-
AuthorContent
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2011
6:24 AM

Post #8800362

So, I switched things up from flowerpots for a little while... Still enjoying throwing, but wanted to do some sculpture. Besides, I had promised my mother in law that I'd make something for her fish tank.

I kinda call this one "Tree for Tea"

Thumbnail by Plants4myPots
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2011
6:24 AM

Post #8800363

Here's a pic of it not in the tank...

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2011
6:26 AM

Post #8800364

The next couple I made are a little smaller, 'cuz I'm hoping that one of the local aquarium stores might be interested in putting them on display for sale - and not everyone has a huge tank...

This one is called "Bullish", and it's about 10" tall.

This message was edited Sep 9, 2011 8:34 AM

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2011
6:27 AM

Post #8800365

This one is "Octophant", and it's also about 10" tall.

This message was edited Sep 9, 2011 8:34 AM

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2011
6:29 AM

Post #8800372

Mermaid on a shell for decoration, she's about 6" tall...

This message was edited Sep 9, 2011 8:35 AM

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2011
6:34 AM

Post #8800382

I've got a couple more mermaids, abstract "creatures", and "regular" octopus on the way. Three still need to be bisqued, two are glazed and ready to fire, and three are half glazed... so keep an eye out!
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

September 9, 2011
9:12 AM

Post #8800572

Great idea----I made a couple of things in the old days for an aquarium and I'd forgotten all about them! My son has a big saltwater tank. I'll have to ask him if he wants me to make something for it.

These are really "tubular", man!

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2011
9:58 AM

Post #8800631

Plants4myPots, those are awesome. Great job :]
mommacat11
Stafford, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2011
12:37 PM

Post #8800865

PLants! They are AWESOME!!!!! The one you made for you MIL reminded me of an octopus! You know who else might be interested in them? People that have small reptiles like lizards. The love to climb in and on things. If you go to Pet Smart or Pet Co you can see what kind of things they sell for the little reptiles.

QUestion about the fish Tank sculptures. Are you using glazes that are non toxic, do you use a clear glaze over the piece and will the water eventually wear the glaze away to expose the clay?

Deb
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

September 10, 2011
10:48 AM

Post #8802260

That wouldn't happen with mid- or high-fire clay & glazes. It might be an issue with low-fire though.
azreno
Mesa, AZ
(Zone 9b)

September 11, 2011
11:10 AM

Post #8803628

Those are so flippin' cool! Love the first and third ones best, love the larger holes and spaces, so very cool.
denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2011
7:03 PM

Post #8807415

how fun for the fish :) how do you make tubes?
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 15, 2011
8:36 AM

Post #8809493

Hi everyone! How nice to see your replies when I finally had a chance to check back in!

Momma, I definitely an using food safe glazes to finish these pieces, and I'm firing the clay to it's maturation point at cone 6 - so the parts of the clay that are exposed are vitrified, and won't "get gross" in the tank. That's not to say algae won't still grow on the surface - but the algae won't be able to damage the sculpture.

Deni, the "tubes" are thrown on the wheel and then assembled, basically - they're mostly teapot spouts. I actually took a picture of the pieces I threw on the wheel to make the first "Tree for Tea" sculpture, so I attached it to this message. I don't think I used every single piece in the sculpture and I'm pretty sure I had to make a few extra the day after to make sure the sculpture would support itself...

mommacat11
Stafford, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 15, 2011
3:29 PM

Post #8809995

I htink you have found a new market.. not only fish but small LIzards seem to be really popular now!
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 20, 2011
2:05 PM

Post #8816508

Here's a few more fresh from the kiln...

"Spiketopus"

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 20, 2011
2:05 PM

Post #8816511

"Elemutant"

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 20, 2011
2:06 PM

Post #8816514

"Triceraskull"

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 20, 2011

Post #8816515

"Octopus #1"

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 20, 2011

Post #8816518

"Squid Snail #1"

mommacat11
Stafford, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 20, 2011
2:56 PM

Post #8816573

I am so in love with your new pieces!!! YOu seriously need to market tehse!! They are awesome!
Deb
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

September 20, 2011
8:57 PM

Post #8817156

TOO FUN!!!!
zenpotter
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 4b)

September 23, 2011
5:15 AM

Post #8820324

You should look into selling them on Etsy
azreno
Mesa, AZ
(Zone 9b)

September 27, 2011
8:31 AM

Post #8826474

Spiketopus! I love that one!
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 29, 2011
7:46 AM

Post #8829060

Zen, I've met some local ladies that are into Etsy, and was invited to join them at their next meeting to get some more insight. I was on Etsy briefly a couple years ago, but didn't have much luck. Maybe with some advice from people that have had some success, and this new work I'm making, I'll do better! My biggest concern with selling these things online is shipping. The octopus and squid snails can be kinda fragile with all those spindly limbs...

