Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: An August Almanac: Great reminder

Communities > Forums > Article: An August Almanac
bookmark
Forum: Article: An August AlmanacReplies: 1, Views: 8
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 4b)

August 15, 2011
9:03 AM

Post #8757562

I usually start rearranging my garden as soon as it turns green. lol. But I agree that now is the time to see that some plants are larger than I realized they would be. Sometimes Alaskan summers do strange things to otherwise well-behaved plants. And the history part was really interesting. I had not thought about carrying a flower about the garden to see what might make interesting combinations which is strange as my eye spots them occuring sort of naturaly for pictures taking opportunities. Thanks for a great article.

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 15, 2011
10:53 AM

Post #8757756

Mstella, like you I rearrange my perennial borders mentally just about every day! I used to be unable to resist moving/dividing things no matter what the weather, once I had a bee in my bonnet. I learned to be more careful after losing plants or having them take a long time to recover. Now I keep a list on paper, along with the season I should make changes, and that helps me stay realistic. Happy gardening, and enjoy the rest of your Alaskan summer!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: An August Almanac Threads you might be interested in:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America