Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Sewing and Quilting: 5" Holiday Charm Swap PART 2

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 225, Views: 1,192
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 10, 2011
3:47 PM

Post #8802639

Original Thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1210797/

This swap is FULL.
How it works: Each person on the list will send out Nine 5" x 5" blocks to each person on the list and receive Nine blocks back. When the swap is done you will have 117 blocks (nine from each person listed). Use 100% cotton fabric only please. Each block should be different unless the member states that duplicates are alright.

Deadline: October 31, 2011 ****NEW**** extended it just a tad hope no one minds.

1) SewSassee (Bev): Fall, Halloween, Christmas, Novelty (prefer novelty prints to colors)
2) BarefootT (Thunder): Pinks, Greens & Purples (the brighter the better, any in those tones) *duplicates ok*
3) Psychw2 (Pat): Halloween,Thanksgiving, Tractors, Chickens or Novelty *duplicates ok*
4) Abbisgranma (Marion): Fall,Thanksgiving *duplicates ok*
5) ElaineAnn1 (Elaine): Winter, Christmas
6) Canadastrid (Astrid): Everything
7) Quilter5bdsr (Barb): Fall (e.g. reds, oranges, golds, browns, etc)
8) Thea1962 (Thea): Everything *duplicates ok*
9) Kizmo (Kathy): Halloween, Thanksgiving, Fall
10) MorknotMindy (Gloria M): Christmas, Winter
11) BettyPauze (Betty): Halloween or Christmas
12) Housse301 (Laura): Christmas *duplicates ok*
13) Mittsy: Christmas or 30's reproductions

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 10, 2011
3:52 PM

Post #8802644

Started a new thread. Sorry it took so long, we just got home this morning at 1:30am?, after the trip from h.e. double hockey sticks! Any ways, glad to be home. Give me like a day or so to recover from the 24 hour drive and I hope to be up and cutting asap.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 10, 2011
4:47 PM

Post #8802712

Sorry your trip was not a good one... I'm glad you are back safe and sound.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 10, 2011
6:47 PM

Post #8802855

Me too. It is so good to be home.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 10, 2011
8:49 PM

Post #8803024

I got some lovely squares from Marion today!!! A very nice treat, after a tough night at work!!! too tired / lazy to take pics and download right now...maybe tomorrow afternoon, before work...if I don't sleep in ...
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

September 11, 2011
5:43 AM

Post #8803236

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARION.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 11, 2011
5:44 AM

Post #8803239

Happy Birthday Marion and may you have many many more!!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 11, 2011
7:39 AM

Post #8803349

Sending birthday wishes Marion...

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2011
7:50 AM

Post #8803365

Just wanted to post pics of the Charms I rec'd from MorknotMindy... wow, didn't realize fall fabrics came in so many prints, I really need to take a quilt shop trip around the country! nothing like these around here... Thank you so much!

Thumbnail by Kizmo
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2011
7:56 AM

Post #8803373

Happy Birthday Lady M! Hope your day is just 'Depp-y'...LOL

Thumbnail by Kizmo

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 11, 2011
8:01 AM

Post #8803382

A very happy day Marion. Ooooooh Johnny D., I'd have one of those.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2011
8:06 AM

Post #8803391

LOL Karen... or two, gotta have a back-up...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 11, 2011
8:33 AM

Post #8803443

Hmmmm I think it would be me who needs the back-up. LOL
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 11, 2011
8:50 AM

Post #8803474

Hi guys...I guess I'd better get on the bandwagon...Happy BD Marion...

Got my charms from Gloria yesterday...they are gorgeous!!!! THANKS so much. Will post pictures when I can...Having some trouble posting pics on the thing!UGH!

I WILL get to sorting through my piles of project fabrics and cut my chrms for all of you...I PROMISE

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 11, 2011
9:28 AM

Post #8803516

Karen, I have a few scraps of leaves print with that teal in it? would you like me to send ig on? I just sent you boring gold /brown print tones! LOL

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 11, 2011
10:20 AM

Post #8803580

Ummmm Pat? I don't think that was me. I'm not in this swap. Or is there another Karen?

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 11, 2011
12:09 PM

Post #8803689

Oooooooooppps! My BAD, I meant to say Kathy, see Kizmo's post up above us. She's got some great charms with teal in them.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2011
12:28 PM

Post #8803713

oh wow, sorry Pat... the color isn't teal, it's definitely green in reality. The pic didn't look teal when I transferred it to my folders, but it sure looks teal up there... I did notice that there is more blue/teal/brown combos in the fabric stores lately, must be an up and coming trend...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 11, 2011
1:16 PM

Post #8803772

I can't remember if I sent you Halloween or Fall... I hope what I sent you will go well with whatever you decide to do!

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

September 11, 2011
1:24 PM

Post #8803780

Just so you all know, I've been 'collecting' my stash for years so nearly all the charms I'm sending are at least three years old, and many are hovering around six, seven, maybe older. Going through my stash is such fun, I'm getting itchy fingers to start sewing something!! I feel my eyesight is getting 'old' so I've been tatting like crazy the past several months while I can still see well enough to do it so I've let my sewing go, except for the place mat swap. Cooler weather makes me want to sew.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2011
1:39 PM

Post #8803805

what ever I receive will be sashed and done as a QAYG project... a great Fall Charm quilt! Tried tatting years ago when Gma was still around... she didn't have much patience after a couple hours and I didn't either..LOL but tatting is a beautiful art!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 11, 2011
2:00 PM

Post #8803821

Lots of my charms were from my "stash" but I did go and buy a few new pieces. Some of my stash should be considered antique! I know lots of my fabric was accquired before I went back to work in 1997, I bought NOTHING from 2004 to about 2006, then went crazy for sewing again.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 11, 2011
3:24 PM

Post #8803941

Thank you Pat for the squares, they arrived yesterday . I'm still working on yours, should be going out soon.

I spent tyesterday with my sister, Mary and mom. We made some slip covers out of flannel, and fleece for a face pillow for a massage table. Our big trip to Tim Horton's was a bust. No butter tarts. They have a very limited menu. We had a cider donut as a consolation treat. So disappointed.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 11, 2011
5:07 PM

Post #8804085

So sorry to hear that Horton's was a disappointment.

I mailed out over 15 envelopes that same day, you and Jean have acknowledged them so far.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2011
9:13 PM

Post #8804423

Astrid, and Thea...you both stated "everything" does that mean any color goes??? or any holiday???

Gloria, some of my stash is much older than that!! much much...

this is what I got from Marion :)

Thumbnail by barefootT

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 11, 2011
10:25 PM

Post #8804474

THOSE are bright! Love the flip flops!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2011
11:38 PM

Post #8804497

:-)
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

September 12, 2011
2:43 AM

Post #8804551

Great colors and I too love the flip flops.
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 12, 2011
6:58 AM

Post #8804833

Thunder...for me any Holiday in any colour goes
My plan with the charms is, once I have them all...divide them up in matching holidays...sash each charm with black (Cathedral) and make "Holiday Friendship" Table runners/Center table cloth out of them. This way I will always remember my first swap with all you special people!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 12, 2011
8:17 AM

Post #8804959

Love the cathedral window idea Thea. I can picture it in my mind and what a very thoughtful way to show off all of us!!! Heehee

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2011
9:59 AM

Post #8805081

Thanks Thea

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

September 12, 2011
2:27 PM

Post #8805476

Glad to see that I'm not the only one with fabric older than my grand daughter! She is 12 and I know a good part of my stash is much older that she is. LOL
Pat, I received another package from you! Did you mean to send me two sets of holiday squares??? Not that I mind... I just don't want someone else to get shorted. And, I might add, they are all just beautiful.
I like Thea's idea of putting them together.
Mittsy, I envy you your day spent with you mom and sister. Mine are both gone now. I do have lots of memories of us tho.
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 12, 2011
3:35 PM

Post #8805589

Today I received my first Charms from Gloria!!! They are just perfect!! I just love the little chickadees...those were my DM's favourite birds...thank you so much Gloria you just made my day :)

Thumbnail by Thea1962

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

September 12, 2011
3:43 PM

Post #8805600

And you just made mine! Thanks! Glad you liked them.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 12, 2011
3:44 PM

Post #8805602

My blocks came today from Betty. They are soooooo pretty. Thank you my friend. I'll try to get a photo up tonight...

