Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansias... Natures surprise packets.

Communities > Forums > Australian and New Zealand Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Australian and New Zealand GardeningReplies: 101, Views: 702
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
77sunset
Merino
Australia

August 31, 2011
1:53 AM

Post #8786303

Okay, here's the new baby to start the thread . I hope he keeps his color. But brugs are Natures surprise packets. One never knows whats in those little brown seed cases.
It helps if I put up the signpost.
We came from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1209314/
Jean.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2011 7:55 PM

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Click the image for an enlarged view.

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

August 31, 2011
5:05 PM

Post #8787561

Will be interesting to see how that one turns out, Jean. I saw your question in the other forums and opinion is divided about whether the variegation is due to winter cold/virus, some insect infestation, or just a quirk that the seedling will grow out of (ie that it will lose the variegation when it grows).
So, really, nobody knows LOL

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

August 31, 2011
9:50 PM

Post #8787980

We will be sending lots of variegated good wishes to the little one, Jean...and we will be hanging on every new leaf...

My Vulsa x seedlings are starting to grow thru the bottom of the pot...so it's just about time to pot them up...one thing though, they haven't got their true leaves yet...so I don't want to risk moving them..
I made a mistake by planting 2 in each pot...I do that with the warm Brugs and usually by the time they grow thru the pot they have 4 true leaves... but these have developed so quickly that next time I will plant each one separately...

I am thinking that I might put them in a box with potting mix so the roots can go somewhere, 'till the real leaves grow...that might be the best way...
Any ideas?

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

August 31, 2011
10:52 PM

Post #8787999

Hi to all, yes that sounds like a good idea, putting them in a potting mix, so the roots can go down, and then you get the real leaves, and go from there. sounds good
77sunset
Merino
Australia

August 31, 2011
11:35 PM

Post #8788019

Dianne, I have potted on some seedlings of the warmies about the same size as your vulsas. .I would get a pot of mix ready, make a hole the size of the small pot , then carefully tip the whole thing out and gently drop into the hole. Leave them together for now. they will separate later when stronger .
I hope to have some vulsas one of these days and I hope they do as well as yours. Congrats.
Jean.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 1, 2011
12:48 AM

Post #8788046

I agree with Jean ...just press the pot into the prepared medium to get the exact shape and then carefully upend the baby and plant.
My Sangs from Lucas are the same just growing with the cot leaves ...true leaves just recently starting to emerge. Quite different to the warm climate seedlings. I am thinking it may be the warm day temps.

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 1, 2011
1:07 AM

Post #8788049

Will do tomorrow...there are a couple with the start of true leaves...it should be a warm day too...thanks...I didn't want to make a mistake with these.

Hi Gena...how are your Brugs...are you going to grow some from seeds too?

Colleen, how are your Vulsa X's going... you were going to pot them up?
ctmorris
barmera
Australia

September 1, 2011
1:26 AM

Post #8788052

I put them into 6" pots Dianne and they about 6" high with lots of leaves now. I have put them into the SH for safe keeping, [I hope] away from the snails. I've sprinkled saw dust around them to deter the little bu----ers. My poor little Daruras are copping it from them. I had another bud on the mauve one but that's gone now. They're a pain aren't they? My 2 Arboreas have quite a few buds coming. One should be out next week sometime but the others are smaller. Lucas sent me some Sanguinea pollen and I've put it in the crisper so I hope it will still be viable when the time comes. If not I will have to wait for my sangs to flower. There's not even a bud on them yet so I'll be waiting. Here's the pic of the strange flower on Suavelons. Notice how long and thin the neck is. Not at all like the flowers in the SH, they were nice and plump and pure white right from the start. This flower is actually a darker lemon than the pic depicts. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

lucas13

lucas13
Victoria
Australia

September 1, 2011
1:33 AM

Post #8788053

Yeah one of my vulsas is about 6" tall, I found they didn't mind transplanting at all.
Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

September 1, 2011
4:31 AM

Post #8788120

I have to take a picture of my 2 seed bods, they are still on and growing so far, I looking at them all the time, my white & apricot are flowering again, I do not know they names but I still love them, the new ones are doing well, except for the variegated one has no leaves but still green stem.

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 1, 2011
2:21 PM

Post #8788948

Good going Gena...just be careful with your watering of that variegated one, keep it on the dry side..though I'm sure you know that...
I only have 1 pod and it's been there since February...still no signs of being ready...

Thanks Colleen and Lucas...can't wait till they all flower...that's a lot of growth in a short time...they must like this weather.
Just found another snippet of info for the learners...as well as the leaf cestrum showed us, being called subequal
it is also called asymmetrical...I found that out info in here.http://www.abads.org/members/anatomy.htm
Scroll down to leaves...

Here is my first Knightii for the season...
The interesting thing about it is the clear throat...the 2nd skirt is opened...last year they were inaccessable doubles and a few singles toward the end...

This message was edited Sep 2, 2011 8:49 AM

Thumbnail by Seachanger

ctmorris
barmera
Australia

September 1, 2011
3:22 PM

Post #8789057

Dianne, I hope my Knightii flowers this year. It's about 4' high but not a lot of leaves as yet. I have a few of the KnightiiX seeds from Lucas up. They should be interesting I think, if I can keep them growing. I knew there was another name for those leaves Dianne but I couldn't think of it. Thank you. Colleen

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 1, 2011
10:22 PM

Post #8789659

Well my Vulsa X seedlings are all planted... and looking good...I didn't have any choice with separating them...when I up ended the pot, the seedlings just fell apart...so I have 12 new plants.

The cutting from Chrissy that we think is Fire Fighter Angel has 3 subequal leaves, one on each branch of the Y...but I can't find any others at the moment.

