Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: I Grew This!: Gardening in Singapore

Communities > Forums > Article: I Grew This!
bookmark
Forum: Article: I Grew This!Replies: 2, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mfleee
Singapore
Singapore

August 22, 2011
7:48 AM

Post #8770581

Very nice article.
Here in Singapore most peoples live in apartments. So I am lucky to have enough land to grow plants.

My hobby is now a "garden of Paradise" according to an old friend. Besides lots of flowering plants, I also grow lots of herbs, vegetables and fruits!
Fruit trees include a rare banana from Penang, Pink Pomelo, red custard apple, rosella, miracle plant, papaya, purut tree and even two lemon trees - yes the yellow lemon.
Vegetables include sweet potatoes, various greens, some dragon fruits and so on.
Herbs include dandelion, tarragon, rosemary, chives, basils, curry tree, and lots of chinese herbs for diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol etc etc.

Enjoy the view!

Thumbnail by mfleee
Click the image for an enlarged view.

dixiedumplin
Riceville, TN

August 22, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8771779

Beautiful plants. You should inspire all of us who have quite a bit of gardening space to do more.
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 27, 2011
7:15 PM

Post #8780345

Hi mfleee,

Thank you so much and may I say AMAZING!! I too grow many of the herbs you mention. I love dandelion. I grow it in the house as well under grow lamps. Incredible! This is a very inspirational reply and I am grateful you took the time. Thank you so much!

@ dixiedumplin,

I could not agree more!

All the best,
Ben

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: I Grew This! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
looks yummy onewish1 4 Aug 3, 2008 11:40 PM
gardening surge here woodspirit1 9 Aug 8, 2008 8:48 AM
Benny, you are an insperation! newhobby 7 Aug 6, 2008 4:23 AM
WowJust beautiful beebonnet 4 Aug 27, 2011 4:51 PM
What a Melon! azrobin 2 Aug 6, 2008 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America