ceramic stove top

Boularderie East, Canada

I have a ceramic stove top and I have taken good care of it and clean it with a scrungie made for ceramic stove tops along with vinegar and baking soda. It has worked well until now. My burners that I use the most have a black coating on them. Kind of looks like soot, but it won't come off. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sorry, can't help. Good luck.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I thought I posted a response earlier today but guess it didn't go through...you might try a razor blade or scraper (some stoves come with one, but if not just try a regular razor blade)

Batesburg, SC(Zone 8a)

I have had the glass stovetop now for a year, and find that the new razor blade works the best. I do the razor blade cleaning once or twice a month though. Not every time I clean the stove top. I only use the polishing compound cleaner two or 3 times a month. For the most part, I wipe the cool stove top down with my fresh soapy sponge, then use windex and a clean rag to get off the smears. That, I will do daily.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

When using a razer blade use water or windex with it to avoid scratching your cooktop. This works for me. Bon Ami and Bar Keepers Friend is good too.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I use a razor blade on mine.
I wonder if you can do home canning on this type of stove top? Has anyone here canned on one before?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.