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2011
3:50 PM

Post #8805615

Makes me want to run to my mailbox, lol. I haven't really been home for the past week or so, so for all I know there is stuff sitting there waiting for me. :)

On an up note I have all my fabrics picked out to cut, now to cut them, ha. I am getting there slowly but surely. Thunder ~ love the flip flops! Marion ~ Happy Belated B-day. And Everyone ~ Happy Any Days A Good Day To Sew Day! Ha... hee hee.
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 12, 2011
4:07 PM

Post #8805642

Hey Pat and Betty...guess what was in my mailbox today!!!!! Lo and behold...I got 2 packets of charms. That just made my day (esp since my day was a killer).

Thanks they are gorgeous...

I know I gotta start getting mine together and mailing.

Thea, since you are coming to Hillsboro, I will see you at Barb's and give you yours then!! OK????

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2011
4:40 PM

Post #8805687

Hurray! It was Christmas in my mailbox day. =) Got a bunch of charms, some from the old swap, some from this new swap, excited. I will post pics once I can figure out where I laid my camera down, hmmm.
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 12, 2011
4:42 PM

Post #8805693

I took pictures with my camera but I don't know how to get them OUT of the camera to the computer...YIKES

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 12, 2011
7:23 PM

Post #8805956

Mork, double check, one should be from me and the other from Elen if you were in both swaps. Check the return address and Elen's of course has the... opps! Has everybody got their's... let's just say it shouldn't be hard to tell which is from Elen in France!!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2011
9:20 PM

Post #8806163

I received charms from Betty and Pat (and Elen"s from other swap) thanks much they are lovely :-) too tired though to deal with the camera and down loading...
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

September 13, 2011
3:24 AM

Post #8806291

When I went to mail box last night I had oh so many wonderful envelopes.
These are the charms Betty sent.
I just love the little snowman.

Thumbnail by housse301

housse301
Lexington Park, MD

September 13, 2011
3:28 AM

Post #8806294

These are from Thea. All these great xmas fabrics and she sent the strip at the bottom which can be cut up into gift tags.

Thumbnail by housse301

housse301
Lexington Park, MD

September 13, 2011
3:31 AM

Post #8806296

And these are from Pat. I just love the green one with the xmas tree.
I have received so many wonderful charms and alot of fabrics I have never seen before.

Thumbnail by housse301

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 13, 2011
10:26 AM

Post #8806755

just wanted to pop in and post pics of the Charms I rec'd from Pat... love 'em, love 'em!!!

Mine are in the mail...

Thumbnail by Kizmo

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2011
10:32 AM

Post #8806763

I finally remembered to charge the camera and find the transfer cord so now I am in business. Did I already tell you that it takes me twice as long to do half as much?
Here's the packet from Thea. Love them and thanks so much for the generous strip. Gotta do something special with tit. The charms will go into blocks that i am making for the grandkids so each will have a grandma made it for me Christmas quilt. We, my brother and sisters each have the quilts my mom's mom made for us back in the 70's.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2011
10:33 AM

Post #8806771

This lovely assortment came from Betty, wonderful will go into the Christmas quilts for the grandkids. Thank you Betty.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2011
10:52 AM

Post #8806799

I received these from Pat. Thank you much!

Thumbnail by mittsy

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2011
11:16 AM

Post #8808192

Does any one know Astrid's last name? I want to get the stuff ready to mail out and I need a last name. Thanks for help.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2011
8:35 PM

Post #8808953

rec'd these today from Betty! Love 'em! My fall project is coming together in all shades and colors!
Thanks Betty!

Thumbnail by Kizmo

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 15, 2011
4:21 AM

Post #8809135

Bev, I have Molendijk.

I have been having so much fun doing something special for each of you. Packets went out to Pat, Thea and Betty. Got a bit carried away with Pat's Fall / Halloween theme, sure hope she likes them. It was a bit harder for Thea as I don't really "know" her, so I picked one of my favorites and hope for the best. Betty was easy, I always think of her as a giving heart. My granddaughter and I painted a snow family centerpiece using her kit and excellent instructions.

Working on Barb's now. Another easy one as we have met face to face several times and I've gifted her with one of my dearest friends, Judy, that also lives part of the year in NH. I've been looking at leaves with new eyes this fall. They are just beginning to turn, and there is a lot of variety in color and texture. I'm also inspired by Thunder and want just the right butterfly for her. Yesterday I managed to convert that button jar into a ladybug jar and I must say I am very pleased with myself. Can't wait to get Marion 's reaction.

It's raining again and I'm glad because it means I can sew and forget about weeding for today.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 15, 2011
6:31 AM

Post #8809328

Thanks for your kind words Mittsy, what a coincidence, just yesterday I was thinking of the 5th annual DG Christmas workshop and found photo's from the other 4 workshops to include in the starting sign up thread and your piece was one of the photo's!

Hoping once again you will participate..

Omg, when Barb spent the week, think we managed to do several of the ones she missed..she will have to show you when she gets a sec..I've been waiting on the Best/worse and what did I kearn thread..know she has been a busy lady so I'll wait patiently. Lol

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 15, 2011
7:26 AM

Post #8809411

That is so sweet of you Mittsy, I'm sure I will love them.

I got a beautiful package in the mail of charms from Betty, the fabric variety was wonderful with the most awesome gold metallic charms! ONe gold on gold metallic, another gold on floral. There were some really pretty prints.

This message was edited Sep 15, 2011 3:29 PM

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 15, 2011
8:03 AM

Post #8809457

Sorry, I've been slow getting things done here on line. I'm having a battle with my gall bladder and sitting isn't the best right now. Going for an unltrasound and will know more after. I WILL get photos posted soon - promise...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 15, 2011
8:07 AM

Post #8809460

Glad they are starting to arrive..look forward to what projects all our fine fabric will be used to create..got a pattern this morning from a site that sends me morning posts to tempt me into purchasing their pattern on-line and this morning it was a pumpkin table runner, am sure it's perfect for 5" charms...think I've loads left..perhaps I should bite the bullet and order it..

Problem though, almost every morning it's a pattern I want to purchase.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 15, 2011
8:08 AM

Post #8809462

No rush Barb, just get better

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2011
9:43 AM

Post #8809573

(((((((((((((((((((((((Barb))))))))))))))))))))))))))) gentle hugs to help you feel better!!! and soon...belly aches are the pits!!

all the Christmas fabrics are gorgeous!! we are gonna hafta do this again ...sew I can say Christmas !!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 15, 2011
12:29 PM

Post #8809749

Get to feeling better Barb.

