Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: I Grew This!: Food!

Communities > Forums > Article: I Grew This!
bookmark
Forum: Article: I Grew This!Replies: 5, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
joeyramone
Schenectady, NY

August 22, 2011
5:19 AM

Post #8770296

There is just something so magical and elemental about growing your own. Last night we had guests for dinner and we were so proud to say that the basil, parsley, carrots and tomatoes came from our garden. They were duly impressed!
NordicFletch
Stanchfield, MN

August 22, 2011
10:10 PM

Post #8772228

Sad to say, but they were probably impressed that the meal was home-fixin's -- instead of pre-cooked ,pre-packaged store-boughten. Never mind the part about you growing those veggies yourself... (far too many people these days still think along the lines of "I just don't have enough time to do that"...whether it's growing veggies or preparing a meal "from scratch".)

This message was edited Aug 22, 2011 11:12 PM
Village_idiot
Alberta, AB
(Zone 3a)

August 23, 2011
4:18 PM

Post #8773501

Ive always been impressed by anything home-grown, or even home-made.
I remember, about 40 yrs ago, getting a hand-made Christmas card from a girl-friend of mine. I kept that card for years. I'm not sure what happened to it now; I lost it a while back, but that little water-colour painted card meant much more than all the other cards I have ever received.
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 27, 2011
6:40 PM

Post #8780281

@ joeyramone,

First, great screen name. I am not sure if that is a tribute to the band or your name but either way, very cool! It is a great thing to watch the reaction of those eating fresh as opposed to processed. There is no comparison when it comes to flavor. Thank you for adding this.

@NordicFletch

Not enough time. I understand exactly what you mean and I personally do not get it. I get home on average 6:30 - 6:45 each night and either I start or help finish a home cooked meal. Granted there is no TV to distract us and it is very much a family affair but there was a time when THIS was the norm. :)

@Village_idiot,

I am right there with you and I still have my hand made card. :) In fact here it is. :)

Here is to the best things in life -- hand-made and home-grown.

Thumbnail by BennysPlace
Click the image for an enlarged view.

joeyramone
Schenectady, NY

September 12, 2011
1:23 PM

Post #8805387

Thanks, Benny! It's just a tribute to the band/ Joey himself. I'm actually female!
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

September 12, 2011
3:58 PM

Post #8805627

Hiya,

:) Excellent! You are so very welcome.

I love the Ramones. Blitzkreig Pop is one of my favorite songs. :)

Take care,
Benny

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: I Grew This! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
looks yummy onewish1 4 Aug 3, 2008 11:40 PM
gardening surge here woodspirit1 9 Aug 8, 2008 8:48 AM
Benny, you are an insperation! newhobby 7 Aug 6, 2008 4:23 AM
WowJust beautiful beebonnet 4 Aug 27, 2011 4:51 PM
What a Melon! azrobin 2 Aug 6, 2008 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America