.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2011
10:41 AM

Post #8776246

Oh hey Mittsy, what is your theme so I can put it on the list.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2011
10:47 AM

Post #8776251

I extended the deadline to October 31, hope no one minds.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

August 25, 2011
10:50 AM

Post #8776256

Here's my recipe for Onion Dill Bread:
This is the food processor method. Lightly spray the food processor work bowl and blade with cooking spray, it will help with cleanup. Dump in 3 cups all purpose flour, 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk, 3 Tablespoons butter, 2 Tablespoons sugar, one small chopped onion and 2 teaspoons dill weed. Add one and a half teaspoons of sea salt and one package yeast. Heat one and a quarter cups of water to lukewarm, test on your wrist like you do for a baby bottle.

This is what I do: Spray, then add 6-8 tops of dill (I freeze them in baggies and take out as needed) drop in a quartered small onion. Process until it's all finely chopped then add everthing but water and process by turning on and off until all is mixed up. This is the crucial part... slowly add the water in a stream stopping when the dough forms a ball. You will not need all of the warm 1 1/4 cups, but it varies from time to time. I just go slowly adding a cople of teaspoons at a time until it balls up. After it balls up nicely, process by turning on and off to give it a nice knead. A couple of minutes, don't, I repeat don't, keep the motor running, if you do you will get the dough too hot and kill the yeast, ask me how I know this, my bread didn't rise.

For those of you who buy your yeast in bulk, 2 and 1/4 teaspoons is the equivalent of a packet. Put it in a greased bowl and cover with a clean dishtowel. Let rise one hour, punch down and knead into loaf, place in a greased bread tin and let rise til doubled in bulk. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Makes one loaf.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

August 25, 2011
10:51 AM

Post #8776258

one loaf

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

August 25, 2011
10:57 AM

Post #8776271

I made two loaves, so there's plenty to share! It is yummy.

I'd like my charm squares to be Christmas or 30's reprduction. Thanks for the extension.

Thumbnail by mittsy

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2011
11:25 AM

Post #8776298

Mittsy, it was bad enough thinking about the bread but now seeing it. Oh my it does look good. I will have to try the recipe...I used to do one similar but it hadcottage cheese in the mix. I haven't done any since my hubby passed but I might just have to get the recipe out and try it again. If you were closed I would be at your back door in a flash!!! LOL

Glad you are in this swap.

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2011
12:34 PM

Post #8776401

My stomach is so growling at the sight of that bread!!!! Yum! Yum! BTW, are we sending nine 5" squares so everyone on the list?

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2011
2:59 PM

Post #8776663

great to have you join us Mittsy, Yes Gloria...nine 5x5'' squares..
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

August 25, 2011
4:12 PM

Post #8776769

Now I'm into baking bread again I'd like to try a beer bread , anyone have a good recipe? Was thinking of adding some cheddar cheese and roasted garlic. I have an awesome recipe for taco soup and nice fresh bread is so good with it. Can you tell our weather has cooled off and I'm into the oven stuff again?

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

August 25, 2011
4:48 PM

Post #8776850

Mittsy, beer bread is uber easy. If no one else posts a recipe, I will be able to get to mine in a couple days and will post then.
I love moving...I love moving...I love moving NOT!

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 26, 2011
3:21 AM

Post #8777473

I love the bread recipe, mainly because the picture says a thousand words...looks yummy! Thanks so much for sharing.

To clarify (and yes, I updated it clearer on the top thread) we are sending nine 5 x 5 blocks to each person on the list for a total of 117 blocks sent and received. (we are a bakers dozen). Every block should be different unless the person stated duplicates are ok. I hope this clears up any miscommunication. I guess when I typed it out before it sounded better in my head than it did on keypad, lol.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 26, 2011
3:23 AM

Post #8777475

Finally back in to a routine, now that the kids have been in school a week today, yeah! Finished my place mats for my kitchen table. Was trying out that technique my sister-n-law, Thunder was telling me about. I think I have fallen in love with sew as you go, lol. What do you all think of my place mats?

Thumbnail by SewSassee

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 26, 2011
3:25 AM

Post #8777476

I also managed to design and make two towel toppers and completed those yesterday too. Wow, I was on a roll. Yeah.

Thumbnail by SewSassee

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 26, 2011
3:27 AM

Post #8777479

Great job Bev. Those look great and, yes, Thunder was right when she told you about that technique. It's a great way to use up small strips and you have great gifts all ready to be given...
I love the towels!!!!!