Easy solution Betty, BUY THEM ALL!! lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 15, 2011
12:35 PM

Post #8809753

Think before I purchase a zillion patterns best I make something with the 1st pattern I bought!
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 15, 2011
1:19 PM

Post #8809817

Mittsy and Laura...glad you liked the charms I had send!! Glad to see that Canada Post didn`t take forever to deliver the charms.

Mittsy...I am sure I will love the charms you send to me...I am pretty easy to please since I love any kind of colour and Holiday.

Betty...I received your wonderful Charms 2 days ago (been under the weather a bit)!! I just love all of them!! It truely is like Christmas opening up the envelopes to see all the beautiful fabric gifts...Thank you so so much!!! Betty what is that Website you get all the pattern from?

Happy Birthday Thunder!!! Hope you have a wonderful day filled with love and laughter :)

Barb...hope you feel better soon...time to relax and take it easy until they can take those little buggers out. Bigggggggggg hugs to you.

Elaine...hang on to those Charms until we come and visit...but first Barb has to get better. Not much fun having company when one is in pain.

Thumbnail by Thea1962

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 15, 2011
3:29 PM

Post #8809989

Thea, here is the link

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?code=EQ00152&source=QEPOTDE

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2011
5:28 PM

Post #8810156

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!! I had a great day!!!

I received presents in the mail...lovely fabrics from Barb, and Thea and Gloria M. :)

And I got to "talk" to my soldier and my sailor..both on the computer...And of course had a great Birthday conversation with my Momma !! got calls from my sisters, and spent a lovely day with my darlin hubby !!! it was a very good day!! thanks for sharing some of it with me!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 15, 2011
6:05 PM

Post #8810213

So good to hear your day was a GOOD one Thunder! EVery bithday should be spent with the ones we love.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2011
3:32 AM

Post #8810614

Belated Best Birthday wishes, Thunder. I've made a special Butterfly strip for you, not going to cut it up so you'll have more options.
Yesterday was a very good mail day, received an envelope from Kathy (Kizmo and from Gloria (mork notmindy). Thank you both, I am searching for different block patterns that I can use. I went through an old 3 ring binder and found some of the early block swap photos. What wonderful memories they brought back.
Our phone is still cutting in and out with static, happens every time we get a lot of rain. Neighbors have all been complaining, going on a month now. Temperatures in the high 30's this morning, won't be long before the frost will be on the pumpkin!

These are the squares from Gloria.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2011
3:34 AM

Post #8810615

These are from Kathy. Interesting how some people have access to fabrics that I have never seen and how some will have several that are in my stash.

Thumbnail by mittsy

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 16, 2011
4:33 AM

Post #8810645

I really need to get pictures up! That is my goal for today other than mailing out the packages that I finished, which was all of them...whoot! whoot! I hope everyone likes the ones I mailed. I was working with what I had, so yeah, hope it isn't too boring. :( This is my second swap, still a newbie and getting to know one another, etc... Wish people lived closer. And Thunder, my bad, not a very good sister-n-law, happy belated. I have a bunch of stuff for you! I have to get up there, maybe Saturday.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2011
4:54 AM

Post #8810664

How far away from each other are you Bev and Thunder? I'm so glad I have Elaine here in my town to bounce ideas around. It must be great to have family who sews and knows what you are talking about!!!! I can't wait for Thea to come so we can gab fabric!! One more week!!!
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2011
10:08 AM

Post #8811017

Betty...OMG now you have done it...lol...that website has sooooo many beautiful pattern on it, had to restrain myself not to buy all the patterns...lol

Barb...soooo looking forward to seeing you again!!! and Fabric we shall talk...lol...I am sure our better halfs will find stuff to talk about.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 16, 2011
10:59 AM

Post #8811063

If I have to suffer the pain of receiving them daily Thea so must you!

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

September 16, 2011
6:25 PM

Post #8811589

Thea, received your packet of stunning fabrics a couple of days ago. Received packets from Kizmo and Betty today. I love them all!!!! Thank you so much! The ideas are starting to churn... popping up in the middle of the night, several times a day... I didn't realize this was going to be such fun!!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 17, 2011
4:31 AM

Post #8811931

Mail going out to Gloria today.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2011
7:40 AM

Post #8813284

Received my squares from Kathy (Kizmo) yesterday. They are so nice. I'll get pictures as soon as I can...Thank you Kathy..

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 18, 2011
5:19 PM

Post #8813922

I also received squares from Kiz yesterday!!! they are fantastic...

Gloria, my mind is going crazy for all the thoughts that are popping!!!! :-) Glad you are "there" with me!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 19, 2011
3:38 AM

Post #8814396

Did anyone NOT receive my charms?? Tks

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2011
5:48 AM

Post #8814518

From Pat...love these cute designs. I really need to find out where everyone shops for fabrics.

Thumbnail by SewSassee

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2011
5:50 AM

Post #8814520

From Gloria... nice Christmas prints, thank you. Oh, forgot to put thank you to Pat too, trying to rush and stick these photos up.

Thumbnail by SewSassee

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2011
5:51 AM

Post #8814521

From Betty, Thank you so much.

Thumbnail by SewSassee

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2011
5:59 AM

Post #8814533

From Marion... THANK YOU!! I assume this is both from the old swap and this new one because it was so wonderful to receive. And thank you for remembering my scraps for the project I am working on.

Thumbnail by SewSassee

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2011
6:01 AM

Post #8814537

From Thea, love that cute spider...omg..adorable, do tell..where did you find him? And I love the glimsy, bright, funky things..

Thumbnail by SewSassee

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2011
6:02 AM

Post #8814543

And my last one is from Kathy... great selection of novelty fabrics. Thank you. Oh geez, and to Thea, thank you... ugh and to any one else I forgot to write that "THANK YOU" rushing... that's what I get for rushing...

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2011
6:03 AM

Post #8814544

Yep, that's what I get...forgot to put the photo up! Ugh. This is from Kathy...

Thumbnail by SewSassee

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2011
9:29 AM

Post #8814832

ANCHORS !!! where did you find them??? I have to do a Navy quilt!!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 19, 2011
11:31 AM

Post #8814984

UH OH guard your stash Bev. LOL

Oh I think I have some anchors too Thunder. Let me know when you are going to need them.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2011
12:13 PM

Post #8815031

Thunder wouldn't get very far with my stash, I only have the one square with the anchors, lol. Now, if she wants to switch, one anchor square for one flip flop one...
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 19, 2011
4:08 PM

Post #8815368

Hey all, I finally cut and bundled all my charms and addressed the envelopes to send out...
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 19, 2011
4:34 PM

Post #8815401

Kizmo, I got your "little package" in the mail this weekend...LOVE them.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2011
9:34 PM

Post #8815782

I am searching, and hunting, and digging...and thinking...oh and doing a little cutting...

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2011
10:12 PM

Post #8815790

Thunder, your post reminded me of Dusty Springfields song 'Wishin and Hopin' LOL (I think I really AM brain fuzzied tonite)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbgHM1mI0k&feature=related

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2011
11:01 AM

Post #8816309

Elaine, you're very welcome! Hope they will come in handy for you!
Thunder, anchors in the mail today.
Karen, glad you are feeling better!
Mittsy... what great fabrics! and the embroidered leaf square was such a great surprise! Makes me want to slap down the money for that nice machine I want.. Thank you so much!

