Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Brugmansias: Basket-type brug

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 1, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

September 10, 2011
11:44 AM

Post #8802292

Over a year ago I purchased a cutting of Inca Sun (I think that was the name...lost the tag...) from Logees that was supposed to be good for hanging basket growth. It has been wonderful, it's blooming gangbusters right now. What I'm wondering is...if I take a cutting of one of my other brugs from the "Y" will it grow too big to put in a large hanging basket? The one I have is 24 inches across and quite deep. Or should I go even farther out and take a *Y* from a *Y*??? Anybody tried this?
bettydee
La Grange, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 11, 2011
12:19 AM

Post #8803128

Kenboy had a bunch of different Brugs growing in hanging pots. His Orange Sunshine seemed the best suited for growing in hanging pot because the distance between "Y"s was very short. Somewhere in the Brug forum, there is a thread discussion about Brugs in hanging baskets, but I don't remember if many specific Brugs were mentioned. You would have to try different ones and see what happens. Most will grow too big for hanging baskets very quickly. Brug root systems are usually too large and quickly outgrow the basket. Try to find Brugs that have "Y"s set close together. I used to have a Brug with "Y"s no closer than 2' - 2-1/2'. Something like that would be unsuitable for a hanging basket. The single orange flowers were gorgeous, but there weren't too many of them and the plant took up a lot of room. I finally tossed it.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America