5" Holiday Charm Swap PART 2

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Original Thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1210797/

This swap is FULL.
How it works: Each person on the list will send out Nine 5" x 5" blocks to each person on the list and receive Nine blocks back. When the swap is done you will have 117 blocks (nine from each person listed). Use 100% cotton fabric only please. Each block should be different unless the member states that duplicates are alright.

Deadline: October 31, 2011 ****NEW**** extended it just a tad hope no one minds.

1) SewSassee (Bev): Fall, Halloween, Christmas, Novelty (prefer novelty prints to colors)
2) BarefootT (Thunder): Pinks, Greens & Purples (the brighter the better, any in those tones) *duplicates ok*
3) Psychw2 (Pat): Halloween,Thanksgiving, Tractors, Chickens or Novelty *duplicates ok*
4) Abbisgranma (Marion): Fall,Thanksgiving *duplicates ok*
5) ElaineAnn1 (Elaine): Winter, Christmas
6) Canadastrid (Astrid): Everything
7) Quilter5bdsr (Barb): Fall (e.g. reds, oranges, golds, browns, etc)
8) Thea1962 (Thea): Everything *duplicates ok*
9) Kizmo (Kathy): Halloween, Thanksgiving, Fall
10) MorknotMindy (Gloria M): Christmas, Winter
11) BettyPauze (Betty): Halloween or Christmas
12) Housse301 (Laura): Christmas *duplicates ok*
13) Mittsy: Christmas or 30's reproductions

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Started a new thread. Sorry it took so long, we just got home this morning at 1:30am?, after the trip from h.e. double hockey sticks! Any ways, glad to be home. Give me like a day or so to recover from the 24 hour drive and I hope to be up and cutting asap.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Sorry your trip was not a good one.... I'm glad you are back safe and sound.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Me too. It is so good to be home.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

I got some lovely squares from Marion today!!! A very nice treat, after a tough night at work!!! too tired / lazy to take pics and download right now...maybe tomorrow afternoon, before work............if I don't sleep in ....

Lexington Park, MD

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARION.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Marion and may you have many many more!!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sending birthday wishes Marion...

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Just wanted to post pics of the Charms I rec'd from MorknotMindy.... wow, didn't realize fall fabrics came in so many prints, I really need to take a quilt shop trip around the country! nothing like these around here.... Thank you so much!

Thumbnail by Kizmo
Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Lady M! Hope your day is just 'Depp-y'.....LOL

Thumbnail by Kizmo
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

A very happy day Marion. Ooooooh Johnny D., I'd have one of those.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Karen.... or two, gotta have a back-up...

Hmmmm I think it would be me who needs the back-up. LOL

Hillsboro, NH

Hi guys....I guess I'd better get on the bandwagon...Happy BD Marion...

Got my charms from Gloria yesterday....they are gorgeous!!!! THANKS so much. Will post pictures when I can...Having some trouble posting pics on the thing!UGH!

I WILL get to sorting through my piles of project fabrics and cut my chrms for all of you...I PROMISE

Karen, I have a few scraps of leaves print with that teal in it? would you like me to send ig on? I just sent you boring gold /brown print tones! LOL

Ummmm Pat? I don't think that was me. I'm not in this swap. Or is there another Karen?

Oooooooooppps! My BAD, I meant to say Kathy, see Kizmo's post up above us. She's got some great charms with teal in them.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

oh wow, sorry Pat.... the color isn't teal, it's definitely green in reality. The pic didn't look teal when I transferred it to my folders, but it sure looks teal up there..... I did notice that there is more blue/teal/brown combos in the fabric stores lately, must be an up and coming trend...

I can't remember if I sent you Halloween or Fall... I hope what I sent you will go well with whatever you decide to do!

