Does anyone have Anna Bella Experience this Year?

Rosemount, MN(Zone 4b)

Since my Invincibelle Spirit blooms are smaller than expected, I have been looking into the Anna Bella Does anyone out there have Anna Bella? Does it have big blooms like Annabelle? Does it flop after a big rain? Are you pleased thus far with it?
Thanks for any info, Gail

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

I have 2 annabelle that do tend to flop in rain. I keep them upright with support. The blooms are good size and when they fade to green I spray them with white and burgundy floral spray and leave them on all winter. I love Annabelle because it is reliable and hardy.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

I think GKay was talking about 'Bella Anna' - a pink variety of 'Annabelle'.

http://endlesssummerblooms.com/fi/retail/plants/bella-anna

Rosemount, MN(Zone 4b)

Bookreader451 - Do they rebound a bit after a couple of days after the rain is over? How do you support them? That is a great idea about spraying them. Up here in the frozen tundra, that would be very pretty in the dead of winter to see some flower color!

Rosemount, MN(Zone 4b)

hcmcdole - you are correct. I didn't even see the annabelle reference from bookreader - I just plowed forward with questions. ha. I saw some Bella Annas this weekend at a reputable nursery and the blooms looked suspiciously small. But I couldn't tell how old the blooms were. I have been bit with the Invincibelle Spirit as far as bloom size so I don't want to repeat that mistake.

I'm giving Invincibelle Spirit at least 3 more years to make something of itself. Same for Incrediball - it is not that impressive but it is a young plant.

My Annabelle has huge blooms for the first year so it looks like it will be a keeper but it was a good sized plant when I bought it.

(Zone 4b)

hcmcdole wrote: "I'm giving Invincibelle Spirit at least 3 more years to make something of itself."

You are much more patient than I. If after the third summer in the ground I am not satisfied it is gone. There are so many beautiful perennials that can take its place.

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

Sorry yes I misread. I keep them supported with green fencing that is hidden by the foliage.

Rogue,

How big was your plant? Mine is a starter plant so I don't mind gving it some time.

I learned my lesson from a four inch pot of Snow Queen I got from Park Seed at my last house - I thought it was a joke but after seven years it filled out to be a very large shrub. Instant gratification with hydrangeas is an oxymoron.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.