Knightii... has to flower this year, Colleen...show it the axe...
That's a pain, the snails eating your Datura...have you seen a full flower yet?
They ate every flower from my M.stellata..it's only small but it had a dozen or so flowers..doesn't it make you mad.
Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

September 1, 2011
10:41 PM

Post #8789667

Here is my sad variegated

Thumbnail by Gena1234

Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

September 1, 2011
10:43 PM

Post #8789668

The other are doing well from that lot

Thumbnail by Gena1234

Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

September 1, 2011
10:49 PM

Post #8789672

My 2 pods , i think i am going to loose one for it is yellow on the stork, the one on the left,the other is still going strong.

Thumbnail by Gena1234

Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

September 1, 2011
10:50 PM

Post #8789673

You can see better in this picture.

Thumbnail by Gena1234

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 1, 2011
11:12 PM

Post #8789677

Don't give up on your plant, Gena...as long as it isn't going soft at the bottom, it can still shoot again...
My cutting didn't have any leaves and died back from the top until it was only 3ins high...then it sent out a shoot...
Never mind if you lose one pod, I'm sure that you will have lots more very soon...I started with 3...now I have only 1...maybe..lol
ctmorris
barmera
Australia

September 1, 2011
11:18 PM

Post #8789681

Dianne here are my Vulsa seedlings.
ctmorris
barmera
Australia

September 1, 2011
11:22 PM

Post #8789690

Sorry. Messed that up. Here they are. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

September 2, 2011
12:00 AM

Post #8789699

my cutting are doing well tho. there white single.

Thumbnail by Gena1234

Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

September 2, 2011
12:05 AM

Post #8789703

The seeding are looking good, and thank I will not give up hope.

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 2, 2011
12:18 AM

Post #8789708

Colleen, they look great...what surprises are in there.

Gena, your plants really are looking good too...
A good year ahead for us all...
Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

September 2, 2011
12:25 AM

Post #8789712

Hope so, I cut one of my white ones back, it is a big y.

Thumbnail by Gena1234

Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

September 2, 2011
12:35 AM

Post #8789716

cuttings going well, just can not put a cutting in the rubbish, so I end up to many cutting. above the shed is one of my apricots all you can see is the trunk, in the wright hand corner of the shed just, the black pots are 4weeks old.

Thumbnail by Gena1234

Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

September 2, 2011
12:37 AM

Post #8789717

The black pots

Thumbnail by Gena1234

Gena1234
Cairns
Australia

September 2, 2011
12:47 AM

Post #8789721

Here is one of my apricot cuttings had leaves now balled. but still looking good.

Thumbnail by Gena1234

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 2, 2011
1:14 AM

Post #8789724

Gena that's a big chop you gave your white one...and if you can't throw Brug cuttings away, then you are officially a Brug nut like the rest of us...lol

lucas13

lucas13
Victoria
Australia

September 2, 2011
2:06 AM

Post #8789731

Nice vulas Colleen. Mine look similar currently.
Gena you are going to end up with a Brug forest!
cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 2, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8790596

Is it possible that those vulsa seedlings are only a few *months* old ...?
ctmorris
barmera
Australia

September 2, 2011
11:25 PM

Post #8791072

Cestrum my first 2 poked their heads through in early July, the rest followed a bit later and they have just grown. That's only about 7 weeks growth there. I hope I can keep them going. Here's a pic of my sanguinea from last year. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

ctmorris
barmera
Australia

September 2, 2011
11:31 PM

Post #8791076

another for Lucas to have a look at. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

lucas13

lucas13
Victoria
Australia

September 2, 2011
11:42 PM

Post #8791077

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

For the arborea cutting I just stuck it in a pot of propagating sand in the shade with a baggy, nothing fancy.
Just potted it up before...

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 4, 2011
10:45 PM

Post #8793705

Jean, your (Perfect Harmony x The Chief) x GHA pod #2 seeds are thru...one of them popped into the world a couple of days ago and it's siblings quickly followed.

The tubes and tags that I bought from BGI have arrived...the tags are ideal..too high for Tilly to grab..
I should really look for the tags buried in the pots that are about to flower...but I don't want to upset the flowering...oh well I'll get a nice surprise...

Colleen, we will look forward to the pic of your flower when it opens...I wonder what it is?
Here's Knightii again...

Thumbnail by Seachanger

77sunset
Merino
Australia

September 4, 2011
11:01 PM

Post #8793711

Great to hear Dianne. I have one up so not a total loss as yet. Maybe with a bit of warm the rest may follow. I have some of the US seeds up too. Another of Lucas' sangs has popped. up.
I put the colored baby and 3 other seedlings into big pots today. They are looking good so far. I used the mid size peat pots for the seeds, so just planted pot and all.
These peat pots are great as they hold together well but come apart easily . Not like the other awful ones with some sort of material around them.
Cant do that with the sangs as I put a few seeds in each pot hoping at least one would come up so now I will have to separate them when repotting as they grow. .Still a bit small yet .
A couple of buds fell of Waynes Giant in the wind the other day, but still a few there. As long as I get one to see it open.
I am disappointed in the candida x from France as it seems to be limp all the time. It has never looked as good as all the rest. Maybe the warm weather will help . Thats when any warm does get here. Just as it looks like warming up, in comes the cold again.
I still have a few of the larger seedlings that are 2-3 years old, that have not put out any new leaves as yet. Just a lot of 6' tall sticks . Very slow this year.
Jean

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 6, 2011
6:11 PM

Post #8796698

Wonderful to see so much going on ...sorry I am missing in action.
Too many things to do right now but the nurse has left earlier today and I got a few mins outside to take a picture before the rest of the chopping ...sadly Musketeer was just starting up ...so wave bye bye :( ...for now ...^_^.
He is up way above my head so it's an awful picture as I am on tip toes and arm way up in the air ! You can see the storm and hail damage from the past weeks. Colouring up nicely though.

