Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Shells and sea glass birdhouse

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

I bought this in Cambria. Great idea, easier than Mosaic, You just trowel on the grout like frosting and set in the shells and sea glass.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Southern California, CA

Great idea for a new project!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

You can buy one in Cambria for $38.Figured I wasn't gonna get hubby to build it. He has enough honey dos.

Southern California, CA

OK, thanks!

Thousand Oaks, CA(Zone 10a)

Curves,
Some times it's just Easier to buy it! Now you have a special remembrance, and something you can copy if and when you want to. Does the transmitter (my husband was a electrician, I should remember what it's called--haha...but whatever it is - I have a collection of 5) on the top - does it have a light under it, if not can you put a solar light under it? I'll be in the Cambria area in October - going to visit Hearst Castle and then onto the aquarium in Monterey. Last year at this time was in Sedona - beautiful! And I love the 'art work' on the underpasses in Arizona, cactus and lizards, etc in stone.
Hi J2! -we still need to try and get together and visit the TS's.
Sue

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

It doesn't have a light in it, but if you could remove the top you could probably put a small solar light in. We see lots of those electrical thingies around here. The shop I got it at was an antique shop that was closed. I had to call them to open up! She lives upstairs. Another one was in the window the next day. It is in the west Village right next to the fudge shop(might be grandma's antiques(nothing fancy).

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/vacation-rentals/Cambria-California-vacation-rental-guesthouse-proID-39429.html

If you need a great place to stay for a reasonable price.

Southern California, CA

keepingactive: yes, we'll have to keep active together!

Curves: Ok I followed the link and read your cottage review & suggestions for eating...thanks.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Here is my birdhouse, easier than mosaic.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

That is such a good idea! I have waaaay too many shells in my storage in Missouri and now I know how to deal with them. Do you just trowel it on, press the shells into it and then texture it with a sponge - or do you even need to texture it...?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Just trowel it on and set the shells and some sea glass if you have it. No Need to sponge.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

^_^

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow! like that idea and your Bird House too.

Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX(Zone 8b)

Sue "Does the transmitter (my husband was a electrician, I should remember what it's called--haha...but whatever it is " MY DH is/was also its called an Insulator....lol

I love the blue/green ones

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.