This message was edited Aug 26, 2011 6:28 AM

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 26, 2011
5:01 AM

Post #8777554

Thanks Barb. It was an experiment. I am perfecting the pattern. You know how that goes, tweak here, tweak there, and then write the darn thing down so I don't forget what I tweaked, lol... that's the part I usually forget, ha ha. Then when I pick it up years later, I think, hmmm, now what did I do the last time I made this cause something isn't quite right, ha
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 26, 2011
5:10 AM

Post #8777571

Beautiful placemats and towels Bev!! Have to check out "sew as you go"...wish I had a sister in-law close by to teach me...lol
Wish all of you quilters would live closer...could you imagine all the trouble we could get into!!! lol
Forget about jobs and housework...just having fun sewing and fabric shoping!!! *sigh* one can only dream...lol
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 26, 2011
5:45 AM

Post #8777626

Very nice Bev. Kids been in school a week? My daughter is a teacher and is finishing up their 4th week...but they do get out the middle of May.
I need to do something similar with my scraps..starting to accumulate again.

Thea, just think of all the fun...we could just have pot lucks for dinner so as not to interfere with out sewing. Hummm has anyone won the lottery yet so we can buy a site somewhere to turn into the Sew Nice Quilter's Home?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 26, 2011
7:26 AM

Post #8777783

have some charms to post, will try to do so tonight..Barb and norm just left, sure hated to see them leave!! Visit was all I had hoped it would be..

Have some cleaning to do and hopefully spend a bit od the weekend sewing and doing my charm packages for shipping..

Took out my accuquilt and have a 5" dye so I'm off and running

Thea, I'm doing a quilt as you go quilt, not as close as some but doors always open for you to visit and we can play...
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

August 26, 2011
8:12 AM

Post #8777860

Sure wish Barb and Norm were going back by the same route they took to get to your place Betty. Visit was just too short. I just put a pan of pigs in a blanket in the oven. Jack doesn't like them so no one to tell me how yummy they are.
Thea, our doors are always open with the welcome mat out to any and all sewers, quilters and gardeners. I have met so many wonderful members of Daves Garden. Face to face is an extra bonus like a surprise gift.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 26, 2011
8:31 AM

Post #8777904

Mittsy, how are you located in relation to the path of Irene? Please be careful and stay safe!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 26, 2011
10:54 AM

Post #8778138

Mittsy, sure want to thank you and your hubby for the lovely gifts..just finishing cleaning around here, lots of sawdust, imagine Barb was here and no sewing materials came out!! We focused on much more though...even Norm made a beautiful floormat..think he may have been surprised by his own talent,

Week went far too quickly even though our days started around 5:30am...lol

Thea, just loved the charms you sent, am now taking all the boxes out to look at all my presses, gosh it was like. Bristles mornimg, so many gifts that many of you sent me that I was awestruck. Just like a child at Christmas..I'd open one gift box/bag only to be given another..then Barb had 2 boxes as she had my name for mug and also pj swap then brought a box of christmas fabrics from Laura and a box from her as well..just too much too absorb...no sooner did I think I was finished did the most beautiful handbag come out filled with goodies..

I'm sure Thea Norm would have enjoyed your pigs in a blanket for sure and lots of oooh and ahhh's..everything I fed him had great reviews so I know he fins just a tad!! Lol. Surprised myself, 8 meals and didn't burn a one..

Off to find my camera so I can post my charms

Looking from

This message was edited Aug 27, 2011 9:03 AM
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

August 26, 2011
1:14 PM

Post #8778317

Our place in Florida is in a condo in Cocoa Beach.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 26, 2011
6:42 PM

Post #8778808

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my stuff. My step daughters have been in school about a month now, they live over on the beach, Brevard County. But, our kids at home just started this week, Orange County. Makes vacationing a bit of a pain since they are hardly ever off at the same times, but we manage to work around it.

Accuquilt... tell me more. Is it easy to use? Do a lot of you use it? I have access to one, a friend has it, for rent, she owns a sewing shop, but I haven't tried it and wondered if maybe I should attempt it one day. Also, on another curious note... how many of you use the long arm machine to do the quilting on your tops? I have access to one of those too, but again, it's through my friend. She charges me, but not an huge amount, but there is still a charge. Wanted feed back on these. Thanks.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

August 27, 2011
2:30 AM

Post #8779190

Pat, do you have a list of all the participants with addresses? If you do could you dmail it to me? Thanks.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 27, 2011
3:44 AM

Post #8779216

Pigs in the blanket - I LOVE them!!!! Up in west PA any function (wedding, holiday party, etc) had them as the main dish. I make a bunch every couple years & freeze them. DH won't touch one. My cousin in FL loves them also - another reason to move down there.
I don't eat red meat so mine are made w/ground turkey.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 27, 2011
7:32 AM