Thumbnail by chrissy100

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 6, 2011
6:21 PM

Post #8796708

But here is a real thrill for me ...I had almost given up on cestrum's 2nd Pink double cuttings because it was already cold when they had arrived and going from warm to cold is always a bit of a risk with warm climate cuttings. They looked like were not going to make it. So I put them into sand on a window ledge and only watered them a few drops at a time every couple of weeks through Winter. They looked to be nothing but sticks a week ago and I found trying to snap a bit off to check for life that there was a slight hold going on and put the dead sticks outside.
Well imagine my joy this morning (after a pretty tough week ) to find these dear little sticks are throwing out new leaves ...they are alive !.It never ever ceases to amaze me how tough these things are.
The true promise of Spring is in the fresh new baby leaves popping out of what seems to be desiccated sticks, life renews itself.

Thumbnail by chrissy100

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 6, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8796722

Awe I wanted to cuddle them but restrained myself I

⁀‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫LOVE
`⋎✫.**.✫
✫.**.✫ ✫LOVE
...**.✫ ✫ ✫ My Brugs ...thanks so much cestrum ...the first two D.Pink are powering away and did not blink in Winter.

Such a difference to arriving in the earlier than expected cold temps.They arrived in warm friendly temps.
I believe over watering in Winter kills more Brug cuttings and plants than almost anything else.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 6, 2011
6:49 PM

Post #8796758

Gena wow you are doing very well and are obviously a Brug lover too ...wonderful!

Dianne you can have a Y but miss tiny buds as they start to form because a critter/ muncher or the weather has knocked off the tiny new buds. It happened more easily to doubles simply because they are a heavier bud (I am guessing here) ...as a rule Fire Fighter Angel holds the buds very well for a double (often triple ) and luckily Twilight Time does too, compared to Twilight Time Fire Fighter Angel is a smaller bloom ...more refined features. I hope you get to see the FFA blooms this Spring everyone.
A tiny bud forms in the bottom of the v shape of the Y but is often lost.

As your new seedlings are announcing their first flushes, if they drop a bloom or two you can conduct an autopsy on the poor little thing and find out if it will be a double. I knew FFA would be a double because it dropped two blooms before it's first flush, I can't tell you how exciting that was (though I was terrified they would all drop off) ...the real shock came when it was coloured !
I hope everyone will be blessed with shocks like I had with my very first hybrid double (and only the second hybrid to bloom for me too ) ...cestrum knows what that feels like and hopefully it will something you will all be blessed with this coming season.
GOOD LUCK and Go the Aussie Brugs !!!! It's Spring !

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 6, 2011
10:31 PM

Post #8797029

Congrats on getting those cuttings to grow Chrissy, I was particularly interested when I saw the pics of them...I thought that I was going to lose my Maya cutting as I explained before, it started about 30cm long and withered from the top until there was only a few cms left and it started to shoot at that small stage...

Yours have been different in that they look dried up, where as mine withered away...if I hadn't cut off the withered parts as they died, I don't doubt that it would have died completely...I don't know what causes the withering or how to stop it...I have tried anti rot...it did nothing...so it's just luck or warm weather that decides to halt it.

I knew at the time that I shouldn't have tried the cutting, but as usual enthusiasm gets the better of me and I knew that I could get more cuttings...
It happened when I tried to strike Culebra and Fernando last year,Culebra withered away but luckily Fernando struggled on...he was very small when he decided to shoot..now he's a big boy with a Y.

I noticed those tiny buds,Chrissy, they happened on my Topsy...I had to put my glasses on to discern what they were...

Here is Maya, now well on her way...but definitely no more early winter cuttings for me...the Buck's Fizz cuttings that I took about 3 weeks ago look fine...

Thumbnail by Seachanger

ctmorris
barmera
Australia

September 6, 2011
11:47 PM

Post #8797065

I just got a Maya cutting today Dianne. It's quite warm during the day here so fingers crossed it will power away. My Fernando and musketeer and Matilda are my slowest growing cuttings here. While others that I got at the same time have flowered these 3 are really struggling. I have another Arborea flower out so will be playing "hawk moths" tonight. I still have other buds to come so will keep some of the pollen for them too. All the brugs, except Lipstick have quickly grown more foliage. Lipstick has a few miniscule leaves so is still alive. I hope it recovers okay as it is a pretty one in high Summer. I'm watching FFA with great interest Chrissy. I hope to get lots of blooms from all of them this year. The six-pointed white Aztec GoldX has more buds. I'm keeping that one of Brian's as it is really pretty. Colleen

lucas13

lucas13
Victoria
Australia

September 7, 2011
12:23 AM

Post #8797072

Well done salvaging that Maya cutting Dianne.
I found it roots readily in water in the warmer months.

Does the mentioned Aztec gold x only produce 6-pointed flowers Colleen?
If so that's interesting.

I only just now read your note re: arborea flowering.
I will cross my fingers that the pollination attempt is successful!
ctmorris
barmera
Australia

September 7, 2011
1:34 AM

Post #8797088

Yes Lucas it only had 6pointers for it's first flush and is now only getting ready for some more. Colleen

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 7, 2011
1:43 AM

Post #8797089

Thanks Lucas...besides the Vulsa seeds, what will you be growing out this season?
Colleen, be a very good hawkmoth, because that Arborea x Sang cross seems to produce lots of interesting offspring..

lucas13

lucas13
Victoria
Australia

September 7, 2011
1:49 AM

Post #8797092

I am waiting for the Knightii X (open pollination) pods to ripen to see whether they are viable. I have some seedlings (as does Colleen) from a pod of the same (also open pollinated, almost certainly x aurea) that ripened earlier, so fingers crossed!

