Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: Minature Plant Swap for Fairy Gardens Chat / Reveal *page2*

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 289, Views: 1,438
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 19, 2011
10:30 AM

Post #8764816

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1199848/

Rules,, Rules, Rules,,,sigh,,,
1. You must be a paid member of Daves at least though the 30th of September to be in this swap.
2. The spending limit is $20.00 PLUS shipping. Now this can include plants and cute stuff you have on hand. I plan to hit every single shop in my area to help my swap buddy.
3. I would like to get a conformation # for all boxes sent so I am able to track them in case of Post Office delays.
4. Please ask me if you need any info from your buddy and I will be glad to help.
5. Mail in deadline is October 5th for those of you who are on set incomes.

Participants:::::

1. Mud_Elf ( Kris)... mini- Mermaid pond garden
2. Irisluvr0252/ Debbie...Grandmas Garden or Mayberry RFD police type one
3. oldmansdarlin / Shelly...Fairy garden has fairies and pot, needs accessories? and extra plants?
4. Jsxtiger/ Jax/ Joyce ... doing a Deep Forest type theme (her partner must not forget the baileys!)
5 . CheerMom/ Sue...Sedums and streams woodland edge garden
6. Joycerogers0713 / Laney..."Lazy days of summer."
7. FruitOfTheVine /Susan...Beach or Desert...
8. Happgarden/ Joyce...pergola garden / water feature garden
9. chellflower / Chell... Middle Earth/Hobbit theme
10. taters55 / Linda Kay... Swan theme, has swan planter.
11.Sundownr / Bev..." Garden swinging trolls"!!!
12.ChooChooGal / Lynn...My Garden is a traditional one. Gardens,Bridge over water feature,Winding Steps
13. janaestone / Di ... country fair / 4H type theme
14.Crit /Patti..."Woodland Wandering" with stream and bridge.

Cool Links:
http://web.me.com/mitchellschoenfeld/Site/wee_garden/Entries...

http://www.marysminiatures.net/ >> for Bricks at a nice price and other goodies

http://minigardener.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/miniature-werew...

Beach garden link:
http://www.officeplayground.com/Executive-Sandbox-Mini-Beach... &utm_medium=comparisonshopping&utm_term=2596&utm_campaign=productfeed

I like this site. They carry fairies, paver, rocks, fairy houses, furniture, and more and best of all you will not go broke just to get one item!!
http://www.miniature-gardens.com/miniatures/pathways.html

I found a bunch of other links on the tiny garden thread, however So far they seem to be very high end cost wise.
Here is the sticky for that link:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/867444/

For patio kits and other fairy related garden items.joycerogers0713/ Laney reccomends:
Janit at http://www.twogreenthumbs.com.
also...
http://www.oakridgehobbies.com/
I love this on thier site!!:
http://www.oakridgehobbies.com/index.php/aztec-1-inch-scale-...
NEW SITE from Joyce!! ... http://www.tinytreasuresnursery.com

E-bay store with nice stuff, however they donot combine shipping and it takes a while to get here. That being said,, the prices make up for that and thier rating are excellent:

http://stores.ebay.com/Mini-Dollhouse?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Here is the link for the basics of hypertufa.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/795463/

For mini-trees:
http://www.miniforest.com

Hostas links:
http://www.countryboygardens.com

Mini plant link on e-bay with wonderful pricing and list of stuff she will have available at the end of Summer. She would like for you to e-mail her at ( michelle@pathwaygardens.com )if you order and let her know you are from Daves Garden and doing the mini-swap:

http://stores.ebay.com/Monkey-Puzzle-Trees?_trksid=p4340.l25...

Here is the list of things she will have for us:
Here is tis. Remeber that the plants will be $1.79 per plant and a flatrate shipping of $5.99 per order.:

Thymes
Red Creeping Thyme ... I want!!
White Creeping Thyme ... I want!!
Highland Cream Thyme

Sedums
Sedum John Creech
Sedum Baby Tears ... I want!!

Grasses
Miniature Goldend Sweet Flag ... I want!!
Blue Fescue 'Elijahs Blue'
Creeping Velvet Grass ... I want!!
Carex Velebit Humilus ... I want!!

Sagina Irish Moss
Sagina Scotch Moss
Super Dwarf Mondo Grass

Leptinella New Zealand
Leptinella Platts Black
Lysimachia Golden Creeping Jenny
Lysimachis Creeping Jenny (green)
Potentilla Pygmaea
Viola Labrador ... I want!!
Viola Yakusimana ... I want!!
Herniaria Green Carpet ... I want!!
Sedum Miniature Stonecrop
Euonymus Kewensis ... I want!!
Ajuga Chocolate Chip
Blue Star Creeper

Well I seem to want a lot!!! lol

a good place to shop for fairies:
http://www.theturtletrail.com

Sugested plants for mini gardens:
suggested plant list good for mini- gardens:
green fantasy fern
silver lace fern
snow-in-summer
alyssum
fiber optic green
snowstorm-sutera cordata
icicles, helichrysum thianschenicum
monomb -cherry bomb
Japenese barberry
Irish juniper
alberta spruce
hinoki cypress
mexican heather
lobelia
dianthus
blue star juniper
dwarf cone junipers
silver edge thyme
japanese sweet flag grasses
maidenhair fern
ajuga
mimi blue bells
campanula
veronica
stonecrop, sedum
Irish moss
immergrunchen, sedum
blur ridge/sedum
angelina/sedum
berry bladder fern
'Blue Spruce'
sedum reflexum
creeping phlox 'fort hill'
geranium var.striatum
sempervivum{hens & chicks}
golden moss 'aurea'
sedum acre 'aureum'
allyson
purple form, sedum
firefly white, mini impatiens
tiny tunias, violet
lantana, lucky yellow
‘Superbells Light Pink’
helxine

This message was edited Aug 19, 2011 12:34 PM

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf
Click the image for an enlarged view.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 19, 2011
1:40 PM

Post #8765111

Elf, Thanks for starting a new room. The last was a little long! Hope you are feeling better soon. Wow! You really lucked up on the shopping trip! Looking forward to the pics. Sounds like you got some great things. Take care of your self and get well!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 19, 2011
2:11 PM

Post #8765149

On the subject of mini's, my friend almost ran over this little mini with a lawn mower today.

Thumbnail by joycerogers0713

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 19, 2011
2:42 PM

Post #8765189

Pic #1 4 min-bird baths

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 19, 2011
2:46 PM

Post #8765193

Pic 2 is pics of my finds

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 19, 2011
2:47 PM

Post #8765194

3. Fencing

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 19, 2011
2:47 PM

Post #8765195

some green men faces I made

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 19, 2011
2:52 PM

Post #8765203

Oh girl I love all of them. The faces you made are darling. You are so talented! The picket fence was a real find too. Christmas mini garden here she comes.

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

August 19, 2011
6:01 PM

Post #8765446

Uh Oh! jist discovered that finerliners, (in other building) has a hosta spring pre-sale going on. She has the " teeny weenie bikinee" hosta, too.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 19, 2011
6:39 PM

Post #8765527

Thanks, but I have to confess I used a mold for the faces and then another mold for the leaves. It is really easy to do that way. All the little bird baths were by hand so that is why they look so amateur,,sigh,, I am teaching myself to do this with the polymer clay, so it is a learning process.

I think I have enough hostas,, well maybe not,,,lol Now that was a silly thing to say. I never have enough hostas..

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

August 21, 2011
7:09 AM

Post #8768324

I'm not getting to check in as often as i would like, but when I do, you ladies really inspire me!!! My neighbor's dog ATE my practice swinging troll mini-garden, so I have to start over again (I was going to rework it anyway). Keep posting pics of all the cool stuff you've made and found at the stores (and those cute baby pics)!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Bev

Thumbnail by Sundownr

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2011
8:12 AM

Post #8768410

Great stuff there Elfie. I love the stuff you do!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 21, 2011
3:59 PM

Post #8769365

Kris, now how did you go and break your foot??? Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.
Love all the great finds you got! Nice job!
Love that mini bunny too! He is so cute!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 23, 2011
7:05 PM

Post #8773802

Take care of yourself and your foot, Elfie. You always have a knack for finding the neatest stuff. Have you thought about making a mini Camper's Paradise Garden? Those adorable pots and pans just might be the inspiration.

I found a Gazebo today for my beach garden for .50 and a mini scene with gulls for $1.

The plants reserved for my Bud are still looking good!
ChooChooGal
Hixson, TN

August 24, 2011
12:29 AM

Post #8774109

Kris, Sure hope your foot is getting well. Good reason to stay inside with A/C.

Plants for my Bud are looking good.

My Fairy Garden, and surounding Plott. Both have plants. Plott has 5 different Gardenias,4 different Gingers, and 6 dwarf Pink Lillys.
It gets better by the Day. Am awaiting Dwarf fruit Trees. Strawberries are planted in long concrete planters. How can such a small area, need so much work, and water?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 24, 2011
8:16 AM

Post #8774478

If there are any typos here, please ignore them. I was working with one of the horses and was latching the center gate back on the trailer with a bungee cord because the rattle of the gate when she is loading startles her, and I was working with her on loading and unloading in the trailer. I had it wrapped 3 times and was just trying to hook the ends when she pulled on the rope. I think it was the bungee cord end that the sliced open my middle finger on my right hand at the middle joint, and maybe the latch on the gate. 3 1/2 hours later we left the emergency room with 11 stitches in it and it all wrapped up and a long splint that goes from past the tip of my finger to my wrist. The tip of the finger from the first joint to the tip is numb It could just be from the trauma or there could be nerve damage. They gave me the name of a hand surgeon to contact if it isn't better in a week or 2. It looked pretty yucky, I could see a little tendon or nerve or something inside the gash that was still in tact. We (DH and I) sat in the waiting room for 2 1/2 hours! That is just unreal!!! I was in such pain. I hate ER's.

So, I am off work today. Going to take it easy and maybe go back tomorrow. We are just about finished getting the place ready for closure. We are working 4 hours a day and getting paid for 8. We have a contract with the state until Sept. 30th, so they have to pay us until then whether we work or they send us home on administrative leave, which we do not have to use any of our vacation time for.

Everyone heard about the earthquake in the Northeast? Hope all those in the EQ area checks in to let us know they are OK. We had a 4.8 EQ here a few months ago. I was setting in my office and I could see the walls shaking and my chair...it was freaky. I hadn't ever been in one I could feel as much as that one. We have a fault that runs through OK. When I lived near West Plains, MO I was required to have EQ insurance as I lived about 3 miles from a fault line.

Well, that's all for now. Have a great day!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 24, 2011
1:23 PM

Post #8774885

Oh my goodness so much going on. Kris I hope your foot is getting over the pain stage and starting to heal now. Patti I hope your finger/hand is better soon. Anyone else on the injured list? Ditto on the folks on the earth quake region checking in with us. I pray everyone there is ok. My daughter and SIL felt it in Newport, NC. They're evacuating tomorrow to Raligh,NC till after the hurricane. He's Coast Guard and is in on the planning of rescue efforts.
Going home from Moms this afternoon. Expecting some plants by mail tomorrow or friday. Got some exciting news to tell y'all. A while back I had asked Janit at http://www.twogreenthumbs.com if certain plants of hers would grow in my hot coastal area. Well yesterday I got an email from her asking if I would be interested in test growing some miniature trees for her. I thought it was such an honor just to be asked. Anyway you know I said "YES!"

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 24, 2011
1:51 PM

Post #8774917

Kris where are you! Hopefully you have that foot propped up on ice?

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

August 24, 2011
5:48 PM

Post #8775235

...i's beez still here...seems ta me that hiding under the table is good idea...specially when's there's an EARTHQUAKE!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 24, 2011
7:45 PM

Post #8775443

Hang in there Jax, you may be getting lots of wind and rain in a few days!