Post #8779437

Mittsy, I'll be gone shortly but I'll get you a list late today or tomorrow.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 27, 2011
12:08 PM

Post #8779798

What beautiful charms and goodies I got from Thea...can't wait to use them up...Thea thanks...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 27, 2011
4:35 PM

Post #8780120

THea, thanks thanks thanks...I went to Bar;s this afternoon and hear d all about her trip. She gave me my square. THey are gorgeous...and I LOVE the little something extra you added...As soon as I can get a picture of it I will include...
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 27, 2011
4:40 PM

Post #8780125

Betty, B arb showed me the painted things you showed her how to do. Beautiful...those sleds blew me away...I have been painting for about 30 years and that is such a great idea...Now Barb wants to learn to paint...how cool for me. I have been wanting a painting buddy for a long time...thank you

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 27, 2011
5:09 PM

Post #8780159

You got one now Elaine. I'm more than fascinated!!!! And Betty gave me some brushes too!! Have brushes - will be over to your house!!
We can sew here and paint there!!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 27, 2011
7:05 PM

Post #8780329

Elaine, barb took to painting/crafting like a pro..what did you think of Norm's floormat..I'm just as proud of his accomplishment as he is..lol

Didn't have a lot of time to get into painting but tried to show her what pretties could be made with little to no effort..bet she gets you 'squishing'.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2011
4:41 AM

Post #8780670

You bet I will. We are already planning on copying the sweatshirt/jacket!!!! Hopefully by next week. Need to find plain sweatshirts. Here, it seems every one has something printed on it...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2011
5:25 AM

Post #8780721

The worst of the hurricane is now north of us. The rain has stopped but still some 40MPH wind gusts. So far, everything in my neighborhood seems to be intact. News coverage is showing huge trees split or torn from the ground.
Hope Irene dies down before going much further as she is.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 28, 2011
5:28 AM

Post #8780724

Thanks for posting, you know that we sit watching her travels and hoping everyone of our DG friends are out of harms way...hoping same, that she moves over intro the ocean!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2011
5:56 AM

Post #8780762

Afraid she is headed toward Montreal now Betty. I imagine Mittsy and Debbie and Thea will be getting quite a bit of rain from this storm. It is huge!!!!
We expect to be very close to the eye here and it should be going over sometime this afternoon... I'll post as long as we have power. So far, so good. Pounding rain and continuous wind at about 30mph.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 28, 2011
6:11 AM

Post #8780778

Will be watching Barb! Actually the wind is up here as well, not enough to think of putting things away but windy..miss you guys...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2011
7:09 AM

Post #8780852

It's 10am now and the storm culverts along the side of the road are really filling up. I'm thinking there will be some serious flooding in NH from this.
We are good here - the culvert diverts the water away from the house. Doing laundry. Be back later...
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 28, 2011
8:35 AM

Post #8780997

Betty. I loved Norm's project.. it's funny...I've had some floor cloth here for years and " someday" I'll paint one..you know how that is...

Thanks for everybody's addresses so far...I'm still missing many of you and I'm sure you all need mine..

Barb...guess what???? I went ahead and subscribed to DG last night after I left your house... you talked me into it.

So I can do everything YOU can...HA! as soon as I figure out HOW?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2011
8:56 AM

Post #8781035

That's wonderful Elaine - and AFTER I typed out evertyone's address for you!!!!! Figures -------
How are you and Larry doing over there? Everything okay????

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 28, 2011
9:14 AM

Post #8781072

Hey Barb, if you still have that list of addresses, I'll take it! Dmail it to me! It will save me a lot of work. I'm going to address all the envelopes for THIS swap, then compare it to the OTHER swap and combine when possible. I have all of MY charm blocks mailed out from the last one but Elen's will be coming sometime soon.

You might better luck getter PLAIN sweatshirts and Tshirt from places like Michaels or JoAnn's where they expect YOU to decorate them. I know our's used to carry them, don't know if they still do or not.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 28, 2011
9:40 AM

Post #8781131

Barb, glad to see you and Elaine posting...means you are fortunate enough to have power. Keep us update.

Jean, glad all is well in your area. I have a niece who lives in Bridgeport, CT and we haven't heard from them. This concerns me a little but only because I am an excessive, compulsive worrier! My children's take...NOT mine. LOL

Very good Elaine for joining.

