Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Kitchens: ceramic stove top

Communities > Forums > Kitchens
bookmark
Forum: KitchensReplies: 5, Views: 36
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
remnantt
Boularderie East
Canada

September 7, 2011
5:18 AM

Post #8797211

I have a ceramic stove top and I have taken good care of it and clean it with a scrungie made for ceramic stove tops along with vinegar and baking soda. It has worked well until now. My burners that I use the most have a black coating on them. Kind of looks like soot, but it won't come off. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 7, 2011
7:09 PM

Post #8798309

Sorry, can't help. Good luck.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 7, 2011
7:37 PM

Post #8798333

I thought I posted a response earlier today but guess it didn't go through...you might try a razor blade or scraper (some stoves come with one, but if not just try a regular razor blade)
moxies_garden
Batesburg, SC
(Zone 8a)

September 11, 2011
11:41 AM

Post #8803655

I have had the glass stovetop now for a year, and find that the new razor blade works the best. I do the razor blade cleaning once or twice a month though. Not every time I clean the stove top. I only use the polishing compound cleaner two or 3 times a month. For the most part, I wipe the cool stove top down with my fresh soapy sponge, then use windex and a clean rag to get off the smears. That, I will do daily.
curvesarein
Kingman, AZ
(Zone 7b)

October 6, 2011
11:24 PM

Post #8839153

When using a razer blade use water or windex with it to avoid scratching your cooktop. This works for me. Bon Ami and Bar Keepers Friend is good too.
FrillyLily
springfield area, MO
(Zone 5b)

November 22, 2011
8:12 AM

Post #8901378

I use a razor blade on mine.
I wonder if you can do home canning on this type of stove top? Has anyone here canned on one before?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Kitchens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
If you were replacing a countertop, what would you choose? LooneyLinda 198 Apr 30, 2014 6:14 PM
As requested on another thread, here's my kitchen re-do Connie_G 53 Jun 3, 2007 5:32 AM
anyone use Sears to reface cabinets? ssdogwood 15 Aug 3, 2007 10:21 PM
Our kitchen is done ! CountryGardens 24 Oct 13, 2007 3:12 PM
Stainless Steel Appliances - Any suggestions?? azrobin 18 Jun 3, 2010 3:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America