Solar table lamps

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Cleaned out the shed last night and found a couple of old lamp bases I forgot I had that I decided would make great solar table lamps; this one is an old oil lamp base.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

This one was a table lamp, but it didn't go with our decor, so it languished in the shed. It's unmarked, but may be by McCoy.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Bushnell, FL

That is a great idea.

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

How will these solar lights get sun?

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

My back porch gets afternoon sun; if it's not enough, I can always set them out in the sun for the day if I'll need them at night.

Southern California, CA

Oh my these are cute. The modern solar and the antique lamp bases. The "McCoy" (or other pottery) I especially like. If you find another, 3 would be cute together on a table. Or 2 together on a table with another object to tie the 3 pieces together.

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

I sure do like your creative combination.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

I have a brand new top, but can't find the right base, lost it. So now I could do this! Did you just glue it?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

30 second project.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Used construction adhesive, which hasn't held up well, so will try GE II next.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

I like E6000 real well too.

Phoenix, AZ

♥ the colors!

Newark, NJ

that's amazing! i want solar lamps now =)

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Big Lots has some of the best prices on the solar lights, so get going.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I like your lamps very much. I recently found some glass lamp shades at the thrift store (3/$1), got some solar lights on sale, paired them up, and "floated" them in the creeping phlox in the garden. Sorry about the lousy picture but you get the idea.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Pretty cool. Solar has made garden lighting accessible for everyone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.