-
AuthorContent
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 4b)

August 15, 2011
9:03 AM

Post #8757562

I usually start rearranging my garden as soon as it turns green. lol. But I agree that now is the time to see that some plants are larger than I realized they would be. Sometimes Alaskan summers do strange things to otherwise well-behaved plants. And the history part was really interesting. I had not thought about carrying a flower about the garden to see what might make interesting combinations which is strange as my eye spots them occuring sort of naturaly for pictures taking opportunities. Thanks for a great article.

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 15, 2011
10:53 AM

Post #8757756

Mstella, like you I rearrange my perennial borders mentally just about every day! I used to be unable to resist moving/dividing things no matter what the weather, once I had a bee in my bonnet. I learned to be more careful after losing plants or having them take a long time to recover. Now I keep a list on paper, along with the season I should make changes, and that helps me stay realistic. Happy gardening, and enjoy the rest of your Alaskan summer!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: An August Almanac Threads you might be interested in:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America