Sunrise and Sunset #8

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

More great images on, our previous thread here, http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1179857/

You are all welcome to join in, and share with us. We'd love to see, what you see.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Great shots, burn! I especially like this one on the previous thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8763785

Karen

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank you Bernadette for new thread. I spent a week out West, and I must have brought rains from the SE out to SW, this was the 1st day I arrived there, we've got beautiful sunset then. After that there were mostly clouds/rains and we didn't get any more spectacular pics. like this. :((

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks Karen, the clouds were so beautiful.
Same here Kim, we had thunder and lightning every night, since I took those shots. You took a nice shot.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

The clouds of different colors.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Lovely pics all. The sky is an amazing subject and well captured here.

I'll take any rain you guys don't want...grin

PERTH, Australia

Beautiful, Burn. I particularly like the last one.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks Moon and Margaret.
Oh Moon, your so welcome to ours. Wish I could save all the surplus of rain and send it to you. I have this song that keep popping in my head. every time it rains. "Rain, Rain, go away."

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Beautiful shots, burn and lily. I have not gotten any recent sunset pics.

Karen

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Sunrise over the Atlantic when a storm is brewing out there.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Great colors....ominous clouds. Thanks for sharing that Sunkissed

PERTH, Australia

Oh my, that's fabulous, sunkissed.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Great coloring, eerie looks of the 'quiet before the storm' present.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

That is beautiful, Sunkissed

Thanks.... but I just snap the picture...the colorful sky is from Mother Nature...Storms do make the nicest sunsets and sunrises. Here is a bit more peaceful golden sunset on the west side of Florida. I am always amazed at my sunset/sunrise pictures and the many color hues they have.
By the way the fisherman is my brother.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Another gorgeous one! Your brother adds interest to the shot as well. Lovely colors.

Took this one Saturday night.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2011 4:58 PM

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yours is as lovely Bernadette. Beautiful bridge and surround area. sunkissed, that pic. of your brother deserves to be framed and gifted. Well done!

PERTH, Australia

Wow, Burn, that's fantastic.

Lovely, sunkissed. You're right about the gorgeous light a storm brings.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Two gorgeous pics, sunkissed, and yours as well, burn. The one with your brother fishing is especially nice, sunkissed. Great human interest shot.

We had a big tropical storm come through here yesterday. Not too much damage at our place, but a lot of other people had big damage, trees down all over, power out in so many places, and still out in a good number of places. We had our power out for several hours yesterday, but it came back on around 6:30 p.m. I went to an overnight (I work PCA hours with a special needs lady), and her power had been out since noon yesterday, and was still out when I left this morning. I should call her and see how it is now. One of my friends still has her power out at her place. She was over here with her boyfriend tonight, and we had a campfire and had hotdogs, potato salad and corn on the cob. We had a fun evening, but I felt bad she had to go home to a house with no power. That really stinks. I heard it's so bad that Detroit, MI is sending out about 250 trucks from their power company to help out. It hasn't been this bad since 1938. I thank God that We sustained no damage to the house and our power is on, that's all I can say.

Karen

Burn the bridge photo is really spectacular.

Karen being without electric can be fun and can be horrible. When Charley hit here my mom and dad were without power for two weeks, and ours was back on after a few days, so they'd come over here during the hottest part of the day...temps were up in the nineties and humid. But they refused to spend the night because they had to be with their cat and at the time we had a dog and the cats. So each night they would try to sleep in their hot house. They got so tired looking by the end of the two weeks. The people across the street from us didn't have power for another week after we got ours back on, so we ran extension cords across the street for them...was kind of funny to see big orange and yellow extension cords running everywhere. We are lucky to be on a grid with two schools and a major intersection...they work on those first since the schools are a shelter.

This is the old bridge is the old Overseas Railroad bridge west of Bahia Honda Key...a bit of history.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Another shot of the Old Railroad Bridge in the Keys

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous shots, sunkissed!

I can't imagine going that long without power. Ugh! Especially in that heat. I would be frazzled looking, too!

Karen

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Whoa, what lovely shots, sunkissed !!! Keep them coming.
Thanks, for you lovely comments Kim, Margaret, Karen and sunkissed.

Sunrise over the Atlantic Sept.12, if you enlarge it you can see rings around the sun.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

A wee bit later.....

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Sunkissed, more gorgeous shots! So peaceful a beauty!

Thanks Lily, five days prior that ocean was wild from the passing Irene...great waves to watch....lots of seashells washing up.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

It must have been a drastic change to watch from serenity to a more chaotic Irene.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

So lovely Sunkissed. It's fun to watch the changing colors in a sunset. So totally different.

Hello Folks. Sunsets and sunrises have been pretty mundane lately. Last night we had a small cool front move in just about sunset.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

another view

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

and finally

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
PERTH, Australia

Beautiful, Moon.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yes, very nice. Moon I haven't seen much in the line of sun rise/set that were very photogenic. Thanks for sharing yours. Hi Margaret.

PERTH, Australia

Hi Kim.

Thanks Margaret and Kim. From the looks of this thread, no one is having much in the way of striking sunrises or sunsets...grin
I really liked this one of the clouds.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
PERTH, Australia

That's gorgeous.

Hi Margaret. Thanks...and we actually got a little rain with it..a very welcome perk. GRIN

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images