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2011
2:50 AM

Post #8775670

me flowers gonna blow away!!!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 25, 2011
6:06 AM

Post #8775805

Just checking in,, Sorry to be gone so much. Not doing much here. I did not break anything. They are thinking I have nerve damage and could be going for surgery if the pain in my foot doesnot go away with the cast. So here I be not doing anything at all except sleeping for the next 6 weeks,,sigh..

Sorry to hear about your hand Crit. That sounds much worse than my little foot problems.

Ohh wish I could be a test grower!! Send lots of pics..
Huggs

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2011
7:03 AM

Post #8775842

Kris, praying it is just a sprain and will heal quickly! Sprains can be worse than a break sometimes.

Keep your foot elevated, and listen to the Dr.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2011
12:45 PM

Post #8776416

Hope our injured and sick members are feeling better. Those in the path of Irene are in my prayers.

Just a reminder... Our accessories can and will fade in the outdoors. Especially in the sun. Krylon has a UV protectant that helps prevent this. I purchase it at Walmart for $4 + change. Two coats should be enough.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2011
4:22 PM

Post #8776793

My doc told me a sprain is worse than a break and takes longer to heal.

Good news here is Frisky loaded right into the trailer today ... no problem! :-)

DH came home and said "your doing that again?" I said "why sure". Course, he knew I was nuts when he married me. tee hee Can do it once and not ring re-inforce it or all you did the first time *including getting hurt* was for naught.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2011
10:38 PM

Post #8777403

A few years ago I sprained both ankles at the same time. Missery! Tore ligaments in both an now they just buckle sometimes. Ouch! Hope you don't have that problem Kris. Please don't try to walk to soon as I did that and regretted it.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 26, 2011
4:21 AM

Post #8777513

Everyone on the east coast, please be safe. There is a mandatory evacuation order for North Carolina. Please listen, and get to a safe area?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 26, 2011
5:05 AM

Post #8777561

Prayers for everyone in path of the 'cane.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 26, 2011
8:19 AM

Post #8777877

Daughter, SIL and two baby girls evacuated to Raligh, NC. They live in Newport. He's Coast Guard, stationed on Emerald Isle. Projected path goes right over their house. Please keep them in your prayers. Thank you, Laney

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 26, 2011
9:59 AM

Post #8778081

No one seems to know exactly what is wrong with the foot. It has been hurting for over a year and suddenly got worse. So hence the cast. If this does not work they are talking about cutting some kind of nerve that will stop the pain?? I am not loving the idea.

Storm should miss us!! But do hope all our eastern coast friends will stay safe and find a way to let us know they are ok..
Huggs

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 26, 2011
11:02 AM

Post #8778144

Kris are you or have you taken the antibiotic levaquin? it affects the achilles tendon.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2007/08/24/evaquin-leads-t/

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 26, 2011
1:36 PM

Post #8778348

I will have to check. I went and read everything and this sounds just like everything that is happening to me.. And there is no cure??
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 26, 2011
1:42 PM

Post #8778355

Prayers are with everyone who is in the path of this 'cane. Please let us know you are OK when it is all over. You know we will worry until we hear from you, please?
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

August 26, 2011
3:48 PM

Post #8778551

This is just like my park bench! I may need to get this!

http://store.dollhousecollectables.com/a0029.html

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 26, 2011
6:49 PM

Post #8778824

Irisluvr welcome home! How was your trip? How do you feel about flying now? Hope y'all had loads of fun. It's good to see you post again. You have been missed.
I worked on my garden some today but was so disappointed when my plants didn't come today. Just baby tears... but still plants.

This message was edited Aug 26, 2011 7:52 PM
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

August 26, 2011
7:24 PM

Post #8778859

Thanks joycerogers0713! We had an awesome trip! There are no pictures that compare to the vastness of the Grand Canyon! Did I mention I'm afraid of heights??? I was ok as long as there was a fence at the edge but some of those lookout points don't have a fence. Yep, I freaked when my DD, DGS and DH walked right up to the edge to look over. I had to walk away to another spot. Then I was outvoted and we walked along the rim from one lookout to the next...close to a mile walk. Longest mile I have ever walked! I don't feel any better about flying but it does get us there a lot faster! We left Phoenix at 4:30pm (our time...1:30 Phoenix time) and touched down in Indy at 10:30pm our time. Each flight was over 2 hours...close to 2 1/2 hours. Still not a fan.
The weather here is nice...cooler temps and sunny today. Hope tomorrow is the same...I have lots of plans for working in the yard until 3:00pm. I had some plants come while I was away...Siberian Iris from Schreiners. Have them soaking and want to plant them tomorrow.
We babysit for 2 of the grandkids at 4:00pm...the newest baby (born April 11) and her 5 year old brother. Can't wait!
oldmansdarlin
Clifton, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 26, 2011
8:02 PM

Post #8778908

Just checking in. Haven't been able to do any gardening. The weather in Texas is terrible right now. Over 40 days of over 100 degree temps. Drought so bad all my trees have lost their leaves. I water as much as I can but it doesn't seem to do any good. The spring fed creek at the back of our property is completely dry. All my plants have died. The water is not doing any good. The sun is frying them. I can't wait for fall. I will be buying all new plants and starting over. I have a 4 by 20 ft flowerbed at the front of my house that is mostly shade. I am going to be creating my fairy garden there. I have to wait until the temps get below 100 to do any work out there. Tried to clean it out a few days ago and almost passed out from the heat. Sorry to hear about everyone's ailments. Hope you all get better soon.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 27, 2011
8:33 AM

Post #8779524

irisluvr... I'm right there with you on the fear of heights. Or is it the fear of falling? Not sure which. Glad you had a good time. But I LOVE to fly!

We have finally had a break from our contant 100* temps. Have a couple days, then down in the 90's, then back up. I've lost so many plants and a couple of my pine trees. :-( UGH

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

August 27, 2011
1:54 PM

Post #8779910

...where is everybodies? yall scrid of Irene????

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 27, 2011
6:16 PM

Post #8780234

Not here! Just taking it easy this week-end.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 27, 2011
11:26 PM

Post #8780558

Chell check out this Hobbit House! http://www.odditycentral.com/news/real-life-hobbit-shire-exists-in-the-hillsides-of-montana.html

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 27, 2011
11:30 PM

Post #8780559

jsx after surviving Hurricane Katrina... Irene is just a summer shower! lol
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 28, 2011
7:06 AM

Post #8780849

lol @ joyce

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ PLEASE Re-post this heart prayer balloon for all the families along the Eastern coast of the US as they get ready for hurricane Irene!! God bless & keep them all safe!!! Please

I see the hand surgeon on Wednesday. Still have numbness on the tip and down the side of my finger. Hope I don't have to learn to type like this permanently. I do pretty well, but not the 70 wpm I use to do. :-)

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 28, 2011
7:54 AM

Post #8780919

Crit I hope you get a good report Wednesday or at least find out that the Doc can help you. Please post and let us know. Well my plants didn't come in Saturdy either and she mailed them Tuesday. I always get my orders from her within three days. Fraid it may be postal screw up. I just hope they are still alive when they do get here. I've been awake since 8:30 yesterday morning and it's 10 am now so I'm finally going to bed. Later everyone, Laney

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

August 28, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8781063

luving that heart balloon! i still here! no major damage, some debris and lots of water, flooded street. Funny, i re-did the fairy garden in prep for new theme... was considering putting a small pond in...Irene done went and put a nice one in fer me! ...looks like i jist dong one out!!!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 28, 2011
3:14 PM

Post #8781658

lol jax

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

August 28, 2011
4:20 PM

Post #8781754

WHEW!...rough week! 4 in rain flood my street last sunday! earthquake scrid me ta death tueday! Irene party on sat...and who gits ta clean up behind all this...me! i gonna stay wit me big sis! i needs a rest!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2011
4:31 PM

Post #8781781

Joyce, I love that hobbit house!

Jax, you have been through so much just have another cuppa!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 28, 2011
5:28 PM

Post #8781868

Jax come stay with me on the pond. I have tiny space but big tv!! And Ralph is gone so much we will never see him so we can play with all my toys here.

Love Love the hobbit house!! I want one!!

LK,, that medicine is one they gave me,, took it for 10 days ,, DARN IT. Now what do I do??
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 28, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8782042

What natural disaster is gonna hit next...mounds of snow in Winter?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be so glad to say good-bye to this long hot Summer. My heart goes out to ya'll in drought areas. Hang on, Fall is just around the corner:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1216694/

chellflower
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
7:16 AM

Post #8782767

Joyce, thanks for the link...that hobbit house is so cool. I really like the etched glass door of Gandalf! In the video I saw lots of ideas for mini gardens too!

we made some cool furniture pieces yesterday for my swap buddy...it's amazing what you can do with craft sticks! I just hope the scale fits my buddy's mini garden.

Still in drought here...caught myself drooling over the hurricane while watching the weather this week. Hope everyone on the east coast has made out ok. My niece just moved to maryland, but she's far enuf inland that they only got real bad T'storms and high winds from Irene.

Having a great day today...the kids are at school, I paid off my house this morning via phone (yea!!!), plan to do a tiny bit of cleaning and spend the rest of the day enjoying my hobbies.

Y'all have a great day!!!
C

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 29, 2011
7:36 AM

Post #8782814

Kris are you awake?
Your next step is to call a lawyer, about your problem. If you can, go to the pharmacy, and tell them you want a print our of the meds you have taken, so you have proof you took it. Then ask your Dr. if this is what it may be?

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
7:37 AM

Post #8782816

Thankful east coast friends n family all ok. I'm down in my back today. Walking all bent over n trying to stay on heating pad. Hate being in so much pain n out of pain meds. Just gonna take it easy n not do anything. Wanted to work on fairy garden but just not able. Hope plants come today.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 29, 2011
7:45 AM

Post #8782832

Joyce, what did you o to your back? My chiropractor tells me to alternate the heating pad with ice packs. It does help.
Hope your feeling better soon!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 29, 2011
10:49 AM

Post #8783157

I went to the laundry mat this morning and met the nicest local couple. They told me that the local hospital has a fitness center that teaches water aerobics and a couple of strength building classes for people like me. I just got back from my meeting with them and I am proud to say I will starting classes as of this Wednesday!!!
Also called my workman comp doctors and requested my prescription records so that I can see what is going on with thew meds I took. I will be following some expert advice on that one. So it has been a tiring but very worthwhile morning. So now to sit and relax some before I get out my clay and take some of the online classes I signed up for this week!!

Have a great day all!!!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
11:55 AM

Post #8783265

I've got a lot wrong with my lower back. Degerative bone disease, scolosiss, spinal stinosis, two bulging disk and pinched siatic nerve. Was in wheelchair for a year but epidural got me out of it. Sometimes like now bone fagments press nerves. Specialist said surgery last resort since so much is wrong.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
1:55 PM

Post #8783454

My plants came today!!! Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow n will be able to get them planted. The trees are the ones for me to test grow. I'm so excited!excited!

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

August 29, 2011
2:36 PM

Post #8783514

Love those little plants, how darn cute are they!

Joyce I had not thought of Emerald Isle in forever, lived in NC in the late 1960's and that is where we went to the beach, and it was so beautiful! I loved that place, in fact the day of the moon walk we went to the beach came home and was watching and waiting and then I must of fallen a sleep right as they opened the hatch and didn't wake up until they were closing it... so funny haven't thought about that in a million years!

Hope everyone got a little rain if they wanted it and no one got 7 inches of rain.

This message was edited Aug 29, 2011 3:37 PM

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

August 29, 2011
4:12 PM

Post #8783677

fotv...i did not sign up for the "mounds of snow"!!! so count mez out!
chellflower...where in md did you niece move?
joyce...those trees are bootiful...where ya get them?
yes, the hobbit house is bootiful, so unusual! now, why didnt i think of that????
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 29, 2011
4:15 PM

Post #8783679

Evening everyone! I sure wish I could will away the pain so many of you are in. At least we're still alive and kicking, even if it isn't as high as we used to.