Greetings Pat. I am trying to consolidate some of my items also...not sure how much I will get done as I have had to rearrange my utility area to make room for a freezer.
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 28, 2011
10:20 AM

Post #8781188

So far we are doing fine...kind of a sleepy day... I am sewing sewing sewing ...of course.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 28, 2011
10:34 AM

Post #8781208

Sewsassee, sorry I got busy and did not reply to your question about the accu-quilt...love it! With each die you are given possible quilt projects with dyes that can be used..I especially like the rag quilt block, makes doing rag quilts easy as one-two-three!

I probably have about 10 dyes and a few new ones on my list for ordering. Ie maple leaf and scrolls. With each dye you have to have appropriate plastic sheeting so the cutters don't damage the rollers.. I'm on my 2nd one..managed to get 3 quilts out of 1st one..cost approximately $10.00 for the plastic sheeting but sure beats sitting doing tagging...besides, its cuts edging evenly in 1/4" slits...

Cuts are all exact...really they have focused on manufacturing dyes that are most used in quilting patterns...last purchase was 2" strip dye..thinking of getting 3"..

Showed Barb how they worked...

You do have a bit of loss but it does make cutting easy and worth the loss.

Elaine, congratulations on joining..you'll love it..barb told me what a great painter you are..look forward to seeing some of your work

Guess I should get Bach to sewing 4 more blocks that I'm behind in..thanks to Laura and barb who have supplied me with Christmas fabric I've no excuse for being late..guess it will not be until after Halloween before they set out Christmas fabric.

This message was edited Aug 28, 2011 12:55 PM

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 28, 2011
10:46 AM

Post #8781236

REALLY? Barb, there is NO shortage of Christmas fabric here!! In my area you can find some Christmas fabric year around. I bought some of that beautiful blue tree fabric that Mystery put in her Blue Winter blocks.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 28, 2011
10:57 AM

Post #8781257

Not here in Canada, nor upper states ie buffalo as I hit every Joann's and not one had Christmas fabric...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 28, 2011
11:30 AM

Post #8781316

Isn't it funny that there is such a HUGE difference in availability?? On the negative side, we never get the truly deeply discounted prices for Christmas fabric that some areas get.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 28, 2011
11:36 AM

Post #8781327

And we see the same prints year after year. Unless you go to real quilt shop...

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2011
12:06 PM

Post #8781378

Thanks for information on accuquilt. I think I may give it a whirl.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 28, 2011
12:20 PM

Post #8781399

Many quilt shops will give you a chance to try all 3 . Baby, the go and the studio. I have the 'go'

Wanted to bring Barb to a quilt shop here but lordy, yardage here is more towards the $14-18 meter (39 inches)! So doubt it would have been a treat!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 28, 2011
2:11 PM

Post #8781570

Knew I had posted on charm swap..think some are on the other thread..lol

Will get my charms cut and out within the next few days...
Canadastrid
Saskatoon
Canada

August 28, 2011
9:20 PM

Post #8782248

Since I'm a "free" bird, My address will not be in the list.
I have no problem posting it here, since it is a mailbox, but don't know what others think about it.
For all others please D mail me with your address.

PO box 152.
Wakaw, SK
S0K 4P0, Canada.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 29, 2011
6:00 AM

Post #8782628

Thanks Astrid

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 29, 2011
7:42 AM

Post #8782826

I panicked a little when you said you were posting your address but like you said, it's a PO Box.

This message was edited Aug 29, 2011 3:43 PM
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

August 29, 2011
4:21 PM

Post #8783689

trying to send messages to you guys

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
7:19 PM

Post #8784040

Does anyone have everyones addresses? I am lacking quite a few. I have all the blocks cut but need to now where to send them. When I started cutting I wondered what I'd got myself into but then I got to re-visit so many of my fabrics! It was fun and I cut a LOT of 5" squares. Another quilt on my list! LOL

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 29, 2011
8:30 PM

Post #8784213

I think almost every one in this swap is a subscriber, and is listed in the address exchange..other than Astrid..and she posted hers...
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 30, 2011
6:13 AM

Post #8784706

Betty,Elaine and Barb I am glad you enjoyed your charms!!

Betty and Mittsy never know one of these days I might take you up on the "visiting" offer!!! But that offer goes both ways!! Would love to have people visit me as well!!!

As for Astrid...uhmmm I don`t have your family name...unless we can mail it just to "astrid". If anyone has the full name could you please d-mail it to me.

I am trying to get the rest of the charms mailed this week (if my arthritis in my hands is co-operating...lol).

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 30, 2011
7:05 AM

Post #8784774

More likely with me always looking for something to do you just might find me at your door...be careful what you ask for...lol

Thea you are listed as Ottawa 6 1/2 hr. drive but somehow I thought you lived closer..can't find you in the address exchange..

