Dishwasher Soap

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I use Finish Dishwasher soap. It is dry cube of soap with a pink ball in the center. The pink ball supposedly works to prevent spotting. I have been reading on this forum regarding various appliances and "oversoapping" has been mentioned as one of the problems for both dishwashers and clothes washers. Is the Finish Dishwasher soap cube too much soap for a dishwasher?

(Zone 9a)

I have a brand new KitchenAid and it came with a package of Finish Powerballs so that is what I have been using. The manual also says I must use a rinse agent in the dispenser so I am a bit confused also. So far no problems however.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I have a KA dishwasher also. I like the Finish product as one doesn't have to use a rinse agent.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

The rinse agent is inside, but if you don't use something that contains a rinse agent, you must add one. If you still have soap left on your dishes, there is greater likelihood that the water coming in is not hot enough. If the water that comes in is cool or cold, run the hot water in the adjacent sink for about 2 minutes till it reaches the proper temperature. And yes, use the water you're running to rinse or do other things without wasting. If you don't know if your water is hot enough, just start your dishwasher, let if fill part way with water and put your hand into the pool of water at the bottom of the tub. If it's not hot, run sink water first.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I always run sink water first to bring the temperature of the water up. I think it works much better.
I never use the "normal" setting for the Kitchen Aid dishwasher. It takes over two hours to complete the cycle. I use the "Quick Clean Up" to wash the dishes. They "usually" come out clean. Sometimes, I have to wash a few by hand. It's the looooonnnnng cycle of the normal cycle that drives me nuts.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.