-
AuthorContent
Golden_Eagle
Wauseon, OH
(Zone 5a)

September 9, 2011
2:44 PM

Post #8801018

Does anyone have a recipe for Jalapeño Pappier?

I have allot of them in the garden and would like to do something with them.
mamasita
Southern Dutchess Co, NY
(Zone 5b)

September 11, 2011
4:15 PM

Post #8804012

I'm not quite sure what it is you are looking for, but this recipe is absolutely fantastic! I make it often and have passed the link to so many others: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/jalapeno-popper-cups-2/detail.aspx

So easy, and I'm sure you can freeze for quick appetizers in a pinch.
Golden_Eagle
Wauseon, OH
(Zone 5a)

September 11, 2011
5:40 PM

Post #8804117

That sound good

I have allot of red ones and would like to make something out of them. Canned would be ideal that way I can take them to my son in GA.

Any good canning recipes?
IowaAnn
Elkhart, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 12, 2011
6:43 AM

Post #8804812

We have a bumper crop this year and have decided to try putting them whole in the freezer. This winter when we want to make something that's got a kick we'll just pull out a few, cut out the seeds and whirl them in the food processor. It's just an experiment and since we don't have time to cut them up and freeze them individually we thought we'd give this a try. I'm a member of the K.I.S.S. club. Keeping it as simple as I can is the goal.
MaryMcP
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

September 12, 2011
7:12 AM

Post #8804862

Ann, that works just fine, been doing it for years. Works fine as long as you don't need 'pretty' peppers for the recipe. ;-)

I also like to smoke them with mesquite or other flavored chips. Smoke until dry, then freeze. Love the smokey jalepeno flavor. I have a small, stovetop smoker from Cameron http://www.cameronscookware.com/Stovetop%20Smoker.aspx that works great. But I don't use it in the house but on the grill. I found one of these at Goodwill for $5 but would not have known what it was if I didn't already the its smaller version.
IowaAnn
Elkhart, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 12, 2011
8:16 AM

Post #8804958

Mary, I happy to hear that it works to freeze them whole. We weren't quite sure if it would work but thought it's better than letting them go to waste. I'm thinking about freezing whole tomatoes and whirling them both in a processor to have salsa. Does freezing tomatoes whole work? What have you used your whole frozen jalapenos for? I'm excited about it! :)
MaryMcP
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

September 12, 2011
8:35 AM

Post #8804983

Yes on freezing whole tomatoes also. Rinse under cool water before completely thawed and the skin slips right off.

We eat jalapeno's on everything but chocolate chip cookies!!
Jnette
Northeast, WA
(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2011
12:46 PM

Post #8813576

Here is one that is really good. If it looks like it might be too hot for you, too much jalapeno, then exchange more bell pepper pulp, but maintain the same amount of pulp.

Jenny’s Jalapina Jam/jelly Corrected

1 T Fruit Fresh
2 pkg MCP
40 oz zuchinni pulp
40 oz /bell pepper pulp
12 oz jalopino pulp
1 C vinegar
2 C Water
6 C sugar

Boil 8 to 10 minutes and bottle in HOT jars, lids, & rings.

added: When I make this, as with any jams & jellys, I turn the jars upside down after filling and put them on a folded towel, for 5 minutes. This helps them seal. Then turn them over so they can POP!! LOL

edited to add: This is great with pork steak, chops etc. But also, cream cheese for cracker spead and a lot of things.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2011 12:48 PM
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

September 18, 2011
5:41 PM

Post #8813957

We always let ours turn red until freeze threatens and can them along the way. We use fresh ones as needed. The Ball Blue Book gives a ratio of six cups vinegar to two cups water. Salt and garlic are optional but I don't use them since the peppers are being preserved for other use. Here are the directions...

Bring six cups of water and two cups vinegar to a boil and boil five minutes. Pack peppers tightly into clean, hot jars leaving 1/4" head space. Ladle hot liquid over peppers. Cap and process ten minutes in a water bath canner. I do all kinds of hot peppers this way.
Jnette
Northeast, WA
(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2011
7:48 PM

Post #8814136

Laurel, you have your vinegar and water amounts twisted in your different paragraphs.

I can look in my BBB and see but others may not have it. Thanks for the idea though.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

September 18, 2011
7:57 PM

Post #8814149

Oh, jnette, MIA culpable. Thanks for the correction. It is indeed six of vinegar and two of water.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Recipes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Banana Split Cake / Personal Pizzas Gayl 1 Aug 14, 2012 9:18 AM
Recipes of ALL the USA States gardendragon 102 Jul 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Crescent Lasagna Nebraska_Jewel 3 Aug 22, 2011 6:35 PM
S.Louisiana Dirty Rice justmeLisa 68 Oct 6, 2010 7:51 PM
Just for GardenDragon Brook 6 Aug 18, 2012 2:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America