These are from Mittsy:

Thumbnail by Kizmo

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2011
12:20 PM

Post #8816388

Kathy, so glad you like them. Three envelopes went out today to Barb, Laura, and Marion. I am enjoying this.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 20, 2011
3:02 PM

Post #8816578

Mine are packaged and ready to go, I am just waiting for a car to get them to the post office. I know I have one on Thursday so keeping my fingers crossed. It's been too hot to walk up there, sorry for delay.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 20, 2011
8:31 PM

Post #8817098

I've been without my computer, a lovely virus so don't open any email from me that contain links with brief messages, you know the kind "try this link, I think you'll like it! etc... It seems I emailed one of my sons a link to porn. He sent me an email reply "thanks for thinking of me Mom! LOL" YIKES!

So computer at my sons/ geek squad and I'm borrowing my husbands.I apologize if I told you this already. I have lost track of who/ what I told!!

Thea, thank you so much for all the adorable novelty prints! I am debating exactly what to do with the big strips of tractor, chicken and cows. I'm thinking maybe placements for a cousin of mine that is farm crazy.

Kathy "Kizmo" the cat brown print and the big fat frog were my favorite! They will go so nicely into my charm quilts.

Mittsy, I was blown away by the embroidery blocks! I can hardly wait to get them made into a project! What kind of thread? I don't darn use them in a pot holder but could a placemate? The chicken wire print will go great with the chicken fabric that Thea sent.

THANKS to all of you!!! So much fun!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 20, 2011
9:50 PM

Post #8817205

thanks much Kiz!!! very nice leaf Mittsy :)
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 21, 2011
5:30 AM

Post #8817408

The embroidery is done with Rayon thread, 40 weight. I've embroidered potholders for my DIL Carrie and they hold up fine until they catch on fire. I tried to throw one out last time i was there and my son said oh no, those are her favorites, just put them back in the drawer. I'm working on some new ones to deliver when we get together for Thanksgiving. She has a wine and grape theme going in the kitchen so I'm doing bunches of grapes for the front and wine corks for the backing. I am also using Insulbrite.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 21, 2011
7:47 AM

Post #8817567

Ya, I made the mistake YEARS ago of practicing strip quilting by making a few different kinds of hot pads not realizing one of the fabrics was part polyester... melted the fabric first hot pan that touched it! OOPs ! LOL, THAT is why I asked, I do not want to ruin them, they are beautiful.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 21, 2011
9:46 AM

Post #8817723

Here's what I sent to Pat, I hoped she'd love the tractor. It's one of my favorites.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2011
10:19 AM

Post #8817753

Mittsy, you find the coolest fabrics...!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 21, 2011
3:07 PM

Post #8818198

A lot of them came from the remnant sale on the porch or in the tent at Keepsake.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2011
7:11 PM

Post #8818632

oh yeah... I remember your pics posted after you came back from Keepsake... I get their catalogs and keep them for reference and color combo ideas. I've been cuddling with the latest Christmas one since it came in the mail.. LOL

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 21, 2011
7:35 PM

Post #8818654

Yep, drooling all over a catalog seems to be my entertainment lately! YES, Mittsy sent some beautiful fabric and did a wonderful job of embroidery!

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 21, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8818679

The packages for the Canada swap people have gone out. The others should be going out tomorrow.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 22, 2011
5:16 AM

Post #8818994

Finally everyone's package is in the mail! Whew, hope everyone likes their squares. I really enjoy doing these swaps. =)

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 22, 2011
5:18 AM

Post #8818996

And yes Thunder I mailed your squares too. I am definitely going to be in your area on October 2nd because we are penciled in at the in-laws. No kids though, they will be with Melyssa for the day. I will bring your flannel then. I'll try to hit you first but around here you blink and everything changes.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2011
6:00 AM

Post #8819049

Sorry, that didn't work the way I expected.

This message was edited Sep 22, 2011 9:02 AM

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2011
7:10 AM

Post #8819122

I got my squares from Mittsy today. I'll post pictures later this afternoon. I just love them all Mittsy. I really do need you to come show me how to use this machine!!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 22, 2011
7:31 AM

Post #8819148

Got some pretty squares yesterday..know 1 package was from you Mittsy, loved them..was late getting home, today I'm leaving for the city right from work so won't fet to post until the weekend..was just like Christmas...now to get creative..
Maybe I'll do some embroidery blocks to inclement in my project..great added bonus!

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

September 22, 2011
12:26 PM

Post #8819553

Mittsy, I received your beautiful squares yesterday. Thanks so much for the snowflake!! It is just beautiful!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2011
1:17 PM

Post #8819597

Barb's squares

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2011
1:18 PM

Post #8819600

Betty's

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2011
1:20 PM

Post #8819602

and Gloria's. My flash is washing out the colors but it is all you get until the recipients can post better pictures.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2011
1:23 PM

Post #8819604

Sorry, this was Betty's, the heart wreath is the embroidered one.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 22, 2011
1:23 PM

Post #8819607

Betty's, Did I send you those?? Hmm memory is getting poor..lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 22, 2011
1:25 PM

Post #8819608

Are you sure?? Lol
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2011
1:26 PM

Post #8819610

I am trying to discipline myself to transfer all my pictures to a scandisk flash drive. No more lost pictures when the computer crashes. It does take a little longer but I will work at this until it becomes a habit.!!!

This message was edited Sep 22, 2011 4:47 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 22, 2011
1:38 PM

Post #8819621

Isn't is strange, you send out different pkgs. See different packages posted and all of a sudden the one you send is not familiar... Hmm don't even remember embroidering the heart, but must have. And I don't even take drugs. Lol

This message was edited Sep 23, 2011 9:52 AM
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2011
1:50 PM

Post #8819633

Those are the ones i sent to Betty. These are the ones I received from Betty

Thumbnail by mittsy

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 22, 2011
5:26 PM

Post #8819935

See Betty??? Your memory is JUST fine! Those are the ones Mittsy SENT to you!!!
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 23, 2011
2:09 AM

Post #8820213

Hey everyone, I am sending out my packages to you all today..after my eye surgery. gonna send the hubby to the post office. Hope you like my selections. I really enjoyed this (my first) swap.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 23, 2011
4:36 AM

Post #8820280

I hope your surgery goes well today. Is it a happy surgery like Lasik? I hope so. Try to relax and enjoy your honey do time...
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 23, 2011
10:20 AM

Post #8820653

not the happy laser surgery..it was seal a small hole in my retina laser surgery...I'm OK.

Hey I am cleaning out my scrap basket and I am finding a lot of long and short 1-1.5 " strips of all kinds. I know you can make strip quilts with them but I KNOW I never will get to that.Anyone interested in them? I will ship to you...I will even press them before I send them!!!! NOW That's a deal!!!!!
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 23, 2011
10:21 AM

Post #8820657

HEy, Pat...are you the one who told me you'd like the John Deere Fleece that I have??? I couldn't remember!?!?!? If not...who did????

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 23, 2011
1:04 PM

Post #8820854

Me! Me!! LOL, thanks Elaine. Let me know how big the piece is and how much the postage is. THANKS!
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 23, 2011
2:13 PM

Post #8820944

Pat, it's 2 yards...it's gorgeous...
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 23, 2011
2:16 PM

Post #8820948

I sent my swap squares today...my darling hubby went to the post office for me to mail all the packages out!!!!! YEAH.
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 23, 2011
2:20 PM

Post #8820950

Thinking of making iPad and eReader covers for a craft fair in December. Any thoughts on the sale potential????

