Photo by Melody

Article: Slug Those Slugs!: Slug Repellant

Communities > Forums > Article: Slug Those Slugs!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Slug Those Slugs!Replies: 4, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
annabelle15
Niles, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 15, 2011
3:34 AM

Post #8757043

As a person that can not stand to see my plants "Eaten", I have found something that works. repells them and Kills them. Comet Cleanser, yes plain old Comet cleanser. When I lived in California, I had to deal with the little critters on a daily basis, using the snail bait almost cost us a dear dog, but, having a greenhouse, in back of my flowershop, ment that I needed something to keep them at bay. One day while cleaning some old pots, I spilled some Comet on the floor of the greenhouse. Next morning, I found several Dead slugs in the Powder. I was amazed, so I put a line of Comet around the inside perimeter of the greenhouse, no more slugs, and the dogs would not come near the powder. As the slugs crawl through the powder it strips off their slime layer and they die. Best thing I have ever found.
claregirl
Newtown, CT

August 15, 2011
5:21 AM

Post #8757128

Thank you Annabelle. I'm going to try this today. My hostas look like swiss cheese and I'm desperate.
BillandJan
New Milford, PA

August 15, 2011
5:35 PM

Post #8758272

Thank you. I am overun with these slimers. I was told to get ducks and living in the country on 10 acres I did get 4 White Pekins. I went and caught about 50 slugs and took them to the ducks. They looked at them and then at me as if to ask "You don't think we will eat these do you?" Well they didn't and haven't all summer. The ducks have to go and now I will buy Comet Cleanser
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

August 16, 2011
3:48 AM

Post #8758965

Wow, great tip! Thanks for sharing. Slugs are the worst, especially here on shoreline Connecticut where it is ALWAYS damp!
happykacey
Kansas City, KS

August 17, 2011
8:06 AM

Post #8761181

Thank you Annabelle. We all need to buy sock in Comet Cleanser, cause as many slugs as I get here in in the Ozarks of Central Missouri, I plan to buy a bunch, and we will all be rich! What a great simple solution. Thanks.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Slug Those Slugs! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Slugs ringwood 2 Mar 24, 2008 2:41 PM
Thank you, Toni! cyra 0 Mar 24, 2008 11:28 AM
slugs rachel211 0 Mar 24, 2008 11:35 AM
slugs Juinette 1 Mar 24, 2008 12:25 PM
Good article pirl 7 Mar 25, 2008 3:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America