Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Clean and Clutter-free: A place to get rid of (sell) your electronics

Communities > Forums > Clean and Clutter-free
bookmark
Forum: Clean and Clutter-freeReplies: 3, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 17, 2011
4:18 PM

Post #8761845

There is a market for all of that old, toxic stuff:

http://lifehacker.com/5831204/the-junkbox-is-an-online-marketplace-to-buy-and-sell-electronic-diy-project-parts

http://www.junkbox.org/index.php
rubyw
Crozet, VA

August 20, 2011
5:09 AM

Post #8765942

Good information Juney. Thanks for posting. I am afraid that I am really illiterate when speaking of electronics. I do know that raising two boys and watch them have to have the latest and greatest video games available over the years has cost my pocketbook to suffer. Whenever we could, we would either sell an old set or trade it in on an upgrade.

As we speak, I have several pieces of computer equipment boxed up in my storage shed. Might have to check these sites out a bit further and see if there might be a market for what I have.

Have you bought or sold through the site?

Ruby
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 20, 2011
4:00 PM

Post #8766957

No, it was a link shared on Facebook and recommended by a cousin. (90% of my Facebook friends are family) I donate my old stuff to a charity thrift shop and buy some of it there too. There is no sense in paying full price for things like keyboards or a mouse or the wires if you can buy it at the thrift store ^_^
rubyw
Crozet, VA

August 21, 2011
11:04 AM

Post #8768739

I agree and have done my share of thrift store purchasing over the years. I suppose I have had a sense of recycle, reuse since day one. Probably a lot of us raised by depression era parents do. I think it is exciting and lots of fun to get a good deal, whatever the purchase of the day may be.

As I said, the men in my life are the ones who have sense of electronics, I never met one I understood. hahaha

Have a great week coming up. Still doing lots of reading? Read anything new by Anne Rule? Good to see you posting.

Ruby

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Clean and Clutter-free Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anyone enjoy TLC's "Clean Sweep"? gardenwife 22 Jun 24, 2008 12:44 AM
Favorite bathroom cleaner? Terry 79 Nov 9, 2013 2:05 AM
Do you do this? Terry 11 Sep 22, 2009 5:16 AM
Dog Slobber levilyla 24 Nov 4, 2012 3:33 PM
Vacuums Yuska 99 Jan 5, 2011 9:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America