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 23, 2011
5:58 PM

Post #8821178

I made eReader covers custom ordered though, they were owls. I don't know how well they will go but to get an eReader cover is expensive in the stores.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 23, 2011
7:18 PM

Post #8821255

Elaine, I will gladly take those strips, if no one else wants...and you do not have to iron them!!! about how much do you have ?? Do you think they would fit in a small one price box?? do they call them priority boxes??? just can't think at the moment!!! I am running on two hours of sleep last night, and a very, very hectic day at work today...

DANG!! what do they call those boxes????

I received some lovely charms from Sassee Bev!!! thanks :) they are great !!

And I also got a piece of Anchors !! thanks much Kiz, and those links you sent were great...I have saved them :)

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 23, 2011
7:39 PM

Post #8821267

Elaine, I would LOVE to have the fabric, please let me know how much postage to send you and if you would like anything else.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2011
11:59 AM

Post #8822138

I got mail! These wonderful charms came from SewSassie. Thank you Bev. I love them! I'm especially fond of the candy one. And check out the skiing penguin.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2011
12:01 PM

Post #8822140

Now check out this center in the winter swap block I received from Cheryl today.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2011
12:03 PM

Post #8822142

Last embroidered charm square.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2011
7:57 PM

Post #8822723

oh Thea... I sure thought I had posted that I rec'd some from you this week... Thank you so much, you went overboard, my friend!! LOL
And believe it or not, I was just looking at a very similar orange/spider print the night before your envelope arrived! Very cute, almost like a 'cootie bug' game I had as a kid...

Mittsy, cute scissors!

This message was edited Sep 24, 2011 11:00 PM

Thumbnail by Kizmo

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 24, 2011
8:52 PM

Post #8822796

BEAUTIFUL selection!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2011
5:59 AM

Post #8823083

Gorgeous fall day out there...thought I'd best post my charms before the beauty of the day escapes me..leaves are reminding me of my fall material received in charms..

Firsit I'll start with Kizmo (Kathy) bundle of beauties..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2011
6:23 AM

Post #8823105

And from Gloria (MorknotMindy)

Looking forward to using these pretty prints

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2011
6:41 AM

Post #8823130

and from Pat (Psychw2) Halloween prints lined with gold trimming..gorgeous..
I'm soon to be decorating my 5' scarecrow I've made this weekend out of wood..so tempted to do the patches with a couple of these charms but they are sooo pretty hate to use them..what to do, what to do?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2011
6:51 AM

Post #8823137

Mittsy, know you posted what you sent me, but they are well worth posting again..will wait until all of my charms are here, try and determine how I can put them into a project..so much to do and so little time..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2011
7:08 AM

Post #8823152

This is so fun seeing all the different prints. Here's a cute blast out of the past, the center lowest charm from Gloria to Betty is a Polly Flinders Christmas (holiday?) print that I received from a friend that unloaded a lot of her scraps. She worked in the factory that made the dresses and the employees could have the scraps. The pieces she gave me were from the excess from where the sleeves were stamped out. Beautiful fabric and lots of it. That design is quite old!!! I don't know if tPolly Flinders are even still in business or if they are, where they're breing made.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2011
7:34 AM

Post #8823177

Oh I so loved Polly Flinders. They are why I learned to do smocking, to make my grands heirloom dresses. Part I love now is to see the greats wearing their mom's dresses that I made with lace tatted by my mom. I'm going to have to pass along how to care for them as I have always done it. Psst... Oxy-Clean works wonders to restore whiteness to old cottons.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2011
7:46 AM

Post #8823189

Wow, such a lovely batch of Charms! We are sooo lucky to have sister swappers with a good eye for fabrics! My ex SIL used to buy those Polly Flinders dresses for her daughter, I was extremely jealous as I had boys to sew for... no ruffles and lace at our house!
Karen, my Gma's Home Ec. club did a lesson on smocking, one of the few I got to attend while I was young, thought it was so interesting. Gma had smocked pillowtops all over the house, all colors..

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2011
7:54 AM

Post #8823198

I purchased a gathering pleat unit years ago and made several dresses for nieces..have to check what corner it's in..then did several Christmas balls for the Dil's..was a fun project...I've many patterns if anyone smocks and might like a few

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2011
7:59 AM

Post #8823211

I remember those gathering attachments from Mom's old Singer... seemed like they were longer than a walking foot..LOL but they sure made short work of gathering for little girls dresses and sleeves!
By the way, I learned to smock using dotted swiss and gingham fabrics, but mine sure didn't look anything like Gma's. We sewed with alot of dotted swiss back then, if I remember correctly, my Confirmation dress at church was made from white dotted swiss...
Betty - smocked Christmas balls??

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2011
8:07 AM

Post #8823223

Actually the smoker pleated is a unit of it's own..hardest part was making sure the bobbins for each row didn't tangle...then you simply turn the handle and it p,eats..makes life much easier..had a few rusty needles, should really replace them..

I'll look for the Christmas ball pattern for you to see

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2011
9:14 AM

Post #8823279

I have a pleater (Google it Kiz) but I doubt if I'll ever use it again. I'm hoping my new sewing granddaughter will want to learn it at some point as she has a baby girl.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 25, 2011
9:16 AM

Post #8823280

I only ever smocked one thing in my life. Decided it was pretty but not worth all the effort! I went back to gathering and stitching daisy trim or rick-rack etc. Almost ALL of the dresses my neice has her pictures taken in were made by me.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2011
9:35 AM

Post #8823291

One of the dresses I worked the hardest and longest on, I never got a picture of. I made it for my son's wedding for his about to be daughter who was 3. I spent over a month just putting the fabric together , shaping and inserting lace and embroidery, before I even cut out the pattern.Almost another month making the dress. She looked like an angel in it. The dress never even made it to the reception. Right after the wedding her little cousin grabbed her dress and gave it a good yank. Totally shredded the whole front. That family just seemed to shrug the whole thing off. I took the dress saying I would try to salvage it but really just put it away out of sight.
I relented when my granddaughter was making her first communion. I made her communion dress and then made a porcelain baby doll. I took what I could of the dress and made a christening dress for the doll. Then got a basket and put in a matching pillow and gave her the doll as a gift telling her that it wasn't really a doll to play with but one to just look at.
Three days later her mom called me to say Ashley had taken the doll outside, dropped it on the sidewalk and smashed it. She excused it by saying "well she just wanted to take it to show her friend"
Once again I took it back "to try to fix" but again put it away.
When Ashley was an adult and I was giving away all my porcelain dolls to daughters & grands, I once again fixed it up and gave it to her. As far as I know, it's still fine.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 25, 2011
12:53 PM

Post #8823475

Oh Karen, I am certain you were broken hearted at the casual way they treated what should have been heirloom treasures!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2011
12:54 PM

Post #8823476

Just got a message from Thea that she and Bernie are home safely and that she will post tomorrow...

