Let's see YOUR pictures of hostas beginning with "K"!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Let's look at "K" hostas today. I have several and I bet you have even more.

The first is the name of my elder daughter, 'Karin', and shows why you should check hostas out before buying them by name. I don't really like this one and with the wet spring we had, it developed some drawstring. 'Karin' was new spring 2006 and has had a few divisions taken from it. It is fertile, but so far any seedlings have been unremarkable. This photo was taken June 28.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

'Karin' single flower July 24.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

'Katsuragawa Beni' taken June 20. This was new to me spring 2006 and I really liked it at the beginning. Nice red legs. But as it grew, I became less enamored of it and intended to get rid of it when I lifted and divided it last autumn. However, I couldn't bring myself to give away or sell the last division; so it's in a pot for now.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

'Kifukurin Ko Mame', taken June 28 was one of my earliest hostas. It is an enthusiastic and fast-growing mini. Green with a narrow yellow margin. It divides easily and makes a wonderful border plant.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

'Kifukurin Ko Mame' flower taken August 23.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

'Kinbotan' is a lovely mini which I acquired July 2010. This picture from June 20.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

'Korean Snow' I've had for awhile (since June 2004) and have never divided. Slow growing, but steady. Blooms late - mine is blooming now with spidery flowers. This picture from July 8.

This one is misty all year, but is more yellow misty when it emerges.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

Krossa Regal

Thumbnail by Rose1656
Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

Krossa Regal, my small one planted in 2008.

Thumbnail by Eleven
Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

Krossa Regal, trade division received from my neighbor in 2009.

Thumbnail by Eleven
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Komodo Dragon (BS)

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Rose, that's a beautiful Krossa Regal. I can't wait for mine to get big! How much sun does yours get?

Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

It's directly under a tree, so doesn't get a lot of direct sun, but bright shade (if that's a good description!)

Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

'Kiwi Full Monty' getting some new growth. I purchased this one in 2009 from Hilltop Hostas and More. Looks like a smaller, bluer version of 'Striptease'.

Thumbnail by Rose1656
Ottawa, Canada

Rose, the inner leaves are a lot more blue than the outer ones. I wonder if this is an attribute of all KFM. I've been tempted to buy KFM but I have 'Striptease'.

Wyoming, MN

T-Dawg is very similar in appearance ti KFM but the centers are much whiter.

Gary

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.