Good luck with the pollination attempt Colleen, hopefully it actually does x pollinate and accept the sanguinea pollen, not simply self-pollinate!
ctmorris
barmera
Australia

September 7, 2011
1:54 AM

Post #8797095

I've played "Hawk Moth" and closed the end up . Fingers crossed and we can all try the Flava seeds. Colleen

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 7, 2011
5:36 AM

Post #8797323

Good luck colleen fingers crossed for you ...at the least you will get the Arborea seed pod, if you are lucky a few crosses too.

One of my Arboreas is now about 8ft tall (planted in the garden) the ones in pots bloomed sooner by a couple of years, however the potted ones were in more sunshine (about half a day ).

Lucas we find that the 6 and seven points happen quite frequently in most of the warm Brugs during certain weather conditions. If you want ones that throw them as a trait Butter Bomb is the one ...it's one that does it almost all the time.
6 on Frosty Pink

Thumbnail by chrissy100

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 7, 2011
5:40 AM

Post #8797330

6 on Musketeer (one flush was almost all 6 points )

Thumbnail by chrissy100

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 7, 2011
5:42 AM

Post #8797334

6 on Melissa Amy

Thumbnail by chrissy100

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 7, 2011
5:49 AM

Post #8797345

6's and 7's on BB are very frequent.

Thumbnail by chrissy100

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 7, 2011
5:54 AM

Post #8797353

6's

Thumbnail by chrissy100

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 7, 2011
5:57 AM

Post #8797361

I will need to go through my old pics but I have pics of Aztec Gold and Bucks Fizz with 6 points too.
But as I said BB is the one that does it as a trait. So if that is what you like I recommend it.
I have always loved it ...for many reasons, not the least being it's beautiful perfume.
cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 7, 2011
6:54 PM

Post #8798283

I found that my white suaveolens had a lot of six, seven and even eight-pointed flowers this autumn.
Unlike previous years, this hasn't been a good season for seeds. I harvested this seedpod from my double pink; it was pollinated in May and the pod was definitely ripe. But most of the seeds are just empty corks--there were only two decent-sized ones in the entire pod. Plus a few very small kernels. I'm not sure that even the two large kernels are viable--they could just be empty membranes, as that's what I found when I accidentally split open a third large kernel. Hopefully there'll be some viable seeds in the other pods on this brug.

This message was edited Sep 8, 2011 11:56 AM

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 7, 2011
6:55 PM

Post #8798286

The irony is that the surplus seeds from last season are germinating well.
Here they are in the sprouter ... what a shame they aren't edible!

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 7, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8798302

So far this week I've found three of those leaf-eating ladybirds; two large grasshoppers, and a countless number of snails.
Snails, snails, snails everywhere.
You will never guess where I found this one ...
Never ...
I thought it was a burr ... when I teased it out from the hair on my cat's tail!!

This message was edited Sep 8, 2011 12:12 PM

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

77sunset
Merino
Australia

September 7, 2011
9:42 PM

Post #8798545

Cestrum you can keep all the snails up there. I have enough with the sluggies. Pity about your seeds. I guess it happens in all plants.
You cant be feeding them enough if they have to resort to munching on the cat ...lol.
Here are my sanguinea seedlings this morning.
More have popped up, but still a bit slow growing as yet.
Your cuttings are looking good. Tiny green shoots on them and the previous ones are now in large pots.
I am still watching Bucks Fizz buds. They are growing slowly.
BB and GHA have more buds. Those two make up for all the rest of the slowpokes.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 7, 2011
10:51 PM

Post #8798592

Believe me, the snails have plenty to eat here! It just shows that they'll crawl onto anything that stays still long enough (the cat was probably asleep) LOL

Your sanguinea seedlings look good. Here are the seedlings in one of the outdoor mini-greenhouses. The idea is to keep them in this fairly light greenhouse until they need potting up, and then to pot them up and move them into the large greenhouse that gets a lot of sun. Once acclimatised to that much sun, they'll be planted out into a no-dig brug bed made of sugarcane mulch.

Last year I put seedlings the size of those in the foam cups outside, in the shade, and lost a huge percentage of them (many of them my knightii crosses). So this year I want to get them much bigger before they go out into the big wide world ...

BTW, the idea is that they should make their way up the tiers of the greenhouse as they get more established. So those on the top tier will be the first to be potted up and moved on to the big greenhouse, while all the others will then be moved up a tier (it's sunniest on top). The bottom tier contains a mini-propagator of seeds, with a saucer of snail bait beside it in the hope of stopping the snails/slugs before they get to the seedlings.

This message was edited Sep 8, 2011 4:04 PM

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 7, 2011
10:55 PM

Post #8798594

Jean, here's one of your (Perfect Harmony x The Chief) x GHA seedlings, sown 29 July and looking good.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 7, 2011
10:56 PM

Post #8798595

My Bucks Fizz has started flowering. I think that really dark orange might only occur when the plant is grown in shade. Still, very pretty ...

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 7, 2011
11:13 PM

Post #8798601

This year I am not going to let the seedlings suffer from insufficient light, as these did ...