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2011
1:27 PM

Post #8823494

Gosh Karen, all that work put into a gift of love... Seems I do the same thing (or used to...) always wanted to give a gift fitting of the occasion like Gma taught us (give something that you would want to receive or nicer..), but found quickly that the recipient usually didn't appreciate the same 'fine-ness' that I did. The things I did give were usable either everyday like baskets arranged with silk flowers for their living room, or lace tablecloths that could be put in a hope chest for holiday dinners or whatever. Usually included an everyday type of gift also. Very rarely rec'd TY notes, or calls, even found some things at their yard sales later on, with tags for $1... The last baby quilt for Mom's favorite nephew was opened, refolded and put back in the gift bag, no comment, no TY and Mom has never seen them use it. At least I made the effort, made sure it was the same theme and colors the mother wanted, after that I can't control what they do with it. But they won't get another one for the next one coming up. Am I getting persnickity as I get older? LOL yes, I am!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2011
2:59 PM

Post #8823611

I kept trying for my son's sake and his "daughter". The DIL is now a former but her daughter has stayed close to us. She remembers that we always loved her and she never felt like a "step".

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2011
3:40 PM

Post #8823652

Barb, can't wait to hear all about your weekend together!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2011
5:37 AM

Post #8824399

We did have a wonderful time and most of it was spent just talking and chatting about Everything. I think we solved the problems of the world six times over and in six different ways!!! We enjoyed a dinner here at home on Friday night. I made chicken cacciatore for them. Then Elaine and her hubby came over for coffee and apple crisp for dessert. Was an enjoyable evening. Did I post a picture? If I did I'm sorry to duplicate...
This is Thea, Elaine and I. We sat up late just chatting while Norm and Bernie were in bed sound asleep.

The next morning, Thea and I went to my local quilt shop and Norm took Bernie for a tour of the town. Thea suffered from fabric overload at first. There must be close to 3000 bolts of fabric and she had never seen a shop so large. The owner took special care to see that Thea had any help she needed. It was so much fun to watch her as every time she turned around it was "Look at this!!" Needless to say we both spent $$$$$.

Then we went back to town for Schnitzelfest. Thea comes from Germany and we had fun. There was a OMMPAH band playing and German food and the deserts were also to die for. (We have a German bakery here in town and I Love the pretzels...) They did the cooking and there were all kinds of sausage as well as pork schnitzel. There was sauerkraut and red cabbage and potato salad and rolls. And of course the was German beer. Bernie had some and said it was a good one.

I took Thea to my fabric storage and we pulled some fabrics for her to take home. I have so much and fabric is expensive in Canada so I'm glad to help. We had stuffed ourselves at the festival to the point where we really didn't want to eat dinner Sat night. So instead, we went for ice cream!!!!
Fun way to end a day. Again we sat and chatted and watched a bit of TV and then off to bed we went as they had to drive home the next day.

Up bright and early Sunday morning and Norm cooked a breakfast for us all. They headed out about 9:30am and Thea called at 3:30 pm. They had made a stop for lunch so I figure they traveled about 5 hours. They took different routes coming and going so I'm not really sure of travel times. I know the next visit is for Norm and I to go there. I shall look forward to that and hope we can do it before the snow flies and if not, just as soon as the snow goes!!! Now that I have this passcard, I want to use it!!! I must thank Betty for if it weren't for her, I probably never would have gotten one!!!!

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2011

Post #8824423

Lucky ladies, sounds like a wonderful week-end.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2011
6:07 AM

Post #8824481

Thanks for the picture, it's nice to put a face or faces to the name(s). What's a passcard? I'm on my way out to the post office to mail out more envelopes. These are going to Thunder, Astrid, Elaine, and Bev.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2011
7:26 AM

Post #8824574

I think in NY you have an "expanded license"? Here you get a passcard - it looks like a license but it is only for crossing into Canada, Mexico and I believe the Caribbean countries. It can NOT be used to fly into another country - only by boat or driving a car/truck.

I recieved squares from Bev and Mittsy. My camera is doing funny things so I think I'm going to wait until I get a few and use my daughter's camera to get photos all at once. The squares are lovely and I really like them a lot...

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 26, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8824584

Barb in your photo from left to right, who is who? Also, I love the towel in the back ground that is shaped like a dress, cute.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2011
7:32 AM

Post #8824591

The photo is left to right. Thea, Elaine and myself.
The towel was one I received from Judy (seedtosser) as part of a towel swap a couple of years ago. It was great. I have a ladder that I display them on and change them around by the seasons...Must do again for fall!!!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 26, 2011
7:33 AM

Post #8824594

Looks like you all had fun

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2011
7:35 AM

Post #8824598

It's coming up that time of year again Cher for us to try to meet. Have you heard anything about "The Gathering" and if it's being held and where? I know there was a problem with it's location but I never heard if that was resolved or not.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 26, 2011
7:35 AM

Post #8824599

I love that ladder I was just asking my hubby for something like that and I mentioned the one you have Barb.
Cher

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 26, 2011
7:39 AM

Post #8824614

Oh I didn't hear that really no last I heard it was still at Radisson I will have to check. But I am definately going to be there. I usually go on the Sat. I am gonna check now. I have the boiler man here today and I think are going to need a new one he has been here a long time aaaaagggghhh.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2011
7:40 AM

Post #8824615

Norm made that for me. He has made me two big ones and one little one for small table runners. As I keep on quilting, he will need to make more!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2011
7:41 AM

Post #8824618

A long time may mean that he is trying to fix it. Usually they can tell after the first few minutes if it is gone or not!!!!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 26, 2011
7:46 AM

Post #8824624

Yeah he gave me the squishy face look when he first got here but said let me work on it and I can tell you where you're at still waiting... (Jepoardy Theme Song playing in back ground) LOL oh well what can you do gotta get ready for these New England winters around here.
So I just read this on the gatherings web site...

We are pleased to announce...

A Quilters' Gathering
will be held November 3-6, 2011 at

Radisson Hotel Nashua
11 Tara Boulevard, Nashua NH 03062

Telephone: (603) 888- 9970 Fax: (603) 888-4112

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 26, 2011
9:52 AM

Post #8824841

Ohhh Barb, isn't that near you?

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 26, 2011
11:18 AM

Post #8824971

Well all was fine with the boiler you were right Barb thank goodness.Just a little extra cleaning was needed.
Cher

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

September 26, 2011
11:40 AM

Post #8824997

Well, it was like Christmas at the post office this morning! I received squares from Elaine and Beverly, and placemats from Janice!! Thank you all so much!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2011
1:02 PM

Post #8825122

So glad to hear the furnace is okay Cher. They can be such money grabbers. We get ours cleaned every single summer. So far, no problems.
Thank you so much for the info about the Gathering. I'm going to try to round up a few friends to go. Maybe we can try to meet again this year and I promise I won't have the red rose between my teeth. A bright orange mum maybe instead?????

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 26, 2011
2:14 PM

Post #8825220

more surprises in the mail today... this one from Elaine (thank you so very much, I love 'em too!!! LOL)

Thumbnail by Kizmo

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 26, 2011
2:16 PM

Post #8825222

and... Hooray!!! A squishie from Bev! Thank you, and Thanks for hosting the swap!

Thumbnail by Kizmo

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 26, 2011
7:15 PM

Post #8825810

I really enjoyed doing this swap. I hope everyone else is too. =)

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 26, 2011
8:20 PM

Post #8825871

I got an envelope from Elaine !!1 YES it is all bright enough :) love them...Maybe on my next day off I will get caught up??!! and get some pictures...
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 27, 2011
3:00 AM

Post #8826120

Bev...received my packet last night...LOVE THEM!!!!!!! Looks like you used a repurposed Medco bag to send them in????