This message was edited Aug 30, 2011 9:17 AM

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 31, 2011
8:33 PM

Post #8787887

Gloria, I had your package all ready to mail and missed the mail courier in my office! Darn it... I'll try and get it to the PO on my lunch tommow.
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2011
8:46 AM

Post #8788483

Betty come on over any time you like!! I live in a tiny town south/east of Ottawa called Morewood.
Google map shows me 6 hours and 40 minutes to your place.
I will d-mail you my address
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 1, 2011
6:39 PM

Post #8789368

HEy guys, is the deadline Oct 31st or did I miss the info??? I am planning on getting my packs ready soon...Been pretty busy lately...Don't want to default...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 1, 2011
8:33 PM

Post #8789565

I sent your Charms out today Gloria... I bought the fabric I needed to complete these charms. I will be trying to mail out THESE with Elen's blocks from the "other charm swap". I have not received those yet.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 1, 2011
11:25 PM

Post #8789693

A few charms I cut with care because of the pattern but got to say the accuquilt 5" die works perfectly with barely any waste..now to package them up and mail...good weekend project
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 2, 2011
2:25 AM

Post #8789735

My sister Patty gave me some scraps of Christmas fabric and I have been cutting it up. I have some new snowflake designs I will be trying out on the embroidery machine, would anyone want one? Pat, I do have a tractor design (John Deere) would that work for you? I know when I am back in FL I also have black and white chickens fabric and a lot of Halloween and fall and novelty left overs from the I spy.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

September 2, 2011
3:46 AM

Post #8789767

Mittsy I would llike to have snowflake embroidery as my swap block.
I have not even looked for the fabric for this swap yet.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 2, 2011
5:25 AM

Post #8789836

Me either Laura. Must get busy after the long weekend. For those of you wanting to do a flannel rag quilt, Joann's is having 50% off flannel this weekend!!!

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 2, 2011
8:29 AM

Post #8790098

the deadline is October 31st. It was originally the 1st but then I was asked by a few to extend it and seeing as my life was so crazy too, I boosted it a few weeks, I hope no one minds. So, October 31st my dear. I won't be on here for about a week or so, have some things that need to get done, so I hope every one has an awesome labor day. TTY when I get back online, ugh, if I don't put the computer away I will get nothing done, lol.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 2, 2011
5:03 PM

Post #8790632

yea 50 % off flannel and work decides to change my schedule!!!! I had to work today 8-5 and same tomorrow... I am hoping they will leave Sunday at 1-10 so I can try to get over there before work!!!! I want to re-do my design wall !!

Mittsy, I would love a snowflake or two...unless of course you have some butterflies??? and want to play?? other wise just regular charms, in pinks, purples, and greens...thanks.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 2, 2011
10:39 PM

Post #8791055

Mittsy, I would love you leftover I-spy. A tractor would be fun, whatever you'd like would be great!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

September 3, 2011
6:03 AM

Post #8791243

Pat I have a few I-spy pieces...as soon as I get to open the boxes again, I'll send them.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 3, 2011
6:28 AM

Post #8791266

Just finished all the envelopes and ready to put my charms into them, only one not going out is the Halloween, stopped in the 2 fabric stores in the area and neither have Halloween, said no call for them sooo will be on the hunt this next month when traveling..
I'm in thought, if I mail them at local post office they go vis cow route, if I wait until Tuesday then they go directly to sorting station..guess I need not think a lot as I already know the answer...lol

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 3, 2011
10:19 AM

Post #8791538

Thanks Karen, I'll look forward to it.

I bought fall fabric earlier this week... "Retail Therapy" for a lousy mood. I hope to get all my fabric cut and envelopes this holiday weekend. I bought the right size envelopes yesterday. I have the addresses... Elen's charm blocks from "new swap" should be arriving anyday so I'll be able to combine "New Swap" with "Holiday Swap" when possible.

My doctor appointments (Thursday & Friday) went well and I have tests set up for this month.I really like my new Cardiologist and I'm looking forward to getting "that stuff" out of the way. I have an echocardiogram scheduled for the 16th. I'm grinding my way through all the hoops to the Bariatric surgery that I want/need. I get my C-pap machine on Friday if all goes well. I'm looking forward to getting quality sleep.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 3, 2011
2:04 PM

Post #8791749

Pat, Here's your tractor. I found some chicken wire fabric, figured I'd better set some aside for you so when you get your chickens, you'll be able to pen them in.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 3, 2011
2:06 PM

Post #8791750

Laura, This snowflakes for you. My first sew out.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 3, 2011
2:10 PM

Post #8791753

Then I experimented with enlarging the design to the max and tried the fabric I'm using for my grand daughter's quilt It puckered a little but i like it.
I found a nice butrterfly that I'll work on later when we get back from church. They've closed so many churches around here due to the lack of priests that we don't have a lot of choice it's either Saturday evening local or drive aways to 7 am.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 3, 2011
2:54 PM

Post #8791804

Beautiful work Mittsy..