Congrats, Chell, for getting the mortgage monkey off your back. When we paid off our house several years ago, the bank notified us the old-fashioned way through the mail with a cover letter and our satisfied Deed.

Emerald Isle is such a beautiful place and is just around the corner from our fav vacation spot on the Outer Banks. The only time I ever slept in a tent was one night at a campground just West of there. It rained buckets that night and swore if our tent didn't float away and I didn't have to get dressed in the middle of the night and hurt for a flashlight just to go pee, I'd never go camping again without a roof over head.

My next project is figuring out which plants I have for my Buddy that are hardy in her Zone and which ones aren't so I can include the info in a note. It'll help me too since we're going to be sharing several of the same plants. Could be an interesting experiment.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 29, 2011
4:56 PM

Post #8783733

Ohhh love the trees!! I want some!! lol.

I am going to try to be a better hostess and check in everyday. Everyone please feel free to d-mail me if you have questions. Also donot forget we are mailing out by the end of September. So you all have time.

There are several folks here who have not posted the sizes of you containers, I really REALLY WISH YOU WOULD AS YOUR SWAP BUDDY NEEDS THEM,,, HINT HINT,, OK,, NOT A HINT,, BUT TRYING TO BE NICE,,,HEE HEE

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8784150

My daughtar n SIL loving living in Newport. He was commander at the Coast Guard station on Emerald Isle. He still there but got promotion.
Ok girls... You know I couldn't' stay on the heating pad for long. Felt better this evening so had to work on the garden. It got dark on me but here is what it looks like now.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
8:08 PM

Post #8784155

Before dark...

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
8:14 PM

Post #8784168

Oh I forgot. The trees came from http://WWW.twogreenthumbs.com Elwood's Blue Cypress and Monteray Cypress and both sell for $12.95. If you order anything tell her I recommend her. Thanks, Laney

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 30, 2011
2:12 AM

Post #8784423

Two little old ladies were sitting in church listening to an extra long sermon when one leaned over and said to the other, "I've been sitting here so long my butt went to sleep." The other little old lady leaned back toward the first and said, "I know. I heard it snore three times."

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 30, 2011
4:05 AM

Post #8784490

On the container garden forum TOMTOM posted very datailed directions on how to make papercrete pote (Post #1177371). It sounds very simple, messy but fun. These containers would be great for our little gardens and they survive her Japan winters. Please check it out and let me know what you think or if you have ever done this I would love to know your results.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2011 5:49 AM

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 30, 2011
4:48 AM

Post #8784561

Here's a pic of one of her containers.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 30, 2011
4:54 AM

Post #8784579

Laney, that is just tooooooooooooooo adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL on the joke!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 30, 2011
4:55 AM

Post #8784581

That pot is great! Will have to check that out. I like messy! lol
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

August 30, 2011
6:50 AM

Post #8784757

I printed off his directions probably 3 years ago, I thought they were just too cool and I am always looking for pots. Tell you I know this isn't minature but I am so tired of big pots being huge at top with this tiny little bottom and everytime the wind blows those pots fall over with my hibiscus, ee's, plumeria's, and banana trees. I must sit them back up right every day at least, then they have broken limbs or fall over on something else and break that. Maybe I will get with it this winter and make some pots that will stand upright. Heavens I sure can't afford to buy them. I have a 55 gallon drum mover, that I bought at a car swap meet and that is how I move the pots around without having to plead with DH. Sure has kept down alot of arguments...rofl.

Thumbnail by happgarden

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 30, 2011
7:15 AM

Post #8784787

When I worked at the nursery we used to hammer rebar through the potting soil and down into
the ground about 18 inches. Was hard work but didn't have to pick up trees and large plants several times a day.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

August 30, 2011
8:36 AM

Post #8784885

Joyce, I do that with the garden ornaments because the dogs run over them if I don't, let alone the wind, alot of my pots (I know I know) do not have drainage holes because they come into my solar room and my garden room and I don't like the water running everywhere but that is a good idea to do with the pots that have holes in them. hummmmm. I have lots of rebar I use for the dahlias to climb on, which may be something I stop planting becasue overwintering them is a pain...

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 30, 2011
9:12 AM

Post #8784960

Hap, down here dahlias are perennials, but most bulbs must be dug and refrigerated. Pros and cons in all zones! That drum mover is awsome. I could use it on this bad boy...

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 30, 2011
9:17 AM

Post #8784965

Oops pic didn't up load.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

August 30, 2011
12:26 PM

Post #8785240

That is a beauty for sure. What is it called?

I know you don't have enough cold and I have too much cold...all my tropicals are grown in pots because you never know around here when the frost is going to hit so I have to be prepared and digging into the middle of the night is not something I like to do... ;) Sides it is cold and I don't like cold...

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 30, 2011
3:55 PM

Post #8785579

Joyce it's a Monstera deliciosa (Split leaf philodendron). It freezes in winter here in zone 8 but comes back in spring. I love it. The average leaf is 34" x 28". I get a lot of comments on it. I wanted to move it to the back porch where it will get more shade, some of the outer leaves scorch, but I can't figure out how to do it. I need to borrow your drum mover! lol
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 31, 2011
5:05 AM

Post #8786433

I have one of those plants and just LOVE IT. Had it where it got afternoon sun, but the leaves scorched too so had to move it.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

August 31, 2011
6:59 AM

Post #8786605

Soooo envious of you all who can grow that stuff outside... ;)
Yes, you need my plant mover, I got it at a car parts swap meet that I went to with DH. I have found so much good stuff at those things...rofl. I bought an old trike, it is on the front porch and put a basket of flowers on the front of it, course the pot mover, flower pots, an old wooden box with the sticker on the front that has a name of a seed company on the front, the corner posts to make raised beds with, a counter top from an old soda fountain store (that is in the garden room with names scratched into it) along with the stools, gosh all kinds of cool stuff for little of nothing.

Going to try and mail my buddies stuff out next week! Try is the key word...rofl.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2011
11:31 AM

Post #8787096

Wish I had access to cool stuff like that and room to put it. Such an adjustment going from big house on 43 acres to one bedroom apartment. That's why mini gardens!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

August 31, 2011
12:47 PM

Post #8787187

Wow that would be an adjustment to say the least. Anytime you want out of the city you can come up north and help me... ;) I don't have 43 acres but enough to get into trouble with.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2011
1:01 PM

Post #8787200

lol that'd be great! I love getting my hands dirty!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 31, 2011
8:28 PM

Post #8787877

What a sweet pic, Laney.

OK Elfie, I've changed my mind from making my mini Beach garden in the itty bitty little red wagon to a full size Red Flyer. It's old and already has rusted out holes in the bottom for drainage. I'll take a pic and let cha know its dimensions.

I didn't have the heart to drill holes in my new one that's a popular watering hole for the kitties.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2011
8:37 PM

Post #8787892

Thanks Susan, I thought it was a sweet pic too. I couldn't thind of a better use for the little red wagon! Beautiful furry friend.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 1, 2011
11:59 AM

Post #8788771

Hello all,
Well I did my classes yesterday in the pool, I was very distracted by the wonderful and very good looking coach. He is just about 1/.3rd my age and it was hard not to stare!! Yup just what I needed to get me though 11 and 1/2 hours of rigorous exercising was pretty eye candy!! Ok,, just kidding, but he was very good at his job and I am sooo sore today,, he warned me but I really did not believe him,,sigh,,

Anyway, back to the real world of miniature gardening, I got in a put together kit today and am working on it. This will be going out to my swap buddy as soon as I get it all painted and sealed. Also have ordered the plants for the swap so I am in good shape to mail in the next 2 weeks.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2011
12:30 PM

Post #8788807

Uhhh, Mud Elffy, you must of been distracted if you exercised for 11 1/2 hours! and no wonder your are sore...rofl
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2011
12:56 PM

Post #8788842

that is a long exercise class! must have been really awesome eye candy in which case I could probably exercise for 11 1/2 hours too!!! great distraction lol!

we love you elfie!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 1, 2011
5:17 PM

Post #8789257

Girls... Is our sweet innocent Elfie turning into a "Cougar"??? lol Elfie tell us the 11 1/2 hours was a typo as I hurt just thinking about it! I too have everything ready for my swap buddy and just waiting for mail out day! Can't wait!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 1, 2011
5:29 PM

Post #8789284

Elfie this is for you:
Woman’s Week at the Gym
Dear Diary,
For my birthday this year, my husband (the dear) purchased a week of personal training at the local health club for me. Although I am still in great shape since being a high school cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.
I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Christo, who identified himself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swimwear.
My husband seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.
MONDAY:
Started my day at 6 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Christo waiting for me. He is something of a Greek god – with blond hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woooooo Hoooo! Christo gave me a tour and showed me the machines. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he conducted his aerobics class after my workout today. Very Inspiring! Christo was encouraging as I did my sit-ups although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!!
TUESDAY:
I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Christo made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then he put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. His rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT! It’s a whole new life for me.
WEDNESDAY:
This morning the only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn’t try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot. Christo was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. His voice is a little too perky for that early in the morning and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying. My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Christo put me on the stair monster. Why the heck would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Christo told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. He said some other s@#t, too.
THURSDAY:
As@#ole was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth exposed as his thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn’t help being a half hour late – it took me that long to tie my shoes. He took me to work out with dumbbells. When he was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. He sent some skinny b#tch to find me. Then, as punishment, he put me on the rowing machine – which I sank.
FRIDAY:
I hate that bastard Christo more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic instructor. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat him with it. Christo wanted me to work on my triceps. I don’t have any triceps! And if you don’t want dents in the floor, don’t hand me the dam@ barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich. The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher. Why couldn’t it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?
SATURDAY:
Satan left a message on my answering machine in his grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing his voice made me want to smash the machine with my planner; however, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel.
SUNDAY:
I’m having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and THANK GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my husband (the little sh#t) will choose a gift for me that is fun – like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 1, 2011
5:58 PM

Post #8789319

OMG!! I laughed till I cried!!

Humm it was 1 and 1/2 not 11 &1/2 .. I will not be able to look at him without busting out laughing tomorrow...lol
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8789355

rofl...glad I didn't read that at work cause I wouldn't have been able to contain myself...rofl and glad you have to face him Elfie...rofl.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 1, 2011
8:14 PM

Post #8789537

ROFL!! That was a good one... much needed laugh!! Thanks Laney!

Lovin' all the pics and ideas. The papercrete is a "must do" on my list. I never did get around to trying the hypertufa (sp), but this seems much easier.

Hope all are feeling better.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 2, 2011
9:24 AM

Post #8790187

Rain!!! Blessed rain. Tropical depression in the gulf is predicted to bring us a lot of rain this weekend. Its raining as I type this sitting on my porch and the smell of it is wonderful.

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 2, 2011
6:05 PM

Post #8790741

...laughed so hard...the tears rolled down me legs!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2011
6:04 AM

Post #8791244

So I go to class yesterday and one look at my young god Johnathan and I burst into laughter and giggled all the way though the class. He kept asking me what was so funny and I just laughed even more. Finally I told him what the laughter was all about and he insisted he wants to read the "joke" so we pulled it up on the computer in the office and he laughed his butt off to, said he appreciated the fact that we thought he was kind of nice looking. He is such a sweet kid. Told me yesterday about how when he was born he had a hole in his heart so he had surgery and now one side of his chest is bigger than the other so he feels unattractive at best. I told him it was not even noticeable until he pointed it out to me. So all in all he took it well and I was not to very embarrassed,,,lol
He made me do a lot more yesterday and I am sore this morning, but it is a good sore not an I am going to die sore. They offer yoga classes to and I am going to start that as soon as he says I am ready!! I cannot believe all they offer for only $40.00 a moth and they are going to try to get my insurance to cover it as physical therapy so I will not even have to pay that part!! But frankly it is worth every penny, I love the class and I am meeting other local ladies so I should make some friends here soon. Not that any of them could replace all the folks here who I love soooo much!! I just wish you were all closer and we could garden together,,sigh
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 3, 2011
7:36 AM

Post #8791340

So funny about the instructor!