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2011
4:51 AM

Post #8826207

Hi Elaine, no I have a bunch of poly bags because I use to sell on eBay back in 2007. I had bought them in bulk and so yeah been using them for years now, lol. But, alas, I am almost out, sniff. :(
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2011
2:03 PM

Post #8826864

Got these lovely charms yesterday. Some 30's reproductions and a couple of neat Christmas. Thank you so much, they'll work well with my other 30's fabrics and the Christmas ones will go into my oldest grandson's quilt.

Thumbnail by mittsy

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 27, 2011
5:13 PM

Post #8827081

Just got back home and I haven't had a chance to open my "squishes" yet. Exhausted is about all I can say for myself at the moment. Love all the fabrics I see have been posted and I am sure mine are just as lovely.

Now, I am declaring it a night--didn't sleep well last night and the drive was horrible today!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 27, 2011
6:18 PM

Post #8827185

I'm glad you are home Marion, ma.y you get a great night's sleep

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 27, 2011
6:19 PM

Post #8827190

Sleep well Marion..
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

September 27, 2011
6:40 PM

Post #8827221

Mittsy, glad you like them...
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
3:28 AM

Post #8827445

Can you believe it? I cleaned and rearranged the sewing room and now I can't find my packet of 30's repros. Must have packed them for Florida. Thanks again, Elaine.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 28, 2011
4:44 AM

Post #8827485

Mittsy I just hope you didn't do like I did. I had all these labels made for my sewing items and I said to my husband where in the world did I put all the labels I had? He said honey you used them. I said hmmm... Good thing he remembered because I swear I hadn't lol
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
8:17 AM

Post #8827736

Finally finding some time to post!!
We had the most wonderful time visiting with Barb and Norm!! Meeting Elaine and her DH on Friday night was soooo nice and we chatted away like we knew each other for ages.
OMG talk about Fabric overload in Barb's LQS...lol...I have never seen that much fabric in my life...OMG and the prices same fabric I pay here 16.95$ plus 13% tax was only 9$ over in NH and NO taxes!! I could have spend days in there just looking and touching fabric...well and of course buying!!! lol
And then Barb's Fabric "shop" in the basement!!! I thought for sure we will get stopped at the border to pay duty on all the fabric, but the agent only said have a nice day!!!
I have now soooo many ideas swirling around in my head what I could do with all the fabric that I am wishing for rain days/snow days so I can just sit and sew!!! lol
Kathy...I am glad you liked all the charms...and no I did not went overboard...lol...just a little pay-back for your generosity when we did our little fabric swap!!
While I was gone I also received Charms!! Wow it surely was like Christmas morning!!!

This one is from Kathy...thank you so much...just love all the vibrant colours!!!!

Thumbnail by Thea1962

Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
8:21 AM

Post #8827741

And this one is from Pat...can`t wait to get started with my Holiday table runners...your charms are just beautiful...thank you so much!!!

Thumbnail by Thea1962

Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
8:27 AM

Post #8827753

Here are Mittsy's Charms!! OMG just love the snowflake...it sure will find a special place in my "Winter" table runner...after Christmas I always decorate with snowmen and snowflakes so this is a perfect match! The rest of the beautiful charms are a perfect match for the Christmas Tablecloth I have planned.
Thank you very much!!

Thumbnail by Thea1962

Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
8:31 AM

Post #8827758

And here are the beautiful charms I received from Elaine...it sure was great to have them hand delievered by you!! It was so nice to meet you finally in Person and I am sure it won`t be the last time!!!
Thank you again for the great charms.

Thumbnail by Thea1962

Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
8:40 AM

Post #8827769

And last but not least my charms from Barb!! These are only the beautiful charms from the swap...but holy moses she loaded me up with other charms and Pattern and fabric and tons of other gifts!!
Oh and I bought this amazing folding Ironing board at Barb's LQS and boy does it ever work great!!!
Thank you again my friend for allllllllll the things that came home with me!!!!
Love you!!

Thumbnail by Thea1962

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 28, 2011
11:44 AM

Post #8827976

It's time for a new thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1222976/

Please continue on there, thanks. =)
Canadastrid
Saskatoon
Canada

September 30, 2011
6:52 PM

Post #8831058

Well I'm back..holy cow what a month.
My husbands father passed away (91 yrs) so hubby and son went to Europe for his funeral
So the farm is on my shoulders...and then I get fired last week..Oh no..she had to let me go..that is what she said...
I know what it is..I worked in a Spa en yes..47 and overweight is not what they are looking for...so when a 20someskinnybitch walked in the door I could go.
But my revenge is sweet..I open tomorrow my own spa, conveniently located in the local hairsalon.
I know my old clients liked me..and non of them was 20something, all where older who liked a more mature person.
So...I know a lot will follow..I hope they all( and more) will come to me.

Anyway..I'm here now...cutting my squares, they will be mailed out this week..oh and if there are any who do have a ladybug fabric...the ladybug is my new logo...so since a few days..i'm collecting ladybugs ;-)

But don't change if you have already cut..I'm happy with everything...

Oh I do miss a few addresses.
Abbisgrandma.
ElaineAnn1
Mittsy
House301
Quilter5bdsr...

Please mail me your address..i know from some i should have it..but I didn't save them...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 30, 2011
8:04 PM

Post #8831153

Astrid, welcome to the "I love Ladybugs" group!! I have been collecting them for years--can literally take over a house. Yes, I am speaking of the dust catchers not the real bugs.
Will gladly add some ladybug fabric to your squares.

Sorry to hear of your father- in- law passing and losing your job. Having your own place does sound much nicer.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 30, 2011
8:24 PM

Post #8831178

Astrid, I have seen newspaper ads in the classified saying "Name" has moved to a new location!! with a picture of the stylist. That is a common way that hair stylists get their clients to follow them to the new location. I hope this turns out to be a wonderful "Cosmic Boot", you know, when God gives us a little helping hand to do what is best for us!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
4:54 AM

Post #8831362

Check your dmail - I have sent the addresses to you...
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
5:15 AM

Post #8831379

Thunder posted on the other charm square thread that she received her charm squares. Now I can post them without spoiling the surprise. I did a strip with bright appliqued butterflies, she can cut them to whatever size she'd like. I had to seam scraps together to get enough width for the wings. I love applique.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
5:19 AM

Post #8831382

I had received a free design for a ship's wheel with anchor so included that along with the embroidered butterfly. My stash is very limited here in NY so I appreciate that you were willing to accept the embellished blocks in place of themed fabrics.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
5:19 AM

Post #8831383

Beautiful - just beautiful!!!!!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
5:26 AM

Post #8831386

My sister and i have been ordering embroidery thread from ebay and i can't believe the bargains that we have found. I have been buying embroidery bobbin thread from Brother, quite pricey. On ebay we found both black and white bobbin thread on very large cones for a great price. Many even offer free shipping. It's been fun trying out all the new colors.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 1, 2011
9:24 AM

Post #8831644

LOL Mittsy!!! You make it sound like a hardship or we're being "generous" for accepting your gorgeous embroidery work! We are in heaven! We are thinking WOW!!! You have put so much work into your applique and we are excited to get them!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
12:16 PM

Post #8831816

i want to participate in the swaps but when I'm in NY I don't have much to work with. It just goes against my nature to go out and buy something when I have so much just waiting in FL. Must be the Yankee thriftiness.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 1, 2011
7:06 PM

