Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Hydrangeas: Is it a bad idea to mix hydrangeas?

Communities > Forums > Hydrangeas
bookmark
Forum: HydrangeasReplies: 2, Views: 86
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Ispahan
Chicago, IL
(Zone 6a)

September 8, 2011
2:30 PM

Post #8799489

Hi all,

What do you all think of having H. paniculata 'Limelight' next to H. arborescens 'Annabelle' in a mixed border in partial sun? Would they look strange together?

Just wanted to ask for opinions. :-)

Thank you,
Ispahan
luis_pr
Hurst, TX
(Zone 7b)

September 9, 2011
6:32 AM

Post #8800380

I find that it is difficult to answer that because what looks strange to me is not strage to others. But it sometimes looks strange to me when I place two different types of hydrangeas side by side. I suggest you go to a nursery and place the two side by side and decide for yourself. If you do it now, they may have matured blooms that changed the original bloom colors.. Consider that too when looking at them side by side.
vanislandgirl
Ladysmith, BC

September 11, 2011
11:40 AM

Post #8803653

I love them all and most important to me is giving them space and the right sun

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Hydrangeas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hydrangea Ayesha Roselaine 9 Jul 13, 2012 2:54 PM
Cutting Hydrangeas anastatia 2 Jul 31, 2007 9:43 PM
"Forever and Ever" Hydrangea toni5735 14 Dec 30, 2008 11:10 AM
I hope this works. Hydrangeas planted in a leaf mix... kbaumle 30 Apr 28, 2009 3:20 AM
How to winter over lace cap cuttings? kbaumle 10 Jan 13, 2008 6:47 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America