Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Does anyone have Anna Bella Experience this Year?

Rosemount, MN(Zone 4b)

Since my Invincibelle Spirit blooms are smaller than expected, I have been looking into the Anna Bella Does anyone out there have Anna Bella? Does it have big blooms like Annabelle? Does it flop after a big rain? Are you pleased thus far with it?
Thanks for any info, Gail

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

I have 2 annabelle that do tend to flop in rain. I keep them upright with support. The blooms are good size and when they fade to green I spray them with white and burgundy floral spray and leave them on all winter. I love Annabelle because it is reliable and hardy.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

I think GKay was talking about 'Bella Anna' - a pink variety of 'Annabelle'.

http://endlesssummerblooms.com/fi/retail/plants/bella-anna

Rosemount, MN(Zone 4b)

Bookreader451 - Do they rebound a bit after a couple of days after the rain is over? How do you support them? That is a great idea about spraying them. Up here in the frozen tundra, that would be very pretty in the dead of winter to see some flower color!

Rosemount, MN(Zone 4b)

hcmcdole - you are correct. I didn't even see the annabelle reference from bookreader - I just plowed forward with questions. ha. I saw some Bella Annas this weekend at a reputable nursery and the blooms looked suspiciously small. But I couldn't tell how old the blooms were. I have been bit with the Invincibelle Spirit as far as bloom size so I don't want to repeat that mistake.

I'm giving Invincibelle Spirit at least 3 more years to make something of itself. Same for Incrediball - it is not that impressive but it is a young plant.

My Annabelle has huge blooms for the first year so it looks like it will be a keeper but it was a good sized plant when I bought it.

(Zone 4b)

hcmcdole wrote: "I'm giving Invincibelle Spirit at least 3 more years to make something of itself."

You are much more patient than I. If after the third summer in the ground I am not satisfied it is gone. There are so many beautiful perennials that can take its place.

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

Sorry yes I misread. I keep them supported with green fencing that is hidden by the foliage.

Rogue,

How big was your plant? Mine is a starter plant so I don't mind gving it some time.

I learned my lesson from a four inch pot of Snow Queen I got from Park Seed at my last house - I thought it was a joke but after seven years it filled out to be a very large shrub. Instant gratification with hydrangeas is an oxymoron.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.