Azreno, Spiketopus is one of my favs too! I've got some more similar to him that are gonna get bisqued on Saturday, but I'm loading a glaze today with a "Toothy Boobie" and another octopus in it... Can't wait!
denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

September 30, 2011
6:11 PM

Post #8831007

Plants, please share what you learn about Esty. I worry about shipping with some of my items too
I always over bubble wrap & peanut ...
azreno
Mesa, AZ
(Zone 9b)

October 1, 2011
7:50 PM

Post #8832248

"Toothy Boobie"...lmao this I gotta see!
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2011
3:24 PM

Post #8853058

Toothy Boobie

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2011
3:25 PM

Post #8853059

Blue Octopus

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2011
3:26 PM

Post #8853061

Spiketopod #2

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2011

Post #8853062

Spiketopod #3

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2011

Post #8853064

Spiketopod #4

zenpotter
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 4b)

October 18, 2011
3:51 AM

Post #8853639

The names are almost ass good as the sculptures.
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

October 18, 2011
8:54 AM

Post #8853986

Yeah---"Toothy Booby" is well-named! Makes me think of Alien...LOL!
Luvmypond
Troy, OH

October 18, 2011
1:59 PM

Post #8854295

Those are FABULOUS !!!!! What great additions they will be to any tank.
PondWarrior
Gloucester, MA
(Zone 6a)

December 4, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8915919

I absolutely love the octopus! They are becoming very popular. You should make those in different sizes. Also, you can market your own stuff at Etsy, or at Artfire. They are really good websites for artisans, and only charge you a small percentage when you sell. I have bought all kinds of things from artisans there. Found the best dog beds in the world there. L
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

December 4, 2011
1:18 PM

Post #8916131

Dog beds? What do you like about them? My dog's a chewer and she eats her beds. I'm always looking for something she will like well enough not to chew up.
PondWarrior
Gloucester, MA
(Zone 6a)

December 4, 2011
7:16 PM

Post #8916581

furbuddyproducts
Stanwood, WA, United States

her shop on Artfire: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/furbuddyproducts/2/1/94291/
her shop on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Furbuddyproducts

I have two chihuahuas, and they are very picky about blankets and beds, etc. I got two of the small round beds in navy blue. They are wonderful! Deep, warm, and very comfortable. They love these beds.
Lisa
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

December 4, 2011
10:07 PM

Post #8916749

Thanks---I'll take a look!
ItsMeChrissy
Union Grove, WI
(Zone 5b)

January 30, 2012
11:32 AM

Post #8988213

These are really cool... I never thought to make them and my husband is so into his fish tanks, now I know what to make him for his birthday!!!
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

February 24, 2012
5:27 PM

Post #9018855

[quote="Plants4myPots"]"Octopus #1"[/quote]

This is awesome - there has to be a market for you!
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 26, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9020525

Hi Biddy52!

Yes, there is! I've sold a couple of Octopi and Turtles through a store called Common Stone Pottery in Melbourne, Florida! I've also been getting a little more elaborate with the Octopi and giving them personalities...

Here's the first three finished goofballs:

"Squidbilly" has the beanie and buckteeth
"Duckface" is the blonde with the kissy-lips
"Rocktopus" is the tough guy with the raised eyebrow

I've got a few more in various stages of finishing, their names are "Ms. Glamourpus", "Captain Cephalopod" and "Oct-tech Supportus"

Thumbnail by Plants4myPots   Thumbnail by Plants4myPots   Thumbnail by Plants4myPots
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Anniesfollies
Carlsbad, CA
(Zone 10b)

February 26, 2012
11:40 AM

Post #9020799

These Octopi are so cool! Makes me want to get a fish tank and watch the little fish swim through them. About how big are they? I can't tell from the photos.

Wonder if you could sell them in salt water fish stores for those that like whimsical style decorations. You could also add the term 'salt water fish aquarium' to your descriptions online to pull in those looking at salt water stuff for their tanks. And they pay big $$$ for salt water fish so you might be able to ask more for such beautiful detailed work.
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 26, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9021132

Thanks, Annie!

The sculptures all have about a 10" diameter "footprint", and they're anywhere from 7-9" tall, depending on how their heads are angled. I've sold a couple of the first plain octopi at a local pottery shop, and just droppped off the Duckface and Rocktopus ones. I've sold a couple of the turtles pictured on another thread there. I think I'm going to stick with trying to sell them through the store since then I don't have to deal with posting ads or shipping.

