Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Welcome Mat: I'm BACK!!!!!!!!

Communities > Forums > Welcome Mat
bookmark
Forum: Welcome MatReplies: 2, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JanLynn
(Jan) So Milw, WI
(Zone 5b)

September 10, 2011
2:38 PM

Post #8802538

I've been gone for awhile.

Was permanently laid-off from my job as a Receptionist @ a "well-known" Brokerage Firm in March, 2008. Was on unemployment. Started a new job as a Receptionist in October, 2008, for a company that 'sucked' (unfortunately didn't know that at the time...) and again joined the ranks of unemployed in March, 2009...think that the month of March is a 'bad mojo' month for me?!?! Started working as a temp employee for an Employment Agency in the fall of 2009 and that lasted until I became ill in Dec, 2010 and was in the hospital during the Xmas holidays (was actually admitted on Christmas Day. I was given a 'new' antibiotic to which I suffered a serious allergic reaction to resulting in my being permanently disabled.

I missed DG very, very much and am back...

Jan (JanLynn)
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

September 10, 2011
6:15 PM

Post #8802820

Welcome back.
Are you well enough to garden?
JanLynn
(Jan) So Milw, WI
(Zone 5b)

September 12, 2011
8:27 AM

Post #8804970

Thank you, missingrosie, for the welcome back.

Last summer, b4 I knew that I'd be incapacitated this summer, I planted a lot of perennials (5 different Hardy Dinnerplate Hibiscus, 4 species of Rose of Sharons, Southern Charm Verbascum, Bee Balm, Trumpet Vine, etc.) so I really 'lucked out'. I still have some Tropicals (EE's, Cannas, Hawaiian Ti Plant...) that need to be taken in over the winter but I have them planted in containers that I take the plants out of so they're easier to transport into the basement. Now I'm hoping to get some Brugmansia cuttings this Fall as I had given all mine away a couple of years ago. I started Daturas from seed and am really, really impressed with the way they grew but...still miss the brugs cause the brugs hold onto their blooms a lot longer than the dats (which only last a day).

JanLynn

Thumbnail by JanLynn
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Welcome Mat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introduction pearl 12 Jun 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Louisiana crawdad360 26 May 21, 2009 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone.... From the Chesapeake Bay Area Chesapeake 11 Jun 15, 2008 4:12 PM
Greetings from NE Kansas! azurebloom 11 Sep 29, 2008 1:04 AM
Hello from the Caribbean knotimpaired 14 Sep 3, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America