Appallingly bad pix volume 20

Marlton, NJ

Good one Margaret! At least its a colorful bird!
Thanks for starting the new thread!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

hmmmmm......

Thumbnail by nanny_56

or this one.....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

can't say I didn't try.....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

yup....lots of booty shots today! lol

This message was edited Sep 7, 2011 5:10 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Wait, wait for me. lol I've gotten my shares of bad pix as well. Thank you Margaret for the new thread.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

But what a cool angle!! Look how big those wings are!!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks for starting the new thread with such colors! Margaret.
You certainly did try Nanny, lol, you must be getting better bad shot then me, cause Resin can still ID them.
Haaaa bad bird, he could have at lease, turn it's head around, so we could have a look at him. Kim.

Whoops, my excuse is, It's started getting cold up here, I shivered. lol

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

LOL, Burn, the bird didn't turn around because of this fella. Not that it minded the photo op. lol. Heeeheee, Nan, his wingspan is big alright! BTW, burn are those some cormorants? Also how cold is it getting to be? It's in the pleasant 60'ish here during the nights.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
PERTH, Australia

Your guess is as good as mine.

Thumbnail by MargaretK

LOL!!!

ehhh...quite hiding behind those leaves!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

quite awful shot of an Eastern Wood-Pewee...I think!

This message was edited Sep 23, 2011 4:49 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Awww, migration time right? Canadian Geese pair arrival. Only bad thing about this is .... the photographer didn't catch the pix in a presentable manner. lol

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Ya know I have not see or heard any geese. Seems like I see them in the spring but never catch them on the way back in the fall. Weird!

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from nanny_56 :
Ya know I have not see or heard any geese. Seems like I see them in the spring but never catch them on the way back in the fall. Weird!

Not that unusual - birds often use different routes northbound and southbound, so as to make best use of different feeding areas and weather conditions. Maybe an area near you has very good food supplies in spring, but not in autumn.

Resin

Thanks Resin...it has baffled ever since we moved....though we have lots of farm fields surrounding us. But lots have not yet harvested their corn and beans....so that may be the reason. I never thought about food supply.

Sandusky, OH

I thought this one was appallingly backlit and I,m appalled at the photo's you have all shared!

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Imagine that! So what's the saying? ... "One man's trash, another wowan's keeper". (well I've to change the saying a bit), 'cause I LOVE that shot! LOL, Burd, a Crow after the Hawk?

PERTH, Australia

Still a great action shot, Burd.

Sandusky, OH

Yes on the Crow Lily...the Red-tailed Hawk was carrying what looked like a rock above a parking lot...or was it a Turtle...not sure but the Crow made a couple dives at it and I was shooting too close to the sunlight.

PERTH, Australia

See the white smudge? It's a cabbage white butterfly that flew in front of the camera when I was taking a shot of Dad Osprey landing on the nest.

Thumbnail by MargaretK

WHAAAT.....

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Good bad ones, y'all! LOL

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Okay, help me figure out what am I doing here? Over exposure? Or is that under? LOL

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Okay, what happened here? ROFL, I'm just out of lucks.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

First is over-exposed, difficult to do anything with it. Second one there is very rescuable - brighten a bit, reduce blue tones slightly, bump up saturation a little, and straighten it.

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin
PERTH, Australia

... and then remove it from this thread as it's now too good to be here.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Awwww, okay, okay let's move it to our daily thread. lol. Thanks Resin for your help. Thanks Margaret for the suggestion.

(Zone 5a)

Is it a Chipping, Fox, Song, or What? At least I am pretty sure it's a sparrow. The grass and corn looks nice. :P

Thumbnail by Chillybean

I'm thinking probably Lincoln's, but not 100% sure on that pic

Resin

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ok, it's my turn to share some .... a Northern Flicker which I was so happy to see and caught a glimpse of.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
(Zone 5a)

See my lifer? The Double-crested Cormorant. I am not sure I even want to explain, it's kind of embarrassing.

I was having a hard time because our new camera has a pretty good zoom and the bird was bouncing all over the place. Besides that, I was still figuring out all the buttons. Well, one of the birders loaned me their tripod so I could stable the camera. I didn't want to look too foolish. I have this cool camera, so should know how to adjust a tripod, right? :p Well, I couldn't get it to move to where I wanted it to, so I snapped the picture, poor and all.

But I think the trees are very pretty.

Thumbnail by Chillybean
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Tehehehehe, indeed, the trees are very pretty. lol with you.

Don't ya just hate learning a new camera! lol

Myrtle Warbler was faster than my finger! lol

Thumbnail by nanny_56

so was this Blue Bird! lol

Thumbnail by nanny_56
PERTH, Australia

Truly dreadful, one and all.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Though, I must say. The falling leaves are a good signs of Fall. Don't you think? LOL

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Those black dots in the sky 'respresent' the Canadian Geese, honest. :)

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.