Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Earthquake??

Lula, GA

Did anyone feel that 5.3 earthquake y'all had earlier today in Colorado? We don't get many in Georgia but I think we would feel a 5+ M earthquake! Hope no one was hurt!

Glenwood Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

It probably shook some people up pretty well in Trinidad, CO because it is a very rare thing in Colorado. I live in the northwest part of the state and was raised in southern California, so it would probably been a good conversation starter.

Sonny

Lula, GA

Yes, Sonny, those CO earthquakes were in a rural area. Not so the Virginia EQ several hours later~

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

i was awake and at the puter, but didnt feel it.

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

Supposedly people felt it who were further away than me (Broomfield?), and it upset pets - but my dogs and I slept through it. I gather the damage in Colorado was localized whereas the quake in Virginia caused damage as far away as Boston and Philadelphia.

PS - the earthquake did prompt me to look at the USGA earthquake site for the first time. It was interesting and Monday was a busy day across North America.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2011 8:06 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.