Post #8832199

Mittsy, I'd take an embroidered swap from you anyday! LOL

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 1, 2011
8:10 PM

Post #8832263

I agree
Mittsy, your pieces with the embroidery are sew beautiful!!! they brought me to tears :)
I've got to tell you I was having a horrendous day!!! came home from work and your package was sitting on my desk...I opened it !!!! and it was so loverly!!! I just sat here and cried !!!! then I got happy again :)
thank you much !!! and sorry I posted on the wrong thread...it has been ...one of those days...uh...months!!!
October will be better at some point, I know it will as the DIL and GD will be visiting for a few days :-)
Astrid, so sorry for your loss, hope the New job turns out to be fantastic, and I think I have a few bits of lady bugs, that I did not yet send to Marion...if so I will send to you...
I have little stacks started, a few more bits to add and my packages will be on their way.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 1, 2011
8:34 PM

Post #8832277

oh Thunder, I forgot to email you but I'm headed to my father-n-laws tomorrow. I'll throw the fabric in the car and hope that you are home sometime whenever I figure that out tomorrow so that I can drop it off to you and do the exchange.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 1, 2011
8:42 PM

Post #8832280

Do not think tomorrow will work !!! I have to go to work for 1:00, and will probably sleep until noon !! as I most likely won't get to sleep until around 5 or 6 am...
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
2:11 AM

Post #8832400

OK friends, here's my offer. Will swap Christmas blocks for embroidery or applique work. As I am stitching out trials to check patterns and color combinations, I'll post them. They will be photographed and offered as is. I will also take requests until I am back in Fl and have a life again. Leaving here just before Thanksgiving.
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

October 2, 2011
4:35 AM

Post #8832438

Mittsy, I received your packet yesterday...OMG they are gorgeous. I was thumbing through them and felt something thicker...what is this I thought? There are 2 of them? I pulled them out and to my surprise there were 2 embroidered squares...one ornament and one snowflake!!!! WOW they blew me away...TY TY TY

Just reading your swap posting above..since I am new to this what are you calling "Christmas blocks"? Finished pieced blocks? I would LOVE some embroidered Winter blocks on different colored fabric (dark blue-red-to add to my sashiko projects I am working on.
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

October 2, 2011
4:47 AM

Post #8832445

Thea, it was a pleasure to meet you and your better half...my husband enjoy\ed you both very much especially the German connection...IF you think Barbara's got a lot of fabric, I should have gotten you over to my studio...except that my fabric is not as oraganized as Barbs but I got a LOT! I'm kind of a fabric hoarder...Everytime I see something I immediately see the finished piece...just like my painting..I see an old _ _ _ _ and say I can see exactly what I want to paint on that!..drives my husband crazy..
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
5:15 AM

Post #8832475

Elaine, (and others) I have committed to making four more Christmas quilts for my grandchildren, each of the kids already got one. I've posted pictures in the past and will try to link to them. Each quilt requires 12 blocks which I sash and add borders to make it a nice size for cuddling up on the couch to watch tv. I'm currently working on one for taylor age 16, she likes a little bling (glitz) so using block's with gold and silver, metallic etc. in hers. Also organizing non bling for Jonathan who will be 16 in Feb. Then I have Jarrod, will be a teen soon and Hannah who just started kindergarten. The blocks are 12 1/2" and I'm trying to keep them in the traditional red, green, gold, white colors. My youngest granddaughter with her student of the month award

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
5:17 AM

Post #8832476

These are the blocks I sent to elaine. I'm so glad you like them.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
5:32 AM

Post #8832491

James and Heather's Christmas quilt

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8268700

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
5:34 AM

Post #8832494

Gorgeous - just gorgeous!!!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
5:38 AM

Post #8832502

Lisa and Ray's christmas quilt

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8218030
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
5:44 AM

Post #8832507

Rob and Carrie's Christmas quilt

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7768615
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011

Post #8832511

What fun, rereading some of those old threads when we were all getting to know one another! Now we're family. I love you all, you have enriched my life more than I could ever articulate.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
9:17 AM

Post #8832750

That goes both ways Mittsy. I can't tell how thrilled I was to meet you the first time. Now I feel like we have been friends forever. I think all of us have found a very special place here among our fellow quilters/sewers. I would hate to lose it...Every one of you ladies and gentlemen are so special to me. And each has helped me in so many ways.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 2, 2011
9:27 AM

Post #8832770

Ohhh love the quilt..so nice to see a work of art and something of yourself within...I'm sure Rob and Carrie will love it!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 2, 2011
9:31 AM

Post #8832778

Mittsy, I would be happy to exchange some Christmas block for some embroidery blocks.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
9:50 AM

Post #8832819

OK Pat, Give me some suggestions. It might help if you gave me some ideas of projects you are working on.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 2, 2011
10:16 AM

Post #8832859

Me too Mittsy !!!! anything that could go into a "navy" quilt the anchor is awesome!!! and any butterflies / dragonflies, snow flakes / snow men, or snow ladies !! anything you have done that I have seen was beautiful !!!

do you still need some "bling"?? and do you prefer blocks with a center space that you can embroider in?? or does that not matter???

this is my new design wall, as you can see...I am in a Christmassy kinda mood !!!

blocks from some of those swaps in your quilts are here, and I have a stack still too add (three swaps)

Thumbnail by barefootT

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 2, 2011
10:25 AM

Post #8832868

Mittsy, the finished quilts are so pretty. I so agree about this group of people. I just happened on this group back when I was really having a rough time after losing my husband, I don't think if I typed the rest of this decade I could tell each what you have meant to me--actually pulled me from a bad depression. So thanks all, you to Stu. I look at my blocks and getting this warm fuzzy feeling!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
11:05 AM

Post #8832911

Oh Marion, I'm so there with you. I found this site by accident. Found DG by Googling to identify a flower I had see for the first time. When looking around, I saw the Sewing & Quilting forum and here I now live. You all mean more to me than I can ever say.
I hope nothing happens to this site. I visit the other house but it's just not the same.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
11:24 AM

Post #8832933

Here's a chickadee I did, there's a companion Cardinal. They're meant to be redwork or bluework. I would swap one of each for one block. I did it as a 6.5" square. It can also be reversed as a mirror image.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
11:24 AM

Post #8832935

My block

Thumbnail by mittsy

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 2, 2011
11:47 AM

Post #8832964

Mittsy, your greenery fabric is very different with roses and pinecones, very nice combination!

Ideas... I could really put to use a block with snowflake on blue to go in my winter collection. I like the chickadee but would LOVE a cardinal! An Angel to go in the Christmas stuff. That's about all I can identify right now except of course CATS!!! applique, embroidery, CATS in any size. Even if it's a single large square with eye and whiskers.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 2, 2011
11:56 AM

Post #8832975

You are enticing me to embroider more blocks Mittsy. What a great way to embellish the quilt.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
2:23 PM

Post #8833128

What color thread would you like the cardinal done in? any what size? Is white background ok?
ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

October 2, 2011
2:37 PM

Post #8833133

Mittsy, those quilts are gorgeous...I am inspired to create a Christmas quilt for my daughter...My son and his family?!?!?! Not sure if they'd appreciate it...THey like it when I paint stuff for them. Anything I can do to help you out? Would also love a cardinal emboidered..Got some lovely fabrics with cardinals in them. With everyone's inspiration I feel I can do so much more than I am doing...I'm amped...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 2, 2011
4:24 PM

Post #8833252

Clear red on TOT white fabric I think. size?? ... 6 inch. I'll frame it with print fabrics. THANKS

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 2, 2011
4:28 PM

Post #8833258

New thread... this one is getting too long.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1223463/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America