Went to a craft fair yesterday and found something for my buddy...yeah! Hope they like it cause I sure do, in fact I bought my self one several years ago, which is a good thing or I wouldn't be able to give this up.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 3, 2011
5:10 PM

Post #8791915

Elf this is all just too funny! I can just picture you trying to exercise with the silly giggles.
Happ how I would love to go to a craft fair. So much to see. You are now officially envied!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 4, 2011
10:35 AM

Post #8792779

Love that joke! Kris, I can just hear you giggling through therapy! LOL!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 9, 2011
6:49 AM

Post #8800414

Hey everyone, We sure are quiet here. I am having internet problems here and there. But I do have my box 95% ready to go so it will be mailed out by the 15th!!!! Sure hope my swap buddy likes it!

I have to go to the other house this weekend and will be firing up the kiln while I am there. I have a few little things I have been able to make while I have been sitting here and hope to get everything fired tonight and then back in the kiln tomorrow night to re-fire. It will be a tight schedule but hopefully I will get it all done before I come home on Sunday.

I had the worst day yesterday. It was a comedy of errors, First I killed the battery of my car and had to miss my water aerobics class, then when I was trying to get back in the RV I broke the key off in the lock!!!. So I had to take the screws out of an window I had left open then get on a ladder and squeeze my big fat self though an opening that was just big enough for a child. Needless to say I go stuck half way though the window and then knocked stuff off the shelf flailing around like a trapped fish,, I broke a couple of things I really love,,boohoo,, but finally got unstuck and fell to the floor. Then I had to take the deadbolt apart from the inside and now we are ordering a new lock as they have none available right now,,,sigh. If you all had seen me you would have rolled around on the floor just laughing. Go ahead and laugh,, it is ok,,, lol

Be back on Sunday if I do not do something else to ruin my week...heehee
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 9, 2011
7:27 AM

Post #8800451

OMG, what a comedy of horrors to happen all at one time, guess you are lucky no one called the police on you when you were stuck in the window thinking you were breaking in!

Mine buddies presents are coming from two places, so they will receive two boxes, one from me and one from somewhere else. I will probably order and mail this weekend.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2011
7:58 AM

Post #8800479

Elfie...Smile, you'r on Candid Camera! Or better yet, "You just won $100,000 on Americas Funniest Home Video's!"

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 9, 2011
8:11 AM

Post #8800498

lol,, finished getting ready so I will be leaving in an hour or so,,, Wish I did win the $100,000 on Americas Funniest Home Video's!" I could really use the cash.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2011
8:49 AM

Post #8800532

Elfie,
LOL, sounds like you have my kind of luck!! I really hate you had to go through all that and glad you didn't break yourself instead of those other things!

I think my buddies box is getting closer to being finished too. I just have to locate a thing or two and I'll be done. I finally got around to redoing my mini-garden (after the neighbor's dog ate it). I'll post a couple of pics so my buddy will know what I have to work with.

This pic is an overall view...

Thumbnail by Sundownr

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8800537

This pic shows my troll with a quarter to help show the scale I'm working with.

Thumbnail by Sundownr

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2011
8:53 AM

Post #8800541

This pic is a close up of the campfire, marshmallows being roasted, and the troll bench.

Thumbnail by Sundownr

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2011
4:25 PM

Post #8801167

Probably not funny at the time, Elfie, but you gave me a great laugh like I was right there with you! Enjoy being at home.

Very clever, Bev. Hope you weren't flooded by the storms. Local news reports down your way looked pretty nasty earlier in the week with tornado watches to boot.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2011
4:51 PM

Post #8801204

Hey Susan,
It was scary with the tornado warnings and watches. We had never-ending torrential rains with a little wind. I stayed off the computer for a few days with all the thunderstorms, too. We live a little ways up a mountain so our water woes are temporary with no immediate threat of flooding. The communities around us had some horrible stories though. Did y'all have flooding or damage from the storms? Cana got hit by a tornado!!

The campfire is made into a jar lid so it's portable. I used a glob of kid's red glitter glue to hold some of the charcoal in place and when the sun hits it, it looks like burning embers, lol. I'm having fun with this swap so far and learning as much as possible about, and experimenting with, papercrete... fascinating and entertaining (for me).

It's TV time with the DH, y'all have fun!!
--
Bev

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2011
5:16 PM

Post #8801256

...snif...snif! jax not having fun! gitting fraustrated... cuz the thingamabob is not laying right...the whatchamacallit is not sitting high enuff...and this wants ta fall east an i want it ta fall west! how come yalls look all neat and realistic an purty???? mine looks like a overgrown mudpie??? wat i dood wrong????
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2011

Post #8801283

We were under a tornado watch til 4 that morning. DH is a weather bug and was up and down most of the night. One time he woke me up to ask if our homeowner's insurance was paid...lol He told me the next morning the clouds were really swirling and the winds were more severe than they usually are up here on our gentle slope, but that was pretty much it except for 7" or so of rain. We had a few standing puddles in the yard here and there the next day for a few hours and are very fortunate compared to other communities, especially Cana.

chellflower
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2011
5:44 PM

Post #8801301

Elfie, too bad a neighbor wasn't video taping your situation. Sorry to hear about your broken trinkets, but glad you got in okay. days like that make me look forward to bedtime so I can forget the whole day!

Geez, 7" !!! If we got that much right now, the soil would probably just soak it right up, LOL! Hope no one got any bad damage/injuries from all that rain.

I've got alot of stuff for my buddy's box too...trying to come up with more before mailing. Sure wish I knew what scale her garden is, but I am sending a variety of sizes just in case --what won't fit the current mini garden will help her with ideas for others ;)

time to go water the cactus garden...our poor cacti are lookin a bit droopy.

Y'all have a great evening!

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2011
6:59 PM

Post #8801424

...would love to send yall an oil tankerd fulla water! I DONT NEED IT!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2011
9:27 PM

Post #8801633

We got 10 - 11 inches of rain here from tropical storm Lee. At least we now have a few cooler days. Highs in the mid 80's and lows in the 60's. Beautiful weather finally. I got an order in from http://www.miniforest Thursday and everything was beautiful and healthy. I was so happy. I divided some of the plants to share with my buddy. Anyway I'm ready to box and send when ever Elfe gives the go ahead. We do wait for a go ahead don't we??? I've never done a swap before so y'all gotta tell me these things.

Ya know Elfie I was thinking it's a good thing you taking those exercise classes or you may not have been limber enough to make it through the window!

Bev, I love the troll garden. You did an awsome job on the patio. And the roasting marshmellows are just too cute. The red glitter glue was ingenious.

jsx, when things didn't go right for me my late father used to tell me I was holding my toungue wrong! Thanks for causing that memory to surface. I enjoy it so when people and situations remind me of him.

Chell, you're right about your buddy using items in her next mini garden. It's like eating potato chips. You can't make just one!

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 10, 2011
3:35 AM

Post #8801817

thanks joycerodgers, that is exactly the problem! but i know what ya mean! now, if i could only lay me tougue on the table...like i do me teeth!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 10, 2011
4:25 AM

Post #8801847

http://www.michaels.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Michaels-Site/default/Search-AdvancedSearch?cgid=entire&simplesearch=Search&q=halloween lemax

Look at these cute little halloween items I saw at Michaels yesterday! I almost picked some up, but then realized this was not a halloween swap! They were just so cute! They had more than what they are showing on the website, like little benches that had spider designs...

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 10, 2011
3:52 PM

Post #8802642

jsx you so funny!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 11, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8803476

I saw on the news that 1000 homes and 10000 acres were burnt in TX from the wild fires. Prayers to all those that have lost something in those fires! And to the fighters trying to get them under control!

I wish I knew my buddies scale garden too. As this is my first swap here, I don't want to mess up and her feel slighted!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be my first mimi garden so whatever my buddy sends will be my start.

My mom use to say I wasnt holding my tongue right too. Thanks for the memory.

We are still in drought mode here too. Whenever I see a slightly dark or thunderhead building, I pray we get some rain out of it.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 11, 2011
10:00 AM

Post #8803566

OH SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just realized one of the things I was planning to MAKE for my swap buddy, I CAN'T. :-( I have this stupid cast on my right hand and can't do it with just my left hand. DRAT, DRAT, DRAT!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a mimosa tree stump that we had to cut down this spring. We are going to dig out in front of it and put in a pond. I am going to leave some of the suckers that are coming up from the roots as part of the background, and keep them trimmed down. Then have a miniature garden somewhere in the design, along with plants planted around it. Add a pump and some fish and walaaaaaaaaa...oasis in my back yard! :-)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 11, 2011
10:10 AM

Post #8803570

guess I should post the pic. LOL

Thumbnail by Crit

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 11, 2011
6:39 PM

Post #8804200

Good spot. Are you going to dig out the stump or leave it for a container garden?
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 11, 2011
7:06 PM

Post #8804240

Since I don't have anything for a mini garden so size doesn't matter at this point for me. My first garden and my first swap like this. I have lost one of the pieces I bought, thought I would mail tomorrow but that isn't going to happen until I find it...geezh!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 11, 2011
7:46 PM

Post #8804311

We are going to leave the stump there. From 3 sides it will be a stool to set on and look down into the pond, or maybe set potted plants on. We will just dig out in front of it to make the pond.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2011
9:46 PM

Post #8804449

Even with all the rain we had (5"+), the sump pump in the basement has yet to turn on. I think the water didn't get a chance to sink in the ground very far. My heart goes out to the ones flooded from the storms and displaced by the horrible fires in TX. I know they could have used a little water! Hope all are safe now!

Chell, I feel the same as Laney about using what we get from this swap in this mini-garden or the next!! I have a couple minis already (toad and troll) and have a couple more planned (fairy and gnome). I know I'll be tickled to get whatever my buddy sends me!!

Crit, I believe you have lots of possibilities with that stump along side a pond, like placing a big pot saucer on it for use as a birdbath, critter feeding dish, butterfly water dish, or use a big circular stepping stone as a table for short people/kids; or maybe you could carve it into a mini lakeside cottage!! We had a huge oak that was cut down within 4" of the ground so we placed a big concrete pad over it then set a half-barrel planter on the pad. I think we're usually more creative at covering up than trying to create ideas out of thin air!

Have fun y'all!

Thumbnail by Sundownr

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 12, 2011
1:30 AM

Post #8804521

wat a purty idea! hhhmmm! kin i use that one?

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 12, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8804748

jsx, Sure ya can. I found the plans online a few years ago. It's a tipsy-pot!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2011
6:34 AM

Post #8804796

Just poping in to say hi, I am still in Smiths Station and things are not going as good as I had hoped. I will report in later this week when I get home as I am going to be here for a few more days after all,,,sigh...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2011
7:15 AM

Post #8804867

Take care of yourself Kris! Post when you can!
oldmansdarlin
Clifton, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 12, 2011
8:22 AM

Post #8804964

Hello all! Just stopped by to see how everyone is doing. I just realized I had not posted in a while and have never said what my pot for the mini garden swap will be. Well, there is a good reason for that... I haven't a clue. This is my first mini garden so whatever my swap buddy sends me will be my start. The scale does not matter as I have a large flower bed that I may divide to make sort of an ongoing project to create a mini town. As for the buddy I am sending to, I wish I new the scale of their garden so I make sure I don't send something too small. I have already purchased some things for them but don't want to be a disappointment when they arrive. Hope everyone is doing well.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 12, 2011
3:00 PM

Post #8805523

Yes, Bev...I had DH cut it off high on purpose.

Yes, OMD, I think several of us are in the same boat with this being our first swap like this and not sure what so send.