I do need to try to reach a wider audience with the weirder sculptures though. Some people think they're cool, but the folks that shop in our "downtown" aren't much for weird. I had to bring home the first pink "Spiketopus" pictured towards the top of this thread, because customers would turn it so it would face the wall it creeped them out so much. :) Needless to say, the other Spiketopi and stuff with teeth never even made it to the shop.
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

February 28, 2012
12:06 PM

Post #9023422

If you make abstract sculptures that have openings like coral, the saltwater folks would probably love them. My son has a big saltwater tank----if he didn't already have it crammed full, I'd steal your ideas and make something for it!
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 28, 2012
4:01 PM

Post #9023755

Hey Ima! Who says they hafta go in a fish tank? They look pretty darn nice sitting just about anywhere... make one!
Anniesfollies
Carlsbad, CA
(Zone 10b)

February 28, 2012
4:23 PM

Post #9023776

Plants I agree. They're cool and funky looking sculptures and would look captivating placed most anywhere.

I'm a succulent fanatic and think if they were made with some of the tubes twisted upright and with large enough openings that they could be a really interesting planter for small specimens.

Of course I have probably ten projects in my head that are in line to be made first, but these look so fun!

And something fantastic just occurred to me! I have mild tremors so hand-build everything and am pretty slow. I haven't tried using a wheel for thirty years. But, these shapes don't have to be smooth, even, etc., so maybe I could relearn how to throw, which would be so much faster! I'll have to give it a try. Woo hoo!!!
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

February 28, 2012
4:38 PM

Post #9023793

Oh, heck, there's so much beautiful non-symmetrical thrown and altered work out there----if you like throwing no one would EVER know your hands aren't 100% these days!
Anniesfollies
Carlsbad, CA
(Zone 10b)

February 28, 2012
4:47 PM

Post #9023806

As long as I don't stick my thumb through a piece as I'm working I'm thinking it should work out okay. Lopsided will just add character for this.
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

February 28, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9023914

Well, we ALL do THAT from time to time...LOL!
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 29, 2012
7:39 AM

Post #9024427

Stick your thumb thru the other side and say both were on purpose, Annie!
Luvmypond
Troy, OH

March 6, 2012
12:46 PM

Post #9032308

I am trying to make an octopus for my saltwater tank. How do you keep the "legs" from cracking and breaking when trying to twist them around? I'm on my second set of legs ... lol
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 6, 2012
3:08 PM

Post #9032492

I use pretty soft clay, and depending on how noticeable the crack is, I pretend it's not there. If the crack is on the bottom of the leg where people won't see it, or if it's on the part that touches the table top - it's no big deal. The thing to watch out for is, if it's cracked AND it isn't sort of touching somewhere, the limb will be likely to break - even if it makes it through the bisque firing. I've broken a couple of post-bisque legs because they just weren't strong enough.

Post pictures when you have a survivor!
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 6, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9032523

By the way Luvmypond,

I'm not sure how you're going about tackling actually constructing your octopus - but what I do to make them "stand up" the way they do is to use a hump mold. I made mine out of plaster, but any ol' bowl turned upside down and covered in plastic will do. Just keep in mind that the height and depth of your bowl will affect your octopus-es stance. You don't want it to be too wide and shallow. I'd guess an ordinary Corelle cereal bowl would be fine for a smaller octopus. The bowl will hold up your wet octopus until he dries enough to stand on his own. You probably won't want to let him completely dry on there, cuz the legs might break when the clay shrinks.

Build the basic shape of the octopus-es head first, then wrap it up and put it aside. I throw mine on the wheel, but you can also pinch a pot or coil one. Then, build all the legs on the bowl, and then put on his head. Then sculpt the face and add other accessories.
Luvmypond
Troy, OH

March 6, 2012
3:48 PM

Post #9032540

Well, that makes more sense than the way I am doing it ... I made my head and sat it on a bowl than added the legs one at a time. By the time I got the last leg on, I was having problems getting the legs to twist. I should of asked first, I tore the legs off about 4 times now ... I'm working on getting a Seahorse tank up and thought that would be cute in there with legs pointing up. It would make a nice hitching post for them. If I ever get it to cooperate ... lol Thank you for helping me. Now I'm afraid of it breaking in the kiln, my legs look kinda skinny.

Thumbnail by Luvmypond

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 6, 2012
7:23 PM

Post #9032764

I'm afraid those legs do look mighty spindley... I usually roll the coils for the legs into cone shapes that are at least an inch in diameter at the base, and about 10" long. How long the octopus-es legs are isn't all that important, they don't even have to all be the same length, as long as they're pretty close.