Everyone will be excited as can be to receive them...now look at that tractor, the cutest!

must have snowflakes designs as well because at some point years ago I think i embroidered & stabilized snowflakes then starched them and used as Xmas tree ornaments..going to have to check that out...now you have given me something else to look for? Hmmm. Minds trying to think!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 3, 2011
3:44 PM

Post #8791855

Oh Mittsy is it to late to ask for a snowflake with my charms? That is beautiful...so delicate looking. Love the tractor also but the snowflake is special. I need to learn to use the embroidery on my machine...maybe after I get back from Moms this time.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 3, 2011
3:44 PM

Post #8791856

WOW Mittsy, you do such beautiful work! That tractor is sooooo cute! The blue for the first snowflake makes such a nice contrast...
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 4, 2011
1:49 AM

Post #8792255

My sister Mary just got the embroidery only machine from ebay. I've had mine for 10 years, but teaching her has made it "new" again for me, too. I spent a couple of days sewing with her. She wanted to embellish some linen fabric to make into shorts and tops. I did little ladybugs one one with dots and mini flamingoes on another. She then made the fabric up into the tops and shorts and wore one set when we went out for a day. It was such fun to "play" for two days. We even managed to bake four loaves of homemade artisan (rustic) bread and make some fresh pesto. It's nice to work with someone who can also "see" what the finished work will look like when you are describing your thoughts. She just got it right away and started adding her ideas. One example I was trying to describe was how high end clothing has the front embroidered and then special detailing on a sleeve or back shoulder etc. So we have only one mini ladybug on the back. All our sample stitch outs will be cut into 5" charm squares, so everyone will get one. Anyone for ladybugs or flamingoes?
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 4, 2011
4:13 AM

Post #8792297

I have an embroidery unit on my Bernina (that I've had for 8 yrs) and have never had time to learn to use it. One of these days I'll be doing fun things also!!!!!
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 4, 2011
4:17 AM

Post #8792298

Road trip. When you are settled in Fl you'll have to come ( to Cocoa Beach) for two days of intense"FUN" training.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2011 7:49 AM

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 4, 2011
4:42 AM

Post #8792309

And you can come to my house for 2 days before you go to FL!!!!! I've played a bit with it but I've so much to learn...
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 4, 2011
4:48 AM

Post #8792317

How is NH on the way to FL? Especially when we are going by way of KY?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 4, 2011
4:54 AM

Post #8792324

It is just a slight dip to the southeast before you head southwest!!!!!
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 4, 2011
4:55 AM

Post #8792329

So sorry have edited my previous thread. Forgot the snowbird info. Ha, ha.

Just in passing, I feel that I am learning a foreign language when I have a conversation with my mom. "You Know" can be translated into most anything. After playing 20 questions we can usually come to an understanding. I'm now getting phone calls from my sister's husband asking me to translate for him. I may be looking at my future in 20 years. Got to keep a sense of humor.

edited for missing letters.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2011 7:56 AM
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 4, 2011
4:58 AM

Post #8792335

I've played long enough, got to embrace the day. Water lilies are calling, will share them with you, later.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 4, 2011
5:01 AM

Post #8792342

Thea - this is my coffee this morning!!!!!

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 4, 2011
7:54 AM

Post #8792527

Spent some lovely time weeding pondside, now for the water lily pictures.
Attraction peeking out of the lily pads. My only red lily.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 4, 2011
7:55 AM

Post #8792530

Mme. Wilfron Gonnere, a pretty pink.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 4, 2011
7:57 AM

Post #8792531

Not sure if this one is Carnea or Arc en Ciel, smells lovely, so I brought it in to enjoy inside.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 4, 2011
8:02 AM

Post #8792535

Floating beauty. Another hour until lunch and I'm hungry now, that's the problem when you have breakfast at 5:30.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 4, 2011
8:10 AM

Post #8792542

Beautiful!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 4, 2011
8:45 AM

Post #8792577

Your water lillies are beautiful... I miss mine.

Having someone to sew with again would be devine!! I miss my sewing buddies. I had a good friend with that we made and donated quilts together. Not near as much fun sewing by myself.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 4, 2011
10:00 AM

Post #8792719

Mittsy, I am a ladybug person! Ladybugs please.