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 12, 2011
3:38 PM

Post #8805592

sundownr, a "tipsy" pot would fit real well here!!!!!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 12, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8805822

Yea - the hammock came in today!!! Hope y'all like it as much as I do.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 12, 2011
6:14 PM

Post #8805836

Joyce that is just too darn cute. I want that one...! I just love it.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 12, 2011
7:14 PM

Post #8805937

Thanks Joyce. I got it from http://www.miniaturegardenshoppe.com. All the other shops had it on back order. Must be a popular item.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 12, 2011
7:32 PM

Post #8805975

Bev, if your planter goes missing, I bet you can figure out who took it...lol!

oldmansdarlin, we're in the same boat. It's my first time too for a miniature plant swap and am getting lots of inspiration from you veterans. Whoever is sending to me, I'll work with the plants I get. Never met one I didn't like anyway.

Darn, Elfie, I still haven't taken pics of the rusty Red Flyer Wagon but I did measure and it's 36" long x 17.5" wide x 4.5" deep.

Really excited about the possibilities but I swear I need lessons, not to mention an imagination.

Laney, what is the greenish-purple plant beside your sidewalk that looks like a mini Elephant Ear?

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 12, 2011
8:04 PM

Post #8806036

Elfie, Take care!!

jsx, Our tipsy-pot fit in well around here too. It kinda meshed with everything else that is, or gets, tipsy lol!

Laney, Your mini garden is fantastic!!! I'm so envious of all the cuteness going on!

Susan, You can come visit my swingin' trolls anytime, no need for thiefin, lol. You don't need lessons either!! It's all about having fun and what makes YOU happy! That's why I love minis so much!

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2011
2:45 AM

Post #8806258

joycerogers, that looks soooo neat and purdy mine looks like a huricane hit it! wait a minute...one did!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2011
3:37 AM

Post #8806298

jsx, thanks bunches. Think I'll start another one tomorrow. Hurricanes, tornadoes, drought, floods, fires... nothing can keep a gardener down!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2011
6:11 PM

Post #8807323

Neither can the rock 'n roll of an earthquake.

Thanks for the invite and encouragement, Bev :)

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2011

Post #8807325

that is aan adorable garden

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2011
9:41 PM

Post #8807591

Thank you crit. Here's the back side with the test trees, an Elm tree between in them and the Dianthus ground cover.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2011
9:48 PM

Post #8807596

I used a chopstick for the birdhouse post. Also took out wooden bench in last pic. Just didn't look right.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2011
9:56 PM

Post #8807599

I think my fav in the whole thing is the rabbits.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2011
10:12 PM

Post #8807608

I've been thinking bout putting a fairy in there, but don't want it to look to cluttered. Whatcha think?

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2011
4:50 AM

Post #8807753

I think the fairy would be cute
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2011
4:53 AM

Post #8807757

I like the bench, but would scoot it over a bit in the clearing between the plants.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 14, 2011
11:29 AM

Post #8808212

Are these fairies to much???

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 14, 2011
1:40 PM

Post #8808356

I AM HOME!!!!!

I will read the thread tomorrow after Ralphie goes to work and catch you all up on my lonnnnnnnnng week!! I am just soo happy to be back! and have so much to do,.,, mail out time is coming up quickly for us all!!

I like both fairies,, but think one has to go?? Not sure which one though..

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 14, 2011
3:05 PM

Post #8808485

Never , and I mean never take a 134 year old boy who loves to do crafts to hobby lobby and say Ohh,, I forgot my list not what should I do??
Cause he will talk you into buying 2 of everything just in case you forgot something!!

Yup 50 2 oz packages of premo clay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and my oh my am I in trouble with the boss...

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2011
3:57 PM

Post #8808570

I agree with Elfie. Maybe just one fairy. They are adorable, but I kinda like the one by the lawnmower. lol We can always hope.

134 year old boy... now that would be a trick all in itself! LMBO The silliest things make me laugh!

Saw the surgeon today. Said it looked good even though it is still swollen. Stitches out, cast off ... I'm back to flipping the world off with a wrap on just the finger. LOL But I am SURE GLAD to get that cast off! :-) Go back in 4 weeks. Will probably take about 4 months before I start to get any feelings. He doesn't think I'll need any therapy on it. Praise the LORD! and all my friends for praying for me!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 14, 2011
6:06 PM

Post #8808744

Elf so glad you're home. Whats worse than forgetting your list at Hobby Lobby? Forgetting your wallet with check book and credit card in it. Yep I did that once. 45 minute drive one way and got to help Mom and Sis pick out what they wanted. :o(

Crit what great news. Hope the 4 months will fly by. Have you quit scratching where the cast was? Always looked forward to scratching when I'm in a cast.

Ok I took out the kneeling fairy. Daughter and SIL just left and wanted to take the mini garden home with them. They literally begged! I said I'd leave it to them in my will, so she immediately asked me how I was feeling!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2011
6:27 PM

Post #8808763

Kris, that is a lot of clay! Pretty colors.

LOL, so how are you feeling?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 14, 2011
7:22 PM

Post #8808868

I really need to check my typing huh?? Ok, Gryphon is 13 and he tells everyone he likes to shop til I drop!!

I am feeling better. Want to go to class tomorrow and get in the pool and stretch some. Cleaning a kitchen for goodness only knows how many hours is not my idea of fun. I also hope to do some painting tomorrow and show some pretty things to you all!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 15, 2011
4:48 AM

Post #8809168

OK, my HobbyLobby experience. Got to the checkout. Realized I had not gotten my wallet out of the bag from the hospital when I had my surgery. I had taken just my wallet in in case I had to show ID or something. Then I thought "it's all good, I have my checkbook". WRONG! I didn't have any ID to show! UGH! Luckily it was only $20+ and I had that much stashed in my hidie hole in my purse! lol I had gone by on my way home from physical therapy, but it was still out of the way and probably 45 miles from my house.

That's funny what your daughter said. Watch your back ! lol
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 16, 2011
4:44 PM

Post #8811466

LOL @ the Hobby Lobby experiences! When I cleaned out my wallet a couple of weeks ago I thought 'why am I carrying this heavy thing' and decided to just go with a small card holder to carry vitals in instead. Got a checkbook stashed in my purse as a back-up but use it so seldom.

Really glad you're back, Elfie. Whacha planning to make with the rainbow mountain of clay? A Gargoyle or a Dragon since Gryphon helped you shop? lol Have fun.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 17, 2011
4:06 PM

Post #8812549

Ok, That's it,, my name is now Murphy's Law. I just typed a ton of notes to tell everyone what has been going on and it all disappeared.. I give up,,,sigh
I will try this again,,, I had hand sculpted over 50 miniatures for everyone's gardens as a gift for joining the swap. I took them back to the house to be fired and they came out of the kiln just great!! Got here, set up my table to paint and do the final touches and the entire box is missing, just flat out gone, Called my brother at the house and he cannot find the box, called my daughter and it is not at her house either,,, I am sooo disappointed. I am postive the box is at the house I just cannot picture exactly where. And knowing Mike he is looking right at it and has no clue what I am describing to him. I will not be going back to the house for 2 more weeks, so not one of these items will be ready to mail out by our deadline.

I still have everything else for the swap, just really wanted these to be the final icing on the mini-garden cake so to speak!!

Well off to work on things that are here.. night all...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 18, 2011
9:20 AM

Post #8813388

Oh Elfie...such a sweet thought! I'm sure you will find it. Sounds like Mike is like my DH. Can look right at something and not see it. Even he admits that. lol He'll ask me to help him find something and it is right in front of him!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 18, 2011
5:16 PM

Post #8813919

My late father once asked Mom where she had put his belt and she said "Honey, you're wearing it."

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 18, 2011
6:00 PM

Post #8813986

Here is a nice easy plan for setting up your first miniature garden!!!

Supplies for Creating a Miniature Fairy Garden

* A decorative or plain terracotta dish.

* Well draining, good quality potting soil.

* Slow release fertilizer

* Silica (water) crystal (optional – but recommended)

* Small leafed plants (try looking for weeds in your lawn!)

* Bonsai tree (optional but recommended)

Planting the Miniature Fairy Garden

After adding potting soil to the desired depth start placing the plants in an appealing manner. There really is no wrong way to do it; but staggering different heights really makes the garden seem more “real”. Even weeds from a person’s yard can seem like a unique centerpiece plant in a small miniature garden.

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 18, 2011
6:08 PM

Post #8813996

Here is a link showing exactly how to do this!!

http://www.suite101.com/content/how-to-create-a-miniature-fairy-garden-a109847

And one more!!

http://www.suite101.com/content/miniature-sedum-plants-for-small-gardens-a110591

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2011
4:21 AM

Post #8814443

Great help Elfie. Thanks!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2011
1:19 PM

Post #8815134

Kris, sorry you can't find your items, but I am sure they will show up! Better late than never my Mom always used to say!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 19, 2011
1:39 PM

Post #8815161

Hey everyone,, My DD had he DH take my Goober over to the house and she found the box. So when I go back to see the Doc on the 30th I will pick it up and mail stuff out after I paint it all. At least I will be able to judge colors by what everyone gets from thier swap buddies,,, I am looking for the bright side of this!!

Off to my PT and then Clay class,, be back later...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2011
6:29 PM

Post #8815575

Told ya it would show up. :-~~~~~~

Can't wait to see it. You do such cool stuff!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2011
8:31 PM

Post #8815726

Kris, great tutorial on creating a mini-garden! Love those tiny decorative pots!!!!! Can you use the polymer clay for outdoor mini-garden items? If so, how long do they last, or do they need to be sealed? Sorry if I'm repeating questions already asked (just point and I'll look harder for the answers). I have a box full of old clay and wondered if I could use them if they're still good. You're a very generous and patient soul! Glad you're feeling better!

Laney, your mini-garden is coming along nicely!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 21, 2011
6:14 PM

Post #8818509

Hope everyone is busy getting ready to mail their stuff out!! I am just a day or two away from being done!!!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 21, 2011
7:25 PM

Post #8818644

Thank you Bev. I appreciate it. Found this miniature portulaca,moss rose, growing wild in Mom's driveway. She has no idea how it got there but I think its perfect for our wee gardens.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 21, 2011
7:34 PM

Post #8818653

Sorry I touched the wrong button on this phone, puter down again, and posted before I was ready. I was going to say I will collect seeds if any body wants some just let me know.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 21, 2011
7:44 PM

Post #8818661

Janit, from http://www.twogreenthumbs.com has on her Esty site some lovely items for a mini prayer garden. To see them go to her website and click on the Etsy link.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 22, 2011
5:12 AM

Post #8818990

That looks like a wild plant we have here. Left alone it gets big with really thick stems. I pull it out every chance I get. It grows everywhere! Even in my pots.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 22, 2011
7:05 AM

Post #8819116

Thanks for the info Patti. I didn't know that as the mower gets it. Guess that's why it stays so small, so if I use it it will need a LOT of pruning.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 22, 2011
8:08 AM

Post #8819196

Joyce, I would love some of the seeds please?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2011
3:45 PM

Post #8819799

Wow I am tired!! I spent the morning at Golhillal's / Crystals place helping her cut up that tree from the last big storm and I am sooooo sore!! Ralph was off and he maned the chainsaw again. We had gone down and helped her a couple of months ago and mean to get back sooner, but well it has just been to hot. Anyway one more trip and we are done. She is 10 years older than me and has 10 times more energy!! And is such a doll to boot!!

Also she gave me a couple of very special little plants for my swap buddy, and now everything is ready to mail!! So my box will be going out on Monday!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 22, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8819822

Bet she really appreciates the help you and Ralphie have given her too. That's hard work but a good kind of sore. Back in June I helped DH split wood for the 1st time in my life.

I'm shooting to mail my bud's plants early next week too.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2011
5:38 PM

Post #8819947

Yeah, she was happy to have the help,, but really we were even more happy to help her. You really have no idea just how nice she is in person,, I just adore her!! And her plants too,,,heehee,,,

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 22, 2011
8:42 PM

Post #8820126

Linda Kay I'll be happy to save you seeds. Will let you know when I get them.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 23, 2011
4:57 AM

Post #8820307

Thanks so much!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 23, 2011
5:19 AM

Post #8820331

Morning all! Sounds like everyone is getting wound up to get their stuff sent to their buddy. Well I am ready and will get mine sent out on Monday.

