NEW Christmas /or WINTER theme block swap PART 5

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Most of the blocks have been received and I'm hoping we'll have some pictures of finished projects soon!

MAILING DEADLINE: August 20, 2011. Post LOTS of pics if you can!!! For those that just like to "lurk" and follow along, pics are especially important. Besides that's how we "hook" in lurkers to become participants!

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1201238/

Time for a new thread Quilters... (over 200 posts)
1 Psychw2 (Pat) Winter theme(or floral) , hunter greens and burgundys/pinks... (or Red/WHITE/Blue ... or Pink & Black!)
2 Qulter5dbsr (Barb) Winter anycolor
3 FluStu (Stuart) Winter or civil War, scrappy... use your stash
4 Bettypauze - (Betty) Christmas
5 Helenethequeen - (Helene )Christmas Traditional colors
6 Taters55 -(Linda) Christmas, Red, Green & Gold.
7 LadybugNH (Gloria) Winter theme with blue and white and any other winter colors.
8 Housse301 (Laura) NO Christmas, scrappy
9 Jumper2 (Lucy ) Either, Christmas or winter
10. Mystery (NO name) AND wants NO blocks... LOL, just wants to sew!
11 BarefootT (Thunder) Christmas/Winter...reds, greens, blues..Lights, ornaments, snowflakes...SNOWMEN!!!
12 Mittsy (Mittsy!) Christmas in traditional colors BLING??
13 Cheriffic (Cher) Christmas in traditional colors.
14. Silioegma - (Karen) Winter theme
15 Syrumani (Nicole) TREES!!! Love Christmas trees.
16 Ladydragon5 (Janice) Christmas colors, red, forest green, gold.

This message was edited Sep 10, 2011 4:36 AM

This message was edited Sep 10, 2011 4:37 AM

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm trying to post photos but so far it won't let me. I think tomorrow I will see if the file is too big and if so make them smaller.

These are so pretty.
This is from Laura...Housse

Thumbnail by siliolegma

This is from Mystery, Thank you

Thumbnail by siliolegma

This is from Thunder.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

This is from Pat.
Many thanks they are all so pretty.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

We love pictures, thanks for posting.

Lexington Park, MD

This beautiful block arrived and it is from Betty.
I just love the hand painted envelope.

Thumbnail by housse301
Lexington Park, MD

This one if from Thunder.
So colorful . Trying to figure out how to tie all the blocks together to make a quilt.

Thumbnail by housse301
Victoria Harbour, ON

Laura, I was in a hurry trying to meet the dealing. Lol. Your proper block should be there any day! Think it was mailed out Tuesday morning

Many of mine will be turned into placemats for Meals on Wheels. Thanks to Mittsy for the wonderful idea.

Even though I moved, I will still be taking them to the craft club in the senior park where I used to live, and I still visit often.

That's nice Karen. I hope to combine all of mine from several different Christmas swaps and make a throw for my sister, one for me and 2 or more lap tops for the nursing home where I see some of my clients. I'm sorting hem according to color and then making more blocks to fill in. The first 3 cut block I made I used Christmas fabrics. I bought a white background Christmas yesterday so there is NO excuse for me not gettng with the program and getting some finished projects turned out!

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

Great blocks all. Having trouble trying to post even text notes on DG lately.

Well that is frustrating Stuart!

I'm playing catch-up today. We were given some blueberries, and we ordered 2 boxes of peaches. We need to get them frozen/ canned and the house cleaned before I go crazy (VERY short trip).

Found this Oh-So cute winter block in my mailbox today. From Syrumani/Nichole, thank you very much. I love how the snowflakes, igloos and footprints go together so well.
Did the princess pieces work for you?

This message was edited Sep 12, 2011 1:52 PM

Thumbnail by siliolegma
(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

My block came from Nichole today too and it is just like yours Karen. Thank you so much Nichole. I love the fabrics too and already know just where it will go....

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

A phenominal block from Nichole in perfect, perfect colors. Thanks so much.

Thumbnail by FLStu
Victoria Harbour, ON

Oh happy days..got a box of goodies from our Thunder...

Included in the box is a beautiful christmasnblock...charging batteries and will post later tonight or tomorrow morning..just live it and all that was included in the box..

thunder, thanks sweetie..

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I'm glad you guys like them. I know that looks like a fairly basic block, but when you start putting like blocks together, you get two different color + signs . . . really cool.

Karen - I still have plans for some of the princesses, but my daughter has seen them, and so it's "mommy can you make this" or "mommy can you make that". I think a few of them may still be used for what I originally intended . . . did you find the postage $ in your block?