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Just so you all know, I've been 'collecting' my stash for years so nearly all the charms I'm sending are at least three years old, and many are hovering around six, seven, maybe older. Going through my stash is such fun, I'm getting itchy fingers to start sewing something!! I feel my eyesight is getting 'old' so I've been tatting like crazy the past several months while I can still see well enough to do it so I've let my sewing go, except for the place mat swap. Cooler weather makes me want to sew.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

what ever I receive will be sashed and done as a QAYG project.... a great Fall Charm quilt! Tried tatting years ago when Gma was still around... she didn't have much patience after a couple hours and I didn't either..LOL but tatting is a beautiful art!

Lots of my charms were from my "stash" but I did go and buy a few new pieces. Some of my stash should be considered antique! I know lots of my fabric was accquired before I went back to work in 1997, I bought NOTHING from 2004 to about 2006, then went crazy for sewing again.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you Pat for the squares, they arrived yesterday . I'm still working on yours, should be going out soon.

I spent tyesterday with my sister, Mary and mom. We made some slip covers out of flannel, and fleece for a face pillow for a massage table. Our big trip to Tim Horton's was a bust. No butter tarts. They have a very limited menu. We had a cider donut as a consolation treat. So disappointed.

So sorry to hear that Horton's was a disappointment.

I mailed out over 15 envelopes that same day, you and Jean have acknowledged them so far.

Astrid, and Thea....you both stated "everything" does that mean any color goes??? or any holiday???

Gloria, some of my stash is much older than that!! much much....

this is what I got from Marion :)

Thumbnail by barefootT

THOSE are bright! Love the flip flops!

^_^

Lexington Park, MD

Great colors and I too love the flip flops.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thunder...for me any Holiday in any colour goes
My plan with the charms is, once I have them all...divide them up in matching holidays...sash each charm with black (Cathedral) and make "Holiday Friendship" Table runners/Center table cloth out of them. This way I will always remember my first swap with all you special people!!

Love the cathedral window idea Thea. I can picture it in my mind and what a very thoughtful way to show off all of us!!! Heehee

Thanks Thea

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Glad to see that I'm not the only one with fabric older than my grand daughter! She is 12 and I know a good part of my stash is much older that she is. LOL
Pat, I received another package from you! Did you mean to send me two sets of holiday squares??? Not that I mind...... I just don't want someone else to get shorted. And, I might add, they are all just beautiful.
I like Thea's idea of putting them together.
Mittsy, I envy you your day spent with you mom and sister. Mine are both gone now. I do have lots of memories of us tho.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Today I received my first Charms from Gloria!!! They are just perfect!! I just love the little chickadees...those were my DM's favourite birds...thank you so much Gloria you just made my day :)

Thumbnail by Thea1962
Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

And you just made mine! Thanks! Glad you liked them.

My blocks came today from Betty. They are soooooo pretty. Thank you my friend. I'll try to get a photo up tonight.....

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Makes me want to run to my mailbox, lol. I haven't really been home for the past week or so, so for all I know there is stuff sitting there waiting for me. :)

On an up note I have all my fabrics picked out to cut, now to cut them, ha. I am getting there slowly but surely. Thunder ~ love the flip flops! Marion ~ Happy Belated B-day. And Everyone ~ Happy Any Days A Good Day To Sew Day! Ha... hee hee.

Hillsboro, NH

Hey Pat and Betty...guess what was in my mailbox today!!!!! Lo and behold...I got 2 packets of charms. That just made my day (esp since my day was a killer).

Thanks they are gorgeous.....

I know I gotta start getting mine together and mailing.

Thea, since you are coming to Hillsboro, I will see you at Barb's and give you yours then!! OK????

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Hurray! It was Christmas in my mailbox day. =) Got a bunch of charms, some from the old swap, some from this new swap, excited. I will post pics once I can figure out where I laid my camera down, hmmm.

Hillsboro, NH

I took pictures with my camera but I don't know how to get them OUT of the camera to the computer....YIKES

Mork, double check, one should be from me and the other from Elen if you were in both swaps. Check the return address and Elen's of course has the.... opps! Has everybody got their's... let's just say it shouldn't be hard to tell which is from Elen in France!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.