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

77sunset
Merino
Australia

September 7, 2011
11:33 PM

Post #8798607

A new breed of prostrate brugs...lol.
Cestrum, I do the same as you with moving the seedlings. This is why I have the small greenhouse inside the large one. Once they graduate to the big pots in the large greenhouse, they can then go out with the bigger boys & girls under the trees. Still lots of light for them there. You are optimistic with the saucer if pellets . I find the darn slugs will not go near the pellets unless I have them very close together around plants. I don t put any in the mini g/house as the sluggies climb the walls and then do acrobatics to get to the seedlings. Luckily they dont do much damage in there. I do spray nearly every day with a bit of eucalyptus oil in water . Seems to help a bit .
I have found that the sangs seem to be better at shedding their little cork hats too.
Jean.

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 8, 2011
12:08 AM

Post #8798626

cestrum, what a neat idea, those little plastic knives as name tags...I can't use them because of Tilly...
but for everyone else..they would be great...so cheap and a decent size for a pot label.
Didn't the sprouter do well. ...what a terrific lot of seedlings in the little greenhouse..
Jean, your Sanguinea seedlings are looking really good...aren't they good growers..

Lucas, I forgot that the Aussie Arborea is self pollinating...Colleen don't let the next bud open at all..
you will have to perform surgery if you want to be sure that you are the pollinator...

All those lovely 6/7/8 pointers...don't they look lovely...

SNAILS...everywhere.

lucas13

lucas13
Victoria
Australia

September 8, 2011
1:07 AM

Post #8798640

Yeah I see 6,7,8 pointers on my warm brugs often during the warmer months.
I just thought it may be interesting if there was a Brug that *only* produced them and never the more usual 5. But thanks for the show!! Last season my aurea had a 9 pointed flower, and very commonly has 6's.
I don't think I have ever noticed even a 6 sided flower on sanguinea...

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 8, 2011
2:15 AM

Post #8798664

Lucas, if your Aurea produces a 9 point again, please post a pic...I would love to see what it looks like.
I must check my Aurea flowers, next time.

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 9, 2011
6:36 PM

Post #8801383

It's so cold at the moment, that my warm Brug seeds have slowed right down..
The ones that started showing last week have hardly moved...
The coldies don't seem to care..they are getting their second leaves...
Is this weather in Victoria affecting everyone's seeds or only mine?

Knightii is confusing me at the moment...it can go thru 2 hailstorms without a mark on it's flowers,
but in the summer, just a hose will send it brown...maybe it likes the cold weather...it certainly came into bud very quickly after it's winter rest...
Clementine has held on to it's buds, during the high winds and the hail, so that is pleasing.

Lucas, how do your Culebras take the cold?

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 9, 2011
7:27 PM

Post #8801469

It does not like water on it's bloom Dianne.
Some of the doubles quite literally cook because the outer skirt acts like a glass house in high heat and humidity.
This is why it's a good idea to just nip off the tip of the calyx under those conditions,the water just pours out of it when you do that.

Gosh look at those poor little things cestrum ...what a shame.
I just prefer to wait, the Spring plantings catch up very quickly and make nice strong little stems.
If you plant seeds in the heat of Summer they need some shade or shade cloth.

I have had a quick hour out there this morning and was almost blown away by the icy wind, very strong and getting colder by the minute, I hope the plants will be ok in the next few 3C nights ...caught out again.
oh well at least there won't be frost.

I hope no one gets frost it's still possible in some places ...good luck everyone !

The plastic knifes do make good plant labels (nice and long).
ctmorris
barmera
Australia

September 10, 2011
11:07 PM

Post #8803097

Hi everyone. Have been out taking some pics of my littlies. Datura Purple Prince. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

ctmorris
barmera
Australia

September 10, 2011
11:12 PM

Post #8803099

SuperspotX Bergkonii another little one has popped his head through. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 11, 2011
7:28 PM

Post #8804268

At last, some good seeds--from my knightii.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 11, 2011
7:30 PM

Post #8804274

At last, a flower!
Anyone recognise this ...

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 11, 2011
7:34 PM

Post #8804282

It's hard to get a photo because the plant is tall *and* in the middle of the bed, blocked off by the branches of other brugs, pots and compost bins.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 11, 2011
7:36 PM

Post #8804285

So I had to get the extendible loppers and cut it off.
It was the only way to get a closer look at it.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 11, 2011
7:40 PM

Post #8804294

It's the wrong time to smell it--midday--yet it still carries a fragrance even now.
To me it has the typical aurea fragrance, but this may change at night.
The flower has another skirt stuffed inside. This is the first ever bloom, and occurred during very cold nights (three degrees last night), so I expect future blooms will probably have a dropped skirt and a more symmetrical shape. I have waited exactly 2 years and 1 week for this flower!
I can't wait to have another sniff tonight :-)

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 11, 2011
10:20 PM

Post #8804470

Bucks Fizz is flowering well and I've used some of its pollen on the knightii, as I don't have this cross yet.
It doesn't have that lovely orange tone to it--you could easily mistake it for Aztec Gold at the moment.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2011 3:21 PM

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 11, 2011
11:46 PM

Post #8804503

Well unless you have a doppelganger that looks like my Fire Fighter Angel before it is mature (it's still a bit green and pale).
Hopefully if there are more blooms still to unfurl you may see it fully opened and looking lovely.
Mind you some blooms that form in the cooler temps look a bit different.
It shines in the warmth.
Whatever it is Congratulations !
and good luck with Knightii x Buck's Fizz and great to see some Knightii seeds there.

Colleen yours are doing very well too.