FLStu - I know those are not technically civil war materials, but I did look online, and from what I could see, these materials I already had, and were fairly close to civil war-ish . . . and since you said "scrappy" . . . well, those are my scraps, etc.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2011 6:21 PM

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

ichole... they're perfect for my New Vintage quilt. Exactly what I had requested. Scrappy in the spirit of Civil War fabrics.

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

rec'd my block from Nicole as well. Traditional Colors same block thank you .

Yes I did get the postage Nichole, Thanks.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

I also received a beautiful block from Nichole, in lovely shades of red, and green and white.....Nicole if you have a photo you can post it...or I will do so in a few days.
I am sorry and don't mean to tease....butttttt I wanted to acknowledge it right away, and I am just too tired to deal with the camera, and down loading....

Lexington Park, MD

I also received a beautiful block from Nichole.

Thumbnail by housse301
Lexington Park, MD

Betty I am truely honored. I just love my blocks .

Thumbnail by housse301
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

You know, I was in such a hurry to get them out, I forgot to take any pix! Maybe one of the others that got a red/white/green block will post a pic. All the blocks are in the same pattern, just with different colors . . .

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

This is the block i received from Nicole (Syrumani). Thank you Nicole. I love it. Worth waiting for.

Thumbnail by mittsy

in going through my blocks and chruning butter about them what to do with them...

I did find a possibility on P&B Textiles "Toomuchery" quilt but I didn't want the christmas quilt too big. Any Ideas other than placemats or runners.....

Helene, how about my favorite, a tree skirt?

And there are always pillows!!!!

I'm making a skirt right now called a speedy spiral,free pattern from Sulky. It's for next grandson getting married in March. Tree skirt is shower gift. Will do quilt for wedding gift. Plus making brides gown.

here we go "brides gowns" that is soo much fun. This quilting separates the men from boys, I mean rip rip and rip, then you have it together it's up side down, then you think you have a pattern and it stinks in reality was nice in my head. Separates woman from girls....

What pattern will you use for wedding gift.? HD

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Quoting:
in going through my blocks and chruning butter about them what to do with them...

I did find a possibility on P&B Textiles "Toomuchery" quilt but I didn't want the christmas quilt too big. Any Ideas other than placemats or runners...

I'm thinking I am going to frame some of my blocks to use as wall decor, as well as placemats, pillows, etc . . .

Haven't decided on pattern for wedding quilt yet. I have 2 quilts to make, promised one to newest granddaughter too(grandson's wife). Will go to TN for month of Feb. to do wedding sewing as I will also be making for great grand daughter as flower girl, and probably for another granddaughter as brides maid. If I don't sew hers I know I'll be doing alterations.
I have so many pretty 5" squares in blues & yellows I will do one of the quilts in D9P with those. Maybe use that 3 cut block for the other. Nothing to complicated at this point.

The thing I do love about living up here is the awesome quilt shop in town. I downloaded a coupon from their web site for 20% off "in stock" rulers. Wouldn't you know the one I needed had to be ordered? Guess what? They gave me the discount anyhow. They also want me to bring in the pattern so they can see what I'm doing, when I come to get my ruler tomorrow. I remember when I spent a winter up here a few years ago, they were so much help with a project I had going then.

Nicole, got the block, THANKS! I especially like the blue background candy cane fabric.

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

Hello everyone I have missed you all so much. So many things have gone on and I am just know getting back to my life. I have my Christmas/Winter blocks ready to go out I am so sorry these are so late. I will hit the PO at lunch time tomorrow.
I know I owe from one more block swap and I owe a very very patient someone a pot holder I will get them out I am trying to catch up I fell so far behind. I hope you all like them and that they were worth the wait.

Luv Cher

What a wonderful surprise to see you post Cheryl. We have missed you and I know I speak for all us when I say "Welcome Back".. How are you feeling now? Oh I'm just so glad to see you post!!!!!

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

I am feeling much better thank you. It has been crazy since April. I had to have some surgery so they did a chest xray and saw something spent my birthday getting a CT scan, It was fine I had my surgery, I lost one of my beloved dogs, and a new challenge with my Dad, who will be going through some intense treatments beginning Wed of this week. He had a bone marrow biopsy and they found he has multiple myeloma very tough. So on that note I am glad to be back and it has been so wonderfully cool here in New England and the best time to sew sew sew.
Cher

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

welcome Back Cher !! hope things work well for your Dad....and hope you just keep getting better and better....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.