Photo by Melody

Article: Saving tomato seeds using fermentation: Saving seeds through fermintation

Communities > Forums > Article: Saving tomato seeds using fermentation
bookmark
Forum: Article: Saving tomato seeds using fermentationReplies: 1, Views: 5
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Snobear2
Saco, ME

August 20, 2011
2:57 PM

Post #8766851

Thank you Sir for the help by explaining this process. I've been trying to figure out how to save some John Baer seeds for a couple of years now; they are getting harder and harder to find! Now my problem is solved. But, how do you save them until next year ? Do you freeze them? Or, just stash them away someplace? Thank you again. LC
Nokota
Claremont, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #9037301

Leave them out on a paper towel to dry once they are clean and store them in a paper packet or paper origami box. they will keep for a year or maybe several as long as they are died well after being fermented. The paper helps disperse any extra moisture. I like to make origami paper boxes using a template I designed that prints them out with seed labels already on them, but making a tiny paper envelope and labeling it with a marker is fine too. If you want the origami box template contact me. :)

This message was edited Mar 10, 2012 8:18 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Saving tomato seeds using fermentation Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Easy to follow photo tutorial Dea 6 Nov 28, 2007 8:46 PM
About the same tcfromky 4 Mar 3, 2007 9:42 AM
Saving Heirloom Seeds - Varietal Spacing challweaver 1 Jul 24, 2007 2:30 PM
Fermentation seedpicker_TX 4 Sep 7, 2009 9:09 PM
seed saving flowerfantasy 1 Nov 27, 2008 11:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America