Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Autumn Comes: Reflections of beauty

Communities > Forums > Article: Autumn Comes
bookmark
Forum: Article: Autumn ComesReplies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
3pmp
Slocan, BC
(Zone 3a)

September 5, 2011
1:17 PM

Post #8794660

Hi Kathleen, In my part of the country on the opposite coast from where you are the weather is warm here and my pumpkin are still growing with a slight tinge of yellow on one pumpkin that I hope will yield some nice pies for me this fall and winter. I am eating my bush beans for dinner all the time which have yielded a bountiful crop for me to enjoy. We had a lot of rain and cold weather here earlier this spring so we are enjoying the good weather at this time with the sun out and the skies all clear in Slocan, British Columbia where we just celebrated our 110th anniversary of becoming a village yesterday.

Alan (3pmp)
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 6, 2011
4:21 AM

Post #8795549

Hi Alan,

We've had a cool down here - 60s (F) for highs and headed for some rain leftover from tropical storm Lee. It has either been in the 90s (F) and dry for weeks or chilly and rainy this summer. My pumpkin seed never germinated, but we had yellow and green beans and the zucchini is just getting started along with the tomatoes.
Congratulations on your village's birthday. We're in an area of NY that was settled later than most of the state, the towns are all in the area of 150 years old. The farm that we're on is over 100, though not in our family, we are the first generation of 'us'. It has given us some very old flowering plants, roses and herbs. It's been an adventure figuring out what some of them are.

Thanks for reading my article!
kathleen

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Autumn Comes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Just love it dmcdevitt 4 Sep 18, 2009 4:39 PM
Thanks.... oldkate 2 Sep 22, 2009 3:02 AM
Autumn daphnep 1 Sep 19, 2009 10:38 AM
Autumn shellsnarow 1 Sep 19, 2009 10:38 AM
autumn rosemery 1 Sep 21, 2009 12:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America