We are getting some of the outer band of Lee and it is very dark, thundering, under tornado warning and pouring rain. We had over 2" last night with some generous pruning by nature. Good day to work on cutting some more squares for the next swap. I didn't realize Lee extended as far out as it does but will be grateful for the rain.

The waterlilies are beautiful. My next door neighbor has a pond (in addition to living right on the lake) with some lilies but finally cleaned it out as she was having such a problem with water moccasins.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 4, 2011
10:33 AM

Post #8792777

OK, Marion ladybugs for you.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 4, 2011
10:37 AM

Post #8792783

Oh thank you Mittsy.
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 4, 2011
10:54 AM

Post #8792812

Mittsy those snowflakes are beautiful!!! So delicate!! I loveeeeeee Ladybugs (reminds me of back home and being a child...lol) If it is not too much trouble for you Mittsy I would love Ladybugs and/or snowflakes. The Waterlilies are gorgeous, how big is your pond?

Barb you had Sunday morning coffee in style!! We always brew Tim Hortons regular coffee at home...I just love the flavour of it.

Marion, hope Lee will not cause any damage around you!! I think it is time you move to Canada Marion, we have NO hurricanes and very little Tornados, just the odd snow storm...lol...ok I lied...lots of snowstorms...but still they cause less damage then what you get with your storms!! lol

Pat you could move up here too!!! I would love to be your sewing buddy!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 4, 2011
10:59 AM

Post #8792821

Thea, I know about Canada and snow storms. I lived with my late brother and SIL for a year while I attended the University of Western Ontario. This Southern gal learned really quick about ice and snow. LOL Still I have always wanted to live there again. Unless I can move my entire family, I don't think it will happen...just visits. I have a niece and her family in Ingersoll, a great niece in BC, a nephew and his family in SK. If all goes as planned I hope to come up next summer at least to Ingersoll. That is how I learned about butter tarts and Timmies. LOL

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 4, 2011
11:32 AM

Post #8792862

And remember, it's a hop skip and a jump to Victoria Harbour!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 4, 2011
11:57 AM

Post #8792886

Lol Oh I know Betty. That is on the agenda. 'Cause at the end there will be Timmies and Butter Tarts!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 4, 2011
12:01 PM

Post #8792892

There sure will be..who knows if I take a run south at Christmas might just bring you some!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 4, 2011
12:07 PM

Post #8792898

Mittsy - when are you heading south? I plan to be down 2 - 14 Oct, moving some things in. The Bernina was packed so will be down there.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 4, 2011
1:05 PM

Post #8792952

I do LOTS of stuff with my Sis but sewing isn't one of them unless you count her handing me her sewing and me doing it! LOL
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 4, 2011
2:30 PM

Post #8793080

It will be after the fifteenth because we have our daughter visiting on the 15th, she'll be in Rochester (for work) and drive down to visit us and grandma Marty, then fly out of Syracuse.

Got you for a snowflake Thea.

Just finished a cute caterpiller and wouldn't you just know it ,spelled caterpillar wrong, another reject. When will I learn to check the dictionary before stitching?
Speaking of coffee, I'm enjoying a cup of Kona decaf that my sis brought me back from Hawaii. Very smooth. Wish I had a butter tart.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 4, 2011
2:48 PM

Post #8793102

Thinking about putting on a pot of Costa Rican decaf, no Timmies or Kona here. LOL Nor butter tarts for that matter.

Our high so far has been 75and the rain continues to come down and the thunder is still booming in the distance.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 4, 2011
4:13 PM

Post #8793218

After all the heat you have had Marion, the cooler temps must feel wonderful!!!!
PS I'll just have to have a Timmies for you...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 4, 2011
6:28 PM

Post #8793420

Oh Barb please do that for me.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 4, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8793553

I have EVERYONE of the charms needed cut and carefully slid into addressed envelopes. Those of you that are in BOTH Charm swaps will get your's as soon as I get Elen's package and can get them into the envelopes. Elen mailed out of France on the 12 of August but I don't have it yet. You may recall I mailed all of mine out earlier for that Swap rather than wait for her charms.

Anyone in JUST this swap, your envelope will go out Tuesday. I mailed at least 10 different block patterns in each envelope and added duplicates in several. I hope everyone likes what I selected for them.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 5, 2011
2:48 AM

Post #8793784

Pat, I have to ask if those Rose of Sharon I sent you survived. I planted one here about the same time and it is blooming. Just a tiny one but it has two flowers on it. I was so surprised. Not much blooming here but weeds, lots of golden rod, chicory and queen anne's lace. About time to plant the bulbs. Need to get some bone meal to ammend the soil.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 5, 2011
9:58 AM

Post #8794389

Mittsy, nothing survived. I had 2 nice sized butterfly bushes that had made it thru one year already and those even look awful. I think I had a neighbor spray carelessly. That is the only reason I can imagine why I would have lost some of the things I did. There was a 15 foot lilac tree that was been reduced to a few surviving limbs.