I managed to start moving my Angels into polystrene boxes (out of the pots) for the future move.
You will never guess what I found in one ...gulp can't believe I was so silly. I use ground covers instead of mulch, so I upended a pot and a huge big brown thing fell out.
It looked for all the World like a big potato ...guess you could call it that, it was a tuber of the beautiful deep beetroot coloured sweet potato from Judy. I thought that the Angel in that pot was a short one, maybe it was just cramped because it was a very large tuber. Honestly what a dopey thing to do, I have grown the edible ones almost every year, it just did not register that they did what their cousins do.
Just putting it out there for anyone growing it, don't put it in a Brug pot ...if it had been free in the garden I think there would have been lots of tubers.
I am looking forward to watching everyone's progress, hopefully I can manage a few blooms too, Fernando is starting to take off finally, the plants I didn't have to hack are trying to put on some more leaves and buds even though the wind has been cold and extreme.
Looks like everyone will need to order in some bulk pots.
Cestrum what do you think of your special fertilizer ? are you pleased with it.
I will plant it up in a pot all by itself now, I do love them but now I have to go through quite a few polystyrene boxes of Angels to uncramp those poor things.

Thumbnail by chrissy100

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 12, 2011
5:28 PM

Post #8805765

Yes, it is FFA :-) Still a couple of buds to open on this first flush. It was only a few short months ago that the plant--the very part of it now producing flowers--was frosted, so it's done pretty well all things considered. Now that it's started flowering, the wait is over: I expect it will just continue to produce flushes of flowers until next winter.
[quote="chrissy100"]
Cestrum what do you think of your special fertilizer ? are you pleased with it.
[/quote]
The Superthrive? Mmmm, I can't say that I've noticed any great difference; in fact, one set of brug seeds soaked in it germinated *later* than one soaked in Seasol! It might be better for cuttings ...

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 12, 2011
8:44 PM

Post #8806107

Oh that's interesting. I only ever use half strength seasol on seeds and seedlings until they have quite big true leaves then I use it at proper strength and every now and then a fish emulsion at a weakish strength. I find the leaves are not very lush, more toughened with a thick little trunk and lots of roots, then after they are a few inches tall and growing well I use full strength of both until it is time to go into the big pots ...after that they get everything (manure wise) plus the fish emulsion and seasol, and the odd spray of various versions of the tonic. I like to grow them lean and mean at first (like tomatoes) then spoil them later.

I just popped in to say that I think I may finally have a cross that may give me a perfect white ...I harvested this pod just now and it is full of fat seeds that look just like the fat seeds from BB.

I expect good things from Pink Panther x Butter Bomb YAY!!!!!!!
Why ?
Long lovely tendrils from Pink Panther (both multiple flushers) hoping for multiple points with lovely curls ! both plants are unstoppable ...both very fertile, hopefully they will inherit dad's fragrance and multiple points habit and mum's lovely long tendrils. As we know (sort of) yellow and pink mostly = white.
I want that perfect white and this sounds pretty good to me ...happy day because PP is sometimes prone to empty corks if open pollinated ...this was pollinated by me thinking it would not take because it had a couple of hot days following the cross.
I also reverse crossed it so BB is carrying a PP pod too. I intend to grow all those out if I can and choose the best.
The only negative I can think of is the slightly droopy growth on PP but BB hopefully may rectify that (I personally don't mind it )
What crosses are you all intending to make this coming season ?
Next Autumn it will be the crossing of the doubles I guess. I still love a beautiful single because it presents so beautifully as it unfurls, while doubles sometimes need a couple of days to sort them selves out ...rather like Cinderella before the fairy godmother waves her magic wand.
77sunset
Merino
Australia

September 12, 2011
9:02 PM

Post #8806140

Chrissy, I am not talking any crosses until I get flowers. I am still waiting on seedlings to flower that have been growing for 3 years.
I think because I have no real sheltered spots for them and they have to struggle with the weather. in fairly open areas.
That should make them lean & mean here, but it doesnt. . I just wish they were all like GHA & BB. Strong growers with good thick trunks. I have a lot of wimpy things that I sometimes feel like tossing.
It is very frustrating when I see all your lovely plants that flower quickly.
Hubby thinks I'm mad with all these green plants that I tend regularly and see no flowers.
I am hoping that the sanguineas will do something much better.
Every time I walk around the brugs, I feel like chopping all those skinny trunks off . I would love to know how all the people with lovely short , bushy, flowering, brugs get them that way without having to wait years for just one flower.
Maybe my brugs have caught the "I wont flower" disease from the orchids. lol..
I'm having a bit of a winge because I want all those wonderful flowers too.
Jean.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 12, 2011
9:19 PM

Post #8806161

Jean I see the growers in cool climate areas over the pond sometimes wait up to 4 years. Once they start they continue.
If they were mine I would ease up on any stuff with a lot of nitrogen and use blood and bone (light sprinkle like icing sugar on a donut ) and a little potassium. You might be spoiling them too much. I can't really say because I don't have your conditions, I did see where one grower actually recommends roots being a bit cramped to induce blooming ...they sink their pots into the ground to provide the cramping plus allowing the roots to also have an escape route.
I know it is a little confusing ...we are feeling our way as we go. I know you will be living in Eden itself once they start up.
After all the most of the breeding came from Countries with snow ...both warm and cold climate Brugs.
I feel your pain but I know you will be well rewarded this coming season.
cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 12, 2011
9:41 PM

Post #8806181

Dunno about cramping roots to make the seedlings flower faster. The seedlings that I transplanted in the ground have flowered earlier than those still in buckets. I also used to have Old Apricot plants in pots that went on a flowering hiatus for two summers (they had flowered before), despite receiving morning sun and regular watering and feeding. They started flowering again when I moved here and planted them out. So it doesn't work for me, but who knows ... maybe under different conditions ...?

Jean, the sanguineas might well flower in less time in your cooler climate.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2011 2:42 PM
cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 12, 2011
10:50 PM

Post #8806210

I'm interested in comparing the blooms on my Bucks Fizz with those on Aztec Gold.
Can you spot which is which?

