Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Passifloras: Anyone have experience with this ebay seller

Communities > Forums > Passifloras
bookmark
Forum: PassiflorasReplies: 21, Views: 219
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 15, 2011
5:34 AM

Post #8757142

Where the Wild Things Grow
I know I've bought from them before but I can't remember my success with their seeds.
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 16, 2011
4:57 AM

Post #8759019

I went ahead and purchased several of their passie seeds. I'll let you know how it goes.
Passionflowerz
Punta Gorda, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 17, 2011
3:25 AM

Post #8760756

I know I'll be looking to see what you think. I'm going to go see their stuff now. Thanks Roxxanne
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 22, 2011
5:29 AM

Post #8770313

OK, here are the seeds I got. I'll keep you posted as to what happens with these.. I'll soak them today or tomorrow.
p. sunburst x mexicana
p. morifolia (bonus seeds)
p. cincinnata
p. palmeri var. sublanceolata
p. quadrangularis
p. racemosa
p. tenufila (bonus seeds)
p. racemosa busios
p. pinnatistipula
p. choconiana
p. edulis mixture (bonus seeds)

p. maliformis
p. penduliflora(cuttings)
p. alata- ruby glow

This message was edited Aug 25, 2011 7:51 PM
Passionflowerz
Punta Gorda, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 22, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8770535

Please do, love to see your germination rate and how many come up and are what seller said they are.
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

August 25, 2011
5:48 AM

Post #8775785

unless these seeds germinate there self these are all crosses be interesting to see what you get
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 29, 2011
5:36 AM

Post #8782589

Got all the seeds planted yesterday. Used the vinegar method. Also tried to root some cuttings of my Temptaionx. Some in water in a beer bottle and some in expanding peat pellets with Rootone. Also put some Aristolochia cuttings in a beer bottle, they were end of the vine cuttings so I'm not sure if they'll take.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2011
6:40 PM

Post #8787711

Roxxanne I just ordered from there last week and got them today. I got the Edulis mix (100 seeds) to play with. I'm still trying to figure out how to plant them since I'm not familiar with Passiflora.
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2011
8:36 PM

Post #8787891

Keep us posted on your success.
ibartoo
Pawleys Island, SC

September 6, 2011
6:21 AM

Post #8795660

What is the vinegar method? I have started them in lemon juice, but never heard of vinegar.
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 6, 2011
1:16 PM

Post #8796305

Soak in vinegar for 10 minutes, rinse, plant.
ibartoo
Pawleys Island, SC

September 6, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8796787

Thanks, I am going to try that.
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 18, 2011
5:57 AM

Post #8813147

I have sprouts in the edulis mix and one sprout in the cincinnata. It's a start! It's cooling off here so I'll be bringing the little pots inside. Should I give them bottom heat????
I just purchased some plants from thomashawk on ebay, any relation, Gordon? He's in Buffalo.

Oh and the cuttings I got from her were crispy. She hasn't replaced them yet. I think I'll go email her right now.

And I tried starting cuttings from my temp. x temp. and they are all rooting. So now that I know I can do it I'm looking at more cuttings on ebay and where ever else I can purchase them from.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2011 8:01 AM
ibartoo
Pawleys Island, SC

September 21, 2011
7:13 AM

Post #8817527

Roxxanne, did you get unrooted passi cuttings on ebay?
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2011
1:35 PM

Post #8818047

Yes, I got some from wherethewildthingsgrow that were dried out. She said she's sending more with extras and I got some from thomashawk, haven't recieved them yet, still bidding on some.
ibartoo
Pawleys Island, SC

September 21, 2011
4:36 PM

Post #8818338

Thanks for the info. I may have to try them out.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

September 25, 2011
1:20 PM

Post #8823490

The edulis mix I bought has begun to germinate as well. I have two seedlings that have popped out and are just shedding their seed coats and many more that are starting to creep out of the soil or perlite covering.

Good test run for me. I will be buying more of her seeds :)

Now if only the cotton leaf seeds would germinate. I wasn't as thorough with their planting as I should have been.
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2011
8:49 PM

Post #8824115

I am not thoroughly sold just yet. I am going to hold off on judgement. I was very careful with the planting. I understand that older seeds take time to germinate, so we'll see. She did replace the dead cutting. The second wasn't dead but not in great shape. She puts them in a water tube but does nothing to protect the leaves from loosing hydration so when they arrive the water tube is dry and the leaves are starting to dry out. I think she should place the leaves in damp paper towels and use priority mail instead of first class. She did however send 2 other cuttings as an apology which I thought was nice. I have several cuttings coming from thomashawk from ebay. I'll let you know how those look when they get here.
ibartoo
Pawleys Island, SC

September 26, 2011
5:15 AM

Post #8824358

When I had some seeds for lots of different varieties, I found that some didn't germinate until the 2nd year. A friend who runs a flower farm told me some may take a year or more to germinate.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

September 26, 2011
7:48 AM

Post #8824630

I'm going to wait as long as possible. I planted the cotton leaf first and I really liked these.
lovemygessies
Charlotte, MI

October 28, 2011
9:46 AM

Post #8866971

I had very little luck with sees I purchased from Where*The*Wild*Things*Grow on ebay. I followed her instructions and using the little cups she sends. When I asked about it, she said that some can take up to 1 1/2 years to germinate.

The seed I purchased from rugirok and landofthefound on ebay germinated just fine. I won't hesitate to purchase from either of these 2 again.

Just this month I purchased 3 plants and a bunch of cuttings from thomashawk (also on ebay). The plants are doing great and I found 4 buds on one of them this morning. It was the first time I have tried cuttings so asked him alot of questions and then followed his directions. After finding the buds on the plant today, I checked my cuttings and was elated to find roots. Out of the entire group of cuttings, I think there is only one that won't be ok and I have to blame myself for that because the cutting looked just as healthy as the others he sent. I'll definitely buy from him again.
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

January 8, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #8959036

Not real happy with the results. I don't think I'll be ordering from them again. It's a shame too, they have seeds that I can't find anywhere else. I wonder where they get their seeds???????

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Passifloras Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Is anyone having trouble keeping up with name tags? Tropicman 16 Jul 24, 2007 5:43 AM
Am I blue? Ginger_H 6 Aug 16, 2008 6:19 PM
First passiflora bloom PudgyMudpies 14 Feb 7, 2008 2:28 PM
Pics of your passies, please? AuntB 250 Jul 24, 2007 11:20 AM
Passiflora Amethystina gordo 14 Apr 6, 2007 10:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America