Later, when the tempertures cool more and it's safe to prune, I'm going to clean up what is living and what I think is dead and try to prepare it all for next year, THEN I'll try and replant next year. I'm disappointed but not much I can do about it.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 5, 2011
11:02 AM

Post #8794465

Could someone help me out..sent d-mails to sewsassee and elaine for addressed and have had no response..thought I may have had them but no can find..would like to post their charms in the am..appreciate it,

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 5, 2011
11:37 AM

Post #8794495

No problem, I've got both.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 5, 2011
11:59 AM

Post #8794543

Just need Elaine's now, thea kindly sent me Bev's

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 5, 2011
12:22 PM

Post #8794578

I sent both by Dmail right after I posted. OOOOOooooopss!! I just discovered I dmailed the wrong person!! LOLLllll oh my... let me fix that right now!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 5, 2011
1:00 PM

Post #8794632

Thanks you both, envelopes can now be mailed tomorrow..
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 6, 2011
12:15 PM

Post #8796214

Mailed the Charms this morning and I hope it won`t take forever to get to you!!! The Post Master said it should not take any longer then a regular letter...whatever that means...lol
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 6, 2011
12:34 PM

Post #8796246

Mittsy: what address should I use for your squares?

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

September 6, 2011
2:27 PM

Post #8796396

Pat, received the squares you sent. Love them all!!! Thanks for the addresses. Mailed most of them this morning.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 6, 2011
6:47 PM

Post #8796752

I'm so glad you liked them!! I enjoyed cutting them for you.

I received my FIRST charms from this swap today from YOU! Thanks, I especially liked the orange background with all the little black spiders!
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 7, 2011
2:25 AM

Post #8797103

Anyone mailing to me during the month of September please mail to NY. Thanks.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2011
6:14 AM

Post #8797381

I am getting ready to leave for south Florida this morning. I will check back when I am able to get on line with my sister's "touchy" computer. Talk about horrible service!!!

More than likely my squares won't go out until the end of this month as I don't know for sure how much free time I will have while I am there. Mom is fighting another UTI and she isn't responding to the meds this time. Keep cutting and sewing and the cooler weather coming on down this way!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 7, 2011
8:08 AM

Post #8797519

Marion, sending hugs for you my friend and prayers for you Mom! She certainly has been a fighter...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 7, 2011
8:47 AM

Post #8797563

My prayers go with you Marion...
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 7, 2011
9:22 AM

Post #8797607

Adding mine, too.
We have had two days of steady rain, enough already. All my rain barrels are overflowing. It is quite windy so our phone service keeps cutting in and out. If you do have service it is so full of static, you can barely hear the caller.
I have been sewing and embroidering so all is not lost, however the weeds are getting a huge jump on me and I'm about to call them the winner for this season. The bird feeder is sprouting from all the rain, poor little birdies are being blown off the perches. The hummers will probably leave early if this doesn't let up soon. The weatherman is predicting more of the same, so no end in sight.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 7, 2011
1:13 PM

Post #8797860

Sending you a smile Mittsy to try to help you feel better. It is the same crap here!!!!!1

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 7, 2011
1:19 PM

Post #8797873

Beats snow. Lol
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 7, 2011
4:35 PM

Post #8798122

Hey everyone...miss you all. Our internet provider is against me. Trying to pay bills and talk to my new friends...UGH!

Is there anyone out there who still needs my address? Just d-mail me. Hoping soon to let the air out of my fabric filled space bags...so I can find some great fabric pieces for all of you.

I have some John Deere flannel..big piece like a yard or something. I forgot who was looking for John Deere and farm fabric? Want it? I'm never gonna use it...please let me know.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2011
6:39 PM

Post #8798263

Elaine, I would love your John Deere farm fabric! I have a cousin who is crazy for farm stuff and it would make a very cute project for her.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 9, 2011
6:59 AM

Post #8800427

I received my squares from Gloria - MorknotMindy. They are gorgeous and I will try to post pictures over the weekend. Thank you so very much...
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

September 10, 2011
4:27 AM

Post #8801850

I received my blocks from Gloria.
Thank you.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 10, 2011
3:48 PM

Post #8802640

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1219250/ is our NEW THREAD

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America