Google pictures of octopus, and you'll see that a lot of them have this membrane thing that goes from between their legs, like in these pictures:

http://kidzcoolzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Giat-Pacific-Octopus.jpg
http://www.avru.org/files/imported/images/bluering2.jpg
http://www.pinktentacle.com/images/chopstick_octopus.jpg

The octopus in the second link has pretty short legs...

Would you believe the one in the third picture is made of wooden chopsticks?! I don't know how the artist did it, 'cuz the video is in Japanese...
http://pinktentacle.com/2008/10/video-chopstick-octopus/

Anyway, if you try to incorporate that membrane thing into your sculpture, it will make it sturdier and even more like an octopus.
Luvmypond
Troy, OH

March 6, 2012
8:42 PM

Post #9032840

OK ... back to the drawing board tomorrow. I'll print out a picture to go by. Thank you so much for your help. I'll get this Octopus made yet !!
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

March 7, 2012
8:16 AM

Post #9033200

When I was making snakes for my garden (a story for another day) I found that hollow coils were MUCH stronger than solid ones. You can easily make hollow coils by stuffing a dowel into a solid coil and then rolling the dowel until the coil expands to the right size---kind of like using a rolling pin from the inside. That technique might make it easier to do the tentacles...?
Luvmypond
Troy, OH

March 7, 2012
10:03 AM

Post #9033311

I walked into my pottery room this morning with fresh eyes and seen an alien head ... lol
The legs went into the trash and my alien head will be an experimental paint swatch.
I tried the tube thing ... too hard for me. I was using everything I could find, it just wouldn't cooperate with me. After a bottle of Ibuprofen, this is my latest Octopus, and my last. I honestly didn't think it would be this hard. If this isn't worthy of my Seahorse tank, I'll admit defeat. Be honest with your opinion please :)

Thumbnail by Luvmypond

Anniesfollies
Carlsbad, CA
(Zone 10b)

March 7, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9033320

Luv I think this second one is much better and won't be as breakable. I wonder if a little texture of some kind, just something basic, would add more character and be nice to pick up more depth when you glaze it; or you might have a cool crystal glaze that you're planning to use that would do the same. Whichever, I think this will look really nice in a tank.

And just have to ask, do you really have a tank with live seahorses?
Luvmypond
Troy, OH

March 7, 2012
10:46 AM

Post #9033360

I have the tank. It's a 30 gallon hex we bought used. When we filled it up, it leaked on one of the seams. So, we have to reseal it. I lowered the water till it quit leaking. Seahorses like being snuggled, so this tank will be great for a few of them. We have a 220 gallon saltwater tank, Still working on getting the diatoms under control. Wanted to take the water from the 220 for the Seahorse tank so there wouldn't be a cycle. The Seahorse tank will sit to the right of the 220. Than I have a 75 gallon freshwater and a 1500 gallon pond. I like wet pets ... lol

I did go back and add some texture to the Octopus and lowered his eyes. I think I'm happy with him. I'll go back later and take another look. At least he don't look like an alien this time ... lol

Thumbnail by Luvmypond   Thumbnail by Luvmypond

imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

March 7, 2012
11:29 AM

Post #9033404

I think it's a great improvement! My son has a wonderful saltwater tank he built into the wall between his living room and dining area. It's such fun to watch the critters!

And I hope you're recycling your clay...?
Luvmypond
Troy, OH

March 7, 2012
12:32 PM

Post #9033454

We've had this one set up about 8 months now. I just want it all clear and white sand instead of the brown crap on it... lol It will get there ... someday.

I do recycle my clay if I'm not having a moment. This morning with the alien head incident, I chucked the legs in the trash. It made me feel better. But, the legs before that, they weren't dry so they went into a bag.
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

March 7, 2012
1:56 PM

Post #9033588

I've made my best stuff from recycled clay...sometimes I think it's more workable because it's been sworn at more...LOL!
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 7, 2012
4:43 PM

Post #9033802

Much better, Luvmypond! I think he's going to do quite well in your tank! Don't forget to let us see when he's all done!
Luvmypond
Troy, OH

March 7, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9034014

Thanks to all of you for giving me reassurance on the second one. Hope it turns out (fingers crossed). Plants ... did you stilt yours?
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 8, 2012
4:52 AM

Post #9034271

Stilts? No, not at all. If you look at the gold colored octopus in my Feb 26th post, you can see how I used liquid wax on the bottoms of the legs that touch the tabletop. You can't quite see it on the other two, because when I photographed them, they looked nicer with the camera kinda angled down at them. The gold one I had to aim the camera more straight-on to be able to see his face the best, so you can see the bottoms of his legs better.