We have taken out about 12 pine trees and have about 10 more left to do. They all got the pine wilt diease, it just looks like a bomb hit where they are gone. Our neighbor had a Christmas tree farm, then decided he didn't like doing it, and now his fields are full of the dieased pines it is really sad.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 23, 2011
5:23 AM

Post #8820333

Sorry to hear you have lost so many pines! They are such a beautiful tree! And lots of work to remove them! What are you doing with all that wood? Do you use it for firewood?
ChooChooGal
Hixson, TN

September 23, 2011
5:26 AM

Post #8820337

Ok Gals,

I hope my Buddy is Home (Saturday) tomorrow. . . Post Person should be looking for you. Exchange has all been planted, for several weeks. Her time to water. . .

I found base to a plated,goblet. Missing cup part. Upside down perfect for a Bird Bath. My first fruit plants have arrived. I plan Fruits, planted on the fence, in the Garden area. Strawberries in the planters. The Faries need to eat.

I am still on the hunt for a Hot Air Ballon. Just not finding one. . .

Are Shelly, and I the only Fairy minded ones??

Whats next??? Holiday Exchange?( I celebrate Christmas) We all need at least one delightful package.How 'bout a Round Robin Box? You put 5 in, and take 5??? Could put something for each as well.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 23, 2011
5:34 AM

Post #8820344

Everyone tells us that we shouldn't burn the pine because of the creosote, right now alot of them are in one big pile and when the crops get out of the field we will burn them I guess, big bon fire.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 23, 2011
7:35 AM

Post #8820452

We burn seasoned pine along with our other wood and don't have a problem. It is the green wood that emits the sticky substance than can make creosote.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 23, 2011
5:50 PM

Post #8821170

Take Patti's advice, happ, and only use seasoned Pine. Our neighbor called in a panic last year when he had a fire in his chimney that was caused from burning green Pine even after we and several others had warned him of the danger. Smoke filled his house and his wife was freaking out. Since the remains of your trees are green, you could split some for kindling that will burn very hot, very quickly. Use sparingly. Or you might be better off in the long run having the remains of your trees chipped in a pile, let them cure, and use them in a couple of years for mulch.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 23, 2011
6:35 PM

Post #8821215

I think there are several swaps planned near Christmas. you will need to check the swap forum to see who is doing what. I am happy everyone is getting their stuff ready to go. I am very happy with my buddies box and hope they will be too!!

I found a couple of cute little glass bowls that I can keep in the RV over the winter with a tiny garden in each one. I am planning them now. This way I will have a little gardening to do all winter. Nice idea huh??

Happ I hate it about your trees,, that so sucks,,sigh
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 25, 2011
7:52 AM

Post #8823195

Lookee, Lookee, Lookee !!!!!!!!!!!!! See what I got from Choochoogal. WoooooHoooo. An absolutely gorgeous minature woodland garden. It has an arch bridge with 'water' (beautiful blue oblong stones) going under it, a log and woodland creatures. (rabbit, racoon, owl) Tons of beautiful miniature plants, all with a marker telling what they are! A tillandsia in a tiny pot. Plus, several extra plants to pot up and set around it, I think, for trees. It is absolutely AWESOME!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooo excited to get this!!!!!!!!!!

Choochoogal, l cannot tell you HOW EXCITED I am to get this wonderful, fabulous, terrific, beautiful (have I said beautiful before???? lol), gorgeous ( I can't think of any more descriptive words) MINATURE WOODLAND GARDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you HOW appreciative I am of this wonderful gift! I think I hit the jackpot on this swap!

Thumbnail by Crit

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2011
8:26 AM

Post #8823236

WOW what can you say!

You are gonna be a busy lady today having the time of your life putting it together...wowzer, so cool!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 25, 2011
8:43 AM

Post #8823253

Yes it is. And it is all set up in a nice square container. I have the PERFECT spot for it. It is in full sun however. I hope that is OK. Sure don't want to kill any of those MANY plants stuffed into it!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I say I love it? :-)

Here is another view of it.

Thumbnail by Crit

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 25, 2011
11:14 AM

Post #8823382

WOW!! Very nice start to our swap!! It is perfect!! I am saving the pictures so I can show them off in the next swap!!
Congrats on a super nice box of plants and such a pretty bridge too! Can you get a bigger picture of the bridge for us??

Great job ChooChoo!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2011
11:36 AM

Post #8823399

Wow, sounds like you are a little excited? LOL!
Nice box of goodies!

Kris how is your ankle doing?

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 25, 2011
12:36 PM

Post #8823459

Oh Patti, what an awsome box of happys! I know you're gonna have so much fun and we can't wait to see what you do with it. Lynn you are a fantastic swap buddy!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 25, 2011
2:14 PM

Post #8823553

Hey LK,,, The ankle is fine,, but the heel of my left foot is really messed up..sigh.. The water therapy classes are helping a lot. They want me to start going 5 days a week starting in 2 weeks.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2011
2:20 PM

Post #8823560

That is a whole garden in a box, how cool is that! It will be so much fun to play with...LOL

It is sooo cold here thinking about being in a swimming pool just sends chills up my back...rofl. Glad you are healing.
Crit how is the finger? I keep meaning to ask and forget.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2011
3:00 PM

Post #8823613

Sure hope those classes help your heal Kris!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 25, 2011
3:23 PM

Post #8823640

Heal and loose weight,, that is my life goal right now!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 25, 2011

Post #8823787

happ, the finger is doing pretty good. The scar doesn't even show that badly. I am still pretty protective of it 'cause I want to be sure those little baby nerve ends find their way to each other. He sad I should start to have feeling in about 4 months. Still can't type with it because I can't feel when I hit the key, but I have gotten pretty good typing with my ring finger I usually used the middles one for. Thanks for asking!

Yes, Elfie. Will attach one here if I don't forget. lol

Yes happ, it was a garden in a box. I was so surprized and happy. It was stamped "FRAGILE" in red. And ... of course ... the corner was smashed in. Luckily it did not seem to hurt anything. DH brought the box to me and set it on the bed where I was getting out some clean sheets. Told him I'd open it as soon as I got clean sheets on our bed. Well, I went to pick it up and had to do a double take!! It was HEAVY! Took it out on the patio where DH was and told him wow, that is one heavy box! I was amazed when I lifed it out. It is so cool!!!!

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 25, 2011
5:30 PM

Post #8823788

One more

Thumbnail by Crit

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 25, 2011
6:30 PM

Post #8823949

I hunted everywhere for a bridge like that,,,sigh...lol Just love it all!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 25, 2011
6:38 PM

Post #8823964

I'm sure (Lynn?) Choochoogal will tell you where she got it

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2011
9:00 PM

Post #8824127

Patti, I can imagine how much fun you're gonna have with the goodies in that box!!! I'm envious of that bridge too! Lyn was very generous!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 25, 2011
9:29 PM

Post #8824144

My box will be ready to go this week. Wanted to give the plants as long as possible to get a start in their pots.
ChooChooGal
Hixson, TN

September 26, 2011
3:59 AM

Post #8824278

Hello Everyone,

Crit, I am so happy you are feeling better. And that your things arrived in good shape. Your garden is fine in the sun. Its sat on the garden wall since swap first started.Everytime I got a plant. Added same for you. I have had problems with ID. Hope most are right. Your "spot" on the wall. Is now replaced with "mini pots" Mostly Clay Pots. Broke a third trying to drill, a drain hole. I planted the Pots a few weeks ago. Seam to be doing well.They just get rain, or whatever rest of area gets.

Years ago I took a stain glass class. Built a green house. I tried to plant it. Was watering with a dropper. Of course plants didn't do well. Did not have right plants. pots were way too small. I want to get Green House out of the attic and try again.

I will look up URL for Bridge. There is also a Garden Gate.

All of you with your Clay. Maybe we need a 'Clay Creature"Exchange.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 26, 2011
4:17 AM

Post #8824289

Lyn, what kind of clay?

I'll be ready to send my buddy's box out by the end of this week or the beginning of next week! The excitement is building... can't wait to see everyone's swap goodies!!
ChooChooGal
Hixson, TN

September 26, 2011
10:51 AM

Post #8824932

Bev, any kind of clay. Fired, or air dried.What ever kind you do. Air Dried Clay would need to be sealed. Several have talked about their Critters.Could be sent to one person. With a few $ for postage. All mailed together.Would only need 1st Class Post. Come on Ladies . . .This is Fun. Need to keep our Mini's going.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2011
1:19 PM

Post #8825154

I have caught a head cold,, darn it!! So missed PT today and might miss going to the house this week,,,sigh.. Ralph will still be going so I am going to have him pic up my stuff and bring it back for me to paint.

I make stuff out of Polymer Clay and also out of kiln fired clay. I am not sure which I like the best.

I also got a nice box of stuff in the mail today!! will try to get pictures later...

Head is throbbing,, going back to lay down with an ice pack to see if I can get rid of this ,, be back later

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 26, 2011
5:12 PM

Post #8825587

Feel better Elfie!!!!!!!!!!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2011
7:53 PM

Post #8825854

Hey everyone,, Could I get a quick hi from everyone so I know we are all still here?/
Thanks
Elfie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 26, 2011
8:55 PM

Post #8825915

Hi!!!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 26, 2011
8:57 PM

Post #8825918

Hi Kris! hope you feel better soon!

Lyn, I have used the polymer clay in the past and really envy you folks that can do kiln-fired clay. After seeing some of the precious tiny decorative pots and vases, I'm itching to try my hand with the polymers again... I really have too many other projects started already! Keep talkin'.. I may change my mind which usually gets me into trouble, lol!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2011
10:23 PM

Post #8826006

Hummm,, like this??

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2011
10:25 PM

Post #8826008

Or this?

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 26, 2011
10:43 PM

Post #8826016

I'm here. Kris, those are so darlin. Wish my eyes were better and didn't have hand tremors so I could learn how to make them. You are blessed to be so talented.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 27, 2011
12:13 AM

Post #8826074

How's this for a spooky Halloween miniature garden by Janit Calvo.

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 27, 2011
1:43 AM

Post #8826096

...i still beez under the table...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 27, 2011
4:37 AM

Post #8826191

~~I~~ Waving at Elfie!!!!! Love the little birdhouses! Thise are so cute!!!!!!

The mini spooky garden is just as cute as it can be!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2011
4:51 AM

Post #8826208

Morning everyone! Love those little houses Kris! Love that mini spooky garden too!
Jax, you can come out from under the table. I got a nice cold cuppa for ya!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2011
6:24 AM

Post #8826343

Morning all. Since my camera is working today and I am feeling better I will be working on tiny stuff all day!! yea!!!

I think I am a new fan of the flu shots! I had never had one before but decided to get one this year. So far I have only gotten sick once and it only lasted a couple of days, Usually I get a cold or the flu and it drags on and on and on,,sigh

Still need some folks to check in please!!

Has anyone heard from Janastone in lately?? I sent a d-mail,, but no answer yet.

Also need to hear from:
oldmansdarlin / Shelly
CheerMom/ Sue
FruitOfTheVine /Susan
chellflower / Chell...checked in!!
Happgarden/ Joyce...checked in!!

Give us a shout guys!!

Also If anyone needs more time I can extend the mailing date for a week. It will help me also as I got behind here.. I am like the rabbit in alice and wonderland,,
I'm late,, I'm Late,, for a very important date!!

Now why did we not think to do a wonderland mini-garden,,,hummm wheels churning!!!

This message was edited Sep 27, 2011 7:22 PM

This message was edited Sep 27, 2011 7:23 PM
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2011
7:33 AM

Post #8826429

It would help me a bunch if the date were extended! Too much going on here and I've gotten quite behind on a number of things (especially the yard!).
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2011
10:58 AM

Post #8826659

I've been here but I have also been lurking alot...LOL. I have to keep up with you all. My box is sooo close to being done. I just need to go shopping one time, maybe I can tonight...actually my buddy will get one box from me and another from a shipper...I probably won't get them to arrive at the same time but close...

