Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Citronella, without the candle: Pesky mosquitoes

Communities > Forums > Article: Citronella, without the candle
bookmark
Forum: Article: Citronella, without the candleReplies: 1, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
3pmp
Slocan, BC
(Zone 3a)

August 22, 2011
7:39 AM

Post #8770557

Hi Sally, Where I live in southeastern BC the mosquitoes are bad in the summer months when the water level drops and the bugs are coming out at night when the sun goes down. Even in the shady spots during the day they will chew you up if you are not protected with some reliable repellant that keeps them away. I remember when we spent time outdoors we always set out the citronella candles to keep the bugs away from our dining area. At the moment I am trying to repel the mosquitoes and the deer from my garden with netting which seems to be working as long as I remember to keep it over all of my pumpkin leaves that go everywhere.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 22, 2011
9:32 AM

Post #8770810

I knew about the geranium, but not the grass or the tree. Interesting, thanks for the article, Sally!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Citronella, without the candle Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Pesky Mosquitoes Ucabutrfly 1 Aug 28, 2011 6:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America