Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Poultry and Livestock: Look at my manure pile

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 2, Views: 47
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

August 18, 2011
7:55 AM

Post #8762884

I gave my chickens pumpkins last fall and the seed started growing a few weeks ago in the manure pile,Don`t think I will get pumpkins as its to late in the season for us,there is a tomatoe plant in there two.Some of those leaves are almost three feet across,and the flowers are huge.Next year I`ll plant some pumpkins early.It really is a nice way to hide the pile.

Thumbnail by green04735
Click the image for an enlarged view.

porkpal
Richmond, TX

August 18, 2011
10:42 AM

Post #8763149

Oh how lovely and green! (our drought has taken all the green out of our landscape!) Those are some healthy looking pumpkins. My chickens and pigs plant things for me every year. This year there are watermelons and a cherry tomato. I have also had pumpkins, gourds, and cantaloupes. I love a freebee!
titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 18, 2011
11:13 AM

Post #8763202

You never know you might have time to get a little one going...

We got a freebie like that because we gave a jack'o lantern to the dogs to play with. The next year we had a nice big plant and got 3 pumpkins off of it. One nice sized one and 2 little ones. The only reason the little ones didn't get big was because the dogs thought they we play toys once they spotted them. That's what I get for giving it to them the year before. LOL

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America