But, something to keep in mind... if you want the legs to be kind of up in the air, take a chunk of coil and prop the leg up to dry while it's still soft, and let the coil prop and the sculpture dry together. Then you can put the prop under the leg while it's firing to help keep it up during firing.

So you can see what I mean, here's a picture of the gold Rocktopus before he was bisqued... You can see the homemade "stilt" prop to keep his leg up, and the hump mold I use...

Luvmypond
Troy, OH

March 8, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9034358

He's a cutie. I just hope mine holds up during the firing. Most things, I try not to stilt. Great tip on the prop. I'll keep that in mind for future projects. You have been most helpful.
Luvmypond
Troy, OH

March 20, 2012
6:48 AM

Post #9049945

Okay, here's my octopus. He held up during both firings. Glad that is over .. I am happy with him. Now to get the hex tank leak fixed. I'll put him in my freshwater tank till we get the other tank fixed.
Also made a football for my son's tank. He is doing Steeler's theme in his. Opened up the ends for his Pleco to hide in.

Thumbnail by Luvmypond   Thumbnail by Luvmypond

Anniesfollies
Carlsbad, CA
(Zone 10b)

March 20, 2012
10:53 AM

Post #9050230

Love the octopus! The colors and texture turned out great. Should look fantastic in a tank.
Never thought of doing themed tanks outside of something natural, but the football is a a really cute idea. Bet you could easily sell those.

Your making me want to get a fish tank again. I miss how relaxing they are. Always had plectos and loved watching them move back and forth as they swam. But I didn't know they liked to hide, poor babies were always out in the open.

Can't tell from your post if your going to fix the tank yourself or not. If you've never done it, It's easy to do. Let me know if you haven't and I'll send you a DG message describing a trick a guy at a shop showed me that they used and it allowed me to fix my own.
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

March 20, 2012
11:16 AM

Post #9050243

Both look awesome, Luv!
Luvmypond
Troy, OH

March 20, 2012
11:32 AM

Post #9050260

Thank you. And no, it's still leaking. We resealed the 2 panels that leaked, let it sit 2 days than filled it. It leaked again. Would love some tips !!
I love my aquariums and pond. I can sit and watch the fish for hours. It is relaxing. I have a Greek theme in my freshwater. Oh, disregard the Steeler helmet, I took one of his plastic helmets and siliconed it to a glass paperweight. Wanted to make sure it was set and didn't float up ... lol
And I think since "Tanked" came out on TV, a lot of people are moving towards the theme look.

Thumbnail by Luvmypond

Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 21, 2012
5:50 AM

Post #9051130

Your octopus came out great Luvmypond! The glazes are really pretty, and the football is just awesome too! That sort of shape is hard to get right, especially if you didn't throw it...
Luvmypond
Troy, OH

March 21, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #9051183

Thanks Plants. I took a small sponge football and covered it in plastic wrap than laid my clay over it. After it got a little stiff,I took it off and used crumpled paper under it to keep it from caving.
I'm so glad that octopus made it. I think that was the hardest thing I've made... lol
ItsMeChrissy
Union Grove, WI
(Zone 5b)

March 21, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9051195

Love the octopus!
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

August 8, 2012
2:16 PM

Post #9234630

[quote="Plants4myPots"]Hi Biddy52!

Yes, there is! I've sold a couple of Octopi and Turtles through a store called Common Stone Pottery in Melbourne, Florida! I've also been getting a little more elaborate with the Octopi and giving them personalities...

Here's the first three finished goofballs:

"Squidbilly" has the beanie and buckteeth
"Duckface" is the blonde with the kissy-lips
"Rocktopus" is the tough guy with the raised eyebrow

I've got a few more in various stages of finishing, their names are "Ms. Glamourpus", "Captain Cephalopod" and "Oct-tech Supportus"[/quote]

Sorry I am so slow in supplying, just saw this one. These are terrific too! Hope the sales are happenin'!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Pottery, Clay and Ceramics Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Kiln fired clay questions... WUVIE 144 Sep 1, 2009 3:13 PM
Claylovers' Topics: Bios / Work / Glazes / Firings, etc! #2 zenpotter 66 Jan 8, 2009 7:22 PM
Pottery,clay jcoats123 25 Jan 11, 2009 3:01 AM
Pottery,clay,ceramics,kilns, firing, sculpture, etc. jcoats123 192 Sep 10, 2009 7:52 PM
completed one pot jcoats123 6 Jun 23, 2013 9:02 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America