LOVE the halloween scene, so much fun. I could see where these tiny gardens could cost me more than my big garden...rofl.

I don't clay anything but love to see your all creations...no talent here at all.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2011
12:26 PM

Post #8826736

Well I am tired, I have completed the 16th bird house and am now ready to start the birdbaths. I hope they do not take half as long as these did. But I am going to take a break and rest my hands for a bit. Maybe a nap too,,, heehee.. or some scrabble,, we will see how it goes.
chellflower
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 27, 2011
5:06 PM

Post #8827080

I'm here! Just been lurking lately. That spooky garden is so cute, and the birdhouses are adorable!

...speaking of rabbits... our boys' pet rabbits started acting frisky a few weeks ago (at the ripe old age of 6 mos). We decided to find them homes soon since the boys no longer seem to have time to play with them as much with school & all. I thought I had at least a month to find new owners..until a week ago saturday my youngest wakes me up (on my day off, of course!) squealing 'Mama, Mama, Cutesy & Ratchet have babies!!!' So now I have another month or so for weaning 7 -yes S-e-v-e-n little bunnies before finding new homes. They are super adorable though!!!! Needless to say the boys are spending alot more time with their pets now too! Though my youngest did suggest 'since we're giving away the parents, could we keep all of the babies?'...I think not son, LOL. I can't imagine what 7 bunnies could do to my houseplants during one playtime out of their pen!!!

ChooChoo, I used to work in stained glass while working for a S.G. window company. Came up with alot more ideas than I had time to make them! My old workspace is now the boys' bedroom. Sure miss it...Hmm, wonder if I could easily turn the GH into a SG workshop during summer months!?!

I think a clay swap would be great! Not sure about the time involved in making stuff though...I'm still kinda new at clay projects, and very slow at it.

I could use about one extra week for mailing to my buddy. Our temps are still in the 90's and I'd still like to add more to the box before mailing.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2011
5:26 PM

Post #8827098

Thanks for checking in guys. I will extend the shipping to October15th. Tht way we all have extra time. I have a ton of tiny spooky garden stuff I got at the thrift shop. Maybe I should make up a spooky garden??

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2011

Post #8827109

By the way,, I took that nap and I guess I slept so hard I thought it was the next morning. I jumped up to go to the bathroom and my hubby was not home. So I thought he was gone all night. Just about had a heart attack!! I call his phone and no answer, now I was getting really scared. So I called his store and he answered the phone and I fussed at him for being at work all night long!! He calmly told me it was 6 pm at night and he would try to be home in the next hour or so!! I feel like a nut.. guess I was really tired,,huh????
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 27, 2011
6:08 PM

Post #8827166

My box is just about ready to mail, Elfie. I wish I could have been more creative like you were making those birdhouses...just adorable!
ChooChooGal
Hixson, TN

September 27, 2011
8:43 PM

Post #8827350

Elfie, Your bird houses are delightful. I am so happy that you, and Crit are both doing better.

Happy from KC. . .I lived in KC on Kansas Side for 2 Years. I really enjoyed it there.

Yo All: A block of Clay is cheep. Can be had from any Craft Store. Get yourself a block, and try. If you really try . I promise you will be surprised with what you can make. Clay brings out the Child in all of us. There is no such word as" Can't".A single block of a Tan Shade. Or a block of the wonderful Grannet Colors. Could make a round of Critters.

Crit I made your Bunny.

Bridge came from Winter Greenhouse, Winter WI

Elfie, Are you the one to forward the Critters? Whats the dead line? How much Post need we send?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2011
9:28 PM

Post #8827379

ChooChooGal wrote:

Elfie, Are you the one to forward the Critters? Whats the dead line? How much Post need we send?

Uhh what critters?what dead line, and what postage?

I am confused...

This message was edited Sep 27, 2011 11:28 PM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2011
4:49 AM

Post #8827489

WOW Lynn... you MADE that teeny, tiny little bunny?!?!?!?! I AM IMPRESSED!!!! I could barely hold on to it, let alone make it! LOL I will have to get a close up of the bunny to show everyone. I just found the little mole hidden in the garden. He is so adorable!

I smile everytime I walk past my mini garden!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
6:11 AM

Post #8827572

I am mailing on Monday, thought I could get it out yesterday but decided I needed to check out some things and glad I did. Excited to get my boxes on their way...

Well I guess with clay I could make worms, snakes, rofl...I surely could do that..., probably time is the biggest issue.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 28, 2011
6:30 AM

Post #8827600

I am off to Atlanta to see my son. I will be back on Friday. See you all then.
I would love to see the tiny bunny and mole too!!

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2011
6:54 AM

Post #8827635

did not want ta wait...was in hurry to git box off...but couple of plants beez looking might iffy...so, maybe tis good ya make me wait. gives me chance to either improve or replac them! I HAVE NO CREATIVE TALENT! so i know clay is not a media fer me! Beleive it or not, this was one of the hardest swaps fer me. NOTHING WANTS TA COOPERATE! new plants want ta die...such an such wanna curl up...items placed in dirt wanna move! not ta mention the other fifty things i beez juggling right now! i tired!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 28, 2011
6:59 AM

Post #8827642

Have a good trip Kris!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 28, 2011
10:11 AM

Post #8827883

Hope you have a safe fun visit Kris. I'm leaving Oct. 3 to stay with grands in Meridian. Will be there a month while DIL visiting my son in Kuwait.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
2:34 PM

Post #8828248

Your DIL is going to Kuwait...? wowzer! And you are staying with DGKs for a month...double wowzer, I am tired just thinking about it...rofl. You will have great time with them, how many DGP's get that chance.
ChooChooGal
Hixson, TN

September 28, 2011
5:45 PM

Post #8828461

Happy, Thats the spirit. You can do it. Consider it time for yourself. I find the clay, a great stress release.

Elfie, Hope your weekend is a good one. Guess my you got the hint???

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 28, 2011
6:44 PM

Post #8828528

Yeah Happ, my son is a firefighter/first responder on our military base in Kuwait. Their 20th wedding anniversary was in August, so as a belated gift he is taking her to Egypt too. Hot air balloon ride over Valley of Kings and Vally of Queens, pyramids, he has a whole itinerary planned out. Grandaughter is17 and freshman in college and grandson is 13. My son just wants me there in case of an emergency. But it's 3 hours away from where I live.

If my swap buddy can wait till I get back to send my box that would be great unless it would be here by Monday when I leave. Or I could tell the post office to leave it next door at neighbors. I am so sorry, I didn't have a clue when I joined the swap that they would schedule this.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
7:32 PM

Post #8828595

Oh what a wonderful thing he has planned for her, she is probably on cloud 9! I have always said there is just a couple of years you can leave your kids alone, they are either too young or too old...rofl. Glad for you they aren't small children and glad you are going to get to spend time with them, it will be a time they will always remember. I am big into making memories these days.

I have several friends who have been to Egypt I hope she gets to buy an Egyptian kartush, it is a gold necklace with your name spelled in hieroglyphics. Kind of nice Souvenir showing you have been to Egypt, not sure you can get them anywhere else.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2011
7:34 PM

Post #8828599

Bless your Son for fighting for us, Laney. It sounds like after 20 years of marriage, he's planning a honeymoon. What a romantic at heart! You have a great trip and enjoy yourself.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 28, 2011
7:54 PM

Post #8828624

Kris, OMG those little bird houses are adorable!!! The additional time to mail the swap boxes helps me out too! Have a safe and fun trip!

Laney, Love the teeny Halloween setting! You have a great time with the grands and hope your son and DIL have a blast on their get-away! It sounds like a fun time for everyone involved!

I wanna see pics of the bitty bunny and mini mole too!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2011
4:59 AM

Post #8828853

What a terrific time for you son and wife! That is just wonderful. I pray for them a safe and fabulous 2nd honeymoon for them! Bless your son for fighting for our country! Tell him "Thank You" and his wife too for keeping the home fires burning. It is so hard on the loved ones left at home, including you.

Great that you get to spend time with the DGK's! 17 and a freshman in college? She must be a very smart girl. My son was the youngest in his class with his birthday being in June. He had just turned 18 when he started college.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2011
9:02 AM

Post #8829148

Thank you all for the sweet words, prayers and well wishes. I am so proud of both son and DIL. They have been together since high school. Bless her heart, it seems like everything waits to break down until the man of the house is gone. She has held it together tho. The DGK's still haven't adjusted to daddy being gone. He's been there over a year and only been home 3 weeks total. They are a close family and do everything together. Next trip the kids will go too. DGK's have planned a trip for us too. Hot air balloon races in Natchez, Ms. The last thing I want to do, but I've gotta act excited! My bad back doesn't do traveling very well. Getting pain meds refilled before I go!

Mailing my buddy' s box today.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2011
9:09 AM

Post #8829158

My son doing what he does... Average day time temp in Kuwait is 119 degrees. Can y'all imagine what these firemen and women go through over there when wearing all this gear?

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
9:16 AM

Post #8829171

No Joyce I cannot imagine, I thought I was dying at 106 with street clothes on, can't even imagine 119, please I know it is a dry heat...119 is 119, then in gear, holy moley! Is he a contractor or military?

Well you have a fun safe trip.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8829175

If anyone is interested... on FaceBook, Janit Calvo, from twogreenthumbs.com is having a Halloween Miniature Garden contest. All enteries get a 15% off certificate and the winner gets $50. off order. If you do a Halloween swap you might be interested in checking this out. Just go to her page and follow the links to the contest, or contact me and I'll help you get to it. Take a pic of the Halloween mini garden and up load it to the fb page. Rules are listed.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2011
9:21 AM

Post #8829182

Contractor. He's been a fireman since his teens and he's 40 now and still loves it.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 29, 2011
10:42 AM

Post #8829277

I have a nephew that just went over there. He is an EMS specialist. He is married and has two young kids at home, and when he got the offer to go there, he could not pass it up! Lots of money for them!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2011
3:28 PM

Post #8829626

Linda Kay is nephew in Kuwait now? It's such a small country I wouldn't be surprised if they know each other. EMS and FD work hand in hand. My sons name is Tim Hickman from Meridian, MS. Yes it is a lot of money. Fire departments in the states don't pay very good due to economy, but over seas is fantastic. God bless your nephew and I will remember him in my prayers.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 29, 2011
4:13 PM

Post #8829669

All I know is he said he was going to the big sandbox? He was not allowed to say where he went.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2011
6:05 PM

Post #8829826

My son works automobile wrecks all over the country there. Yes they can be very secretive but Tim isn't in that situation right now thank God.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 29, 2011
7:16 PM

Post #8829931

Hey everyone!! We are home. I will check in in the morning to let everyone know how much fun we had,,, night all!!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2011
8:17 PM

Post #8829997

Nite Elf glad you made it home safe and sound.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 30, 2011
6:50 AM

Post #8830286

Good Morning all!!

I t was so nice to see my son and his wife, but wouldn't you know it?? They bought me tulips from Holland and forgot to get the proper stamps so they were taken away in the airport customs!! oh well, I almost had tulips to share,,whaaaaaaaa

Anyway I am home now and I have some things to make today and then if I can get done I will be mailing out lots of tiny packages on Monday or Tuesday!!

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 30, 2011
2:04 PM

Post #8830748

Oh Elfie...that's too bad. I know they were sick about that too.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 30, 2011
8:06 PM

Post #8831156

Oh Elfie I hate that about the tulips too. We have to dig them up here in the south and chill em in the fridge for months but they are so worth it.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
8:08 AM

Post #8831562

I bet they were disappointed to say the least, what a prefect present that would of been for you.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 1, 2011
10:41 AM

Post #8831729

Does anyone know how to root sedums? I have never grown them, and I don't know how to root them? In water, soil, sand??? Please help? I got these in the mail from an online shop.