This message was edited Sep 13, 2011 3:58 PM

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 12, 2011
10:52 PM

Post #8806211

Aztec Gold was the larger bloom, on the left in the above photo. Colour-wise, there's very little difference between the two.
Can you spot AG here?

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 12, 2011
10:56 PM

Post #8806213

AG was the one in the centre above.
You can see the differences most clearly in this photo. AG is noticeably larger than BF, while BF has a more rounded bell-shape to the bloom. Plus, the BF bloom here is a bit darker than AG, a result of the age of the bloom I think. (A day younger than the BF blooms in the earlier photos.)

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 14, 2011
9:14 PM

Post #8809007

Lovely pictures cestrum, I love the shape of the AG and I love the colour of Buck's Fizz (sometimes AG can be quite a similar colour to BF but not often. I would call AG a flouncier and more frilly Brug than BF.Love them both of course.Both throw extra points quite frequently but AG more than BF (here in my garden).

Jean how is your variegated baby going ? hope it is traveling well.

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

September 14, 2011
10:36 PM

Post #8809040

cestrum, I couldn't tell the difference until you pointed out the roundness of BF's corolla edge..
The first pic I thought that AG was BF and vice versa...because of that star shape that BF makes before it opens...I don't have AG, but it obviously does the same...

My Clementine is just about to open...they look a bit squashed in the calyx so they might be wonky for a while...It's a shame that it does that..it is such a beautiful thing and the perfume is one of the best in all of my garden...that's why I have taken cuttings to put in pots near my door...that way I might have at least one in flower thru most of the warm weather.

Lots of seeds germinating at the moment and the Vulsa x's all have their second leaves...
It will be interesting when the first ones flower, I wonder if they will only take 4/5 months..
I wish we knew how the seeds went, that Alan sold to OZ last year...I don't care who bought them, just how they went...I remember he said that she bought quite a few crosses...so I hope she gets something special out of them..

Oh well, we will have ours soon enough...
Yes Jean...how is BABY?
77sunset
Merino
Australia

September 14, 2011
11:29 PM

Post #8809050

Baby is in a bigger 6" pot now and is looking good. The next tiny leaves look a bit variegated so far.
I tell him every day, that he is to survive and grow.
Jean.

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 15, 2011
12:19 AM

Post #8809070

[quote="77sunset"]Baby is in a bigger 6" pot now and is looking good. The next tiny leaves look a bit variegated so far.
I tell him every day, that he is to survive and grow.
Jean.
[/quote]
... and keep the variegation!

Here's the first bloom of the season on Peanut x Ruffles and Flourishes. It's not a bad colour, considering the plant got a little frosted over winter. You can see a hint of yellow amid the pink. The leaves look terrible though, and I don't think it's the frost because the new leaves look the same. Mite damage, I guess.

This message was edited Sep 15, 2011 5:20 PM

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 15, 2011
12:23 AM

Post #8809075

And here are the remaining blooms on the first flush on FFA. Still very pale, although its leaves are healthier than those on the above double pink.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 15, 2011
3:54 AM

Post #8809120

Thanks cestrum ...yes those blooms are still greenish. FFA has very good mite resistance. When it is warmer at night the colour and form of the trumpets will be much nicer. New Orleans Lady also is very pale sometimes and FFA looks quite a lot like it's pollen parent.
You should not worry too much about Spring blooms (as specially doubles) being perfect,some of my favourites look Winter stressed. Alistair explained once that if a bloom starts in cold temperatures it can affect the result.Just look at Clementine, such a lovely Brug but it is not perfect in early Spring (here where it gets pretty cold ). I think your Brug will sort itself out as the weather gets better.

Jean ...well I got brave tonight and am soaking your seeds. Your crosses look pretty good (seeds seem pretty good-hard to tell when they are so small ) the USA ones don't look viable to me but I am soaking them too ...fingers crossed I am wrong, thankyou for the seeds.I will do my very best to flower them for you ^_^ , great news re your variegated baby ...keep it going.

Dianne the gardener who you were asking about has not been in the forums for a very long time, many people who came in to get seeds and cuttings just disappear, I often wonder if it is because they had no luck with them and were too embarrassed.
I am guessing since we have not heard again that probably they were not successful.
I guess if the Ebay is suddenly flooded with cool climate Brugs out of Australia you will know who they are.
I sent out dozens of lots of seeds and cuttings and only a handful of people ever let us know how they got on. I don't regret it because people have been so generous to me and I was spreading the Brug Love, but it is a little disappointing never to know how they went, I will say the seeds I sent to this person went to a Sydney address.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 15, 2011
3:57 AM

Post #8809124

New Orleans Lady in the paler mode ...scroll down for the many faces. See where FFA gets it from?
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/215350/
cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 15, 2011
3:49 PM

Post #8810020

Here is a FFA bloom this morning. Look at the size of the flower! I think it's in pretty good condition given the incredible number of frosty nights we've had over winter, plus the continuing cold nights so far this month (3 to 4 deg. C over the past week).

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 15, 2011
3:52 PM

Post #8810026

And here is FFA with the double pink--what a pretty pair! Both scented, although my nose is now confused about what smells like what. But I do remember the first FFA bloom changing from that distinctive aurea fragrance the first night to a richer, more complex perfume on the second night: beautiful :-)

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 15, 2011
6:00 PM

Post #8810210

oooooooo ... I love it !!!!!!♥( ̮) I see beautiful baby Brugs out of that combo ...thanks so much for the lovely pics cestrum and well done (I hope they have a date soon ...what a lovely couple and holding a great set of genes both sides ).
cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 15, 2011
6:15 PM

Post #8810225

FFA has a plumper bloom--look at the corolla tube compared with the pink. Mind you, the corolla on the pink isn't always so narrow but it is generally narrower than FFA. Alas, this will be one of the hardest crosses to make because (1) the blooms on FFA are only accessible by cutting them down using the extendible loppers (so FFA can't be used as a pod parent); and (2) the pink sets a lot of blooms with deformed innards that can't be pollinated, so it's very hard to use it as a pod parent too--I have only one pod from all the flushes of blooms last season. (It's still to mature and, although it looks healthy, seed viability is still unknown.)

