Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Peppers: Fatalii Peppers

Communities > Forums > Peppers
bookmark
Forum: PeppersReplies: 1, Views: 75
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Dirt_Man
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2011
6:33 PM

Post #8787699

I have a bumper crop of Fatalii peppers, any suggestions on receipes? I have been freezing and drying them but would like to find a receipe using fresh.
lofilofo
Union Bridge, MD

December 14, 2011
9:28 PM

Post #8930153

i've got a pretty good guacamole-type recipe that i came about this through experimentation. fatali's citrusy flavor and unique heat make it my preferred pepper for this.
...a rough guide:
take an avacado and an almost ripe mango (before it gets too soft - about the same consitency of the avacado, actually). peel and dice them both and blend them up. throw in however many fatalis you want, and blend it all until smooth. or not quite smooth, if that's how you like it. i usually use one or two peppers per batch, more if it is only for me!
then just add some lemon or lime juice, a splash of avacado oil (or olive oil), some salt, black pepper, and any other tastes you may want.
occasionally i'll add a hot sauce with a good flavor, but i always try to compliment the sweetness of the mango. other fruity habanero type peppers work great, such as caribbean reds.
it's a little different every time i make it, but people request it often.
even the people that curse a little at first go back for more... heh heh
good luck, and if you make a bangin' variation of this, let us know!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Peppers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Name This Sweet, Sweet Pepper Tplant 117 Apr 3, 2008 12:24 AM
pepper plants started HERBIE43 7 Oct 11, 2007 12:56 PM
Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers - What Do You Do With Them? Breezymeadow 21 Mar 20, 2008 2:58 AM
fish peppers up and growing HERBIE43 32 Jul 24, 2009 8:35 PM
Peppers resource thread - opinions & suggestions, please Terry 13 Aug 31, 2010 10:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America