Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Introduction to Caudiciform Plants, Also Known as Fat Plants: Euphorbia serrulata

Communities > Forums > Article: Introduction to Caudiciform Plants, Also Known as Fat Plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Introduction to Caudiciform Plants, Also Known as Fat PlantsReplies: 2, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Roaringwater
Roaringwater Bay
Ireland
(Zone 9b)

August 19, 2011
7:33 AM

Post #8764545

Thanks for another great article, Geoff. I'm just wondering if you had some other species in mind when you described Euphorbia serrulata? E. serrulata is native to Britain and Europe, and as far as I know never forms a caudex. E. flanaganii is bulletproof here, so I would love to know what this other species is.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

August 19, 2011
12:24 PM

Post #8764988

yep, got it right on the photos, but in the text it was supposed to say Euphorbia stellata (get those confused frequently)... so I fixed that. Thanks for pointing that out!
Roaringwater
Roaringwater Bay
Ireland
(Zone 9b)

August 27, 2011
4:03 AM

Post #8779232

Thanks for the info Geoff, I will seek out E. stellata.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Caudiciform Plants, Also Known as Fat Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
These are amazing! doccat5 9 Dec 18, 2009 6:00 AM
Can you ID the Pelargonium AnalogDog 2 Dec 18, 2009 5:48 PM
A big fat WOW! binibusybee 0 Mar 1, 2010 6:34 PM
Caudiciform plants Napergal 1 Mar 3, 2010 3:16 AM
Awesome Malestrom 0 Aug 26, 2010 12:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America