But they do make a lovely couple :-)

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 15, 2011
7:24 PM

Post #8810327

Hmmmm must explore ways to overcome the height thing, are you scared of heights ? I have managed a sort of stunted Elfin Pink with blooms by growing the short stork with the Y and keeping it contained in the same pot for three years (yes it is root bound. Surprised ...I am. I did that to harvest pollen off the blooms. Elfin Pink is a tall one too.
But no matter what I do FFA wants to reach for the sky before blooming (also a trait shared with NOL along with the perfume), I will keep trying though.
How tall does your D.Pink grow ?
I think we have to cut into a twisted multiple bloom, go in through the side to access the parts we want to use, must look into it further, I never really paid as much attention to crossing doubles because who knew we would have them so soon.
Sometimes when FFA is only doing a double instead of a triple I can see the stigma so if only I could get it where I could reach it, it would be simple.
I found too with FFA the tube seems slimmer when it is only a double and a bit fatter when it is a triple, it's pretty hard when it is so tall to really see it properly in a lot of detail.
Yes they really do make such a pretty couple ...I am thrilled to see them together like that .♥
Edited to say I love the thin tube on your D.Pink very Elegant.♥

This message was edited Sep 16, 2011 1:28 PM
ctmorris
barmera
Australia

September 15, 2011
7:50 PM

Post #8810365

Cestrum the two of them are just beautiful. Good on you. Great work. I have just planted 17 Mango Kornet OP seeds. Hope a few come through. The vulsa seedlings are powering away now. The biggest of them is about 10" now and there's another few not far behind. I wonder if I'll get flowers this season?????I have 3 Knightii seedlings that are going fine, the others just didn't come through or met the snail or slug brigade. I have 4 SupershotX seedling that I'm going to pot on in a minute but none of the last lot of US seeds have shown their heads as yet. That's a pity as there were some nice ones in that lot. I might re-order when the time comes and see if I can get some more if these don't do anything. Brian's 6 pointer Aztec Gold X has more buds. One is nearly out, so we'll see if it is going to continue with the 6 points. BB is flowering his head off. Gee he's a beautiful one. Clementine has buds with one nearly out too. RFP has only one bud at this stage but I'm sure she won't disappoint me after last years wonderful performance. I'm really looking forward to some of the seedlings and cuttings getting their first blooms this season hopefully. It will be a great year for all of us. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 15, 2011
8:44 PM

Post #8810409

BB is a true star for sure Colleen ...your garden sounds like an exciting place to be right now.
Looking forward to the show, my turn to watch all your babies now everyone ^_^

Good luck and fingers crossed for your Brugs this coming growing season.
cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 15, 2011
8:45 PM

Post #8810410

This forum will be overflowing with photos of first-time blooms over the next 8 months or so. I'm always esp. keen to see the seedlings (of course!) but the cold-climate brugs are additionally exciting to watch from here, whether grown from cutting or seed.

Chrissy, the problem is not just FFA'S height--it is roughly as tall as Elfin Pink, which happens to be growing in the same bed and is almost as hard to reach. But I have others that tall, eg Pink Sweetie, that I can still reach. The problem is that, in addition to height, FFA is in the middle of a bed surrounded by other brugs/plants, large pots/tubs and even compost bins, so I can barely touch the trunk much less have any hope of pulling it down to pollinate the blooms. It's that combination that makes pollination near impossible. I wanted to protect it on all sides, which I've done rather too well LOL

This message was edited Sep 16, 2011 1:51 PM

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 15, 2011
8:55 PM

Post #8810424

Oh yes been there and done that, I will have to figure out some way to use the blooms, I suppose you could borrow some of Wayne's moths, and hope they cross them naturally but having had FFA way too tall for 3 years now and pod less I think it will need a helping hand, I am going to be brave and ask in BGI how they deal with this problem.
Looks like the ones you have will need to be grown on from cuttings planted out in a more accessible position.

So pretty together ...

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

September 15, 2011
8:58 PM

Post #8810425

I think it would be really nice if started the next thread with a couple of those pretty pictures they deserve pride of place as our Brug season commences and they might bring us luck ...we are almost 100 posts.
cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 15, 2011
9:02 PM

Post #8810431

I've already made a start with FFA by cutting off the branch growing near ground level (not a sucker, as it's growing from the main stem) to strike as a cutting, not specifically to pollinate from but just to plant it somewhere where I can more easily smell it. I thought near the front steps because it would be at just about the right height to sniff when standing on the landing.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

cestrum_SEQ
West of Brisbane
Australia

September 15, 2011
9:06 PM

Post #8810438

Ok, we've moved to here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1220121/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Australian and New Zealand Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the new Australian Gardening forum Terry 28 Oct 21, 2009 10:20 AM
Where are you in AU . holty 219 Aug 22, 2014 8:21 PM
soap tree aka 'Sapindus Mukorossis' is it available in aus'? gardenlen 15 Jul 18, 2013 2:22 AM
bromeliad-blanchetiana ? boofhead 7 Dec 30, 2011 7:42 PM
What you don`t want to see in your garden. ginger749 93 Sep 5, 2007 9:05 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America