Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: I Grew This!: Lovely fruit

Communities > Forums > Article: I Grew This!
bookmark
Forum: Article: I Grew This!Replies: 2, Views: 5
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
3pmp
Slocan, BC
(Zone 3a)

August 22, 2011
8:26 AM

Post #8770663

Hi Benny, There are so many things that taste better right from the garden. I have to say that watermelon looks very delicious to eat plus the fact that it came from your garden makes it all the more enjoyable. Where I live in southeastern BC watermelon can be grown but you have to start early and you have to make sure that the plant gets plenty of sunlight and warmth to grow vigorously in the summer months. My favorite thing to plant is pumpkin which I have successfully grown in my garden and enjoy the pie from it or soup which can be very delightful when you need something during the cold winter months here in BC.
NordicFletch
Stanchfield, MN

August 22, 2011
9:51 PM

Post #8772215

I planted watermelon in the last week of May/first week of June -- and it didn't germinate. I planted it again, second week of June -- and it didn't germinate. So I planted it again, first week of July -- and it germinated. With luck, I'll have fresh-off-the-vine watermelon in time for the Full Harvest Moon in September...
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 27, 2011
7:11 PM

Post #8780340

Hi 3pmp,

That watermelon WAS delicious. I too love pumpkin. It is almost that time of year to head to the pumpkin patch! :) Do you have any photos of your home grown pumpkins?

Hi again NordicFletch,

I hope you get some fruit. Please keep me updated!

All the very best,
Benny

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: I Grew This! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
looks yummy onewish1 4 Aug 3, 2008 11:40 PM
gardening surge here woodspirit1 9 Aug 8, 2008 8:48 AM
Benny, you are an insperation! newhobby 7 Aug 6, 2008 4:23 AM
WowJust beautiful beebonnet 4 Aug 27, 2011 4:51 PM
What a Melon! azrobin 2 Aug 6, 2008 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America