Thumbnail by taters55

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
11:14 AM

Post #8831756

Linda Kay, I have a couple of those and I just stick them in potting mix, water and away they go. I have never tried just rooting them in water, but I know a couple of those will be fine in a pot.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:48 AM

Post #8831793

Hey, just put them a mix of sand and potting mix and they will do great. If you are adding them to other types of plants make sure they do not need much water as most sedums do not. I like those,, make sure they grow real good for you so I can get some,,,heehee.. Cause you know I got to have everything!!!!!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:50 AM

Post #8831796

Just got home from doing the grocery shopping, now to set up the table and back to work I go...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 1, 2011
12:02 PM

Post #8831799

Here is the miniature halloween garden I did. It is for twogreenthumbs on facebook. Janet colvin. I still need a small bench. The one I have is not small enough, and I also need a small witch.

Thumbnail by taters55

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
12:07 PM

Post #8831807

That is too cute. Perfect Halloween planter!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
1:25 PM

Post #8831866

Very, very nice!!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2011
2:01 PM

Post #8831898

Linda Kay I have only used soil for rooting sedums and they never fail to root. And very quickly too. Love your Halloween Garden. Looks like two of the skeletons are walking through the fires of hell! I know Janit Calvo will be pleased! Good luck in the contest.

I entered my Lazy Days of Summer mini garden in the contest going on here at DG under "Patio" since it a small patio. Would appreciate everyone's vote. Thanks so much, Laney

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
2:11 PM

Post #8831903

Laney,, where do we go to vote,, please post a link..

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2011
3:42 PM

Post #8831983

Sorry I left that out... on your DG home page click on "extra" under your main heading in green. Scroll down the "extra" page to Daves attic and click on Dave's Garden Photo Contest. Then click on the 2011 Daves Garden County Fair link. Mine is entered in the catagory that includes "favorite balcony or patio garden". Click on that link and it will explain what to do to vote. Thanks all, Laney

This message was edited Oct 1, 2011 4:50 PM

This message was edited Oct 1, 2011 4:53 PM

This message was edited Oct 1, 2011 4:57 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 1, 2011
4:00 PM

Post #8831997

LK, very creative and spooky, love the "corn stalks" (made with raffia?) and your choice of a planter fits Halloween perfectly.
See all those little hairs on your succulents...those are roots. When I've had pieces break off, I've just stuck them back in the pot. Like Elfie said, go easy watering or you run the risk of rot. A spray bottle set on mist should work well.

I'll check out both contests. Recently subscribed to twogreenthumbs newsletter, thanks to you Laney.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
4:37 PM

Post #8832040

Here is where to vote...

http://davesgarden.com/contest/2011-daves-garden-county-fair/contest.php?catid=381

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2011
4:38 PM

Post #8832042

Susan you're very welcome. I love furthering the cause of miniature gardening!
Thanks Elfie I don't know how to the link thingy. I'm like duhhh.

This message was edited Oct 1, 2011 5:40 PM

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
4:50 PM

Post #8832058

Your welcome!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 1, 2011
5:41 PM

Post #8832129

Well, wasn't that a romp. I just finished voting in all the categories. Some of the photos are sweet or downright funny and others are simply breathtaking. I love old barns and quilts and old-fashioned flower arrangements and...well pretty much everything.

Laney, when you want to share a link, go up to the address bar, right click and choose "copy". Then go to the page where you'd like to post the link. Right click and choose "paste". Voila, the link should be displayed (unless you're using a Mac, in which case I don't have a clue how to help but somebody using one can).

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2011
5:44 PM

Post #8832137

Thank you Susan. I need to enroll in computer 101!

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2011
6:15 PM

Post #8832155

Just thinking... I wish some of you lived near me. I've been outside most of the afternoon watering and checking plants getting them ready for my trip. DIL will come get me Monday. My neighbor said she'll water for me but she knows NOTHING about taking care of plants. Pray she doesn't drown them or forget them all together. I'll be nervous about them till I get back in 3 or 4 weeks.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2011
8:57 PM

Post #8832290

Someone asked me if I knew where to find a hot air balloon for their mini garden and I can't for the life of me remember who it was. Anyway I found this one made of a bottle gourd with the top cut out. The gondola is made of polymere clay. Hope it was one of y'all looking for it or I will feel really foolish. I'm living proof the the mind is the first to go. :o)
http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/craftnique/2878700/gourd_hot_air_balloon_up_up_and_away/handmade/earth_friendly/home_decor/other

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2011
4:22 AM

Post #8832432

joyce, that is the most bootiful angel! but, plase tell me...ya cobblestones...how is ya holding them down? cement, glue, or what? mine look like a tumbled mess!!!! if i was a lil elf...my tooties would be sore/bleeding from walking on them!!!!!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
6:22 AM

Post #8832551

Ohhhhhh I have bottle gourds at the house!! I wonder if any of them are small enough to make one?? Also why not use a small Christmas ball to make one? It has the exact right shape!! Or,,, humm wonder if Micheal's or Hobby lobby would have a hot air balloon in their Christmas bulb selections?? We are going to the house, AGAIN, tomorrow so maybe I can check there on the way back. I am sooo tired of having to run back and forth every week when it was supposed to be every month,,sigh...

This message was edited Oct 2, 2011 8:37 AM

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
7:09 AM

Post #8832599

http://www.amazon.com/Novelty-Colorful-Rainbow-Christmas-Ornament/dp/B005CQZ8I6/ref=pd_sbs_sg1

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
7:10 AM

Post #8832600

And look at this!! Not hot air,, but my oh my,,,

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
7:37 AM

Post #8832623

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Air-Balloon-Stars-Stripes-Christmas-Tree-Ornament-/140518045962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b787390a#ht_1413wt_1031

oldmansdarlin
Clifton, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 2, 2011
2:51 PM

Post #8833158

Hi, All. Just checking in. I would love a few more days on the deadline. It's been pretty chaotic around here and I would like to get a couple more things to add to my box before I ship it out. I still have to find the post office. Being out in the middle of the country definately has it's drawbacks. On a possitive note. The weather is getting cooler and I am so excited to get back outside and get my flowerbeds ready to plant some spring bulbs.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
2:58 PM

Post #8833170

OMG that city is amazing. Where is that at? I have decided I need 3 life times just to begin to discovery everything out there!

I am having to water things are sooo dry here. I think everything is ready for my buddy to go out on Monday, I know I am a little late but hopefully they will forgive me. This is my first mini and have to say it has been a little difficult trying to figure it all out, but hopefully it will be ok. Some of you have just amazing pictures of mini scapes you have done. I am guessing after one or mini scape pots it will get easier to know what I am doing or sending.

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

October 2, 2011
4:09 PM

Post #8833233

Joyce, I always use concrete with a sand base to make the paths, wether brick, cobblestone, flagstone or whatever. I get it from twogreenthumbs because it is a very fine grade sand and concrete that works better for me that what you would get at a hardware store. It's simple to use too and the result is a look that I like.

I live the mini-city scape. Bet that took a lot of time and patience to make.

Kris thank you for the help with the balloon search. I love the mulit color stripe one. I think it was ChooChooGal that was
asking me about it. Is that right Lynn???

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2011
4:16 PM

Post #8833240

thanks joyce! i absolutelu do not like me path with cobblestone! even though it is supose to be in the forest...it is ROUGH!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2011
7:30 PM

Post #8833489

Elfie, tell me if I'm wrong but that amazing city scene up there looks like San Francisco.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
9:45 PM

Post #8833653

Not sure what city it is supposed to be it is from the Stepables website at http://www.stepables.com

Sorry it is at their fan page listed on their web site.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.257030784332197.56431.103083179726959&type=1

Just says lego land 2/2011

This message was edited Oct 2, 2011 11:49 PM
ChooChooGal
Hixson, TN

October 2, 2011
9:53 PM

Post #8833657

Hello All, Its good to have most of you back. Laney hope you have a good visit with the Grands.

Yes, Lynn is looking for the Hot Air Baloon. Thank You for info. That is if I have a garden to display it in.

Some of you know my plant history. I was in ICU a few weeks(11). No one thought I would live. A neighbor dug, and gave away my plants. I did not try and garden again, until June of this year.

My mini Fairy Land Garden. Is tucked away. A small area over the Deck Wall. Gate is locked. Unseen from almost anywhere. Few know about it. I use to sleep late. I am up before the sun to go to FairyLand. Again a couple hours before Dusk. Keeping a close eye (and water) on Irish Moss.Finally had it together enough to get some Pictures.

Passed couple of days. A neighbors who hords cats, kept lerking around.I ran it off 3 times, in two days. . .This evening when I went out. My entire 14X5ft area. Looks as if you dug a deep hole. And pushed everything into it. All my Irish Moss is just gone. . .Many of the plants I have not found. All my raised areas, dug up. Anything plastic is shredded. My Gazing Ball/stand gone. . . A tray of clay pots freshly planted. Knocked to deck, and broken. How can even a 20 pound cat cause so much distruction?

After I calmed down. I went to see the Neighbor with all the Cats. Guess what. . . Its just an outside cat. Doesn't belong to her. She isn't sure it belogs to anyone. Her 3 Cats running around outside. As we talked. Are all inside Cats, and don't go out. What do you do????

Even putting it back together. . .The Cat knows where it is. I own this property. Plants in front ore stolen, Hidden Garden is destroyed. Have I no right to Garden???

Have always been told. People care for their Animals, as they do their Children. Gee, could I ever tell, some tales.

Gone to look at Baloons.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
2:46 PM

Post #8834622

I ordered some stuff but it isn't going out until the 11th for some reason, but I have a box to send also.
Was surprised by the time delay.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
2:49 PM

Post #8834626

Got a box from Laney over the weekend! just getting to post what was received!

hummingbird feeder
birdhouse
2 bunnies
pond with 3 frogs
Dianthus Petite plant
unknown plant but I will need to go get a trellis for it to climb! (found one but didn't know what I would get to put on it! Now I have something for it and need to go buy it!)

Can't wait to get them in my container and get my mini garden finished!

Thanks Laney! I love everything!

Debbie

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
2:50 PM

Post #8834630

here is a picture of the 'mini' items...so cute!

I'm out for the night...it's bowling time! Have a great night everyone!

Debbie

This message was edited Oct 3, 2011 4:51 PM

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 3, 2011
2:55 PM

Post #8834636

Ohh that is terrible about your gardens. That is just unreal that one cat can do so much destruction. You should set out traps and then take the cats to the humane society. They will even loan you a trap to catch the cat. That way your neighbor can be held responsible. Her cats should not be in your yard, period.

Everyone I am giving you till the 15th to get all boxes mailed.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 3, 2011
2:58 PM

Post #8834641

We cross posted. That is soooo cute!! I love the rabbits and the pond!! I am going to try to make a pond. Yup it is on my ten mile long list. Love the plants too!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 3, 2011
3:59 PM

Post #8834716

NEW ROOM... this one is just tooo long!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1223611/

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

October 3, 2011

Post #8834957

Debbie, I'm sorry, I thought I wrote on the pot in magic marker, that is a fairy vine. The dianthus has a pretty bright pink bloom and they both should survive your winters. Wish I had more plants to send but maybe minis made up for it.

Lynn it is hard to understand how some people can be so inconsiderate. Bless your heart you worked so hard on that bed. Wish I could come help you rebuild.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
6:55 PM

Post #8835014

duh! I'm blind! I did not see the writing on the 'pot'! I know the dianthus will survive but wasn't sure about the vine...I'll check it out and see. The Wild Bird Shop in town has lots of mini things for gardens and I did see a trellis...I will definitely go get it plus she had some really cool fencing and other things! Can't wait to pot it all up! Thanks again! You 'dun' good!

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

October 10, 2011
1:24 PM

Post #8843705

Sorry to be late sending mine but I;ve been waiting for one more item to arrive - my box to my buddy should go out in the next couple days!

Sue G.
(CheerMom)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 10, 2011
4:04 PM

Post #8843937

NEW ROOM... this one is just tooo long!!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America